Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2017, 01:54 PM

Elune

Criticizing other people's​ faith isn't nice but it shouldn't be a taboo or bannable offense imo. Islam doesn't deserve any more special protections simply because some radicals will murder innocent people.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:50 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

You folks just need to stop aspiring to be douche-canoes and want to be parrot edgelords. This place isn't 4chan it never has been, not every forum has to be. Can we just like try to elevate ourselves from the knuckle dragging that's been going on... just a little. I'm not even sure if the rules and regs thread is for this juvenile pushing against authority like a 14 yearold.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
You folks just need to stop aspiring to be douche-canoes and want to be parrot edgelords. This place isn't 4chan it never has been, not every forum has to be. Can we just like try to elevate ourselves from the knuckle dragging that's been going on... just a little. I'm not even sure if the rules and regs thread is for this juvenile pushing against authority like a 14 yearold.
Says the guy whos only rebuttal to the complaints is to toss out insults. Also, again, this forum at its worst has never been close to chan culture.

I've said in the past, I dont think Cantus is fit for Moderator right now. He's flat out said his personal life influences and affects his decisions when he threatened people here because of how his RL was going.

He has, in this thread, about me, repeatedly, said im asking for people to get banned AFTER I said, flat out, I wasnt asking for people to get banned.

And unlike (maybe, I cant speak for anyone else) others, even if I dont think hes fit at the moment, I dont even want him gone.

I want him to get his shit together, not gloat about how easy and fun it is to abuse a single poster, and not respond to a post asking for him to not talk to someonr since his admin bullshit stops him from being ignored.

Dont be a vitriolic ass.
Dont repeatedly target one poster.
Dont keep conversing with a poster whos asked you to stop.

NONE of those things are even remotely unreasonable, and he's guilty of all three.

And asking it to stop is whats got you up in arms, and hilariously, you pull the 4 chan card to support your argument.

The only thing I'll agree with is this isnt the thread to talk about it.

Not because its railing against authority, but because asking for those three things IS apparently too hard for Cantus, and nobody else can or will do anything about it. himselff included

Last edited by Ruinshin; 06-09-2017 at 06:48 PM..
Old 06-10-2017, 04:14 AM

Problemsolver

Goddamn drama queens, you people.

On an unrelated note; has anyone had an issue with threads getting marked as read, even if you didn't read them? These past few weeks most of the times when I've logged onto the forums the icons signaling there are new posts have shown nothing of the sort. What gives?
Old 06-10-2017, 05:42 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Says the guy whos only rebuttal to the complaints is to toss out insults. Also, again, this forum at its worst has never been close to chan culture.

I've said in the past, I dont think Cantus is fit for Moderator right now. He's flat out said his personal life influences and affects his decisions when he threatened people here because of how his RL was going.

He has, in this thread, about me, repeatedly, said im asking for people to get banned AFTER I said, flat out, I wasnt asking for people to get banned.

And unlike (maybe, I cant speak for anyone else) others, even if I dont think hes fit at the moment, I dont even want him gone.

I want him to get his shit together, not gloat about how easy and fun it is to abuse a single poster, and not respond to a post asking for him to not talk to someonr since his admin bullshit stops him from being ignored.

Dont be a vitriolic ass.
Dont repeatedly target one poster.
Dont keep conversing with a poster whos asked you to stop.

NONE of those things are even remotely unreasonable, and he's guilty of all three.

And asking it to stop is whats got you up in arms, and hilariously, you pull the 4 chan card to support your argument.

The only thing I'll agree with is this isnt the thread to talk about it.

Not because its railing against authority, but because asking for those three things IS apparently too hard for Cantus, and nobody else can or will do anything about it. himselff included
Bolded bit especially accurate.

It astounds me someone as clearly biased as Cantus is allowed to retain Admin powers. On any other board he'd of been stripped of them (if he even had them to begin with) long ago.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:44 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Bolded bit especially accurate.

It astounds me someone as clearly biased as Cantus is allowed to retain Admin powers. On any other board he'd of been stripped of them (if he even had them to begin with) long ago.
Nah. There are only like 3 of you that constantly whine about him. Nobody else seems to have a problem with him.
Member #14
Old 06-10-2017, 03:06 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Nah. There are only like 3 of you that constantly whine about him. Nobody else seems to have a problem with him.
Agreed. Also seems to be the case of a vocal minority.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Goddamn drama queens, you people.

On an unrelated note; has anyone had an issue with threads getting marked as read, even if you didn't read them? These past few weeks most of the times when I've logged onto the forums the icons signaling there are new posts have shown nothing of the sort. What gives?
Did you maybe log in and then do something else for 15-30 minutes? For me at least the unread posts feature is time sensitive. If I were to open any SoL page, any single one, and then wait for about half an hour then all posts would cease to be marked as unread.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:12 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Not so much recently, but I did bitch about this for awhile some time back.

If you go directly to the new posts page every time you load the forum, instead of loading the index first, you should be able to see which threads haven't been read. You won't be able to go directly to their first new post, but you can at least see which threads have been updated since your last visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Did you maybe log in and then do something else for 15-30 minutes? For me at least the unread posts feature is time sensitive. If I were to open any SoL page, any single one, and then wait for about half an hour then all posts would cease to be marked as unread.
I'm pretty sure it's fifteen minutes, and I'm also pretty sure that's not the problem he's describing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:14 AM

Banished

Quote:

1/ It's more than 3 people.
2/ Regardless of how many it is, that changes absolutely nothing about my point.

Please take your autism elsewhere, it's getting out of control now.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:00 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I'm pretty sure it's fifteen minutes, and I'm also pretty sure that's not the problem he's describing.
Probably.

Still it is pretty annoying that if I spend too much time reading one subforum all the other subforums lose their unread posts marks and I can't directly jump to the new stuff. But as I've said to Erth you can just open multiple tabs to work around this problem, and the slow loading he complained about.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:09 AM

Elune

Quote:
You have some brown on your nose.

Why don't you know when to question authority!?
Old 06-11-2017, 08:28 AM

Echo of the Past

Can you guys give it a rest? Everything's fun and civil in the Halls right now. Walk in here, and people are calling each other autistic and brown-nosers.

Here's some free advice:

1) Run WCII:BtDP
2) Click the Human campaign.
3) Select Alleria.
4) Sink that Ogre Juggernaut.

It's cathartic.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

In light of a pattern of abusive behaviour, and given that he's shown no ability or desire to change said behaviour, Hammerbrew has been given a permanent ban.

Hammerbrew has disrupted numerous conversations and threads with his personal attacks directed at other posters, and has on several occasions engaged in hateful speech and used a variety of slurs to insult and degrade various ethnic and religious groups. He has consistently lashed out at moderators and administrators when confronted on said behaviour and language, and has resisted any attempt at moderation.

This is not the first problem incident. Hammerbrew has been given numerous warnings, both friendly and official, and has been temporarily banned for this behaviour in the past. Through this, he has shown no sign of changing his behaviour. The Staff has voted. Effective immediately, Hammerbrew has been indefinitely banned from Scrolls of Lore.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:05 PM

Elune

Well that wasn't unexpected.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:08 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I fear some people are going to pretty angry about this.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-11-2017, 02:09 PM

Elune

I want to defend Hammerbro because I think when he isnt being aggro hes a fairly solid poster. But I also cant defend the racial slurs and his aggro moments, becauae thats out of line as well..

With that being said*, why a perma ban i stead of something like a 90 day ban? To my knowledge, most of hammers have been short bans, and his attacks are no worse than (again) Kakwakas insinuating all republicans are responsible for iraqi peoples deaths, or his constant christphobic posts.

*I'm not debating the validity of his ban. Im asking why one offense is worse than another for clarifications sake.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:13 PM

Arch-Druid

If short banning him did not improve his behavior before, there is no reason to think it would be different this time.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:15 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

I see that the cancer that is Cucktus keep on polluting this forum. This ban is the biggest joke upon SoL as worse offenders get away with barely a slap on the wrist.

Cucktus, you're a disgrace of a human being, I loathe everything you stand for and I hope the worst upon your sorry existence.
That you can't do it yourself but got someone else to do it for you speak volume of your character.

Don't like what I have to say? Well go fuck yourself.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 06-11-2017, 02:19 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
With that being said*, why a perma ban i stead of something like a 90 day ban? To my knowledge, most of hammers have been short bans, and his attacks are no worse than (again) Kakwakas insinuating all republicans are responsible for iraqi peoples deaths, or his constant christphobic posts.

*I'm not debating the validity of his ban. Im asking why one offense is worse than another for clarifications sake.
I suspect it's less a matter of what's said than how it's said. K is snide, but Hammerbrew was aggressive.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-11-2017, 02:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
If short banning him did not improve his behavior before, there is no reason to think it would be different this time.
A quarter of a year isnt short, though, and it tends to hold more weight than a week or even a month long ban.

Long term bans are effective for various reasons.

1.) They are often the same as a perma ban, as they drive the person off if they are just here for trouble.
2.) If he honestly likes posting here, it sends a MUCH stronger message than other bans as far as "We are tired of your shit" goes.
3.) Taking those two into account, it leaves open a door for return and rehabilitation for community members.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:20 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

I imagine I'm going to be receiving a lot of questions on this decision. For the sake of transparency, I'll do my best to answer as many questions to the best of my ability.

Quote:
I want to defend Hammerbro because I think when he isnt being aggro hes a fairly solid poster. But I also cant defend the racial slurs and his aggro moments, becauae thats out of line as well..

The decision of permanently banning Hammerbrew was not one we took lightly. A case had already been opened on him long before this decision was reached. The slurs and borderline and/or outright hate speech were but a few of the many strikes against him. Just as important in the decision were the personal insults and attacks (eg. calling people autists, telling people to fuck off without provocation or reciprocation, etc.) in which he engaged on a daily basis.

I know this won't net me any friends, but I won't specifically comment on any other posters at the moment.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:22 PM

Elune

Eh.

Like first off, yeah I am friends with Hammer and I dislike his banning a lot.

But it's not that. I've said it before many times, we really need a much better progression of punishments. First an assing or a short ban (1-3 days) then a longer one (7 days) and so on for a number of steps (as decided by the management) and then last and most important, a final warning. Let them know they are on very thin ice, afaik Hammer wasn't given a final warning and that is a big problem. Neither was Galdus, yeah Galdus was annoying but just going for a permaban instantly never sat right with me. And if the poster settles down after their final warning only to start acting up after a long time (6-12 months) just remind them that they not out of the woods yet and they'll probably quit it.
Basically have a rational progression of bans instead of going for the extremes of "virtually no bans despite repeated offenses" and "suddently gone forever." This measured policing will keep posters in line without needlessly alienating anyone. We are a small community, we don't need big forum style cullings and mass bans.

In light of this I think Hammer should be brought back or have his sentence commuted to a timed ban with the understanding that this is his last warning. Also make sure to explicitly and publicly outline what is unacceptable and what caused them to be warned so the poster on probation, and the rest of us, know crystally clear what is going on and the rules of engagement if you will.

I hope you moderators at least read and consider this

-C9
Old 06-11-2017, 02:23 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
I see that the cancer that is Cucktus keep on polluting this forum. This ban is the biggest joke upon SoL as worse offenders get away with barely a slap on the wrist.

Cucktus, you're a disgrace of a human being, I loathe everything you stand for and I hope the worst upon your sorry existence.
That you can't do it yourself but got someone else to do it for you speak volume of your character.

Don't like what I have to say? Well go fuck yourself.
Jesus christ Yask dial it back, this is clearly not something Cantus decided on his own and Hammer's been treading a line for awhile. There's no reason to go off on Cantus like this.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-11-2017, 02:24 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I suspect it's less a matter of what's said than how it's said. K is snide, but Hammerbrew was aggressive.
On one hand, I understand that. On the other, I find the snide comments, personally, far more offputting than overt aggression.

Quote:
I know this won't net me any friends, but I won't specifically comment on any other posters at the moment.
Sorry, I didnt pose that question as a way to have you speak out on another poster. It was more aimed at situations and comment types. Not posters.

Tags
administrators, admins, assing, moderations, moderators, mods, no gifs allowed, regulations, rules, scrolls of lore, serious business, tag police