Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 03-06-2014, 04:48 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
http://scgnews.com/breaking-leaked-p...ngs-in-ukraine

Was give this so i thought i would see what everyone thinks of it.. Not sure if it should be given any merit.
That's been all over the net the whole day and more. The Estonians confirms the validity of it.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:30 PM

Elune

Old 03-06-2014, 06:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
I'll just quote this from RT's response.

Indeed, she's just an attention whore.
When that first reporter spoke out against the Crimean intervention, the one that inspired this one to do this, she was not sacked and RT's response was that their reporters have a right to an opinion and offered to send that reporter to Crimea to see first hand what's going on (though this did not end up happening).

So yeah, I think RT is a bit dodgy given their reporting on these events (as counterpointed by Kir) but they are not as bad as people make them out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
That's been all over the net the whole day and more. The Estonians confirms the validity of it.
Yeah, it was a leaked conversation between Catherine Ashton the Estonian PM IIRC (it was in today's papers), but you can trust in Fojar to be the defender of pro-west things no matter how illogical. After all he defends colonialism and imperialism.

Last edited by C9H20; 03-06-2014 at 06:46 PM..
Old 03-06-2014, 08:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Yeah, it was a leaked conversation between Catherine Ashton the Estonian PM IIRC (it was in today's papers), but you can trust in Fojar to be the defender of pro-west things no matter how illogical. After all he defends colonialism and imperialism.
So have you actually looked at the evidence being provided for the accusations?

An Estonian Foreign Affairs official says in a phone call that some doctor who has only been identified as "Olga" claims based on non-specific evidence that opposition leaders hired the snipers. The Estonians have repeatedly denied that they are claiming that opposition leaders hired the snipers or even that there's any evidence of it, just that one of their officials was told by some doctor that they were.

Ignoring for a moment that we know for a fact that Yanukovych wanted to call in the army and that we know for a fact that the police were using violent force against protesters, there is literally no evidence for the accusations that somehow the the police snipers were hired by the opposition aside from the claims of one doctor based on no given evidence. How would a doctor even somehow be privy to this information? Furthermore, if the government didn't order the sniper attacks why have they not brought this up until now?

This is why you shouldn't get all your information from conspiracy websites, pro-Russian media outlets, and the mouthpiece of the Kremlin. You're being played for a sap by an authoritarian regime made up of oligarchs you fool.

Edit: Oh, and by the way you realize that these calls are being leaked by Government phone taps, right? And that this was literally the strongest indictment of the protestors that they could apparently find?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Last edited by Fojar; 03-06-2014 at 08:32 PM..
Old 03-07-2014, 06:07 AM

Elune

Japan has now declared that bitcoin is not a currency ,instead being a commodity, wich can be taxed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:20 AM

Elune

/shrug

The newspapers I read are trustworthy enough that I will trust them until major contradicting proof comes my way, they are not ones to spew baseless accusations.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:30 AM

Eternal

Not sure if new news but....

Crimea wants to be one with mother Russia
Old 03-07-2014, 08:53 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
Not sure if new news but....

Crimea wants to be one with mother Russia
I would not say that "Crimea" wants to be annexed, so much as a certain segment of the population does. If the referendum is held without box-stuffing, I think it will be very close.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:59 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

What's the options? Only chosing between Ukraine and Russia or is there a third option for increades autonomy? My bet is on increased autonomy if that option is available.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 03-07-2014, 09:01 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Isn't it a forgone conclusion?
Old 03-07-2014, 09:20 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
What's the options? Only chosing between Ukraine and Russia or is there a third option for increades autonomy? My bet is on increased autonomy if that option is available.
The options are as follow:

Option 1: Are you favour reuniting Crimea with Russia as a federal subject of the Russian Federation?

Option 2: Are you favour restoring legal force of the 1992 Constitution of the Republic of Crimea while maintaining status of Crimea as a part of the Ukraine?

The restoration of the 1992 constitution means "more autonomy within Ukraine".
Old 03-07-2014, 09:27 AM

Elune

It's going to be option one.

It's just a repeat of the Saarland vote. The people, and the local gov't want to go back to Russia, and that much has been made incredibly clear, and with all of the Russian influence...

Although President Obama said it's against international law since the Ukrainian gov't doesn't have a say... for whatever that's worth...
Old 03-07-2014, 09:42 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
It's going to be option one.

It's just a repeat of the Saarland vote. The people, and the local gov't want to go back to Russia, and that much has been made incredibly clear, and with all of the Russian influence...

Although President Obama said it's against international law since the Ukrainian gov't doesn't have a say... for whatever that's worth...
I'm not so sure. It depends on turnout, and whom is allowed to vote. There are many variables. We'll see, soon enough.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:10 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagan View Post
I'm not so sure. It depends on turnout, and whom is allowed to vote. There are many variables. We'll see, soon enough.
The person who votes decides nothing, the person counting the votes decides everything.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
The person who votes decides nothing, the person counting the votes decides everything.
Or neither because the decision has already been made.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:24 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Or neither because the decision has already been made.
Which is why the people voting decide nothing, the decision has already been made and it's up to the people who are counting the votes to ensure that the votes line up with what has been decided.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:25 AM

Banished

Unless the West WANT to be hypocritical cunts (although why change the habit of a lifetime?) they need to respect the will of the people of Crimea. If that means they become part of Russia? Fucking deal with it.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Which is why the people voting decide nothing, the decision has already been made and it's up to the people who are counting the votes to ensure that the votes line up with what has been decided.
Yeah, but they don't do any more deciding than the voters whose votes they "count".

(Just being pedantic. )
Old 03-07-2014, 10:39 AM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah, but they don't do any more deciding than the voters whose votes they "count".

(Just being pedantic. )
I see that lol

But guess who is counting the votes?

The people who already decided.

Quote:
Unless the West WANT to be hypocritical cunts (although why change the habit of a lifetime?) they need to respect the will of the people of Crimea. If that means they become part of Russia? Fucking deal with it.
The question is, is this the will of the people or the will of the Russian/Crimean gov't?

And this vote is just a screen to drape it in the coat of legitimacy?
Old 03-07-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I see that lol

But guess who is counting the votes?

The people who already decided.
Not their henchmen?

I'm bored.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:01 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
They can't separate like that. There's a lot of shared things, like state debt and whatever. In separation cases the entire state should decide, territorial sovereign should belong to the entire nation. Or else every neighborhood would be its own state.

Another option is plebiscite elections with the parliament deciding to approve it or not.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 03-07-2014 at 11:04 AM..
Old 03-07-2014, 11:04 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Then the splitting process should involve figuring out what portion of the depth is Crimea's.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:08 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Then the splitting process should involve figuring out what portion of the depth is Crimea's.
What so the Russians can only keep submarines at their naval base but the Ukrainians can float boats there?
Old 03-07-2014, 11:16 AM

Elune

Quote:
Not their henchmen?

I'm bored.
Pssh, I'll make it easy....

The State! or the Party! depending on the political system to which you belong.

But it is only henchmen when they are wearing their henchmen approved uniforms that clearly mark across their fronts as "henchmen".

It's in the Henchman Code of Conduct.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:02 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
The question is, is this the will of the people or the will of the Russian/Crimean gov't?

And this vote is just a screen to drape it in the coat of legitimacy?
Well we do know a lot of the people in Crimean have even thought of themselves as Russian although i have no idea if that is a majority or a minority but that is still the case.

I can see this just breaking out into a crazy war due to the bad blood that Russia and the US have... With the threats being thrown out by each of them and unfortunately Britain instead of trying to be democratic about the entire thing. This just gives me a bad head honestly and it is upsetting that people will suffer because of some moronic leaders,

I find it almost impossible to form a opinion right now because i have no idea who is telling the truth >.<.

Interesting view on what is going on right here although as i said prior i have no idea if it has any merit.

Run

Tags
for the many not the few, politics, red and black