Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 06:39 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Made it through the ceremony, didn't make it through the dinner.

Now I'm just waiting to see what three times my regular does of citalopram does to me. Good thing I don't have any paracetamol, and only had two ibuprofens.

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 11-04-2017, 08:46 AM

Eternal

Two hours later, and nothing's changed.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:45 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

"We need to replace your router with a new one with better support", they said.

"The new one has greater functionality and should deal with the issues you've been reporting", they said.

"It definitely won't just shit itself and die within 24 hours, leaving you without a internet connection for more than 5 minutes at a time.", they said.

Alright, they might not have actually said that last one so much as I assumed it was implied. Hot dang if they didn't almost make me lapse in my policy never to get mad at customer support. Tested my patience with over a week of bullshit. Yes, I have tried turning it off and back on again.

Also, you hanging in there, Torch?
Old 11-04-2017, 02:23 PM

Eternal

I'm still here, yes. Chest does feel a little funny from time to time, but I'm like 99% sure I'm not going to die.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:16 PM

Elune

Shouldn't graduation be a joyful event? Shouldn't I be congratulating you? (This is me congratulating you.)

Old 11-04-2017, 06:55 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
I'm still here, yes. Chest does feel a little funny from time to time, but I'm like 99% sure I'm not going to die.
Aight, so long as you're not in any sort of major distress, yeah?

But I'm with Nonane, congratulations! I've got a ceremony coming up tomorrow, actually, so don't go freaking me out.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:11 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Hope you feel better soon

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-06-2017, 11:21 AM

Eternal

Graduation really wasn't something to celebrate for me. After the first few years of being on for a first, my absolutely horrific final year (where I quite genuinely wished I could have never existed on many, many occasions. It was a truly horrific year for me in pretty much every way possible) I dropped down to a 2:1. Less a celebration of my success, more a monument to my failure.

I've also unfollowed everything Blizzard related on social media. Just the thought of BfA is painful to me. Unless someone can message me with something to suggest it might be okay, or Blizzard completely changes their goals (unlikely now), then I think I'm going to be entirely done with all things Blizzard. After being with me nearly half my life, Blizzard just destroy the things I love, the things they gave me in my childhood, and carrying on will probably kill me. And going by this weekend, that may be literal.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

If your attachment to a fictional medium is so strong it can drive you to suicide, you should seek help. Seriously that is egregiously unhealthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:55 AM

Eternal

Me? Healthy? I haven't been mentally healthy in over a year, so having one of your primary sources of joy for over a decade be this awful when I'm already in a very low mental state already... It's not a good combination, especially when it's not the first time it's happened

Old 11-06-2017, 12:24 PM

Elune

Well, now seems like a good time to get some help then.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Graduation really wasn't something to celebrate for me. After the first few years of being on for a first, my absolutely horrific final year (where I quite genuinely wished I could have never existed on many, many occasions. It was a truly horrific year for me in pretty much every way possible) I dropped down to a 2:1. Less a celebration of my success, more a monument to my failure.

I've also unfollowed everything Blizzard related on social media. Just the thought of BfA is painful to me. Unless someone can message me with something to suggest it might be okay, or Blizzard completely changes their goals (unlikely now), then I think I'm going to be entirely done with all things Blizzard. After being with me nearly half my life, Blizzard just destroy the things I love, the things they gave me in my childhood, and carrying on will probably kill me. And going by this weekend, that may be literal.
Man fuck Blizzard. You are not stupid you can see they have been full of shit for at least a decade now. They and their crappy franchise are not worth your time. Go join a franchise that will actually treat you as an intelligent person worthy of respect.

Or better yet take a break from that and many IRL things too by the sound of it and just go do something that you like. Blow it all off for a while if they depress you so much it is making you hate living. Turn to friends and family, get yourself straight before you go on. I for one will always be around if you want to talk.

Take care, your friend

-C9
Old 11-06-2017, 01:20 PM

Elune

Torch, bro.

Breath man. Blizzards shitty. Life is shitty. Sorry youre having a rough time of it.

Bend life over and make it your bitch.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

You're not alone. I ended up dropping out of college due to anxiety and depression, and I'm still struggling with them. Unfollowing Blizzard seems like a good idea if it's causing this much grief (though they're bringing back a classic server). I personally need to do something other than stare at a baby all day, so I routinely attach myself to one franchise or another.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:03 PM

Ranger

Bored, tired, bored, bored, bored.

Depressed. Bored. Depressed . Stressed. Bored.

Crippling feeling of isolation and alienation.

And bored some more.

And here I was, thinking that having a job would help me at least bury depression under a pile of busyness and fatigue.

Boy, was I mistaken. Again. The past decade has been a complete and utter waste of time. A lot of effort and waiting put in all the wrong places.

Not much left to do now though. Except wallowing on the internet. At least I know exactly the amount of required effort and expected result from that.

Speaking of which ... who do I need to pay to get a bloody https on SoL ?

I can't access it from work otherwise ...

Quote:
Chest does feel a little funny from time to time, but I'm like 99% sure I'm not going to die.
Possibility 1 : it's anxiety, go see a doctor, get bromazepam or whatever anxiolytic there is wherever you live, ask for some anti depressant on top of that, if you don't have them yet, it should help staying afloat, if nothing else.

Possibility 2 : it's not anxiety, it's something else. Go see a doctor.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morvant View Post

And bored some more.

And here I was, thinking that having a job would help me at least bury depression under a pile of busyness and fatigue.

Boy, was I mistaken. Again. The past decade has been a complete and utter waste of time. A lot of effort and waiting put in all the wrong places.

Not much left to do now though. Except wallowing on the internet. At least I know exactly the amount of required effort and expected result from that.
I know that feel bro.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2017, 06:36 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Me? Healthy? I haven't been mentally healthy in over a year, so having one of your primary sources of joy for over a decade be this awful when I'm already in a very low mental state already... It's not a good combination, especially when it's not the first time it's happened
I'm with Noit. There's no shame in seeking help. If something's causing you this much suffering, and you aren't in a good place, you should see if you've access to someone to talk to. Someone more professional than us, anyways.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Hell, I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow and need to talk to her about setting up my meds, and maybe seeing a therapist outside of couples counseling. You're not alone, Torch.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:02 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morvant View Post

And bored some more.

Speaking of which ... who do I need to pay to get a bloody https on SoL ?

I can't access it from work otherwise ...
Hey Morv, really sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but I'm glad to see you, feel free to stop by the discord if you have the time.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-08-2017, 12:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I'm with Noit. There's no shame in seeking help. If something's causing you this much suffering, and you aren't in a good place, you should see if you've access to someone to talk to. Someone more professional than us, anyways.
Fuck off moose.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-08-2017, 03:14 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I love this feeling of wanting to grab a kitchen knife and stab myself in the neck/chest area.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:56 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Fuck off moose.
Don't you mean Canadian?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Don't you mean Canadian?
Yes but he’s also a moose.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-08-2017, 07:12 AM

Problemsolver

Fun fact! Moose are to elk and deer what Warcraft's trolls are to the elves; ugly and weirdly lanky cousins.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:33 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I know that feel bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Hey Morv, really sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but I'm glad to see you, feel free to stop by the discord if you have the time.
Thanks. I'll be lurking here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
Hell, I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow and need to talk to her about setting up my meds, and maybe seeing a therapist outside of couples counseling. You're not alone, Torch.
Yeah, regular therapy helps quite a lot staying afloat and getting shit done. I should probably try to get back to more than one session a month.

Tags
realspace, spam thread 3.1