Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > StarCraft Discussion

Old 11-09-2015, 08:22 PM

Banished

She was even looking on fire like a phoenix, so yeah.

And regarding Grandmacrom post, are we sure Jimmyboy didnt die in the blast and is watching the news in heaven's waiting room or something like that? Because that ending looked very "I'm in heaven" specially with K dressed in full ghost regalia without apparent reason.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:15 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
She was even looking on fire like a phoenix, so yeah.

And regarding Grandmacrom post, are we sure Jimmyboy didnt die in the blast and is watching the news in heaven's waiting room or something like that? Because that ending looked very "I'm in heaven" specially with K dressed in full ghost regalia without apparent reason.
That crossed my mind, but it doesn't quite fit. My Korean is rusty as a phyrexian grave yard, but "2년 뒤" translates to 2 years after. Yeah, you could say that time doesn't matter where he was so it could have happened 2 years later in heaven, but I don't see why the writers would do that.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:36 PM

Banished

I already fond english version and that is accurate. Since it was a cinematics only video im not getting shit of what happened tho.

Aiur mission flops and the Khala gets corrupted as we knew but no clue how. Zera dies
Then we are in some terran world where a shitton of people died and no clue why
Then Artanis blows up some world. Shakuras?
Then he meets with Kerrigan god knows where and they find a shitton of dead Xelnaga and go to face Amon hybrid vessel
Then Artanis uses the artifact to clean the protoss long enough to have them cut theur nerve cords and a giant black hole appears
Then the last xelnaga gives K his essence or something and we get Phoeni...i mean ascended K.

i cant wait for an actual recap like wtf Selendis is the only other one from the revealed supporting PROTOSS cast who appears in cutscenes
Old 11-09-2015, 10:41 PM

...Wouldn't it make more sense for a big nasty void entity to control people...through the void? The same void the Zerg hivemind uses? The same void that the Dark Templar draw on?

I hate Blizzard's stories. Cool and edgy assholes always prevail. Good riddance to that shitty prophet at least.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:58 PM

Banished

It would be less effective, corrupting the Khala got Amon all the protoss who didnt have their cords cut who are the ones with access to more stuff. And to be fair the Xel'Naga made both the zerg and the protoss so it makes sense that he could be able to find a wat to corrupt the psych link.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:22 PM

Glaive Thrower

Red face

Just watched all of the cinematics, fuck, it's crap like this that makes me pretty indifferent to things like Nazis & ISIS; so what if they're some of the worst things to come out of humanity, this benign game is so shit I don't even care.

Were's the Joker, I need me some more angst. Glory to Amon!

In all seriousness though, it's about as bad as I expected *shrugs*

It'll be fun seeing people defend le full godmode sue.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:54 PM

Banished

Ok lemme start.

I can understand Artanis being relatively willing to work with her, considering the very fucking specific mural prophecy. While the approach was heavy handed as hell, for better (or more likely worse) it makes (what i have seen of) his behavior regarding her understandable.

Is Ascensed K an unit? Does anyone have a page with all the spoilers? I need to feed my pop heart, gimme more.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:01 AM

Glaive Thrower

Smile

Quote:
Does anyone have a page with all the spoilers?
No but I have this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...NYOxJjFEnR5LoS
Old 11-10-2015, 12:05 AM

Banished

Thank you. I'll give it some glimpses later.

Edit: oh shit i just realized that if the zerg didnt go extinct, Zagara is queen now

Last edited by GenyaArikado; 11-10-2015 at 12:18 AM..
Old 11-10-2015, 01:17 AM

Elune

oh my god i just saw it. this is just...wat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:51 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Quote:
Ok lemme start.

I can understand Artanis being relatively willing to work with her, considering the very fucking specific mural prophecy. While the approach was heavy handed as hell, for better (or more likely worse) it makes (what i have seen of) his behavior regarding her understandable.

Is Ascensed K an unit? Does anyone have a page with all the spoilers? I need to feed my pop heart, gimme more.
I've opened the Galaxy Editor for some sneaky spoiler glancing. Yep, she's a unit. 2 of them, actually.

Figures. I should have known the fucking Queen of Blades would find a way to hijack the protoss expansion and make it about her. She did the same with Brood War, Wings of Liberty and Heart of the goddamn Swarm, after all.

Honestly, storyline-wise it's like Blizzard have some kind of curse on them that works in reverse of Midas' everything-he-touches-turns-to-gold shtick. You know, everything they touch becomes terrible. I think Heroes of the Storm is the only exception - and then only because there's no story to mess up, so it's safe.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:58 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
I've opened the Galaxy Editor for some sneaky spoiler glancing. Yep, she's a unit. 2 of them, actually.

Figures. I should have known the fucking Queen of Blades would find a way to hijack the protoss expansion and make it about her. She did the same with Brood War, Wings of Liberty and Heart of the goddamn Swarm, after all.

Honestly, storyline-wise it's like Blizzard have some kind of curse on them that works in reverse of Midas' everything-he-touches-turns-to-gold shtick. You know, everything they touch becomes terrible. I think Heroes of the Storm is the only exception - and then only because there's no story to mess up, so it's safe.
You do know all the ascended Kerrigan stuff is in the epilogue campaign, right? The main Toss campaign ends at Aiur.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:14 AM

Eternal

Quote:

Aiur mission flops and the Khala gets corrupted as we knew but no clue how. Zera dies
Really? Welp. Guess it's not a Starcraft game unless some important Protoss dies.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Invisibility

Considering Nova will get content after this, I should have known she would infiltrate her way into LotV just like she did to HotS, HotS and WoL. Now who's a ghost?
Old 11-10-2015, 05:17 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post

does Zagara appear and/or become queen and if she does (and does change) and you take a pic please? :3

edit: nvm that

So duran is a Xel'naga too. And i cant at Tassadar being "Duran" for the good Xel'naga

Last edited by GenyaArikado; 11-10-2015 at 05:49 AM..
Old 11-10-2015, 07:35 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
You do know all the ascended Kerrigan stuff is in the epilogue campaign, right? The main Toss campaign ends at Aiur.
A full four missions shorter than the Terran campaign and sevven missions shorter than the Zerg one. Do the devs at Blizzard hate the Protoss with a burning passion or something?

But like that matters. My gripe is, they still just had to go and make Kerrigan the saviour of the universe. Because apparently someone at that wretched games developer has such a thing for sexy villainesses that they'll let them continue to act like/pretend to be heroes no matter how bad they get - Warcraft, after all, has let Sylvanas right off the hook.

Quote:
does Zagara appear and/or become queen and if she does (and does change) and you take a pic please? :3

edit: nvm that

So duran is a Xel'naga too. And i cant at Tassadar being "Duran" for the good Xel'naga
Why don't Blizzard be honest with themselves and us and label themselves "The Company that has Run Out of Good Ideas"?
Old 11-10-2015, 08:08 AM

Banished

Frankly i dont give a shit about Kerrigan being reedemed. It was obvious since BW that they were setting up for someone bigger and worse than her and she the whole point of BW campaign was that Kerrigan was smart enough to see the bigger picture and get help when she needed it (and then send said help to eat shit but w.e.). The way that they choose it (and the overall story tone) was cheesy as fuck though, i dont have any problem with it but i can absolutely understand why many of you dislike it since they basically made SC a fantasy game in sci-fi setting.

I'd absolutely love to read the very first SC sequel story ideas, to know how they would have handled it.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:50 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

currently at the movable platforms thing. (only one i had left) so done all of the others) am i close to the end?
Old 11-10-2015, 10:28 AM

World Builder

Campaign mode gameplay is decent, story is mediocre-to-crap in range, but the Co-Op mode seems like it's gonna be a lot of fun it's too bad I -suck- but so long as I stay in normal mode it should be fine haha.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-10-2015, 12:54 PM

Drunk Assassin

I really liked the story, personally.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:26 PM

Eternal

Everyone is a xelnaga
Old 11-10-2015, 01:31 PM

Banished

that leaked ending is the ending to the epilogue. the campaign event is another

I like the gameplay. and plot the purifiers are awesome.

Last edited by Gurzog; 11-10-2015 at 01:45 PM..
Old 11-10-2015, 02:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Panda

Sgt Hammer's fortress appears in a co-op mission.

Hi all! We wanted to clarify Co-op missions a bit, as there is some confusion.
The Co-op Missions feature is available for everyone, regardless of which version of StarCraft II you're playing. This also includes Starter Edition players.
You gain access to Swann, Vorazun and Zagara as additional Commanders if you purchase Legacy of the Void.
Spawning is not required
Hope this helps clear things up, and we look forward to seeing you in the Void!
Old 11-10-2015, 03:08 PM

Banished

the taldarim guy reminds me of darth malgus based on his look.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:17 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

So for the record, are these trolling spoilers, or actual ones? WoW forums already spoiled part of the story for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Tags
heresy, starcraft