Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 07-08-2014, 12:23 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

$20 for all five wings (considering wing 1 is free if you play within a month or something of it coming out) is pretty ok. I may just buy them for real monies because screw farming that much gold. I don't mind paying for what is essentially an expansion pack Especially when the base game was free anyways
Old 07-08-2014, 12:37 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

I really hope to see Uldaman or Sunwell next.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:54 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Dat Naxx HYPE! Thankfully the second i found out it was coming this month i began saving all the golds .
Old 07-08-2014, 12:57 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
I really hope to see Uldaman or Sunwell next.
If I were to guess, an expansion of the game involving new Avatars such as Varian, Liadrin, and Nabundo representing BC, which will be capped off with Sunwell.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:58 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
$20 for all five wings (considering wing 1 is free if you play within a month or something of it coming out) is pretty ok. I may just buy them for real monies because screw farming that much gold. I don't mind paying for what is essentially an expansion pack Especially when the base game was free anyways
Same. I don't play the game enough to get that amount of gold.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Same. I don't play the game enough to get that amount of gold.
3 Quests are about 150 - 250g and you will probably get gold for winning the wing itself then there are the achievements . I just hope they are generous with the UK prices instead of them being the same as the US Dollar ones >.<.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:35 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
3 Quests are about 150 - 250g and you will probably get gold for winning the wing itself then there are the achievements . I just hope they are generous with the UK prices instead of them being the same as the US Dollar ones >.<.
It will be 20, or $35 Because they hate you and our money is worthless (thanks Obama )

Edit: Actually though it's really 14
http://t.co/fCdbbN9os0

So you are still getting ripped off, but at least it's only for $4

Last edited by Warlock; 07-08-2014 at 01:43 PM..
Old 07-08-2014, 01:47 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Defeating all of the bosses in Naxxramas on Heroic mode will unlock a new card back for your collection.
Wonder what this will be? Season 4 already gives Naxxramas card back

Also I have a lot of gold saving to do... only 400g so far
Old 07-08-2014, 02:00 PM

Elune

Unless I am mistaken it was supposed to be that the last wing, Frostwyrm Lair, was opened after the other four were completed, now it is payed for. So that is a lie already.

Coupled with the borderline ripoff price of 700g, and the disturbance of the gold to money ratio with these prices, I have to say I am once again very disappointed by Blizzard.

Does their ethical free fall know no limits?
Old 07-08-2014, 02:05 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Unless I am mistaken it was supposed to be that the last wing, Frostwyrm Lair, was opened after the other four were completed, now it is payed for. So that is a lie already.

Coupled with the borderline ripoff price of 700g, and the disturbance of the gold to money ratio with these prices, I have to say I am once again very disappointed by Blizzard.

Does their ethical free fall know no limits?
You're probably mistaken. I've always had the impression the first one was free, not the last one.
Curse of Naxxramas will open its gates over the course of 5 weeks, opening wing by wing. The first wing of Curse of Naxxramas, The Arachnid Quarter, will be available free for all Hearthstone players. If you wish to venture further into Naxxramas to collect all of the new cards for your collection, each wing besides the Arachnid Quarter can be purchased with in-game gold or real money, whichever you prefer. As each wing is released, the cards available in each wing will also show up in your Arena picks, even if you have not earned them for your personal collection yet.

This was back in April.

edit: Blizzard's definition of all is a bit suspect.

Last edited by Malygos; 07-08-2014 at 03:04 PM..
Old 07-08-2014, 04:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malygos View Post
You're probably mistaken. I've always had the impression the first one was free, not the last one.
Curse of Naxxramas will open its gates over the course of 5 weeks, opening wing by wing. The first wing of Curse of Naxxramas, The Arachnid Quarter, will be available free for all Hearthstone players. If you wish to venture further into Naxxramas to collect all of the new cards for your collection, each wing besides the Arachnid Quarter can be purchased with in-game gold or real money, whichever you prefer. As each wing is released, the cards available in each wing will also show up in your Arena picks, even if you have not earned them for your personal collection yet.

This was back in April.

edit: Blizzard's definition of all is a bit suspect.
"After the Arachnid Quarter, the next four wings can be purchased for 700 gold per wing or 5.99 EUR (4.99 GBP) per wing". That tells me that the first is free rather than the last. The last one was never said to be free unless i missed something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
It will be 20, or $35 Because they hate you and our money is worthless (thanks Obama )

Edit: Actually though it's really 14
http://t.co/fCdbbN9os0

So you are still getting ripped off, but at least it's only for $4
I am used to it unfortunately the only good thing about the UK price tags is that when i get a game for my Sony consoles (i get them using my US account) it feels like a bargain to me xD. $60 Digital titles over in the US are 60 here in the UK >.<.

Last edited by Ku'ja; 07-08-2014 at 04:03 PM..
Old 07-08-2014, 05:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
I am used to it unfortunately the only good thing about the UK price tags is that when i get a game for my Sony consoles (i get them using my US account) it feels like a bargain to me xD. $60 Digital titles over in the US are 60 here in the UK >.<.
Yeah that blows so much, I have no idea what's up with that. It just seems flat out... unfair... for no reason : /
Old 07-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah that blows so much, I have no idea what's up with that. It just seems flat out... unfair... for no reason : /
Yeah it is probably why when people got upset about WoD's new price it never phased me. I am used to hefty prices .
Old 07-08-2014, 08:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zato View Post
What's your avatar from buddy boy
Old 07-08-2014, 09:14 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
What's your avatar from buddy boy
Offtopic. I'm like it.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:17 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zato View Post
Offtopic. I'm like it.
Btw Zato, given that all of the art we've seen has been more or less recycled from WoW TCG, what other adventures and expansions can we expect? Based on the art?
Old 07-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Btw Zato, given that all of the art we've seen has been more or less recycled from WoW TCG, what other adventures and expansions can we expect? Based on the art?
Dragon Soul: Another Hearthstone adventure

Trial of the Crusader: Even more Hearthstone adventures
Old 07-08-2014, 09:39 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Black Temple, Icecrown Citadel, Caverns of Time (Cata), Karazhan. Less possibly for Deadmines, Scarlet Monastery, Shadowfang Keep (few art, not raid), Onyxia's Lair, Molten Core, Magtheridon's Lair (monotonous stylistics). Uldum - there only 4 image with boss and several tol'virs. I see few new illustrations for Naxxramas HS, but it seems all artist from Blizzard
Samwise (2010 in sign, when Nax TCG release - 22 dec 2009)

Luke Mancini

Mike Nicholson (?)

I don't think that other raid, monk class or MoP-WoD theme set possible without artists beyond Blizzard. Company too busy and can create only dozen new illustrations for one update in time.

Last edited by Zato; 07-08-2014 at 09:44 PM..
Old 07-08-2014, 10:01 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Throne of the Tides too possible. But again it's instance
Old 07-09-2014, 03:30 AM

Elune

Thanks man, holding out for Karazhan then.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:23 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
I could have sworn I've read something similar (must have been here )

Anyway crossed the 2800 gold mark on the day of the announcement, I've been saving gold for over a month (just doing the daily quest, nothing more) so I'm ready to go.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostshock! View Post
I could have sworn I've read something similar (must have been here )

Anyway crossed the 2800 gold mark on the day of the announcement, I've been saving gold for over a month (just doing the daily quest, nothing more) so I'm ready to go.
They artificially pumped the gold price for this expansion, it would be wiser (read: more efficient) to pay with cash for this and burn gold on packs, unless you have all the cards or no cash that is
Old 07-09-2014, 07:36 PM

Eternal

This makes me realize that doter has a better pay model than Hearthstone: Heroes of having no cards to work with in a world where everyone has more ammo and options than you.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:25 PM

The sneaky Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
This makes me realize that doter has a better pay model than Hearthstone: Heroes of having no cards to work with in a world where everyone has more ammo and options than you.
I've brought this up a number of times now in this thread but it's worth remembering that difference between Hearthstone and almost any other major ftp title out there is that Hearthstone is a CCG as well as being a digital free to play title.

Of course that means like in any other CCG your deck building options are limited by your collection, which you must normally pay money to grow. Thankfully Hearthstone actually rewards players with the means to grow their collection or play with the full collection (arena) without paying a thing. DoTA's business model is all about vanity, people will spend hours upon hours with their favourite hero and may eventually want to make them look unique through some of the paid for options. In Hearthstone there's no pretensions that your cards are anything other than cards and the only vanity option available in Golden cards cannot be directly paid for.

Hearthstone is a collectable card game and needs to be compared to others of it's ilk, not other free to play games.

On the Naxx pricing, I'm really happy with it because I expected it to be so much worse. I like Blizzard but they have this bad habit of overvaluing the hell out of additional purchases to their games, case in point are the pets and mounts in the WoW store. Some of which cost more than a full month of game time. A more recent example is the level 90 boost which we were all fairly pricing at about $20-$30 and then it came out as double that.

The gold price is reasonable for anyone currently playing because even if you start saving now because you should have the cost of one, maybe two wings saved up before this thing drops. It may be a bit steep for new players but then there's always the quite decently priced paid for option if they are desperate to get their hands on Naxx. I can't speak for the fairness of the EU prices but atleast as an Aussie we haven't been screwed over as horribly as is possible with some other games and companies. The four-wing pack costs $20 USD and $25 AUD which is about right.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:28 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Awww yiss, golden Alexstrasza. Was gunna craft her next too. About time I got lucky with a pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.

Tags
black knight best knight, blizz plays pot of greed, brawl is best ever, children's card games, digimon, exodia, eye of kilrog, new magma rager, pokemon, tcg