Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,519

Runes Alliance/Horde Cooperation Thread

How should it be handled? I'm all for "Might of Kalimdor" type cooperation but this stuff with Khadgar in WoD has me worried, I'm tired of all the heroes being generic good guys that both sides like because they have identical values of peace and honor and whatnot.

Sure it's okay for the Horde to -respect- Khadgar or know of him.

But do we have to like him?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Wait, is Khadgar neutral AGAIN in WoD?
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,519

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Wait, is Khadgar neutral AGAIN in WoD?
No idea.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-06-2014, 11:22 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

The Horde needs to be made a client state of the Alliance. At least for a while.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Westlee Westlee is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,085

Default

Horde watch from the side-lines after being spat on by the Alliance.

Don't want them. Don't need them. They can go die for all the Alliance should care.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Kynrind Kynrind is offline

Arch-Druid
Kynrind's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
How should it be handled? I'm all for "Might of Kalimdor" type cooperation but this stuff with Khadgar in WoD has me worried, I'm tired of all the heroes being generic good guys that both sides like because they have identical values of peace and honor and whatnot.

Sure it's okay for the Horde to -respect- Khadgar or know of him.

But do we have to like him?
The bolded shouldn't happen. The only cooperation between the factions should be the horde staying out of the Alliance's way. If you have a tentative cease fire between two factions that really dislike each other, the last thing you do is fight alongside them. People will 'accidentally' get swords, axes and knives in their backs from the other faction.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,279

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
The Horde needs to be made a client state of the Alliance. At least for a while.
No. It never ceases to amaze me just how much the Alliance fanbase forgets that the Horde fanbase exists and that they want a faction to proud of as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
Horde watch from the side-lines after being spat on by the Alliance.

Don't want them. Don't need them. They can go die for all the Alliance should care.
Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread. Your post surely captures the spirit that Skytotem was hoping to garner in this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 AM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,788

Default

All we know is that that Khadgar talks to Durotan. Considering there's at least two big battles where the horde and alliance team up (Dark Portal and Shattrath), that says nothing about neutrality.
__________________
This is not a signature.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-07-2014, 01:47 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,961

Default

Cooperation ain't bad. Neutral factions telling everyone how stupid they are is bad.

I hope-suspect that we're dealing with the former.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-07-2014, 01:54 AM
Frostwolf Frostwolf is offline

Elune
Frostwolf's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,441

Default

Going to have to dust off the old ignore list again, it seems.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-07-2014, 02:33 AM
Westlee Westlee is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,085

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread. Your post surely captures the spirit that Skytotem was hoping to garner in this thread.
That's the problem. Just talking to the Horde is a concession. The Alliance should not want to interact with the Horde at all, under any circumstances.

The Horde should come crawling to the Alliance, begging and pleading to be allowed to do anything. Because that's how it's always been. The Alliance goes to the Horde and offers itself up to them.

The Horde has caused the Alliance no end of grief and has never offered up anything to soothe those wounds. The Horde always acts strong and in control. The Alliance has never held the Horde's feet to the fire. It has always acted weak and subservient.

The Horde needs to earn the right to cooperate with the Alliance. By acting nice and respectful. I know, crazy, right? Actually behaving themselves and having a little patience.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-07-2014, 03:06 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,279

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
That's the problem. Just talking to the Horde is a concession. The Alliance should not want to interact with the Horde at all, under any circumstances.

The Horde should come crawling to the Alliance, begging and pleading to be allowed to do anything. Because that's how it's always been. The Alliance goes to the Horde and offers itself up to them.

The Horde has caused the Alliance no end of grief and has never offered up anything to soothe those wounds. The Horde always acts strong and in control. The Alliance has never held the Horde's feet to the fire. It has always acted weak and subservient.

The Horde needs to earn the right to cooperate with the Alliance. By acting nice and respectful. I know, crazy, right? Actually behaving themselves and having a little patience.
Your sense of what's nice and respectful seems awfully subservient to the Alliance. You do realize that people play Horde, right? You do want people to actually enjoy the other half of the game that's outside of the Alliance faction player experience, right?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 AM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

At some point people are going to need to ask themselves if they want Horde players to be happy or if they want a consistent story that makes sense.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-07-2014, 04:59 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,279

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
At some point people are going to need to ask themselves if they want Horde players to be happy or if they want a consistent story that makes sense.
Of course, but this does not need to be a mutually exclusive as you are making it out to be.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:07 AM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Of course, but this does not need to be a mutually exclusive as you are making it out to be.
But they are mutually exclusive if what Horde players want is their faction to stand strong, proud, and be a force to rival the Alliance in the wake of a catastrophic defeat at the hands of the Alliance.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:17 AM
Afaslizo Afaslizo is offline

Sentinel Queen
Afaslizo's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 947

Default

Actually I do not see the issue. The problem is that some people take pride in being able to destroy half the world. I take pride in solving day to day issues with my Horde characters.

No problem with the Alliance being superior for the moment or forever. I only get problems when the Alliance despite being spread thin lorewise, having had massive casualties etc. suddenly acts as world police.

I know real life examples hurt but it would be as if the exhausted British Empire tried to order the world around after WW2 without financial help and support from US.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
Did they just say the BL is worse than the Old Gods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:17 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,279

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
But they are mutually exclusive if what Horde players want is their faction to stand strong, proud, and be a force to rival the Alliance in the wake of a catastrophic defeat at the hands of the Alliance.
You are aware that most of the Horde rebelled against Garrosh, right?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:23 AM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
You are aware that most of the Horde rebelled against Garrosh, right?
You're aware that everyone in the Horde that isn't the Orcs are weak right?
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:27 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,279

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
You're aware that everyone in the Horde that isn't the Orcs are weak right?
Then isn't lucky that orcs helped out too in the rebellion?

Whatever the case, it was not as nearly one-sided as you are making it out to be.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:29 AM
belorealah belorealah is offline

Arch-Druid
belorealah's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: England
Posts: 1,165
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Then isn't lucky that orcs helped out too in the rebellion?
Orcs are by no means the most powerful race, not the best at war.

Each race has its own skills and contributed to its war machine.

Thing the Horde lacks is population, and the ability to work together. The alliance have always been better at that.

What the horde going to do after? Nothing, I think absolutely nothing. It won't be breached much until the end of WOD.
__________________
Increasingly jaded and whiny with wow lore

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:36 AM
Afaslizo Afaslizo is offline

Sentinel Queen
Afaslizo's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 947

Default

Weakness as in having the numbers or the tools or in spirit, magic or what else?

The whole discussion does not make sense without clear cut definitions about what we are actually talking about. What is the strength in this matter? Is the strength measured in regard between the two factions solely or with neutral factions in mind including Burning Legion and Old Gods? Or Iron Horde?

More: Does it even matter that the Horde is weaker than the Alliance in face of those threats where the Alliance is not able to police both the Horde and defend against an outside attack at the same time? In my opinion trying to order the Horde around as the Alliance is doomed to fail when fighting another overwhelming army. But it just me, don't let it disturb you in your fictional strength contest without taking external factors in. . .
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
Did they just say the BL is worse than the Old Gods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:46 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

If the Alliance and Horde are forced to cooperate it should be as separate forces. Imagine the Broken Front without Horde asshatery. When the Alliance charges the Broken Front the Horde instead attacks on another front, thus forcing the foe to split their forces.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:48 AM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
If the Alliance and Horde are forced to cooperate it should be as separate forces. Imagine the Broken Front without Horde asshatery. When the Alliance charges the Broken Front the Horde instead attacks on another front, thus forcing the foe to split their forces.
Exactly. Though I don't mind a few 'Wrathgate'-scenarios either.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:59 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,693
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

It really doesn't matter. Blizzard is going to fuck it up. If they work together or avoid each other, we'll get another wrathgate, broken front, toc, or gunship battle. If we fight, we'll work together despite everything.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,279

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
It really doesn't matter. Blizzard is going to fuck it up. If they work together or avoid each other, we'll get another wrathgate, broken front, toc, or gunship battle. If we fight, we'll work together despite everything.
Pretty much.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blaming horde players, cycle of forum hatred, factions are dumb, fanwank, horde bias, horde is definitely evil, horde must kowtow in mud, hordocrisy, the cycle begins anew, victimization thunderdome

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.