Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-10-2010, 01:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Some stuff from the deadmines:

DEADMINES STUFF
Awesome info, thanks for posting .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
So, interesting thing I just discovered while questing in Thousand Needles: silithid can apparently breathe underwater. The exact same ones that are currently there in the southwest salt flats on live are still hanging around the same location when it's under a hundred feet of water. And it's not just left over mobs, there's a quest to go down there and straighten them out. So yeah, silithids can breathe water.

We are so boned.
Holy shit.

HOLY SHIT.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-10-2010, 02:08 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post

Holy shit.

HOLY SHIT.

Nuke the site from orbit.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:24 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
WoW needs more Ripley.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

You can now make worgen death knights. For some reason though, runeforging is bugged and I can't get past the second quest, so I can't report on what their "Special Surprise" quest says about their background. Hopefully will be fixed soon.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:10 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
... How can the mindless ones hate? o.O
They're semi-mindless... or something. It wasn't super-clear.

Quote:
Also, has anyone checked to see if Dustwallow is still unchanged from the last few builds? Seems like a huge waste of quest potential if it's still the typical stuff left over from the original revamp considering that stuff no longer makes any sense with the new Black Flight lore.
It's probably like Deathknell. Completed from an XP/Geography stand-point, but awaiting new questing content.

If they have time to implement it.

Oh, and they fixed the Undercity map. FINALLY they've replaced the Scourge logo with a Forsaken one. Not sure when they did that.

Needs a brand new map, though. Really... like Org/Darn/Stormwind have.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:12 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
By the power of the Holy Orders of the Emperor's Inquisition, I hereby pronounce the Xenos threat on Azeroth malignant, and therefore prescribe the order, Exterminatus.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:13 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
They're semi-mindless... or something. It wasn't super-clear.

It's probably like Deathknell. Completed from an XP/Geography stand-point, but awaiting new questing content.

If they have time to implement it.

Oh, and they fixed the Undercity map. FINALLY they've replaced the Scourge logo with a Forsaken one. Not sure when they did that.

Needs a brand new map, though. Really... like Org/Darn/Stormwind have.
1. Ah

2. How's arathi Highlands doing? as far as I understand the quests are mostly the same... in Cata won't that be... really awful?

3. FINALLY

4. It hasn't changed structurally though so why?
Old 09-10-2010, 03:15 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
2. How's arathi Highlands doing? as far as I understand the quests are mostly the same... in Cata won't that be... really awful?
Haven't done it yet. I think a lot of zones are like Deathkneel. Full of temp stuff to make it playable, but not finished quest-wise.

Quote:
4. It hasn't changed structurally though so why?
Because it looks ugly, and isn't as detailed as the other city maps. And it HAS changed, Lordaeron City's gonna be opened up. They're gonna use that space for something.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:55 PM

Critter

Here's a MacGruber reference if anyone has seen the film: http://i54.tinypic.com/s4s953.jpg

Seeing as they implemented the new quests for Eastpoint Tower and Tarren Mill in the latest build I would probably say this is the most enjoyable zone so far. It has a little bit of everything although Blizzard heavily used the cinematic feature a lot in this zone.

Got a few breadcrumbs in Blackrock Mountain and one sent me to BRS and it looks like Vaelastrasz is the quest giver in their which I think is fitting because as we all know he's captured by Nefarian in the raid dungeon.

http://i56.tinypic.com/bec0ax.jpg

He also is residing in Burning Steppes although from the quote in the below screenshot I thought he was going to play a major role in the final zone quest. I personally never saw any sign of Vael while doing the quest Assault on Dreadmaul Rock.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2hsb6ew.jpg
Old 09-10-2010, 06:02 PM

Arch-Druid

http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Breaking_Waves_of_Change

So Genn indeed travels to Stormwind. Pity.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:27 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Well, some of you might enjoy this. In Silverpine, one of Agatha's incidental quotes is "Different master, same insatiable lust for power."

...they're really hammering this in... =|

Of course that quest is also bugged, so my Forsaken leveling experience is now halted.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:23 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Here is something I put together to compare the old and new textures for the male and female worgen for a topic in the worgen beta forum.

Last edited by Leviathon; 09-11-2010 at 12:37 AM..
Old 09-11-2010, 02:28 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Well, some of you might enjoy this. In Silverpine, one of Agatha's incidental quotes is "Different master, same insatiable lust for power."

...they're really hammering this in... =|

Of course that quest is also bugged, so my Forsaken leveling experience is now halted.
On a semi-related note, in one of the quests Sylvanas states that she can see, hear and speak psychically through the Val'kyr (which is the in-story mechanism by which the player continues that particular quest chain in the field without heading back to camp for the midway turn-in to Sylvanas.) At one point she even says "I see everything, <name>. Through Agatha all is known to me."

Reanimating new undead against the will of those fallen, check. Forcing compliance through mental domination when those risen aren't willing to serve, check. Unleashing plagues upon her enemies that end up contaminating the land, check. Observing and controlling her minions from afar by speaking into their thoughts, also check.

And to top it off engaging in the classically hypocritical, Scourge-style ploy of acting like undeath is somehow a gift rather than a curse, then turning around and threatening people with it.

Yeah, getting some pretty heavy Lich King-type vibes from the situation.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:07 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Here is something I put together to compare the old and new textures for the male and female worgen for a topic in the worgen beta forum.
I'd have to see the final model of the female to form a proper opinion, but I do like the new textures more than the old ones.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:56 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
snip
I really don't like the way Blizzard has done this. I mean, I really hoped after the Battle of Undercity that the Forsaken were actually gonna become loyal to the Horde, and that Sylvanas would actually respect the other Horde leaders. The fact that so many Forsaken went to Orgrimmar rather than join the Legion seemed to me to prove that they genuinely felt loyalty to the Horde, and that the majority aren't omnicidal maniacs.

At least we do see some instances of dissent, like the Argent Apothecary guy.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:13 AM

Huntress

Old 09-11-2010, 05:57 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_Piggy View Post
I really don't like the way Blizzard has done this. I mean, I really hoped after the Battle of Undercity that the Forsaken were actually gonna become loyal to the Horde, and that Sylvanas would actually respect the other Horde leaders. The fact that so many Forsaken went to Orgrimmar rather than join the Legion seemed to me to prove that they genuinely felt loyalty to the Horde, and that the majority aren't omnicidal maniacs.

I think Forsaken who went to Orgrimmar for help did so not because they're good guys, but because they're not complete idiots and they knew that Putress' actions were doomed from the beginning. They just knew he will never have the numbers, so joined the winning side.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:52 AM

Dryad

Right, there is apparently a Horde quest chain in Desolace involving the player being blessed by Elune and then turning a magic infused object against the Alliance and razing Nijel's Point. Can someone confirm what the (if any) Alliance equivalent is in the area for me, please? Much appreciated!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:57 AM

Arch-Druid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYiTYdKaKFg

Jesse Cox has done the new Undead Starting Quests. Sound really fun.

Unfortunatly we kill Marshal Redpath right before hiting LV5.

Last edited by Vineyard; 09-11-2010 at 07:07 AM..
Old 09-11-2010, 07:03 AM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iltharius View Post
Right, there is apparently a Horde quest chain in Desolace involving the player being blessed by Elune and then turning a magic infused object against the Alliance and razing Nijel's Point. Can someone confirm what the (if any) Alliance equivalent is in the area for me, please? Much appreciated!
You're not so much blessed by elune, as channeling the souls of her priestesses that you killed into a gem to gain its power (The other way of gaining its power being through prayer to her, so I think the Alliance version has you use it that way, but i'm not sure).
Old 09-11-2010, 07:10 AM

Hippogryph Rider

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

A few questions about Winterspring.
Have Blizzard finished their changes in Winterspring or is it still unfinished?
Has Everlook been changed much? It seems that Starfall Village is still an Alliance base, have they added a Horde base also and is it a Reliquary base?
Are the Wintersaber Trainers still in the area and have the quests been changed so it takes less time getting the mount?
What are the altered beasts are they beasts driven insane by arcane magic or something else?
From the screenshot a few pages ago that the rabbits in the area are hostile now are we gonna be seeing something like this happening?

The net is vast and infinite
Old 09-11-2010, 10:03 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Yeah, getting some pretty heavy Lich King-type vibes from the situation.
Well yeah, it'd be pretty hard to miss that. It's so unsubtle when she first shows up in the story, that it's mentioned by another character. I'm actually finding it really haphazard and heavy-handed. And pretty annoying.

Quote:

They're unethical, ruthless and willing to do whatever it takes to win.

That doesn't mean they're not loyal to the Horde. They have no reason to betray them when they're a continent away and fighting on their side.

Like Krom'gar for example. A traitor? No. A ruthless bastard who slaughtered innocents in his WarChief's name? YES. But it doesn't make him any less loyal, just overzealous.

Granted... Sylvanas isn't as loyal as Krom'gar, and Garrosh can't just throw her off a mountain, but still.

Quote:
Have Blizzard finished their changes in Winterspring or is it still unfinished?
It's not ready for testing. But like Felwood and Hillsbrad last patch it might be semi-completed.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:27 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Granted... Sylvanas isn't as loyal as Krom'gar, and Garrosh can't just throw her off a mountain, but still.
What is interesting though, is while Sylvanas seems to have her own agendas, the Forsaken themselves do seem rather loyal to the Horde. I think the event with Garrosh calling Sylvanas a bitch is a rather good idea of how I see the Fosaken feeling.

Quote:
Well that was unexpected. I am not one to doubt our Warchief, but...

Nevermind! We have work to do. I'm sure the Dark Lady and the Warchief will get this all worked out.
He seems rather torn about the tensions between the leadership.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:19 PM

Here is the conversation with the prisoners for worgen and goblin deathknights, as taken from mmo-champions forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worgen Deathknight dialogue
Lord Harford: Come to finish the job, have you?
Lord Harford: You'll look me in the eyes when...
Lord Harford: <Name>?
Lord Harford: <Name>, I'd recognize that face anywhere... What... What have they done to you, <Name>?
Lord Harford: You don't remember me? We were both servants of Arugal back in Silverpine Forest. We put up with his merciless torture for ages. It was you who saved me on that fateful night when we escaped Shadowfang Keep. Without you I would have died. YOU! The most noble worgen i ever knew. What have they done to you, <Name>? How could this have happened?
Lord Harford: Remember the worgen you once were, brother/sister! You were our savior! Fight this!
Lord Harford: Listen to me <Name>. You must fight against the Lich King's control. He is a monster that wants to see this world - our world - in ruin.
Lord Harford: Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and you can be again. Fight, damm you! Fight his control!
Kinght Commander Plaguefist yells: What's going on in there? What's taking so long, <Name>?
Lord Harford: There... There's no more time for me. I'm done for. Finish me off, <Name>. Do it or they'll kill us both. <Name>... Remember Gilneas, our beloved home. This world is worth saving.
Lord Harford: Do it, <Name>! Put me out of my misery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Deathknight Dialogue
Gally Lumpstain: C... can't we work this out somehow?
Gally Lumpstain: Alright, j... just let me... let me st... stand up.
Gally Lumpstain: <name>?
Gally Lumpstain: <name>, I'd recognize that face anywhere... what... what have they done to you <name>?
Gally Lumpstain: You don't remember me <name>? I lost count of the number of jobs you and I ran back in the day on Kezan. Then I picked up a real bad Kaja'Cola habit and you saved me! It was you who took me to Kalimdor to join the Steamwheedle Cartel. You were the only good goblin I knew. That's how I ended up in the Argent Dawn, because I knew it's what you woulda done. How could this have happened to you?
Gally Lumpstain: Remember the Goblin you once were sister/brother! You were my best friend! Fight this!
Gally Lumpstain: Listen to me, <name>. You must fight against the Lich King's control. He is a monster who wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!
Knight Commander Plaguefist yells: What's going on in there? What's taking so long <name>?
Gally Lumpstain: There... There's no more time for me. I'm done for. Finish me off, <name>. Do it or they'll kill us both. <name>... Remember Kezan, our beloved home. This world is worth saving.
Gally Lumpstain: Do it, <name>! Put me out of my misery!

Last edited by handclaw; 09-11-2010 at 01:21 PM..
Old 09-11-2010, 01:23 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

So much for the whole Worgen DK's are from Northrend thing. :p