Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-06-2014, 10:55 PM

World Builder

Runes Alliance/Horde Cooperation Thread

How should it be handled? I'm all for "Might of Kalimdor" type cooperation but this stuff with Khadgar in WoD has me worried, I'm tired of all the heroes being generic good guys that both sides like because they have identical values of peace and honor and whatnot.

Sure it's okay for the Horde to -respect- Khadgar or know of him.

But do we have to like him?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-06-2014, 11:00 PM

Elune

Wait, is Khadgar neutral AGAIN in WoD?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:02 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Wait, is Khadgar neutral AGAIN in WoD?
No idea.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-06-2014, 11:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

The Horde needs to be made a client state of the Alliance. At least for a while.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 04-06-2014, 11:28 PM

Horde watch from the side-lines after being spat on by the Alliance.

Don't want them. Don't need them. They can go die for all the Alliance should care.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:33 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
How should it be handled? I'm all for "Might of Kalimdor" type cooperation but this stuff with Khadgar in WoD has me worried, I'm tired of all the heroes being generic good guys that both sides like because they have identical values of peace and honor and whatnot.

Sure it's okay for the Horde to -respect- Khadgar or know of him.

But do we have to like him?
The bolded shouldn't happen. The only cooperation between the factions should be the horde staying out of the Alliance's way. If you have a tentative cease fire between two factions that really dislike each other, the last thing you do is fight alongside them. People will 'accidentally' get swords, axes and knives in their backs from the other faction.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:17 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
The Horde needs to be made a client state of the Alliance. At least for a while.
No. It never ceases to amaze me just how much the Alliance fanbase forgets that the Horde fanbase exists and that they want a faction to proud of as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
Horde watch from the side-lines after being spat on by the Alliance.

Don't want them. Don't need them. They can go die for all the Alliance should care.
Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread. Your post surely captures the spirit that Skytotem was hoping to garner in this thread.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 AM

Elune

All we know is that that Khadgar talks to Durotan. Considering there's at least two big battles where the horde and alliance team up (Dark Portal and Shattrath), that says nothing about neutrality.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:47 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Cooperation ain't bad. Neutral factions telling everyone how stupid they are is bad.

I hope-suspect that we're dealing with the former.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:54 AM

Elune

Going to have to dust off the old ignore list again, it seems.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread. Your post surely captures the spirit that Skytotem was hoping to garner in this thread.
That's the problem. Just talking to the Horde is a concession. The Alliance should not want to interact with the Horde at all, under any circumstances.

The Horde should come crawling to the Alliance, begging and pleading to be allowed to do anything. Because that's how it's always been. The Alliance goes to the Horde and offers itself up to them.

The Horde has caused the Alliance no end of grief and has never offered up anything to soothe those wounds. The Horde always acts strong and in control. The Alliance has never held the Horde's feet to the fire. It has always acted weak and subservient.

The Horde needs to earn the right to cooperate with the Alliance. By acting nice and respectful. I know, crazy, right? Actually behaving themselves and having a little patience.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:06 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
That's the problem. Just talking to the Horde is a concession. The Alliance should not want to interact with the Horde at all, under any circumstances.

The Horde should come crawling to the Alliance, begging and pleading to be allowed to do anything. Because that's how it's always been. The Alliance goes to the Horde and offers itself up to them.

The Horde has caused the Alliance no end of grief and has never offered up anything to soothe those wounds. The Horde always acts strong and in control. The Alliance has never held the Horde's feet to the fire. It has always acted weak and subservient.

The Horde needs to earn the right to cooperate with the Alliance. By acting nice and respectful. I know, crazy, right? Actually behaving themselves and having a little patience.
Your sense of what's nice and respectful seems awfully subservient to the Alliance. You do realize that people play Horde, right? You do want people to actually enjoy the other half of the game that's outside of the Alliance faction player experience, right?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 AM

Elune

At some point people are going to need to ask themselves if they want Horde players to be happy or if they want a consistent story that makes sense.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:59 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
At some point people are going to need to ask themselves if they want Horde players to be happy or if they want a consistent story that makes sense.
Of course, but this does not need to be a mutually exclusive as you are making it out to be.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:07 AM

Elune

Quote:
Of course, but this does not need to be a mutually exclusive as you are making it out to be.
But they are mutually exclusive if what Horde players want is their faction to stand strong, proud, and be a force to rival the Alliance in the wake of a catastrophic defeat at the hands of the Alliance.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:17 AM

Sentinel Queen

Actually I do not see the issue. The problem is that some people take pride in being able to destroy half the world. I take pride in solving day to day issues with my Horde characters.

No problem with the Alliance being superior for the moment or forever. I only get problems when the Alliance despite being spread thin lorewise, having had massive casualties etc. suddenly acts as world police.

I know real life examples hurt but it would be as if the exhausted British Empire tried to order the world around after WW2 without financial help and support from US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:17 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
But they are mutually exclusive if what Horde players want is their faction to stand strong, proud, and be a force to rival the Alliance in the wake of a catastrophic defeat at the hands of the Alliance.
You are aware that most of the Horde rebelled against Garrosh, right?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:23 AM

Elune

Quote:
You are aware that most of the Horde rebelled against Garrosh, right?
You're aware that everyone in the Horde that isn't the Orcs are weak right?
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:27 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
You're aware that everyone in the Horde that isn't the Orcs are weak right?
Then isn't lucky that orcs helped out too in the rebellion?

Whatever the case, it was not as nearly one-sided as you are making it out to be.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:29 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Quote:
Then isn't lucky that orcs helped out too in the rebellion?
Orcs are by no means the most powerful race, not the best at war.

Each race has its own skills and contributed to its war machine.

Thing the Horde lacks is population, and the ability to work together. The alliance have always been better at that.

What the horde going to do after? Nothing, I think absolutely nothing. It won't be breached much until the end of WOD.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:36 AM

Sentinel Queen

Weakness as in having the numbers or the tools or in spirit, magic or what else?

The whole discussion does not make sense without clear cut definitions about what we are actually talking about. What is the strength in this matter? Is the strength measured in regard between the two factions solely or with neutral factions in mind including Burning Legion and Old Gods? Or Iron Horde?

More: Does it even matter that the Horde is weaker than the Alliance in face of those threats where the Alliance is not able to police both the Horde and defend against an outside attack at the same time? In my opinion trying to order the Horde around as the Alliance is doomed to fail when fighting another overwhelming army. But it just me, don't let it disturb you in your fictional strength contest without taking external factors in. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:46 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

If the Alliance and Horde are forced to cooperate it should be as separate forces. Imagine the Broken Front without Horde asshatery. When the Alliance charges the Broken Front the Horde instead attacks on another front, thus forcing the foe to split their forces.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:48 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
If the Alliance and Horde are forced to cooperate it should be as separate forces. Imagine the Broken Front without Horde asshatery. When the Alliance charges the Broken Front the Horde instead attacks on another front, thus forcing the foe to split their forces.
Exactly. Though I don't mind a few 'Wrathgate'-scenarios either.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:59 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

It really doesn't matter. Blizzard is going to fuck it up. If they work together or avoid each other, we'll get another wrathgate, broken front, toc, or gunship battle. If we fight, we'll work together despite everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
It really doesn't matter. Blizzard is going to fuck it up. If they work together or avoid each other, we'll get another wrathgate, broken front, toc, or gunship battle. If we fight, we'll work together despite everything.
Pretty much.

Tags
blaming horde players, cycle of forum hatred, factions are dumb, fanwank, horde bias, horde is definitely evil, horde must kowtow in mud, hordocrisy, the cycle begins anew, victimization thunderdome