Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-17-2014, 02:29 PM

Chimaera

Default Garrosh's Alignment

So I was using the forum's (terrible) search function, trying to find an awesome what-if post someone made about Illidan becoming emperor of the Kaldorei and the druids getting exiled to Quel'thalas (if anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'd love to see it again) and I came across this little gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post

Thread Title: Which Lore Character would best be considered Chaotic Neutral

[...]

As for Chaotic Good... Nah I can't think of anybody in WoW like that except that douche Garrosh.
That post was made in 2009, almost half a decade ago (!!! damn, makes me feel old...how many hours have I wasted here?) So, quite a bit has happened since them. Garrosh was still the untried leader of the Warsong Offensive back in those days, getting lectured to by Saurfang (who was still relevant back then) and answering to Thrall. A lot has changed since then.

Perhaps Garrosh was once chaotic good. Anyone agree? He saw himself as being on the good side, and he was certainly not happy with the current lawful situation, ie having to answer to his superior.

As WotLK progressed, and then moreso through Cata, I see him as becoming far less chaotic and much more lawful, since now HE was the law. His spying program, harsh disciplinarian style, and demands of personal loyalty ("I AM the Horde") i'd say he drifted more into the lawful camp. Whether he was still 'good'? eh...

More importantly: Where is Garrosh's alignment nowadays? Even though he was a 'bad guy' and villain, was he 'evil'? As warchief one might argue that he was lawful neutral. Now, with his whole Prophet to the Iron Horde schtick and said results, does that put him in the evil camp? Or is he still good, as he's doing what's best for his own kind?

Bonus question: Was there any point during which Garrosh was not a douche?
Old 04-17-2014, 02:42 PM

Arch-Druid

He's textbook Lawful Evil nowadays IMO. He's an iron-fisted tyrant who does a ton of shitty things in the name of conquest.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:44 PM

Elune

At this point he's chaotic evil.

Though I prefer retarded evil.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:59 PM

Sentinel Queen

Garrosh's alignment changes every 2 hours.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
It really doesn't
Old 04-17-2014, 03:15 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
Yeah, that sounds about right.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:16 PM

Elune

The nine classic alignments are silly and restricting.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:23 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

He's MTG Red. I'm going to do an MTG alignment/ color thread when I can get on a real computer.