Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-09-2014, 10:48 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Anywho, apparently there'll be a location named the Darkspear Edge in Warlords of Draenor, so while it's unlikely Vol'jin himself will show up to get in on the action, there's a chance we'll see the Darkspear run the show on at least one front in the upcoming expansion.

Anyone think that might be one way to see how the Horde operates under Vol'jin?
Old 04-09-2014, 10:51 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
Sassy is an accountant, why would I vote for her?

Gallywix is a shrewd, cunning businessman. And no goblin would do different, if they were in his position. I'd vote for him again if I could.
1. She's not just an accountant, if you paid attention during the islands questing you'd know that.

2. Gallywix is an idiot who repeatedly shot himself in the foot by trying to gut his own cartel.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Anywho, apparently there'll be a location named the Darkspear Edge in Warlords of Draenor, so while it's unlikely Vol'jin himself will show up to get in on the action, there's a chance we'll see the Darkspear run the show on at least one front in the upcoming expansion.

Anyone think that might be one way to see how the Horde operates under Vol'jin?
We can only hope.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-09-2014, 11:24 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
1. She's not just an accountant, if you paid attention during the islands questing you'd know that.
I admire her bravado, but I think she's too reliant on others to ever become a Trade Princess. That she never made a move to undermine <Player Name>'s schemes before Kajaro only proves that.

Quote:
2. Gallywix is an idiot who repeatedly shot himself in the foot by trying to gut his own cartel.
Great men are often vilified.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:30 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
I admire her bravado, but I think she's too reliant on others to ever become a Trade Princess. That she never made a move to undermine <Player Name>'s schemes before Kajaro only proves that.

Great men are often vilified.
1. Crazy thing, backstabbing is not the only way to prosper in business, in fact it can be counter-intuitive.

2. So are villains.

Don't get me wrong, Gallywix is a decent goblin leader.

Just not for the playable goblins.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-09-2014, 11:43 AM

Glaive Thrower

Vol'jin's Horde is utterly weak. Vol'jin will do nothing, while the stronger and more courageous Orc characters will lead the charge into Draenor.

Wish I could defect to the Iron Horde.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:37 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscream1 View Post
Vol'jin's Horde is utterly weak. Vol'jin will do nothing, while the stronger and more courageous Orc characters will lead the charge into Draenor.

we all do. Or at least live on draenor permanently away from scum'jin's leadership.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:40 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
we all do..
Quote:
you don't speak for everyone on what they want.
Delicious double standards.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:17 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Hey, lordearon boy, your never going to get your land back.

And you don't speak for people, just yourself.

Also, for those still trying to claim metzen has had any influence on the current lore development, well he hasn't, he's been to focused on other games to give a shit, he's left kosak in charge of the lore now, and kosak strokes himself at night thinking about vol'jin and looking up gay fanart of vol'jin to spank himself to, so it was obvious this would be the outcome.

But then, the lores become a pile of rancid shit these days, so its just another ball of crap in the pile.

Yeah... That doesn't exactly match up with my perception of reality. Vol'jin's development would have been handled more epically if that was truly the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscream1 View Post

The stronger and more courageous Orcs were complacent couch potatoes as Garrosh almost brought the Horde and Azeroth itself to ruin.

As the current Warchief, it is not Vol'jin's duty to go on a suicide mission. It's his job to make sure that suicide mission was worth it. To prepare for the Iron Horde invasion with the time it has bought him. To mobilize an army to charge through the Dark Portal and route whatever second invasion attempt the Iron Horde or anyone else might try.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:29 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Delicious double standards.
your face is a double standard sweetheart. someone needs a hug.

Quote:
The stronger and more courageous Orcs were complacent couch potatoes as Garrosh almost brought the Horde and Azeroth itself to ruin.

As the current Warchief, it is not Vol'jin's duty to go on a suicide mission. It's his job to make sure that suicide mission was worth it. To prepare for the Iron Horde invasion with the time it has bought him. To mobilize an army to charge through the Dark Portal and route whatever second invasion attempt the Iron Horde or anyone else might try.
so basically its vol'jins job to sit on his troll'gina and let everyone else do the work for him. Well we already know he's good at this.

Last edited by Tauren Paly; 04-10-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Old 04-10-2014, 11:32 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Vol'jin is doing better than what any Orc would do.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:33 AM

Banished

Quote:
your face is a double standard sweetheart
That's kind of amusing, in a "aww, kid's a retard, bless him!" way. I mean, it makes fuck all sense, but amusing all the same.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:18 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
your face is a double standard sweetheart. someone needs a hug.

so basically its vol'jins job to sit on his troll'gina and let everyone else do the work for him. Well we already know he's good at this.
Preparing an army isn't "sitting on his troll'gina". It's preparing an army, fortifying strongholds, planning a defense, plotting out a counter invasion, and then implementing it. It's also getting all the other Horde leaders to contribute even when they think it's not their problem.

You know. Leader stuff.

Also, with Stonard being destroyed and Dreadmaul Hold turning traitor, the closest Horde bases are probably in Stranglethorn Vale. As are the nearest Zeppelin Towers that could carry large numbers of Horde soldiers.

What would be cool is if we got to pick up a few local Trolls along the way to bolster Horde armies while the forces back home were still being mobilized. Transporting a large army across to another continent involves some logistics that need working out, while the local Trolls are already nearby. Conscript a bunch of those, and you've got yourself head start on countering the Iron Horde invasion.

The Alliance already has a very large presence on the continent, so it's easier to understand how they could more easily mount a response with their own forces.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
The stronger and more courageous Orcs were complacent couch pot
They weren't complacent couch potatoes since they helped Garrosh every step of the way. Any orcs left in the Horde post Siege were either too busy fighting somewhere else to help Garrosh or were complacent couch potatoes that didn't lift a finger one way or another.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Eternal

I just want to see how it will be different (if any) from Thrall's Horde.

See how it is before taking a crap all over it, as it were.

Can't really say much on Vol'jin's Horde if we haven't even seen much of it really...
Old 04-10-2014, 01:45 PM

Elune

Horde Flag

Maybe it's just because I like #savage things, but I like Vol'jin more without his pants than I do with.

It's #savage. I'd like to see more Horde characters running around bare-chested and in loin-cloths.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:26 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
Maybe it's just because I like #savage things, but I like Vol'jin more without his pants than I do with.

It's #savage. I'd like to see more Horde characters running around bare-chested and in loin-cloths.
I can dig it. Blade masters, Tauren Warriors, and Trolls. Heck, the pants looked like bad scaly blue-jeans anyway.

You know, I think I'm going to return to this thread before it becomes buried by the flood of "As a(n) _______ Player, why would I fight _____" Threads.

In regards to Vol'jin's policy toward other trolls. I'm not certain where he'd stand.

We know he rejects the Zandalari as their cast-based traditions stop other trolls from developing their own relationships with the Loa. The Gerubashi persecuted his people in the past. The Amani hate him as a Gerubashi and as an Ally to the Kingdom of Quel'thalas. He's got reasons to be against all of them.

On the other hand, he could go out trying to "liberate" other trolls from the Zandalari and their cast based oppression. He might even get a following, as the Zandalari have yet to actually succeed in bettering things for Trolls since the Sundering, while the Darkspear have ascended to global political prominence. He might try to establish dominance as leader of the Gerubashi, and while they wouldn't like it, they might accept it as he is kin to them. The Amani is a bit harder, especially with him being allied to the Blood Elves. Of course, the Amani could go full voodoo, make deals with what's left of the Cult of the Damned in the Ghostlands and become a zombie raisin terror. Maybe.

I don't see why the Sandfury or the Drakkari would have a problem with him, other than his actions against the Zandalari in the first place, but if that were so important to them, why did they leave the Zandalari in the first place?
Old 04-14-2014, 02:09 PM

Sentinel Queen

While I'm not going to get into the full Vol'jin discussion, I do think Vol'jin should rule the Echo Isles or a troll city in Stranglethorn rather then Orgrimmar.

I don't want the Darkspear Trolls to become Orcs, I want them to be trolls again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
We know he rejects the Zandalari as their cast-based traditions stop other trolls from developing their own relationships with the Loa. The Gerubashi persecuted his people in the past. The Amani hate him as a Gerubashi and as an Ally to the Kingdom of Quel'thalas. He's got reasons to be against all of them.
Gurubashi, the Darkspear were also once part of them, and they still share the same culture as well as Loa.

The Zandalar and Darkspear had a good relationship until the Rise of the Zandalari patch.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post

I actually agree on this part. All the big heavy armors just feel so counter to the warcraft III designs. I know the earlier designs had them more heavily armored, but the massive restrictive armors kinda feel out of place in Durotar, Mulgore, Barrens and the echo isles. Plus you know, fits more with free barbarians.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
While I'm not going to get into the full Vol'jin discussion, I do think Vol'jin should rule the Echo Isles or a troll city in Stranglethorn rather then Orgrimmar.

I don't want the Darkspear Trolls to become Orcs, I want them to be trolls again.

Gurubashi, the Darkspear were also once part of them, and they still share the same culture as well as Loa.

The Zandalar and Darkspear had a good relationship until the Rise of the Zandalari patch.
Well, Metzen has confirmed that he still plans for Thrall to be Warchief again.

So yeah. Little chance of Vol'jin remaining Warchief for so long that he becomes and Orc. I'm hoping he steps down to focus more specifically on Troll politics.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:33 PM

Sentinel Queen

Hope Vol'jin focuses on Troll politics more too.

Orcs should be orcs, not demonized villains, and Trolls should be trolls, not orcs.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Orcs should be orcs, not demonized villains, and Trolls should be trolls, not orcs.
Isn't that exactly what Orcs are?

Even if I want my Vanilla non-Warsong Orcs back.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:17 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Hope Vol'jin focuses on Troll politics more too.

he should go back to his island and do whatever shit he does there, leave orgrimmar to the orcs. its there city.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
he should go back to his island and do whatever shit he does there, leave orgrimmar to the orcs. its there city.
garrosh pls
Old 04-14-2014, 03:38 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
And it still is. It's not as though he's building ziggurats in the city. A Troll Warchief doesn't mean Orgrimmar stops being predominantly Orcish.

Though I do feel that given the distinct possibility of Thrall returning to the position before long, it might be a good idea for Vol'jin to find himself a cause to champion which he might better serve as something other than the Warchief, so that it doesn't just end with Thrall just showing up and saying "'kay, I want my job back now, scoot.".
Old 04-14-2014, 04:11 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
And it still is. It's not as though he's building ziggurats in the city. A Troll Warchief doesn't mean Orgrimmar stops being predominantly Orcish.

Though I do feel that given the distinct possibility of Thrall returning to the position before long, it might be a good idea for Vol'jin to find himself a cause to champion which he might better serve as something other than the Warchief, so that it doesn't just end with Thrall just showing up and saying "'kay, I want my job back now, scoot.".
why are people making this assumption? I've seen it floating around lately and it seems odd people would begin to assume this.
Don't get me wrong, I wanted Thrall back as warchief, or if not him then Saurfang or Nazgrim if he didn't join Garrosh's side. I can't stand that shit smelling troll as warchief anymore then garrosh.
But even with that, I lost any hope of blizzard doing the right thing, i mean they flat out said they wanted to return thrall, but decided on vol'jin instead because of negative fan reaction in cata. That tells me how little integrity the writers have for there on creations.

So honestly, even though I would love to see vol'jin piss off to lands affair and this story work itself out, it isn't going to happen.

Tags
here comes trollbane, horde bias, stromgarde>trolls, vol'jin