Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-24-2018, 01:54 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
There was an interview with Forbes that had a very interesting quote about Azshara (emphasis mine):

"It's going to be a really fun opportunity to see her storyline advance in the content patches that will be coming."

So either Azshara doesn't die in her own raid, or Nazjatar isn't the raid tier after Uldir...
Do you happen to have a link to said interview? I'd be interested in reading the whole thing.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 08-24-2018, 01:58 PM

Eternal

Azshara seems to actually care about her subjects to a degree, which is out of character from all her other appearances in the lore. At the same time she's also strangely smug considering her position and how she doesn't know for sure how much N'zoth actually needs her. N'zoth as well seems a bit pissy for someone of his stature and power. I suppose you could explain those with Azshara just being amazingly arrogant by nature and very quick to adapt to new conditions, and N'zoth purposely making Azshara think she's in a better position than she is, but it still feels a bit meh to me and she still seems a bit more caring than before.
Besides that there's nothing new here as far as I can tell. Can't say I'm a big fan of this one, or even the other two videos.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:42 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
Do you happen to have a link to said interview? I'd be interested in reading the whole thing.
Here you go.

Also, somebody got exalted with the 7th Legion, and checked the Stormwind Embassy. It says they've fulfilled all the criteria to unlock Dark Iron Dwarves, but there's no quest to recruit them still. It looks like they're further timegated beyond just meeting the reputation and quest requirements.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:46 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Here you go.

Also, somebody got exalted with the 7th Legion, and checked the Stormwind Embassy. It says they've fulfilled all the criteria to unlock Dark Iron Dwarves, but there's no quest to recruit them still. It looks like they're further timegated beyond just meeting the reputation and quest requirements.

They forgot to make them available.
Related: there's apparently a bug where the Horde doesn't get Reputation for Wanted!-Quests.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:46 PM

Loremaster

To be fair, it kinda seems like Azshara's default assumption is that everyone else needs her more than she needs them. Which could arguably explain her "caring" for her subjects; what use is being adored if everyone who adores you the most is gone?

Sure, the Old Gods "let" her continue to be queen by saving her Highborne, but frankly what kind of concession is that anyway? They were supposedly going to deliver Deathwing a world under his total dominion ruled by his flight, yet we saw in the End Time that once they got what they wanted out of him such promises wouldn't be worth the nonexistent paper they weren't printed on.

People might jump at the chance to suggest this makes Azshara's look like some sort of master manipulator holding all the cards here, but frankly the very nature of her mindset and backstory has already established that she always thinks she's the one in control, whether it's really true or not. Her entire alliance with the Burning Legion was hinged on this delusional, egocentric, nonsense idea that somehow Sargeras considered her his equal.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:59 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Thanks.

However, I didn't see anything in the interview suggesting that Blizzard thinks Azshara is a never-before-heard-of character to the majority of players, just that they wanted to refresh people's memory on her backstory a bit. I could be misreading it, though.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 08-24-2018, 03:12 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
Thanks.

However, I didn't see anything in the interview suggesting that Blizzard thinks Azshara is a never-before-heard-of character to the majority of players, just that they wanted to refresh people's memory on her backstory a bit. I could be misreading it, though.
It's in the interviewer's question, it's worded carefully enough that it sounds like it was worked out beforehand, though looking back on it that could be me reading too much into it:

Newman: In the new Azshara short today, are you treating her as a new character? Are you assuming that folks will know the lore of what her role as been to date in Warcraft? How do you approach a character like that, that's likely to be a major player in the future, but perhaps not as memorable for players as other characters that they've gotten to interact with on a more frequent basis?

Burke: Hopefully the Warbringer cinematic will help refresh people's memory a little bit about where our character came from. I've been here for a lot of releases, and it's always, "When are we going to play with Azshara?" That time finally getting here is really exciting for me. It's a really interesting character. I think that we'll be able to bring people up to speed pretty well. We're at war right now. It's a really special time. It's the first time in the history of World of Warcraft that we've been able to play in that environment, story-wise. We've still got a little bit to tell there, leading up to some reveals. We wanted to make sure that players were aware that she's watching.

Danuser: There's a reason that she is the third of our Warbringers in this series. We did really want to feature her here. Without giving anything away about the cinematic, once you see it, I think you'll have a much deeper understanding, as Steve said, about what she is and what that history is. It's going to be a really fun opportunity to see her storyline advance in the content patches that will be coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Related: there's apparently a bug where the Horde doesn't get Reputation for Wanted!-Quests.
They brought that up in the Q and A yesterday. Ion said that's not a glitch. Some Wanted! Quests give rep and some don't, and Horde players have just been unlucky with what Wanted quests have been available so far.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:52 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Yeeeeeah let's call it a feature then <.<.

Speaking of broken features - apparently there's a bug or shit decision going on with transmog where, say, a Kul Tiras-levelling belt attained on my Human Warrior turns into a Zandalar-levelling belt on my Horde Panda Warrior. However, at least on the Auction House armor keeps it's appearance, meaning i could buy a shitty green Zandalar-belt on my Human, sooo... why the fuck do i not get the appearance i earned while levelling? Why does it change if it's not locked in? Is that even intentional?
Old 08-24-2018, 04:09 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I'm suspecting if that's primarily a Class-balance-related issue. What Classes are you playing Spidey? I haven't touched a clothy yet but i have a feeling i won't like levelling those guys...
Mutilation Rogue.

I mean, i've been struggling fighting two regular mobs at once. Have to pop my cds for that. Right now, I'm at about 326 or so. Got lucky with a 350 world drop waist piece yesterday and 345 warforged legs today.

It would also be helpful if WQs awarded spec-specific weapons. Today's fist weapon and sword were useless to me since i don't plan on playing Outlaw any time soon.
Legion didn't have that particular issue either because you could fit relics in almost any artifact.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 08-24-2018, 06:41 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Dark Iron dwarf recruitment quest outline. The fact that you have to complete a dungeon for one of the quests makes me wonder what the mag'har dungeon could be (nothing datamined so far points to one).

Also a quest upon reaching revered with Champions of Azeroth that, as WoWhead points out, may explain the "the King of Diamonds has been made a pawn" quote. The Heart of Azeroth apparently has the power to free N'Zoth, something that he is keenly aware of and sends a minion to take it from the player.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:52 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Yeeeeeah let's call it a feature then <.<.

Speaking of broken features - apparently there's a bug or shit decision going on with transmog where, say, a Kul Tiras-levelling belt attained on my Human Warrior turns into a Zandalar-levelling belt on my Horde Panda Warrior. However, at least on the Auction House armor keeps it's appearance, meaning i could buy a shitty green Zandalar-belt on my Human, sooo... why the fuck do i not get the appearance i earned while levelling? Why does it change if it's not locked in? Is that even intentional?
I haven't leveled my Horde toon yet, so I can't say about quest gear, but green gear and WQ gear gotten in the other continent keeps its appearance cross faction.

I guess quest geat, judging from your report, instead converts to whatever is appropriate to the other faction, which is pity, since I'm thinking of leveling my orc warrior but woud love to have its gear available to my human paladin as well.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-24-2018, 07:07 PM

Loremaster

It's kinda weird that none of the Highborne (including Azshara) in her Warbringers cinematic seem to have glowing eyes.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:08 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
Azshara seems to actually care about her subjects to a degree, which is out of character from all her other appearances in the lore. At the same time she's also strangely smug considering her position and how she doesn't know for sure how much N'zoth actually needs her. N'zoth as well seems a bit pissy for someone of his stature and power. I suppose you could explain those with Azshara just being amazingly arrogant by nature and very quick to adapt to new conditions, and N'zoth purposely making Azshara think she's in a better position than she is, but it still feels a bit meh to me and she still seems a bit more caring than before.
Besides that there's nothing new here as far as I can tell. Can't say I'm a big fan of this one, or even the other two videos.
It kinda makes sense for N'zoth to have a pissy attitude, given that he was the weakest out of all the Old Gods in Azeroth. He was cornered and constantly threatened by the possibility of being eaten by the other four (five?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
@Rotal - you need to get laid.

1 - She doesn't want to see her beautiful city destroyed.

2 - The Suramari used the Eye of Aman'thul, which ended up creating the Nightwell.

3 - The points is that she'll rule as a queen, not a mere servant and pawn.

I don't think that's Ny'alotha, but rather the Black Empire.
I know the collective imagination paints Ny'alotha as portraying a somewhat chthonian-lovecraftian architecture, but I must ask: do we have any reason to not think that Ny'alotha will follow upon a different architectural aesthetics than the Black Empire?

Last edited by Krainz; 08-24-2018 at 08:11 PM..
Old 08-24-2018, 08:13 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
To be fair, it kinda seems like Azshara's default assumption is that everyone else needs her more than she needs them. Which could arguably explain her "caring" for her subjects; what use is being adored if everyone who adores you the most is gone?

Sure, the Old Gods "let" her continue to be queen by saving her Highborne, but frankly what kind of concession is that anyway? They were supposedly going to deliver Deathwing a world under his total dominion ruled by his flight, yet we saw in the End Time that once they got what they wanted out of him such promises wouldn't be worth the nonexistent paper they weren't printed on.

People might jump at the chance to suggest this makes Azshara's look like some sort of master manipulator holding all the cards here, but frankly the very nature of her mindset and backstory has already established that she always thinks she's the one in control, whether it's really true or not. Her entire alliance with the Burning Legion was hinged on this delusional, egocentric, nonsense idea that somehow Sargeras considered her his equal.
You'd think so but clearly you are unfamiliar with the power of queeeen slaaaaay. Not only is she the one manipulating N'zoth but the whole old god agenda and perhaps more.

The way N'zoth maybe let her drown a bit longer to lose the smug face gives me some hope I am wrong but probably not.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:46 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I know the collective imagination paints Ny'alotha as portraying a somewhat chthonian-lovecraftian architecture, but I must ask: do we have any reason to not think that Ny'alotha will follow upon a different architectural aesthetics than the Black Empire?
Oh, Ny'alotha can totally look like that, I just meant I don't think that picture is it. There's no reason for N'Zoth to be imprisoned there, and it makes more sense for him to show the empire he had, which is what he's talking about.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:14 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Dark Iron dwarf recruitment quest outline. The fact that you have to complete a dungeon for one of the quests makes me wonder what the mag'har dungeon could be (nothing datamined so far points to one).

Also a quest upon reaching revered with Champions of Azeroth that, as WoWhead points out, may explain the "the King of Diamonds has been made a pawn" quote. The Heart of Azeroth apparently has the power to free N'Zoth, something that he is keenly aware of and sends a minion to take it from the player.
Hmmmmmm.......... interesting. May have something to do with N’Zoth’s parasitic nature. Or an infection of some kind.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:43 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
You'd think so but clearly you are unfamiliar with the power of queeeen slaaaaay. Not only is she the one manipulating N'zoth but the whole old god agenda and perhaps more.
I don't think so. As Rotal said, N'Zoth acting all angry and roaring like that seems unbecoming of an Old God.
First lesson on how to con someone: Make them think it was their idea.
He watched Ashzara for a thousand years, he knows exactly how she ticks and which buttons to push.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 08-25-2018, 04:30 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Better Call N'Zaul?
I mean i suppose i get the idea but does the first thing Sophie does after half a decade of buildup HAVE to be a tamper tantrum? With Blizzard's track record... there ain't gonna be a twist. An Old God that wants you to do it's bidding is usually pretty in your face. Literally. With mindbreaking squids.

Incidentally, there's something i don't see anyone talking about. Remember in Warbringers: Snakelady, when that voice sneks in to tell Azsy to just give up? That's a female voice. N'Zoth doesn't seem to bother with fake voices so far. Yog and C'Thun both - Jebus. I'm watching the video again to verify and MAN Azshara sounds like she's having fun - Yog and C'Thun both have pretty male voice actors (insofar as genders mean anything to Old Gods) and N'Zoth, either by default or eventually, has a male VA too. Yet there's a female voice persuading her to "Let Go". "It. Is. Over."
I see several possibilities here:
A.) N'Zoth uses her own voice to get Azsy into a more desperate mood, trying to make her more receptive for his enslavement. Counter: doesn't really sound like Azshara's voice.
B.) N'Zoth just streightup tries to make her go insane for the same reason. Insane people seem to be easier to manipulate. Counter: why change his voice?
C.) The short does use imaginary disembodied voices from Azshara's suspects to portray her guilt and their despair. Maybe it's supposed to be Azshara's subconsciour going "you fucked up, give in, get some rest" or something. Counter: absolutely nothing in Azshara's known characterization indicates that her brain works like that. Countering the Counter: When she desperately says "this is not my fault, this is not the deal i made!", she does NOT sound overly convinced. Is Azshara getting a slightly more benevolent character this time? How does that fit with what we know about her? Does it? Is it intentional character growth in the moment of "death" or just Blizzard being Blizzard?
Are they illidannig Azshara into a good girl?
D.) We know the Old Gods reeeally don't like each other. Even if they're forced to work together they may not appreciate the thought of one of them succeeding in ways that would benefit only one of them. Could this be Yog, C'Thun or someone else trying to get Sophie's new plaything to drown before any fun can be had?
E.) Is N'Zoth working with another, female Old God that they haven't introduced to us yet? G'Huun and Y'Shaarsh came out of nowhere too, after all. Are there Lesser Old Gods? Is it N'Zoth's prime general?
F.) IGoD calls it a long shot but he thinks it may be Elune trying to give Azshara some "help" by telling her it's okay to give up. I'm not super convinced about that myself either, primarily because Elune seems to be an overall benevolent goddess (or Titan Supercomputer, no, i'm not giving that one up) and, well, Azshara is a selfabsorbed bitch.... however, it may be Elune giving AZEROTH a leg up. If Azshara drowned then and there, N'Zoth would not be able to use her and her people for world domination... maybe. Clearly N'Zoth has the power to rescue drowning elves, i'm not sure if Azshara's survival would have made much of a difference in the long run. Or if she would have died had she just given up at all, Zophie seems to have a pretty good handle on things.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 08-25-2018 at 07:24 AM..
Old 08-25-2018, 05:08 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Ion wrote up a comprehensive post on world mob scaling:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=12#post-234

Quote:
Well geared toons from the end of the previous expansion have always had a very easy time in the first few levels of a new expansion. The scaling isn't broken, it's how the scaling should work. The only way for this to not be an issue is to remove scaling altogether. And it's a design choice that the benefits of scaling outweigh downsides like this.
Exactly.

The way the outdoor world functions in Battle for Azeroth is exactly how Legion worked, in virtually every regard. But looking farther back, an endgame-geared character from the prior expansion having a harder and harder time killing things as they level is how WoW has worked since its very first expansion, The Burning Crusade. As you move into new content, you face progressively stronger foes. If you aren’t replacing your gear as you level because you’re already overgeared for your level, then in relative terms you're going to feel weaker against same-level enemies.

Specifically, level 110 enemies are tuned to be a fair fight for someone who just quested through Legion and hit 110 wearing items along the way (average item level of, say, 160 or so). That's essential, or fresh 110s moving into Battle for Azeroth content would run into a frustrating brick wall of difficulty. But it means that if you are level 110 wearing Argus gear and legendaries (average item level of, say, 230 or even higher), you’re massively overpowered in relative terms. Easily twice as strong as someone who just quested through Legion and did nothing else. And that’s nothing new - that's power progression, and the reward for the time spent on Argus and elsewhere strengthening your character.

But moving on, level 117 enemies are tuned to be a fair fight for someone who is wearing quest rewards from level 117 quests. The same player above in Argus gear will only recently have started to find upgrades from quests, and is actually now wearing nearly the exact same gear as the player who leveled straight through without doing Legion endgame content. This is exactly how it worked 4 years ago when someone wearing Siege of Orgrimmar gear was wrecking level 90 enemies in Frostfire or Shadowmoon at 90, and then started to have a tough time against level 97 mobs in Spires of Arak at level 97. Higher-level enemies are tougher.

Again, nothing new. The only difference is that, since Legion, one Antorus-geared player may have started in Tiragarde Sound and steamrolled it at 110, before running into resistance in Drustvar at 117, while another Antorus-geared player may have started in Drustvar and had an easy time at 110, only to find tougher enemies at 117 in Tiragarde, depending on the order in which they each chose to tackle the zones. It admittedly can feel awkward to return to a specific dungeon or a specific area and find that the enemies there have effectively grown stronger while you were away, but that is what enables flexibility in zone choice when leveling, and makes the entire world relevant at max level, a core part of what made Legion's outdoor world experience successful.

The pre-Legion design, applied to Battle for Azeroth Horde content, might have gone like this: Zuldazar and Atal’dazar could be 110-114 content, Vol’dun and Temple of Sethraliss 113-117, and Nazmir and Underrot 116-120. That would likely have felt better in terms of rationalizing increasing world difficulty as you level, but it would have come at the expense of a more linear leveling experience, after which those zones would be largely irrelevant at endgame. We feel that the upsides of having the outdoor world continue to be relevant, and be a place where we can tell ongoing War Campaign stories and stage other content, for the months to come, are worth that increased awkwardness while leveling.

Finally, looking at the max-level experience, players are already objectively much stronger than they were at 110 in Legion. We’re starting to see random pickup groups going back and doing Mythic Antorus with ilvl ~330 level 120 characters, for achievements and transmog, and an ilvl 330 PUG kills Mythic Argus the Unmaker in about 5 minutes. Top raid guilds were doing it in ~9 minutes at 110 just a few weeks ago. There's no special scaling or legacy buff involved: People are simply stronger now than they were a month ago, when fighting the same old foes.

At max level, everything you do to upgrade your gear and the power of your Heart of Azeroth will make your experience playing the game relatively easier. We’ve seen no data whatsoever to support claims that a fresh 120 has an easier time with any content, outdoors or otherwise, than one who has improved their gear through doing dungeons and world quests and the like. A player in ilvl 330 gear is killing world quest foes more than 40% faster than someone who just hit 120 at ilvl 280, while having a much larger health pool (and, again, enemy damage output isn't scaling up at all). That relative strength will continue to increase over the weeks to come with every additional bit of gear and additional Azerite powers acquired.

Philosophically, we completely agree that progression is an essential part of an RPG experience. Rewards need to mean something, and their impact needs to be felt when playing the game. To the extent that we compromise that value in some places, it's never done lightly, and is always in service of a what we view as a greater benefit elsewhere (in this case, the ability to choose a non-linear path through zones while leveling, and having the entirety of the new world remaining relevant at 120, instead of just small pieces of it).
Old 08-25-2018, 07:30 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Better Call N'Zaul?
I mean i suppose i get the idea but does the first thing Sophie does after half a decade of buildup HAVE to be a tamper tantrum? With Blizzard's track record... there ain't gonna be a twist. An Old God that wants you to do it's bidding is usually pretty in your face. Literally. With mindbreaking squids.

Incidentally, there's something i don't see anyone talking about. Remember in Warbringers: Snakelady, when that voice sneks in to tell Azsy to just give up? That's a female voice. N'Zoth doesn't seem to bother with fake voices so far. Yog and C'Thun both - Jebus. I'm watching the video again to verify and MAN Azshara sounds like she's having fun - Yog and C'Thun both have pretty male voice actors (insofar as genders mean anything to Old Gods) and N'Zoth, either by default or eventually, has a male VA too. Yet there's a female voice persuading her to "Let Go". "It. Is. Over."
I see several possibilities here:
A.) N'Zoth uses her own voice to get Azsy into a more desperate mood, trying to make her more receptive for his enslavement. Counter: doesn't really sound like Azshara's voice.
B.) N'Zoth just streightup tries to make her go insane for the same reason. Insane people seem to be easier to manipulate. Counter: why change his voice?
C.) The short does use imaginary disembodied voices from Azshara's suspects to portray her guilt and their despair. Maybe it's supposed to be Azshara's subconsciour going "you fucked up, give in, get some rest" or something. Counter: absolutely nothing in Azshara's known characterization indicates that her brain works like that. Countering the Counter: When she desperately says "this is not my fault, this is not the deal i made!", she does NOT sound overly convinced. Is Azshara getting a slightly more benevolent character this time? How does that fit with what we know about her? Does it? Is it intentional character growth in the moment of "death" or just Blizzard being Blizzard?
Are they illidannig Azshara into a good girl?
D.) We know the Old Gods reeeally don't like each other. Even if they're forced to work together they may not appreciate the thought of one of them succeeding in ways that would benefit only one of them. Could this be Yog, C'Thun or someone else trying to get Sophie's new plaything to drown before any fun can be had?
E.) Is N'Zoth working with another, female Old God that they haven't introduced to us yet? G'Huun and Y'Shaarsh came out of nowhere too, after all. Are there Lesser Old Gods? Is it N'Zoth's prime general?
After what happened with Xe'ra I'm more accepting than before that it is a twist, though I read the situation in a pretty different way:

Both N'Zoth and Azshara are manipulating each other (since charisma and manipulation are their main traits).

-N'Zoth acts angry and over the top to make it seem like Azshara has the upper hand, but in the end Azshara still does exactly what N'Zoth wanted her to do. The only difference is he's calling her "my queen" instead of "my servant/slave." He's tricked Azshara into thinking she's the one holding all the cards even though she hasn't actually gotten N'Zoth to do anything he wasn't already going to do.

-Azshara is also manipulating him since from what we can see, she hasn't been driven insane or mind-broken by him. Unlike all the other servants of the Old Gods like Cho'Gall or Cata-era Deathwing, Azshara isn't forced to be loyal to N'Zoth via insanity (probably because of her ego and almost hypnotic abilities to make people worship her of her own), so unlike every other Old God minion/ally, Azshara and the naga could betray N'Zoth the moment she feels he's no longer useful to her.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:22 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Bit of a tangent i know but I'm not sure how much of a twist Xe'ra really was. The story likes to forget it on occasion, treating every member of a species as a replaceable clone-stand-in, but ever since Warcraft 3 the idea of people being people has been fairly established as a core theme. There's good Orcs, there's evil orcs; there's good humans, there's evil humans. In hindsight i'm wondering why we were all cought off-guard by an evil Naru. The Light has ALWAYS let you do evil things as long as you thought you were doing the right things, occasionally going so far as to retcon it's own rules to have an enemy use Light-based spells on us.

I wonder if that means there's a good and kind Old God out there. "Elune is a goodhearted Old God confirmed; you heard it here first."
Old 08-25-2018, 09:34 AM

Arch-Druid

I wonder if Azshara refusing the first bargain is a clue that she may not be that loyal to N'Zoth.
Her ego is so big that she'd rather die with all her people than accept a deal making her look weak.
When she realizes she is just a pawn, she may decide to take N'Zoth down with her.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:04 AM

Eternal

Any chance there is an over-arching duel between Yogg-Saron and N'zoth? Yoggy have Gorak Tul and Bwonsamdi on his side while N'zoth have Azshara, Zul, and Ashvane.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:35 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Any chance there is an over-arching duel between Yogg-Saron and N'zoth? Yoggy have Gorak Tul and Bwonsamdi on his side while N'zoth have Azshara, Zul, and Ashvane.
How do we know of Bwonsamdi's involvement with Yogg? That would also mean that if we defeat Azshara and N'Zoth this expansion, one of the next ones could very well be Yogg's grand scheme: as the self proclaimed God of Death he makes his final push on the Shadowlands from Nyalotha, and his big name sleeper agents like Bwonsamdi, Sylvanas and LK Bolvar will show their hands.

I don't think we will get an in your face "expansion of death" but the theme will feature as heavily as it did during WotLK
Old 08-25-2018, 02:03 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxar View Post
How do we know of Bwonsamdi's involvement with Yogg? That would also mean that if we defeat Azshara and N'Zoth this expansion, one of the next ones could very well be Yogg's grand scheme: as the self proclaimed God of Death he makes his final push on the Shadowlands from Nyalotha, and his big name sleeper agents like Bwonsamdi, Sylvanas and LK Bolvar will show their hands.

I don't think we will get an in your face "expansion of death" but the theme will feature as heavily as it did during WotLK
We don't know of Bwonsamdi's involvement with Yogg (unless there's been some new lore reveal I'm not aware of yet?) just that he has a "boss" he's afraid of.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft