Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-28-2016, 10:38 PM

Banished

So, is Saurfang the orc warlord/chieftain/w.e. or just a gp mechanic?

I second the Voljin and Naisha questions too
Old 08-28-2016, 11:11 PM

Elune

Will Maiev not being in prison or dead be expanded on, considering Wolfheart?
Old 08-28-2016, 11:26 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'yoggy View Post
will vandel show up?
+1
Old 08-29-2016, 01:47 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Lorewise, is Kirin Tor in Legion still with the Alliance or went neutral?
Old 08-29-2016, 01:54 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Will Maiev not being in prison or dead be expanded on, considering Wolfheart?
Or rather "Will we see Maiev's return to Darnassus after Killing Illidan, and her position with Darnassus after the events of Wolfheart get expanded on?"

On a different topic "Will we see changes to pitlord hitboxes in Legion? In WoD the hitbox has been far smaller than the red circle, and melee barely have any room to spread out outside of the model."

If I die, blame it on BfA

Last edited by Torch; 08-29-2016 at 02:35 PM..
Old 08-29-2016, 01:57 PM

Arch-Druid

Any plans to Update Blackrock depths?
Old 08-29-2016, 06:19 PM

Sentinel Queen

Old 08-29-2016, 07:08 PM

Ashbringer
BattleTag: Montoya#1769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Can already answer that with, they will be replaced and yes They will be moggable.
source?
Old 08-30-2016, 02:11 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

The game states over and over that all Undead eventually mentally degenerate, going mindless. There's a quest that tells just that in Cata.

Question: would Sylvanas be possibly affected by the mindless state, even as being a banshee?
Old 08-31-2016, 11:04 AM

Eternal

When's the interview, just out of question?

If there's still time, another question.

"Following his role in Cataclysm, a lot of Players started hating Thrall- In short, the story was based around helping Thrall look good, at the expense of other characters and their roles in the story. How have you learned from this, and how are you going to prevent Illidan taking the same route?"

Last edited by Torch; 08-31-2016 at 11:07 AM..
Old 08-31-2016, 05:08 PM

Banished

Will you explain the details about Sylvanas deal in the Helya patch or what?
Old 09-02-2016, 05:12 AM

Arch-Druid

UPDATE: I'm now able to say that Blizzard Entertainment (Versailles) invited me to attend the Legion Launch Party held in Paris (Aug 30). There I was to interview Michael Bybee (Senior Game Producer) and Ian Lang (Senior 3D Animator).

Not all questions were asked. The interview lasted nigh 25 minutes. You can read the Interview transcript (Part 1):

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...bybee-ian-lang

--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
Lorewise, is Kirin Tor in Legion still with the Alliance or went neutral?
I can answer that. If you completed the Dalaran-in-Karazhan questline, Khadgar invokes the Council of Six to vote (yay or nay) for the Horde to join Dalaran once more in order to fight the Legion. The majority decided yay, thus Jaina departed the Kirin Tor, and the Horde rejoined Dalaran.

Aethas Sunreaver is back in Dalaran, but not a member of the Council of Six. After Jaina's departure the Council of Six now consists of: Ansirem Runeweaver, Kalec, Karlain, Khadgar, Modera and Vargoth.

Last edited by Medievaldragon; 09-02-2016 at 05:18 AM..
Old 09-02-2016, 08:18 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Bybee: (chuckles) Exactly. Once again, I don’t want to ruin the story there for players. I think it would be really disappointing if we revealed that kind of a big moment right now; but all I can tell you is that there are plans for the trolls to have leaders again, and we absolutely understand why people would be upset about without Vol’jin that they are a little lost without their leadership; and there is leadership coming. Absolutely for sure. People will be excited about it.

Fuck. My expectations went up. They did it again.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:21 AM

Eternal

Undead Vol'jin, Chosen of Bwonsamdi inc.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:50 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Bybee: I don’t want to give away so much story that I would ruin it for people who haven’t seen the cinematics, but I’ll say that — first of all, I agree with you. Those cinematics are amazing, and the thing that works for us all is that it does a great job; and we are not done telling that story. There is a reason that we are building up that animosity, and it is going to payoff later. We’ll have to wait and see.

Looks like Worgen and Undead really are going to get more content later.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:26 AM

Arch-Druid

Posted Part 2 which deals with the Demon Hunter, Melee Combat Revamp, and Mythic+ dungeons. Thanks again for sharing your questions, and hopefully something good was responded to excite you.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:35 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Bybee: (chuckles) Exactly. Once again, I don’t want to ruin the story there for players. I think it would be really disappointing if we revealed that kind of a big moment right now; but all I can tell you is that there are plans for the trolls to have leaders again, and we absolutely understand why people would be upset about without Vol’jin that they are a little lost without their leadership; and there is leadership coming. Absolutely for sure. People will be excited about it.

You poor fool.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-02-2016, 10:42 AM

Eternal

Damn, not even the boot up the arse to remember Naisha?

Yes yes, I know you were taking requests from other forums too, and it probably wasn't mentioned elsewhere

Old 09-02-2016, 10:42 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Undead Vol'jin, Chosen of Bwonsamdi inc.
*Angry Kellick noises*
Old 09-02-2016, 10:47 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Damn, not even the boot up the arse to remember Naisha?

Yes yes, I know you were taking requests from other forums too, and it probably wasn't mentioned elsewhere
Only had 25 minutes for the interview. So I didn't get enough time to ask all of the questions. Something I learned for the next interview -- it's not wise to ask questions about stuff that is not yet revealed or near release. You immediately get the "I can't talk about that." response. Now asking 6 questions in a row that are about future content patches, and now as a interviewer and as the interviewee ... things start to feel awkward and uncomfy.

Naisha -- if she makes a return in any form (whether alive or as a ghost) that is certainly Tomb of Sargeras content (which is not even close to be announced yet).
Old 09-02-2016, 11:22 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
*Angry Kellick noises*
Wouldn't you want your leader back?
Old 09-02-2016, 12:05 PM

Banished

Bybee: He is getting stronger; and if you are a fan and you have read the recent comics, you can see that Anduin has a future (at some point in the distant future) and he will absolutely be responsible for leading the fight against the final battle (whatever that is).

Oh fuck right off.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:19 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Wouldn't you want your leader back?
A big part of Shadows of the Horde was about how the Zandalari weren't particularly Troll-like because they held onto wanting an empire because they used to have an empire, and they just couldn't let it go. Vol'jin and the Darkspear, on the other hand, were more Troll-like than the other Troll tribes because they accepted the world as it was, and adapted to it.

Vol'jin's dead. Let's not cling desperately to the past by having him come back from the dead to lead the Darkspear.

Now, if we go to the Shadowlands, and Vol'jin's still kicking around in there, I wouldn't mind him assisting the player characters (either just the Horde, or even as a neutral figure) in his capacity as a particularly powerful dead guy in the service of a particularly powerful god of death. I just don't want to cleave to Vol'jin as the only possible leader for the Darkspear.

Best just move on, and develop new characters, so we don't end up in this boat again the next time Blizzard kills off the only Darkspear character.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:20 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post

A little cynical part of me thinks this is just PR and they don't actually have plans. Do I dare to dream?
Old 09-02-2016, 02:13 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
A big part of Shadows of the Horde was about how the Zandalari weren't particularly Troll-like because they held onto wanting an empire because they used to have an empire, and they just couldn't let it go. Vol'jin and the Darkspear, on the other hand, were more Troll-like than the other Troll tribes because they accepted the world as it was, and adapted to it.

Vol'jin's dead. Let's not cling desperately to the past by having him come back from the dead to lead the Darkspear.

Now, if we go to the Shadowlands, and Vol'jin's still kicking around in there, I wouldn't mind him assisting the player characters (either just the Horde, or even as a neutral figure) in his capacity as a particularly powerful dead guy in the service of a particularly powerful god of death. I just don't want to cleave to Vol'jin as the only possible leader for the Darkspear.

Best just move on, and develop new characters, so we don't end up in this boat again the next time Blizzard kills off the only Darkspear character.
Fair enough. New character would be neat, but I still like Vol'jin and I'm not gonna object if they wanna bring him back, especially because his death and his reign as Warchief have both been pathetic.

Tags
legion, world of warcraft