Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft RTS Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 02:05 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
Back on wifi for a few hours. Good job gurtogg. Halfelf now is a good time for xalmor farewell pov. Ill be back on sunday for valens.
I've been away these past few days in Oregon for a Shakespeare Festival. Now that I have returned I'll get to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 06-09-2013, 12:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

I'm home!

Time to write, bitches.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

By my count, that was the 82nd update I myself wrote featuring my dear Xalmor Windrunner, not to count the myriad of other updates I mentioned him in or the updates of others. What a long journey it was.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 06-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Eternal

So what happens to Jallan?

Thinking of doing an writeup for this..which would forever disconnect our canon from the Warcraft timeline.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul

Last edited by xie323; 06-10-2013 at 03:31 PM..
Old 06-10-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
So what happens to Jallan?
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...lan#post113030

Quote:
Old 06-10-2013, 07:37 PM

Eternal

There, I invalidated the Warcraft Canon in the RP.

What did everyone think?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul

Last edited by xie323; 06-11-2013 at 11:20 AM..
Old 06-11-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
OOC: There I invalidated the entire Warcraft Blizzard canon!
Removed that bit because I can't say decisively, for fairness' sake, whether the timeline leads into WoW or not - however, I leave that possibility open, and our imaginations able to fill in the gaps.

I also edited the Jallan bit to that effect.

Wonderful Xalmor finale, HalfElf, it met my expectations and hopes well indeed. Very good characterization there, glad you chose Kraus. Similar words of praise to Ashen, and the utilization of various Benefactors and their conditions to paint the return of the King.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:21 PM

Sentinel Queen

Yeah, HED, that really was pretty darn beautiful.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:34 PM

You praise me too highly, and I thank you for it.

Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 03:08 PM

Eternal

Now the clash of armies can finally begin! Question is, does it take place the same time as Xythi'mort? I hope it actually does.

As for the ending, I actually wrote some parts to bring my own closure to the Garrosh arc--we see that his misportrayal is only one of many realities, in some realities, Varian actually turns evil and Garrosh does not. In some cases they both turn evil and MOP ends with Garrosh and Varian BOTH dying after succumbing to the Sha---Thrall leads the Horde rebels in attacking Orgrimmar and Jaina leads the alliance rebels against Stormwind. However there are also realities where they both become better people too!

Also Varian's title in realities where he turns evil is Varian Wyrnn: God-King of the Empire of Man, Garrosh title is the same.

Last edited by xie323; 06-12-2013 at 03:20 PM..
Old 06-13-2013, 06:48 AM

Eternal

To be sincere I still can't believe we are so close to the end of the great war.

Its hard for me to believe we are finally here.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 06-13-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
To be sincere I still can't believe we are so close to the end of the great war.

Its hard for me to believe we are finally here.
It does seem rather surreal, doesn't it?

My first update was in late January 2010. And I was already twenty pages late to the party. It has been a long-ass time for us all.

Quote:
Old 06-13-2013, 03:29 PM

Eternal

Anyways does the clash of armies take place the same time as the Xythi'mort fight? I hope it actually does.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Anyways does the clash of armies take place the same time as the Xythi'mort fight? I hope it actually does.
I don't think so.

Quote:
Old 06-13-2013, 05:06 PM

Eternal

Would actually be a good narrative technique IMO.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:13 AM

Quote:
It's complicated because of the passage of time issue in the Temple of Ula-Tek. The way I envisaged it is, and was planning on making clear, is that the evil darkness which must not be named to keep things serious is defeated shortly before Zula's latest update.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:16 PM

Eternal

Quote:
It's complicated because of the passage of time issue in the Temple of Ula-Tek. The way I envisaged it is, and was planning on making clear, is that the evil darkness which must not be named to keep things serious is defeated shortly before Zula's latest update.
CALL IT BY ITS NAME
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 06-14-2013, 08:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
It does seem rather surreal, doesn't it?
My first post was May 29, 2009. 257 entries, so says the search tool. I've got about one update left to write. Surreal indeed.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:56 AM

I am going to Gozo today and will overnight there, and there's not really Internet there. Since I can't leave offline messages in Skype like I used to with MSN because Skype is shit:

@Kerrah: Update as we discussed, taking into account Zula's latest update, and end your update at the same time his ends timelinewise.

@Zula: Jin'thek's mortal avatar has arrived with the red communication stone from Quel'Danas because Xythi'mort has been defeated. When Kerrah updates you are free to write the battle scene we discussed between him and his polar opposite. When I get back on Sunday I will write about the Orb and what happens with the other hilltop.

I wanted to update before you two but I can't because of this no-Internet zone today and I am hoping to finish Valen's Cut on Monday, because the job I mentioned starts on Tuesday and I'll be in London. I should still have time to write the coming weekend, but I don't know where I'll be!

Someone please tell Kerrah about this post just in case he doesn't see it.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:41 AM

Sentinel Queen

165 posts. I'll be darned. Still a few to go, tho. Two or so should do.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:55 PM

To elaborate:

As you can tell from my last update... I broke the timeline. I expected it as much as any of you did, I was just writing and I knew I had to do it. However, I did make a vow I intend to keep, that Great War will end in a way everyone will like it to. Funnily enough, what xie did originally will hold true in the sense that there will be an alternate timeline... but the timeline splits around the time of the defeat of the Seer God, the Fifth God. What this means is the epilogue will be the same for everyone for the next 100 years, but there'll be a branching point where I will show how things lead up to WoW, and another branch where things do not lead up to it. Best of both worlds Is everyone happy with this?
Old 06-16-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
To elaborate:

As you can tell from my last update... I broke the timeline. I expected it as much as any of you did, I was just writing and I knew I had to do it. However, I did make a vow I intend to keep, that Great War will end in a way everyone will like it to. Funnily enough, what xie did originally will hold true in the sense that there will be an alternate timeline... but the timeline splits around the time of the defeat of the Seer God, the Fifth God. What this means is the epilogue will be the same for everyone for the next 100 years, but there'll be a branching point where I will show how things lead up to WoW, and another branch where things do not lead up to it. Best of both worlds Is everyone happy with this?
I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the idea (breaking the timeline) at all... but the thing you proposed... that's a good way to do it.

I really need to work on not skimming through paragraphs.

Quote:

Last edited by HalfElfDragon; 06-16-2013 at 02:30 PM..
Old 06-16-2013, 02:43 PM

Sentinel Queen

What HED said. Second part, about paragraphs. I - as one might imagine - am quite happy otherwise...
Old 06-16-2013, 06:33 PM

I said I wanted everyone to be happy when Great War ended, and I meant it. I'm really sorry to those who may have envisaged things taking a different turn so far. Sometimes, when I try to please one person, it is automatic I'll upset another.

I mean it when I say I am sorry. You've all put in four years of your lives into this. I want you to all be there with me, contented, at the end, and proud of what we've achieved. If I was to split the timeline, maybe it shouldn't have happened just yet, but rather have been saved for the epilogue, to showcase two possible historical weaves, and make everyone happy that way. It was my original intention.

I'm thinking about what to do now. Feedback is very much desired.

Communication problems are always at the heart of every issue between friends.

EDIT:

Quote:
That there was no denying them. But it was in that moment that Anasterian Sunstrider came awake from his nightmares, from his coma, and clutched his chest in terror and understanding, understanding at last the Fon'kaz'kah.
Changed it to this to keep the official split post-Great War, but as to who wins Valen's Cut, that has nothing to do with the timeline, and I don't personally know how that battle will end yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by Timolas; 06-16-2013 at 07:15 PM..
Old 06-16-2013, 09:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the idea (breaking the timeline) at all... but the thing you proposed... that's a good way to do it.

I really need to work on not skimming through paragraphs.
I'm pretty much of one mind with HalfElf here.

Tags
collaboration, creative