Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 05-27-2011, 09:38 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orifiel Whitedeer View Post
Well she has a tad bit of the "Holy shit that is a rather large shadow my parents are casting that I oh so happen to be standing in" syndrome. You know how it can go "Oh me and you mom were good friends back in the day and I'm going to go on and on about how epic she is and how epic your daddy is and you MIGHT be as good some day."

And you know how teens can be about wanting to establish their own self as a unique entity. But in this case she doesn't have the attitude of the mage and those mages who WOULD teach her see she's going into it for the wrong reasons so they suggest she seek out a calling that's more suited to her.

And I really haven't decided yet if she'll take on a class or be a tag along to those who are heroes. I'm just trying not to make her another annoying whiny angsty teen which may take me the rest of SDS to figure out. But at least I have time and you can use her in this story if needed
The fact that she exists is really all I needed. Like I said, it gives Hollus a point of sympathy.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:46 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
The fact that she exists is really all I needed. Like I said, it gives Hollus a point of sympathy.
Sweet, and also she looks like this with elfy ears:

despite lack of self-confidence...she has gentleman callers, can't imagine why xD

My fanfiction: Straydog Saga / Coldnose: COTFT / Imajin That! / Mortally Wounded
Old 05-27-2011, 09:50 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Oh gawd.

Now I'm more inclined to let her die.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:01 AM

Warden

Quote:
Oh gawd.

Now I'm more inclined to let her die.
Nope, not allowed to kill of characters of mine, just as I'm not going to be killing any of yours xP

Just because she looks like a stuck up hollywood @#$#@$ doesn't mean she is one xD.

My fanfiction: Straydog Saga / Coldnose: COTFT / Imajin That! / Mortally Wounded
Old 05-27-2011, 10:02 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Nope, not allowed to kill of characters of mine, just as I'm not going to be killing any of yours xP

Just because she looks like a stuck up hollywood @#$#@$ doesn't mean she is one xD.
I didn't say I'd leave her dead permanently.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:03 AM

Warden

Quote:
I didn't say I'd leave her dead permanently.
No undead zombie elves! Well except for Koltira Deathweaver...he can stay...mmmmm....

Old 05-27-2011, 10:22 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
No undead zombie elves! Well except for Koltira Deathweaver...he can stay...mmmmm....
You know he's probably gay, right?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 AM

Warden

Quote:
You know he's probably gay, right?
Thassaurian + Ori + Koltira = tasty tasty sammich XD

Old 05-27-2011, 10:45 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Thassaurian + Ori + Koltira = tasty tasty sammich XD
Eww.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:48 AM

Warden

Quote:
Eww.
You're not allowed to have any >:/

Old 05-27-2011, 10:48 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Do Not Want
Old 05-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Warden

Quote:
Do Not Want
Lies. You want. You just want in the deepest peach-pit of your soul xD

Old 12-06-2011, 09:35 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Lies. You want. You just want in the deepest peach-pit of your soul xD
Oh. So THIS is why I stopped updating this story...
Old 12-06-2011, 10:41 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Good lord.

I just copied and pasted just the story updates from this thread into a word document.

It's 51,207 words. 124 pages in normal formatting.

I've written a novel.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:50 AM

Warden

Quote:
Good lord.

I just copied and pasted just the story updates from this thread into a word document.

It's 51,207 words. 124 pages in normal formatting.

I've written a novel.
Mozzletof! /pops champagne cork. You and be in my clubhouse now

Old 12-06-2011, 10:55 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Mozzletof! /pops champagne cork. You and be in my clubhouse now
Seriously, I cannot tell you how much this blows my mind.

Yes, it's three years in the making. Yes, I wrote it in chunks, and in a disjointed, un-cohesive, serial format...

But it accidentally became my first novel-length work, and I hadn't even realized it until I decided to compile it and review it before I work on my next update.

And that is a HUGE milestone for me.

I've always wanted to be a novelist (no, this does not make me a novelist...) but I've never had the commitment to churn out a book. The magnitude of it always seemed too overwhelming.

And then I write what could be a (crappy) novel entirely by accident...

This changes things for me...
Old 12-06-2011, 11:00 AM

Warden

Good now write more, word monkey!!

Seriously though, congrats and I look forward to more of this and future projects. Will there be original works from you in my future?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:06 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Good now write more, word monkey!!

Seriously though, congrats and I look forward to more of this and future projects. Will there be original works from you in my future?
I have been mulling an original novel for the better part of a decade. I've hardly written a lick of it. Again, this is mostly because I've been intimidated by the scope of the project.

Now I'm thinking I should just throw it up in serial format (I've got a blank domain and website with wordpress all ready to go) and see if I can get it done.

I also need to see if I can shrink the font and duplex print this monster... no way I wanna burn 124 pages of ink...
Old 06-01-2012, 09:59 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

For those of you that want to get caught up, there is a .pdf file containing the entire story to date over at the forums at noblefiction.com

Please let me know if you register an account over there - if I don't recognize the user name, I don't always respond to the activation e-mail - we get a LOT of bots.

I am working on the next chapter today. It'll be posted over there first, and then I'll cross-post it over here.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:12 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Old 06-04-2012, 12:37 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Conscript

My father left me to watch over the shop while he and my mother went to speak to Lord Barov. They were determined to find out the truth behind Winterstorm's story.

I spent the afternoon cleaning fish and taking care of the regular customers that came in looking for something fresh to take home for dinner. It wasn't a very lucrative business, but it was apparently enough to keep a modest roof over our heads. Dad was obviously a much better fisherman that I would ever be, as his catch this morning was three times what I'd brought in. It was just as well; we'd sold all but enough for our own dinner.

My parents returned after about four hours. Mom had been crying, and said nothing when she walked in; she just headed straight back towards the house. Dad looked grim, and walked over to grab his fishing gear. "Come fish the north shore with me. We need to talk."

I grabbed a pole and a basket and followed him out of the store. We walked side by side in silence through the village until we reached the rocky shore. We baited our lines and put them in the water, and I waited for him to speak.

"Thoradin is a warmongering fool." He began. "It wasn't enough for him to conquer all the tribes of men, now he's set his sights on the Trolls."

"Why?" It was a good question, whether I was 15 or 50.

"Greed. It's always greed with men like that. Greedy for wealth. Greedy for power. Greedy for glory. He's built an empire the likes that man has never seen, and he wants more. And these damned Elves are giving him the means to do it."

"What are they giving him?"

"Magic, I suppose. Men don't know magic like they do. Sure, there's a few like that Winterstorm who know a few tricks, but they say it's nothing like what those Elves can manage."

"So what he said was true. They're going to teach men?"

"It's true. King Thoradin sent an entire company of men with Winterstorm. He's here to take conscripts to Strom. He's building an army."

"What does that mean?"

"It means nearly every able-bodied young man in Caer Darrow is marching out of here tomorrow morning. They'll be given three gold pieces for their trouble, which might be just enough to get their families through the first winter, and then they'll eventually march off to fight Trolls. Hell, half of 'em won't ever come back." He spat in disgust.

Even though I was just a shade in my younger self's subconscious, I could feel the fear welling up inside. I was a kid. I was about to be taken from my family and sent off to war. "So that means I'm leaving tomorrow?" My voice quavered a bit.

"That's what it means. Every family sends one able-bodied man. I told them I'd go, but that fool Winterstorm won't have it. Says you're more valuable in Quel'thalas learning from the Elves. I damn near punched him again over it."

"OK," was all I could say.

He reeled in a catfish and tossed it in the basket, but before he cast his line out again, he turned and looked me in the eye. "Son, there's nothing we can do. The king is going to take the men he wants for his army one way or another. Barov tells me all the Lords are sending their sons with Winterstorm because they'll have a chance to see and learn things no man has ever seen, but more importantly, they'll be away from the front lines of this war. Your mother and I don't want you to leave, but this is the safest option."

"How long am I going to be gone for?"

He shrugged. "There's no telling. I asked them the same question. The Elves say it could take years to train you. But the good news is, you'd probably end up right back here when you're done. Caer Darrow is too close to Troll country to leave unguarded. They're going to build a garrison here in the next several weeks and have it manned by a company of soldiers. They'll eventually want to have a mage here as well, and that would probably be your assignment."

"Probably?"

"It's war, son. I don't think there's any way to be sure about anything. We can just hope for the best. The good news is, you can stay away from most of the bloodshed. If you do well with the Elves, you'll be worth your weight in gold to the king."

"I suppose." I could feel the shock and denial. I wasn't ready for any of this.

Dad tried to cheer me up. "Look, you like to read, right? Those Elves have more books than we have rocks."

I smiled a bit. My parents only owned one book, an almanac that my mother had taught me to read from. "Yeah... I guess."

He nodded. "Then all you need to do is study."
Old 06-04-2012, 12:37 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

**Author's Note**

Got a lot more I'm working on here. Since there's hardly any lore on the Troll Wars, I've decided our hero is going to spend a lot of time in this era.

I've also decided to start titling each chapter. Just because it makes it a little easier for me to keep organized.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:57 PM

Elune

I don't think that Caer Darrow was human-territory just before the Troll-wars and the Humans hated the Trolls already, their tribes were constantly fighting before the unification. The areas around Stromgarde (Arathi) were the place were humanity started to flourish.

But I think it's going to be a very interesting story!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:14 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
I don't think that Caer Darrow was human-territory just before the Troll-wars and the Humans hated the Trolls already, their tribes were constantly fighting before the unification. The areas around Stromgarde (Arathi) were the place were humanity started to flourish.

But I think it's going to be a very interesting story!
You might wanna get caught up on the rest of it. I've got a .pdf file of the entire story to date. It's the size of a small novel.

And I did my research. There were humans on Caer Darrow around the time of the Arathi Empire and the age of King Thoradin. There's not a lot written on the subject - which is why my perspective on the troll wars will be potentially incorrect (there are, simply put, few facts for me to check), but I intend to do the best with what's available.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
You might wanna get caught up on the rest of it. I've got a .pdf file of the entire story to date. It's the size of a small novel.

And I did my research. There were humans on Caer Darrow around the time of the Arathi Empire and the age of King Thoradin. There's not a lot written on the subject - which is why my perspective on the troll wars will be potentially incorrect (there are, simply put, few facts for me to check), but I intend to do the best with what's available.
Oh, sorry man Never noticed that small detail.

Tags
bolvar, creative