Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 04-19-2019, 11:02 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Then why is it a bannable offense on the WoW forums and Overwatch tournaments and why are people on twitter defending it.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:22 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Then why is it a bannable offense on the WoW forums and Overwatch tournaments and why are people on twitter defending it.
Because they don't want to bother trying to figure out if someone was just doing it normally or trying to be sneaky.
Like it or not, associating things with each together means people will associate them with each other. For example, in the West, most people will probably assume certain things about someone if they wear a shirt with a manji on it.
Member #14
Old 04-20-2019, 01:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Because they don't want to bother trying to figure out if someone was just doing it normally or trying to be sneaky.
Like it or not, associating things with each together means people will associate them with each other. For example, in the West, most people will probably assume certain things about someone if they wear a shirt with a manji on it.
And milk is racist because racists drink it and flaunt their shiny, Eurocentric lactose tolerance.

Yes that is what many SJW idiots have been led to believe by a handful of channer trolls.

You guys have completely lost the plot.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:57 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
And milk is racist because racists drink it and flaunt their shiny, Eurocentric lactose tolerance.

Yes that is what many SJW idiots have been led to believe by a handful of channer trolls.

'many'?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-20-2019, 11:06 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Are you sure we're reading the same script?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:17 AM

Elune

Quote:

No, that one never caught on. Try to pay attention.
Member #14
Old 04-20-2019, 05:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

When dogwhistles get exposed, racists find new ones to spread around. Sadly, they often co-opt innocuous or obscure symbols (see: swastika) so they can keep flying under the radar.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
When dogwhistles get exposed, racists find new ones to spread around. Sadly, they often co-opt innocuous or obscure symbols (see: swastika) so they can keep flying under the radar.
I'm just gonna tell you the same sagely advice you told me the other day on discord.

You need to get our head out of the faction war's ass, except in this case it's RL political factions and not WoW factions.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
I'm just gonna tell you the same sagely advice you told me the other day on discord.

You need to get our head out of the faction war's ass, except in this case it's RL political factions and not WoW factions.
Are you serious right now? Because a video game story is just as important as real life?

Come on man, get real. I don't think you are seeing clearly with that gigantic chip on your shoulder.

Do I need to spell it out? Horde and Alliance are not real. No one is dying because of the Warcraft faction bullshit. I'll repeat my sagely advice: please do get out of the faction war's ass. Because it is clearly screwing with your perception of reality if you are equating its to real world issues and bringing it up here for some reason.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:06 PM

Elune

Quote:

You'd be surprised. Just a week or two ago I saw someone with the symbol of the 2nd SS Panzer Division on their car. Most people wouldn't recognize it (for reference, it looks like this) There really aren't many reasons someone would do that.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 04-20-2019 at 07:23 PM..
Old 04-20-2019, 06:59 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
When the checks on Republican power are removed,
When some checks on Democratic power are allowed to exist, yes...

Quote:
you will be able to overturn laws that made abortion legal. I understand how that would appeal. You will also be able to secure stronger rights for corporations
Everyone thinks they understand economics. Experts with equal levels of education and experience will stare at the same piece of information, come to completely opposite conclusions, and ridicule the other for getting it wrong. I'm not convinced it's a science, so much as an art.

I'm not afraid of corporations at the moment.

Quote:
and illegalize gay marriage.
Government-defined marriage is an obsolete relic. None of the parties are mature enough to figure that out yet; they'll scream to keep the government out of the
bedroom, and then rush to organize a system that's nominally all about that. The sheer amount of blind spots from all of them is nauseating.

People get married for tax convenience; elderly couples remain unmarried for similar reasons. Many get married but have separate bank accounts. It's all a joke, completely unrelated to household economies or anyone's understanding of love.

Quote:
Do you not consider it worrisome that Democratic justices are dying out?
You have to understand, that I consider those justices to be enemies of social justice. So I'll be fine.

Quote:
Do you think our democracy will survive a one party system, as long as it's your party?
Some issues are more important than a political balance of power.

Look. For example, more and more Republicans are abandoning the opposition to gay marriage. Yet somehow, that still didn't make us a Democrat one-party state.

Quote:
EDIT: And another thing. Have those people who insisted for so long that first global warming was a hoax, then that there wasn't any evidence it was man-made, then that it wasn't anything to worry about, finally accepted that maybe they were, as I know Republicans so hate to be told, on the wrong side of history? Or are we still in denial of some kind?
Last I heard, a lot of them say the climate change happens regardless of man-made stuff. I'm not with them.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
I'm not afraid of corporations at the moment.
I think there are some pretty good reasons you should be. I could list some for you.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:06 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
I think there are some pretty good reasons you should be. I could list some for you.
More afraid than the government itself monopolizing control?

Regardless, I'm also not convinced that Democrats care to stop corporations.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:10 AM

World Builder

Quote:

1. Yes, I am more afraid of increasing corporate overreach INTO Govt because that's the root of most govt abuse.

2. Most don't but the folks decried as radical like Ocasio-Cortez are the ones most likely to be genuine in that desire and that's what we need atm, folks who will push back at corporate overreach and force businesses to make concessions to appear less... 'two steps from a cyberpunk dystopia'

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-21-2019, 06:37 AM

Elune

Quote:
Are you serious right now? Because a video game story is just as important as real life?

Come on man, get real. I don't think you are seeing clearly with that gigantic chip on your shoulder.

Do I need to spell it out? Horde and Alliance are not real. No one is dying because of the Warcraft faction bullshit. I'll repeat my sagely advice: please do get out of the faction war's ass. Because it is clearly screwing with your perception of reality if you are equating its to real world issues and bringing it up here for some reason.
He says, after unironically making a big deal out of hand gestures or emojis, calling people racist if they use them.

My advice still stands, buddy boy.

On that note, everyone's dying. It sucks, but if you're going to bring that up then there are better things to do to help against that than obsessively post on a dying WoW fan site. Even then I doubt you will save everyone, you are too mired in personal bias and tribalism to care.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 04-21-2019 at 07:02 AM..
Old 04-21-2019, 10:48 AM

Elune

Quote:
He says, after unironically making a big deal out of hand gestures or emojis, calling people racist if they use them.

On that note, everyone's dying. It sucks, but if you're going to bring that up then there are better things to do to help against that than obsessively post on a dying WoW fan site. Even then I doubt you will save everyone, you are too mired in personal bias and tribalism to care.
You're not saying anything here. Your point is just relying on nihilistic and semantic bullshit of "nothing actually means anything and nothing is real."
Member #14
Old 04-21-2019, 01:10 PM

Elune

Quote:

1000% yes. Corporations have more power in many ways than governments. They aren't paying any taxes despite making billions that the middle class will never, ever see; they can act unilaterally across international borders; the have terrifying access into our private lives; they manipulate us with targeted ads with info gleaned from their access to our private lives; they are wantonly exploiting the environment and hold the lion's share of the blame for climate change; they have unprecedented access and influence in state and federal governments. Corporations have never been trustworthy because their incentives are economic before they are moral or ethical, we've been at this for over a century.

Generally, the current Dem primary field seems pretty keen on curbing the power of corporations, and making them pay their fair share. Whether they actually follow through is another matter, but the younger generation of progressives, at least, seems pretty done with corporations fucking us over.

Quote:

If you have some specific objection or dispute with what I said, I'm all ears. But what you've said is just nonsense. Can we please talk about real things instead of vacuous equivocation.

Last edited by Saranus; 04-21-2019 at 01:14 PM..
Old 04-21-2019, 03:05 PM

World Builder

Quote:
I missed it, where did Saranus do that?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-21-2019, 06:02 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I seem to recall something about some attempt to make the okay hand an alt-right symbol after the roaring success of turning the otherwise innocuous Pepe into such a brand, but I haven't seen anything that would make me take it seriously.

EDIT: Although Grim isn't making any political or social points that I can see, I think he's right that some of you people are being unnecessarily obnoxious about these things. You're not going to convince every neo-nazi to stop being a bad person, but by mocking and dismissing the words of generally decent people like Grim and Grackle you will at best accomplish nothing and at worst may swing them a little further into the Enemy's camp.

We're all reasonable adults here, right? Shitposting and trolling may be well and good in subjects that don't matter, like WoW, but let's try to take real life a little more seriously and think before we antagonize our would-be friends.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Anansi; 04-21-2019 at 06:07 PM..
Old 04-21-2019, 06:54 PM

World Builder

Quote:
I seem to recall something about some attempt to make the okay hand an alt-right symbol after the roaring success of turning the otherwise innocuous Pepe into such a brand, but I haven't seen anything that would make me take it seriously.

EDIT: Although Grim isn't making any political or social points that I can see, I think he's right that some of you people are being unnecessarily obnoxious about these things. You're not going to convince every neo-nazi to stop being a bad person, but by mocking and dismissing the words of generally decent people like Grim and Grackle you will at best accomplish nothing and at worst may swing them a little further into the Enemy's camp.

We're all reasonable adults here, right? Shitposting and trolling may be well and good in subjects that don't matter, like WoW, but let's try to take real life a little more seriously and think before we antagonize our would-be friends.
Where was Grim or Grackle trolled? I came into this when I saw Grim strawman WizardlySaranus and felt it was unfair.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-21-2019, 08:14 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Where was Grim or Grackle trolled? I came into this when I saw Grim strawman WizardlySaranus and felt it was unfair.
Saran and K have been talking shit, but it might be argued that Grim came in spoiling for a fight.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2019, 10:04 AM

Elune

Quote:
Although Grim isn't making any political or social points that I can see, I think he's right that some of you people are being unnecessarily obnoxious about these things. You're not going to convince every neo-nazi to stop being a bad person, but by mocking and dismissing the words of generally decent people like Grim and Grackle you will at best accomplish nothing and at worst may swing them a little further into the Enemy's camp.

This is nuts. As you acknowledge in your first sentence, he's not exactly on topic. Grim is the one shitposting and concern trolling. He's not engaging in good faith, just deflecting and equivocating. But somehow I'm the bad guy for calling it what it is. Why are you defending this bullshit?

I'm not really concerned with how "generally decent" someone is, I'm taking them at their word in the context of the ongoing conversation. Grim is concern trolling, dismissing, and equivocating about some pretty serious topics, and equating them to wow faction trolling. That comes across as pretty damn obnoxious to me.

Could you please explain to me how exactly I'm "talking shit"? What I said may not have been "nice" strictly speaking, but at least it's on topic and isn't bad faith equivocations.

Your post reads like this: "Yes, he is posting off topic nonsense, but lets be nicer to each other and stay on topic."

Don't let yourselves be gaslit by alt-right sophistry.

Last edited by Saranus; 04-22-2019 at 10:25 AM..
Old 04-22-2019, 10:17 AM

World Builder

Quote:

Don't let yourselves be gaslit by alt-right sophistry.
I don't think Grim's alt-right, he's just a little acerbic at times.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-22-2019, 10:26 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I don't think Grim's alt-right, he's just a little acerbic at times.
I don't necessarily think he is either, but he is coming pretty close to parroting some of their more common talking points.

That's what makes it so insidious. People who probably don't believe terrible things are doing the work of genuinely terrible people out of some misguided sense of "fairness" to the other side. The alt-right doesn't give a rats ass about fairness. They hide behind it to protect their abhorrent ideas from legitimate scrutiny.

Last edited by Saranus; 04-22-2019 at 10:42 AM..
Old 04-22-2019, 04:29 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
This is nuts. As you acknowledge in your first sentence, he's not exactly on topic.
Well no, because at this point he's respond to your attacks. Should have made that clear in my original post.

Quote:
People who probably don't believe terrible things are doing the work of genuinely terrible people out of some misguided sense of "fairness" to the other side. The alt-right doesn't give a rats ass about fairness. They hide behind it to protect their abhorrent ideas from legitimate scrutiny.
So stop playing their game. Stop giving the undecided and the wavering any more reason to hate or resent you!
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
realspace, serious business