Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 09-26-2011, 04:42 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: A big point of nothing in space and time (i.e. Brisbane, Australia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
The best part about Dominion is that it can turn around very rapidly, you can be 50-300 and still come back from it.

As far as the champions in Dominion go, it's too early to tell which are bad champions to play. Earlier today I had a group with a Rammus that was bitching because we had 2 AD's(Ashe and me as Caitlyn). In the end we won with me at 1st spot and Ashe 2nd whilst that Rammus was last.
It's funny cos everyone is bitching about how Rammus is overpowered in Dominion.

Bad Rammus is bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killchrono View Post
Shut up and get in the bag, new guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
At least people notice me now. ;-;
Old 09-26-2011, 04:46 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Against uncoordinated groups of 5 the best way to win is basically Movement speed. Stealthers are also great for Hording ignored points that are usually close to the spawn point and Tanky dps are best for defending.

Thats what i have come to realise.

Run
Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 AM

Arch-Druid

After playing Dominion, I have decided it is fantastic and a really fun game mode. Haven't played enough to notice any glaring imbalances yet, though I'm sure they'll pop up.

Also, the Crystal Vale soundtrack is sex. God I love that music.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

Well I'm bored and Scrolls is moving slowly, so what other kind of game modes would work well in LoL or any MOBA or that you would like to see?
Old 11-01-2011, 12:09 PM

Arch-Druid

I found this somewhat amusing. Ignore the fact that this was a while ago and Keristrasza is not spelled right.

So on the topic of Dominion, it's a bit too new(?) for me. Late in the game, kills/deaths do not count towards the nexus health. Mobile characters that can cap a point rather quickly have nothing to lose since the opposing team has to send someone to try to stop them or risk losing. By the time you get there, the tower is already down.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:01 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Well I'm bored and Scrolls is moving slowly, so what other kind of game modes would work well in LoL or any MOBA or that you would like to see?
I had a long talk with my friend during our trip to Santa Fe about this. From champion design to map modes we pretty much covered the whole nine yards.

Map Modes...

Creep redirect - Players battle for control points that spawn creeps which go directly for the opponents nexus. Heroes can also defend against the creep waves themselves, but it's best to just push for control points (i.e. you can't stop all the superminions and keep up control points).

Last Stand - Each hero gets three resurrections (or another player can sacrifice one of theirs to bring back a team mate who has gone through their own). Heroes must redirect creep waves at the other team while simultaneously surviving waves sent at them. The trick here is to know when to starve heroes of gold and when to press (basically you're balancing out how you feed the enemy so they aren't able to handle certain waves).

Labyrinth - Players have to go through a trap/creep filled maze while collecting key fragments. The first group to get to the maze's center with all the key fragments wins the round. Players can slow their opponents down by activating traps or directly attacking them, but each Maze requires careful calculation on how to collect the fragments as fast as possible (i.e. some fragments are more than a one man job). Three rounds per match.

Overgrowth - The map slowly becomes overgrown or covered by environmental obstacles, forcing players to change tactics as they attempt to reach the enemy Nexus. Neutral creeps roam when displaced, causing players to keep on their toes. Clearing overgrowths can lead to strategic advantages such as better LOS or causing environmental damage to players.

Arena - Classic WC3 custom maps and the original MOBA style, players must farm up as quickly as possible to deal with team fights in arenas (with obstacles in place). The twist (Shyamalan!) is that instead of traditional creep fights you're collecting power-ups/downs similar to Mario Kart. You can choose to activate these at certain times during the arena fights in order to give your team the advantage. As well, players who are knocked out of things during the farming phase (either by their own negligence or enemy interference) are debuffed for part of their arena fight. (The advantages/disadvantages of taking on extreme bosses becomes more important to calculate as certain buffs can change the entire scope of a fight, while the loss/reduction of use of a hero is another).

Griefer - Players are remixed so that they and an opposing player must help each other get to a capture point while simultaneously keeping their opposite from getting farmed. Once at the capture point they have a chance to buy up and go into a team fight. If two teammates cross paths they can take out their opponents and keep going together, however crossing over requires a lot more skill and chance than just laning forward. After five cap points are taken a final team fight occurs with the owner of the most cap points getting a buff.

And those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:25 PM

Elune

My favorite Champion is Master Yi.

But I don't play him as Master Right Click like most do.

I play AP Yi. Nobody ever sees a 600 damage Alpha Strike coming.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Master Yi is the bane of my existence. I've lost so many games to him hit-and-running our inhibitors, it's not funny.

I mean sure, if we aren't defending our base properly we probably deserve it, but I've never seen another hero cap our base as frequently as Yi. Teemo is the only other one, and that's by a wide margin.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-02-2011, 07:07 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
My favorite Champion is Master Yi.

But I don't play him as Master Right Click like most do.

I play AP Yi. Nobody ever sees a 600 damage Alpha Strike coming.
I love me some Banshee Veils
Old 11-02-2011, 07:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
I love me some Banshee Veils
I have lots of Alpha Strikes. Plenty to go around.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:22 AM

Banished

When you face a bad team, ya. Good teams will send a committed assassin at your ass and make you blow up in 3 secs or just CC you to death because you're useless in between Alpha Strikes.
But there are a lots of AP Yis in Europe, so we're used to deal with them
Old 11-02-2011, 09:58 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
When you face a bad team, ya. Good teams will send a committed assassin at your ass and make you blow up in 3 secs or just CC you to death because you're useless in between Alpha Strikes.
But there are a lots of AP Yis in Europe, so we're used to deal with them
Can't blow up an AP Yi through Meditate.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
If you have a CC its quite easy .

Run
Old 11-04-2011, 01:30 PM

Banished

Quote:
Ya about that ... healing debuffs and interrupts would like a word with you
Don't get me wrong. He's viable in Solo Queue if you're good with him and get enough farm and his jungling is quite decent as well (although his ganks are very reliant on the lane or an Exhaust) but he suffers the two button syndrome and is easily countered.

Last edited by Lowtide; 11-04-2011 at 01:35 PM..
Old 11-13-2011, 08:45 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

My friends and I play LoL on the weekends, mostly just casual games, sometimes solo or duo-queue ranked. However, Season 2 is changing things up, including only allowing solo queue and 5-man ranked games. This poses a problem for us, we've only got four people together for team games. So who here wants to join our epically mediocre team and dominate ranked?

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:54 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
If you have a CC its quite easy .
So don't use it until CC is used. AP Yi is a defensive style, he's not going to explode through the enemy defenses like a full build Tryn is, but he can hold a tower by himself for a long time in early-mid game.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:48 PM

Arch-Druid

AP Yi is annoying, especially if you already blew your stuns. You can't really save a stun for meditate when there's someone else beating your face in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
My friends and I play LoL on the weekends, mostly just casual games, sometimes solo or duo-queue ranked. However, Season 2 is changing things up, including only allowing solo queue and 5-man ranked games. This poses a problem for us, we've only got four people together for team games. So who here wants to join our epically mediocre team and dominate ranked?
Sure if no one else here wants to.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

I tend to play LoL in spurts. A month or two of playing, then I stop suddenly and I don't play for a few months. When I do play I like playing as Tristana, Caitlyn or Annie. I guess I have a thing for playing female champions
Old 11-14-2011, 11:15 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

I play Maokai, and make "Got Wood" jokes, and leave my bomb guy to defend the spawn point.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:50 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

I just did Dominion for the first time... I was NOT expecting it to be such a drastically different playstyle. It was a clusterfuck, haha
Old 11-16-2011, 08:58 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malygos View Post
AP Yi is annoying, especially if you already blew your stuns. You can't really save a stun for meditate when there's someone else beating your face in.
No need to CC during Meditate. He's not doing anything, just demolish the actual threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
I just did Dominion for the first time... I was NOT expecting it to be such a drastically different playstyle. It was a clusterfuck, haha
My fun in LoL skyrocketed after starting to just goof around in Dominion (Homerun Evelyn! Invest everything in movespeed and just cap, cap, cap. It's epic). A real breeze of fresh air.

Any opinions on the new masteries? I'm not really sold, Offense feels way too powerful.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
No need to CC during Meditate. He's not doing anything, just demolish the actual threats
Good luck if it's under a turret.

I should point out that I like playing Yi the best but he's not my best champion. That would be Urgot.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:30 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Good luck if it's under a turret.

I should point out that I like playing Yi the best but he's not my best champion. That would be Urgot.
You usually aren't under a turret if you're the one attacking. If you are alone, people will just attack the tower instead and if your team is there, they will be killed while you're healing yourself up.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:54 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
You usually aren't under a turret if you're the one attacking. If you are alone, people will just attack the tower instead and if your team is there, they will be killed while you're healing yourself up.
A) I don't go on the offensive alone if I'm playing AP Yi. Even if I'm not I rarely go on the offensive alone unless I'm stupidly fed. This is a defensive champion build.

B) You overestimate the intelligence of the average LoL player. It's far, far more frequent for someone to keep hitting me thinking that they can kill me during Meditate while my team kills them because they're so used to Yi being squishy.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.

Last edited by Fojar; 11-16-2011 at 03:56 PM..
Old 11-16-2011, 04:46 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
B) You overestimate the intelligence of the average LoL player. It's far, far more frequent for someone to keep hitting me thinking that they can kill me during Meditate while my team kills them because they're so used to Yi being squishy.
Probably, I only play with irl friends and we'll yell hard enough when someone is fucking shit up. Pressing Tab will show what target you should be going for and which you should ignore at times.