Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you expect SoO to end?
The Horde kicks the Alliance out of the city 6 10.53%
The Alliance occupies the city 2 3.51%
The Alliance pats the Horde on the shoulder and leaves peacefully 29 50.88%
The Alliance makes the Horde accept terms of surrender (zones, reparations etc) 10 17.54%
Garrosh is defeated, but nothing else is shown 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2013, 01:50 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Lol a rehash of what Sylvanas threatened to do to Lorna? Holding a faction leader hostage? Sorry but that would stink big time.
Are you talking to me, Grim?
Old 07-09-2013, 01:51 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Are you talking to me, Grim?
No, the guy you quoted.

...his idea is just dumb.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:56 AM

Arch-Druid

Why would the Alliance retreat when they're in a position to seize the city and dismantle the Horde?

This is where Blizzard would better find a good explanation or they're going to portray the Alliance as the biggest morons to ever live on Azeroth.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:00 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy View Post
Why would the Alliance retreat when they're in a position to seize the city and dismantle the Horde?
Because they're not in the position to do so? I mean, sure they would eventually win, but the loss of life... Oh well, Blizzard did say it would be a bloodbath. (Nope, not happening. You'll see your honorable alliance leave. It is the Blizzard way of writing the Alliance, after all. )
Old 07-09-2013, 02:02 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Because they're not in the position to do so? I mean, sure they would eventually win, but the loss of life... Oh well, Blizzard did say it would be a bloodbath. (Nope, not happening. You'll see your honorable alliance leave. It is the Blizzard way of writing the Alliance, after all. )
Blizzard said they'll be an unified victorious juggernaut. That implies the Alliance could potentially destroy whatever stays in its way, including the Horde.

It's Blizzard's wording, and that implies the Alliance will be in that position.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:22 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Blizzard said they'll be an unified victorious juggernaut. That implies the Alliance could potentially destroy whatever stays in its way, including the Horde.

It's Blizzard's wording, and that implies the Alliance will be in that position.
Yes, but at what cost? Like I said, they would eventually win. They are supposed to come out as the stronger faction, after all. That doesn't mean that the Horde is suddenly insignificant and that it's defeat would be a mere formality.

Besides, the point of my post was that your wish doesn't mesh with the way the Alliance's been written. The idea that Varian would suddenly disband the Horde, when the rebells stood at his side, seems far fetched to me. It's at this point that I must ask, what is more moronic, to use your wording, to expect that the Alliance will entertain the idea of disbanding the rebel Horde or to not entertain this idea if you are the Alliance? (Note that I just used moronic because you like using this word. Not because I believe that you are a moron.)
Old 07-09-2013, 02:24 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Yes, but at what cost? Like I said, they would eventually win. They are supposed to come out as the stronger faction, after all. That doesn't mean that the Horde is suddenly insignificant and that it's defeat would be a mere formality.
Unified victorious juggernaut means nothing could potentially threaten the Alliance without getting utterly crushed. That's the definition of the word I believe.

So dismantling the Horde remnants shouldn't be all that hard.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:33 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Unified victorious juggernaut means nothing could potentially threaten the Alliance without getting utterly crushed. That's the definition of the word I believe.

So dismantling the Horde remnants shouldn't be all that hard.
The word juggernaut is a measurement of the Alliance's might, in comparison to the average strength of factions. It does not exclude the possibility that there could be other juggernauts, albeit the number of them would have to be minuscule or you'd risk increasing the average faction strength. (Note that I'm not saying that there are others. I'm just saying that being called a juggernaut doesn't automatically turn everything else into a flyweight. It just means that the majority is significantly less powerful and mighty. I'm also not saying that the Horde is one. It most assuredly is not.)
Old 07-09-2013, 05:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I am pretty sure they found out about the spy (Sauranok) AFTER getting shot to hell by twilight dragons.
Hrm, you're actually right. dang. I remembered the sauranok portion as coming before the fleet portion.

Though given the size of the operation and the lack of intelligence security, it was still a bad idea to expect nothing to be waiting for the invasion force.

Author of the Pink Engine.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:36 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

You people and your headcanon are fucking up the lore. Go to wowhead and just review the quest chain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:39 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: DeadHank#1975

I believe Wrathion will be behindthe end of SoO. He will either stop a confront after Garrosh's death or just blantly propose peace between the factions after the tyrant's death.

After all, he is the one wanting world peace and one faction united!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Welcome new guy!

Also fyi the Forsaken are recruiting red skulls of doom, good pay, casual genocide and we got dental!
Hey, dental! So all I gotta do is kill myself or something?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:09 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromash View Post
Hey, dental! So all I gotta do is kill myself or something?
Judging by your avatar, you're already there. Though don't worry, we have the Lilian Voss Support Group for people with denial issues.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:32 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I believe Wrathion will be behindthe end of SoO. He will either stop a confront after Garrosh's death or just blantly propose peace between the factions after the tyrant's death.

I hope Blizzard messes up and makes Wrathion target-able if they do that. It would piss off a LOT of Alliance players if the Alliance just walks away or something stupid like that. Anyone in game that proposes such an action should be shot and killed. If the Alliance leaves, it should be on its terms and not terms dictated by the Horde.

Quote:
The word juggernaut is a measurement of the Alliance's might, in comparison to the average strength of factions. It does not exclude the possibility that there could be other juggernauts, albeit the number of them would have to be minuscule or you'd risk increasing the average faction strength. (Note that I'm not saying that there are others. I'm just saying that being called a juggernaut doesn't automatically turn everything else into a flyweight. It just means that the majority is significantly less powerful and mighty. I'm also not saying that the Horde is one. It most assuredly is not.)
The term juggernaut implies a nearly unstoppable force. The Horde shouldn't be in any position to stop the Alliance. Yes it would go down fighting, but it -would- go down at a cost the Alliance is willing to pay. It implies that the Horde doesn't have the strength to stop it either, so it would be in the Horde's best interest to not attack the Alliance so to ensure that the races of the Horde do survive.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:

I believe you're very wrong. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
I hope Blizzard messes up and makes Wrathion target-able if they do that. It would piss off a LOT of Alliance players if the Alliance just walks away or something stupid like that. Anyone in game that proposes such an action should be shot and killed. If the Alliance leaves, it should be on its terms and not terms dictated by the Horde.

The term juggernaut implies a nearly unstoppable force. The Horde shouldn't be in any position to stop the Alliance. Yes it would go down fighting, but it -would- go down at a cost the Alliance is willing to pay. It implies that the Horde doesn't have the strength to stop it either, so it would be in the Horde's best interest to not attack the Alliance so to ensure that the races of the Horde do survive.
If you expect reparations or anything of the sort you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Just sayin.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:12 PM

The Sun King

I believe in Levi Athon.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:13 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
Well, I don't know about "a lot" but at least 2 of the Alliance posters here are guaranteed to throw the greatest shit fit SoL has ever seen if something like that was to happen.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I believe you're very wrong. :p
Could you elaborate? As in what's your view on a confront post-fight.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:12 PM

Elune

To be honest, I'm worried about the whole unified juggernaut thing but I actually wouldn't be surprised if they turn away from that and try something different or fail horribly at portraying it like they did the High King story.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:19 PM

Eternal

Why are you worried? You really think Blizzard is going to make the Alliance just walk away at the cusp of victory over their longtime enemy, the Horde? Do you seriously believe they would do that after they all put so much effort into the war and this victory? A little anti-climactic don't you think? /end sarcasm

We wouldn't want to sully the Horde pride by having the Alliance in their capital for longer then they have to be.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
To be honest, I'm worried about the whole unified juggernaut thing but I actually wouldn't be surprised if they turn away from that and try something different or fail horribly at portraying it like they did the High King story.
Well, that wouldn't be the first time that Blizzard has changed their mind based upon fan reaction. See anything and everything to do with the High King, like you stated.

But with regards to SoO, they are in a no win situation. People are going to hate whatever they choose, be it Alliance or Horde fans.

I'm just going to look at through the eyes of a Warcraft fan. Then I won't be horribly elated, or horribly disappointed by the results lol.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Could you elaborate? As in what's your view on a confront post-fight.
Kir said it pretty well in this topic. Wrathion wants the Alliance to take over the Horde so there's only 1 faction (so blood elves, orcs, tauren etc. in the Alliance) and Varian is obviously not going to do that. This annoys Wrathion and that's when Tong goes on about the factions making each other stronger which ends with his inn blowing up.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Kir said it pretty well in this topic. Wrathion wants the Alliance to take over the Horde so there's only 1 faction (so blood elves, orcs, tauren etc. in the Alliance) and Varian is obviously not going to do that. This annoys Wrathion and that's when Tong goes on about the factions making each other stronger which ends with his inn blowing up.
Basically means if that comes to pass, the idea that the factions should merge and everything should be neutral will never happen.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Basically means if that comes to pass, the idea that the factions should merge and everything should be neutral will never happen.
Now this would put a wrench to the only reason why the draenei are in the game:

To combine the Horde and Alliance into the Army of Light....
Old 07-09-2013, 02:50 PM

Arch-Druid

Thumbs up

Quote:
Oh, yes. Didn't even consider his preference for Varian.

I agree on it, now that you said so and it seems the most reasonable after the soundfiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Now this would put a wrench to the only reason why the draenei are in the game:

To combine the Horde and Alliance into the Army of Light....
That doesn't stop them to make both factions fight the legion as one... We'll never have ONE faction, but - just like have happened before - we can unite for one greater cause (like most expansions, if not all of them), in this case as the Army of the Light.

Faction merge will never happen specially because of PvP and the war-feel it gives to the game.

Heck, who knows? Maybe Alliance rep will be the Army of the Light and Horde will have an equivalent in the BL xpac!

Last edited by Kromash; 07-09-2013 at 02:54 PM..
Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM

Elune

I'm not sure if I really understand what Tong mean when he says the factions make each other stronger. That's a bit hard to take in given that certain races of one faction have made refugees out of races of the other faction. (And vice versa.)

Tags
poll, survey, world of warcraft