Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-14-2009, 08:50 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby-Star View Post
SA brah.
Not all of it came from SA though, the part that came from SA just fleshed out what Boub said.

I'll say it again, I believe that Boub believes he's right, what he actually posted...?

I'm very sceptical about.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:54 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
Not all of it came from SA though, the part that came from SA just fleshed out what Boub said.

I'll say it again, I believe that Boub believes he's right, what he actually posted...?

I'm very sceptical about.
The thrall being the new guardian.. Were does that come from? wasn't it supposed to be med'an? This child has the power of the guardian and he is foretold in the prophecies, why does thrall needs to be the new guardian when there's someone powerful enough and more fitting than him next to him?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
The thrall being the new guardian.. Were does that come from? wasn't it supposed to be med'an? This child has the power of the guardian and he is foretold in the prophecies, why does thrall needs to be the new guardian when there's someone powerful enough and more fitting than him next to him?
The Thrall information came from SA.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 PM

Loremaster

The whole thing just seems too completely out of control. Blizzard, who kept us from knowing about the Eredar/Draenei/Broken/Lost Ones retcon until the official announcement, suddenly has so little control whatsoever of their staff that what amounts to practically a list of friggin' patch notes for the next expansion is spilling out all at once?

It's all very fishy to me. Either there's a whole lot of hoaxing going on, or Blizzard is dropping the ball and utterly failing to crack down on somebody with loose lips.

Or they truly have succumbed to the feared affects of the merger with Activision to such a degree that they can't even maintain the loyalty of their staff well enough to keep development secrets under wraps.

After all, the Blizzard team might keep everything "in the family", but some guy visiting from one of the other company's offices probably wouldn't feel that same sort of obligation to keep what he saw to himself in the spirit of surprising the fans.

Or maybe they just want to save money at Blizzcon by substituting actual reveal materials and media with a simple cardboard poster listing the various WoW blogs and saying "go here to find out, we're heading home early".

I can understand the excitement of finding something that one thinks is a big secret, but visiting "news" blogs which I otherwise enjoy for their regular articles keeps getting taxing. Between reading about tanking in the latest patch release or pointers for leveling a profession it's like I'm dodging landmine posts that are either spoiling everything or bombarding me with potential misinformation. (Hmm, kinda like the real news /rimshot).

Not only that, but they're being awfully free-and-loose with the "keep in mind that we don't post these sorts of things unless we're absolutely sure of our sources" statements. I'd be inclined to lend such statements more credence if there weren't dozens of new posts starting with them seemingly every other day lately. Pinky-swearing on one's mother's grave loses its gravitas after someone does it the seventieth time in a row during a single week.

I'm not saying the posters of this "breaking news" are malicious in their intent or trying to mislead anyone; they more than likely do believe it to at least some degree. But when somebody continuously reminds me that they're completely, entirely, 100% super-certain about something, I start wondering if they're really just trying to keep themselves convinced.

All that being said, I'm particularly inclined to think that the addition of other classes to races is some form of design mechanic meant to aid them in programming for the transitional process involved in faction changing rather than something that will actually become playable. The programmers might just have an easier time facilitating the change from a human paladin into a Tauren hunter or vice-versa if the templates for human hunters and Tauren paladins exists in the coding of the game engine.

Last edited by ARM3481; 08-14-2009 at 08:59 PM..
Old 08-14-2009, 09:00 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrabel View Post
The Thrall information came from SA.
And they made that up ... ? or they claim to have some informations deeps in ? lol
Old 08-14-2009, 09:02 PM

Critter

Default Reall?

Night elf Mages Make no sense neither do Tauren paladins they have no faith in the light forces and stuff like that and Troll Druids are my biggest WTF of that article Trolls are pretty much anti-druidical since there into mojo and that crap And also why are they flodding thousand needles a perfectly fine leveling zone?

Last edited by Aceclaw; 08-14-2009 at 09:07 PM..
Old 08-14-2009, 09:02 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceclaw View Post
Night elf Mages Make no sense neither do Tauren paladins they have no faith in the light forces and stuff like that and Troll Druids are my biggest WTF of that article Trolls are pretty much anti-druidical since there into mojo and that crap
stfu

Quote:
Me'dan acts like a kid even though he's like what...25-27?
He's too young to take up such a huge responsibility, he's fucking strong, no doubt about that, but he doesn't have the mindset for it imo.

Thrall as a guardian would be very fitting of him.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Does Med'An DESERVE Guardianship? No. Does the comic at least SET HIM UP to be the next guardian? Totally. It could be a red herring, but Blizz has given us too much information (remember Blizzcast number... 8, I think where Metzen discusses the "half breed that's supposed to unify the alliance and horde"?) for Med'An not to be the next guardian.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:07 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
stfu

Me'dan acts like a kid even though he's like what...25-27?
He's too young to take up such a huge responsibility, he's fucking strong, no doubt about that, but he doesn't have the mindset for it imo.

Thrall as a guardian would be very fitting of him.
Well, except for the " savior of the world" thingy I don't know what to think. Thrall knows very well that making garrosh warchief would start and all out war, so taking the role of guardian and letting the horde and the alliance fight to hell behind him is not wise, coming from him... :x And WTF is Malfurion's doing with the creation of the Guardian? I thought he was stuck in the nightmare lol, He could'nt leave the Dream for now, and suddenly he is back to participate in an event he has no direct ties with?

Last edited by engal; 08-14-2009 at 09:10 PM..
Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

The other fact is that Thrall has no reason to take up the mantle of the Guardian. He's got a Horde to run, and running off to the ends of the earth to fight random Old God machinations makes little sense if he's leaving people like Garrosh or similar ilk to rule in his stead.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Well, except for the " savior of the world" thingy I don't know what to think. Thrall knows very well that making garrosh warchief would start and all out war, so taking the role of guardian and letting the horde and the alliance fight to hell behind him is not wise, coming from him... :x
IF this all is true I think there's going to be a coup d'etat, and Garrosh will actually claim leadership.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:12 PM

Faerie Dragon

There are far better candidates for leadership of the Horde then Garrosh if Thrall were to leave. Saurfang comes to mind for one.

Last edited by Kirby-Star; 08-14-2009 at 09:17 PM..
Old 08-14-2009, 09:13 PM

In any case, I'm in contact with Boub now and hopefully we can get things cleared up.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:15 PM

Critter

Cool late april fools joke?

Seems more like a late April fools joke to me now that i think about it
Old 08-14-2009, 09:16 PM

Ranger

The Globe in Lokens room might be foreshadowing for this Cataclysm:
(Pic taken from MMO-champ forums)

Old 08-14-2009, 09:19 PM

Or they could just be low-rez images of Azeroth.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:20 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
The Globe in Lokens room might be foreshadowing for this Cataclysm:
(Pic taken from MMO-champ forums)

Yes, that part is true, but not to the extent of what's been said. Mostly central Kalimdor and silithus are damaged, the rest seemes in the same shape.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:24 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Or they could just be low-rez images of Azeroth.
I know Low-rez images can screw up how things look, but it doesn't cut up an entire continent.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:25 PM

Warden

Some of it sounds BS, which makes me unbelieving of the entire post. First off, they are introducing new classes to each race. From a balancing standpoint, it's a disaster; They are giving an extra druid race to horde, and I remember Blizzard specifically posting that blood elf warriors are a no-no.

On top of that, thrall as a guardian of tirisfal is laughable. By tradition, it's always been a mage, plus, the power was endowed in the guardian by a council(of humans, high-elves, and gnomes, if I remember correctly). And looking at how the alliance and horde are both portrayed as extremely racist, I can't see more than 3 or 4, much less an entire council endow the power upon an orc.

The part where Garrosh is made the leader of the horde is understandable; I expect him to overtake Thrall as the leader, but the fact that he kills Cairne Bloodhoof has no justification. If that's true, they are gonna have to shove a helluva lot of lore into two content patches before the expansion.

The entire "Cataclysm" idea is kinda cool, but physicaly retarted; How do the barrens stay out of flooding? From what I remember, the barrens are pretty flat, lowland plains. I can see the thousand needles flooding, but don't forget Tanaris, Un'goro, and Silithus are at the same sea level, if not, lower than the bottom of the thousand needles. If uldum is going to be an instance, it'll be completely flooded, or underwater. Not to mention that AQ will be permanently disfigured. And somehow, Suramar, The Broken Isles, and Undermine are still abovewater. And God knows how Azshara will fare.

Blizzard would have to completely re-do the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, not to mention all the new islands as content. Have you seen all the unused, vast spaces in the old world? They would have to either fill that all up, or make a new instance for post-cataclysm world, meaning a complete reworking of the old world, from scratch. While a being a cool concept, I can't see Blizzard doing it all in one xpac.

All in all, it some seems believable, but the fact that it's mixed in with some total BS makes me discredit the entire post.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:27 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
I know Low-rez images can screw up how things look, but it doesn't cut up an entire continent.
exactly, and I inspected it several time in loken's room and Algalon, it's not in the past, there is the pink bubble of Dalaran on it so it's recent.

Gilneas is not on it because it's inexistent in game as of now ( like undermine, Kul Tiras or such)

But what's gone is mainly the barrens to desolace and perhaps a part of ashenvale, and silithus ( maybe the sundering/flooding is coming from the Emerald portal and Wailing caverns from the emerald dream)
Old 08-14-2009, 09:27 PM

Again- the races are one of the few things I BELIEVE in that post. Especially if these are being added in order to prep for the goblins and worgen being added, the horde may have an extra druid for a month, but if worgen join the alliance and have druids, it balances out.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:28 PM

Critter

I never had a problem with the race/class restrictions i dont see why blizz is worrying about them now when they could have during the Original WoW and TbC when we got two new races
Old 08-14-2009, 09:44 PM

Elune

So much of this stuff seems like completely made up, RobLore rips. There's no way this is official, I am shocked that MMOChamp would put this upon their site with a stamp of any kind of approval.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:11 PM

Druid of the Talon

I hope it's a hoax.
Some of that is just messed up.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:19 PM

Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki View Post
I hope it's a hoax.
Some of that is just messed up.
I know right? The new race/class combos are what are making the angriest im fine with the ones we have right now seriously we dont need another druid race it would make no sense for a troll druid there pretty much the anti-druid people