Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2011, 12:38 PM

Arch-Druid

i'm a werewolf, on a quest to cure myself. it's fun being one, and no drawbacks like there were in morrowind, but i prefer my one hand sword-healing-shield combat mechanic
Old 11-12-2011, 01:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
What do you guys think of it so far?
I have some minor problems (control scheme is a bit odd. Like I keep pressing escape to try and leave the inventory screen, but that doesn't, have to hit tab. As I've seen mentioned elsewhere, UI wise it seems pretty tailor made for consoles instead of a PC), but I am enjoying it otherwise.

Part of the enjoyment is just wandering through the countryside, which I just love. Blizzard-enshrouded areas, swamps, forests, all just beautiful to wander through.

And as an aside, Cicero of the Dark Brotherhood creeps me out so much. So very, very much.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:45 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Since UESP is relatively unpopulated right now, do you guys know if there are any leveled items or spells that I should hold out on collecting?
Old 11-12-2011, 02:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

I'm currently in Blackreach. Wow, just, wow. That location is literally epic and awe inspiring.
It's part of the main quest so don't ask me how to find it.

Also: level 38 and fully upgraded, 100 enchanting double enchanted Daedric armor and bow. Turbo-leveling smithing was easy thanks to the abundance of dwemer crap that can be smelted down (Thankfully horses allow fast traveling even when over encumbered. More than 1000 weight in smelt-able stuff). Leveling enchanting wasn't that easy, but doable.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:44 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
I'm currently in Blackreach. Wow, just, wow. That location is literally epic and awe inspiring.

Also: level 38 and fully upgraded, 100 enchanting double enchanted Daedric armor and bow. Turbo-leveling smithing was easy thanks to the abundance of dwemer crap that can be smelted down (Thankfully horses allow fast traveling even when over encumbered. More than 1000 weight in smelt-able stuff). Leveling enchanting wasn't that easy, but doable.
You have too much time on your hands.

But yea I still hope someone makes a mod that gives Khajiit and Argonians the digitrade legs they should have. Do love how easy installing mods is with Skyrim though.

Last edited by Leviathon; 11-12-2011 at 05:55 PM..
Old 11-12-2011, 08:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post

haha, wow, you've been busy.

I'm still chugging along on the Dark Brotherhood quests and its all been fun (and nerve wracking). Also running into some dragons while out in the wild can be...interesting (like when I was trying to scale a cliff, and then find myself blasted with frost breath).
Old 11-12-2011, 08:32 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

I wish I could join the Skyrim party

/tear
Old 11-12-2011, 09:14 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

that's it, i'm buying this game tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:36 PM

Elune

Sigh.. The biggest problem with all ES games.. Finding which class you want to play as.

Vampirism is clearly favored towards stealth classes.
I assume the wolf is for warriors.
Mages are damned OP any way you look at it.

Just, so much fun.

I'm thinking I'm going to end up settling on an Assassin (non-vampire, until people get some good mods out). though.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:41 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

is there a zombie warrior of some sort, or am i cursed to be a worgen if i wanna be a bamf?
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
Sigh.. The biggest problem with all ES games.. Finding which class you want to play as.

Vampirism is clearly favored towards stealth classes.
I assume the wolf is for warriors.
Mages are damned OP any way you look at it.

Just, so much fun.

I'm thinking I'm going to end up settling on an Assassin (non-vampire, until people get some good mods out). though.
I was gonna do a vampire mage, how good are they for Mages?
Old 11-12-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
I was gonna do a vampire mage, how good are they for Mages?
I think it's pretty redundant. It doesn't enhance any of your mage stats or skills, unless they've changed it since oblivion.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I think it's pretty redundant. It doesn't enhance any of your mage stats or skills, unless they've changed it since oblivion.
It's not only fairly useless for mages, but depending on if you join the mages guild, it's damn well detrimental with all the fire spells, and fire mages, and dragons breathing fire, and...well.. It's painful.

It's really only good for rogue characters, and even then the need to feed constantly to play the game is somewhat of a buzz kill. Oblivs system was better than morrowinds stock system, but I'll be damned if they can't do better.

I hope this time around someone mods in "vampire" clans like they had in ES3.

I kind of wish that they had turned vampirism into its own perk tree, allowing you to choose skills and perks from the Skyrim Vampires, Oblivions Vampires, or Morrowinds Vampires. And once again, no vampire factions that I've been able to find, something that went away with Morrowind as well.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:23 AM

>that feel when you can't play a Tremere in Cyrodile
Old 11-13-2011, 12:40 AM

Elune

Quote:
>that feel when you can't play a Tremere in Cyrodile
Was never a big WoD fan, though I guess I kinda enjoyed the old activision VTM games.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
Was never a big WoD fan, though I guess I kinda enjoyed the old activision VTM games.
More so the fact that the idea of a vampire magician/wizard appeals to me.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:47 AM

The Digger

So has anyone fought one of the dragon priests yet? I find it funny that they're significantly more dangerous than the beings they worship .
Old 11-13-2011, 03:08 AM

Finally got it installed. I'm in the first town- any quests I should pick up besides that one to find that guy's dragon claw talisman?
Old 11-13-2011, 04:30 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Finally got it installed. I'm in the first town- any quests I should pick up besides that one to find that guy's dragon claw talisman?
just roam around if you want. you can always come back to the main quest later

the game is awesome. only thing i REALLY REALLY hate is a bug with DW weapon sheathing that leviathon mentioned - the left hand weapon doesn't sheathe at all, it just dissapears when you lower your weapons. lame
Old 11-13-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackattack View Post
just roam around if you want. you can always come back to the main quest later

the game is awesome. only thing i REALLY REALLY hate is a bug with DW weapon sheathing that leviathon mentioned - the left hand weapon doesn't sheathe at all, it just dissapears when you lower your weapons. lame
Yeah, that bugged me too, I wonder if it's intentional or not.

It's a moot point since I'm going to run around with a spell in my offhand at all points. There's a wonderful sense of satisfaction one gets from setting a draugr on fire with a spell and some lantern oil dripping on the ground. I love environmental combat.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
Nothing too major. Memory serves you can hear about a kid in some town nearby (well, in Skyrim anyway) trying to summon the Dark Brotherhood. Gets you started on their questline, if you're interested. I believe you talk to the innkeeper (the husband at least) to hear about it.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:59 AM

Arch-Druid

This game.. I really don't know what to think of it. I bought it and played it for a while but it really doesn't captivate me as much as it does to everyone else I know that played it. I felt the same with Fallout 3, I guess it's a great game but I just find it difficult to get into. The "make your own story" gameplay that Bethesda has just doesn't do it for me. I'm going to force myself to continue playing though, hopefully it'll get better as I get further in.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
This game.. I really don't know what to think of it. I bought it and played it for a while but it really doesn't captivate me as much as it does to everyone else I know that played it. I felt the same with Fallout 3, I guess it's a great game but I just find it difficult to get into. The "make your own story" gameplay that Bethesda has just doesn't do it for me. I'm going to force myself to continue playing though, hopefully it'll get better as I get further in.
Enjoy your JRPGs then.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:22 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
I won't get to Skyrim for a long time but I felt the same about Oblivion. I get that the open-world, do whatever you want kind of defines the Elder Scrolls games, but there's no reason I can't also have an engaging story. The guild storylines get a little interesting, but the game is pretty flat in the story department, and I don't understand how anybody can get into Elder Scrolls lore.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:22 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Enjoy your JRPGs then.
I don't think I ever played JRPGs(except maybe FF1-3), they're all on playstation and I've played my games on PC & Nintendos. I just prefer games where there is a clear story, like Mass Effect, Dragon Age,The Witcher, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed,....

Tags
a lordaeron in cyrodil, best game ever, elder scrolls, elsweyr is lordaeron, n'wahs everywhere, video games