Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 05-08-2017, 10:01 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
just reread the info dump. Can't believe I misread that. Hmm. Ill have to rework a few things when I get the time. For somereason I read that as "They do have a hivemind but also communicate through sound and pheremones".

I love the basic idea, but there are some holes and things still present before I post it completely. Ill add it to the list. Sorry.
No problem, I'm interested in seeing where it all goes.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-08-2017, 11:38 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Could we get a map with place names and maybe the spread of geopolitical power? Who controls which regions, which regions are disputed, and maybe which regions are home to different races and societies?

It would also be helpful to have a summary in the original post of which projects, races, and themes each of us is working on. And while we're at it, why not a list of each of the known races, with a brief summary of each?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
How about a faction/cult of humans who want to restore mankind's glory. But they don't want to do it the old fashioned way: raising, training, and feeding armies, conquering lands and all that other hard and tedious work.

They want to restore man's empires to glory. Like literally. They want to return mankind's cities, armies, nations, etc. at their height in the past to the present time in localized time bubbles all around the world. They are looking all over the world for the secrets of time magics. And fucking around with time magic should make the other races and nations a bit nervous for obvious reasons. Many people live in places that used to be human lands at the height of their power.
Ugh. Time travel is the worst. Such a mess.

Expect the xysticids to look unkindly upon this endeavor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:46 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Could we get a map with place names and maybe the spread of geopolitical power? Who controls which regions, which regions are disputed, and maybe which regions are home to different races and societies?

It would also be helpful to have a summary in the original post of which projects, races, and themes each of us is working on. And while we're at it, why not a list of each of the known races, with a brief summary of each?

Ugh. Time travel is the worst. Such a mess.

Expect the xysticids to look unkindly upon this endeavor.

Once Sara and Ruin pick which continents their respective groups are based on I should be able to put one up.

Yeah, I started updating the original post with your info and I'm gonna stick in the summary and then start on Yaska and Gromak's later today.

Also yeah, no offense to Sara but I'm expecting the Timeless Cult to face some serious opposition.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Conflict is kinda the idea right? A world without some existential threats would be pretty dull. I envision my humans as desperate and backed into a corner, but also quite cunning and tricky. Their plan isn't really a plan as much as it is, get as much stuff time traveled to the present before the powers that be catch on and do something about it. They are laying down the track just barely ahead of the runaway train. They know they are outmatched and overpowered in any direct conflict, so they are just throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. They are the epitome of "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it". Also, to borrow a phrase, they are like chimpanzees with a machine guns when they use time magic. Expect calamitous disasters and nightmare horrors when their rituals fail or the calibrations are slightly off.

As for the metaphysics of time travel, I'll let others decide if they want. I bet the xysticids know more about chronomancy anyway. However, they aren't trying to avoid tampering with the past. In fact, it's their explicit goal. They don't care how much it may or may not fuck with timelines. They just want humanity's best throughout history all assembled in one time and place.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:18 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I dislike the idea of multiple timelines. If we're going to have time travel, let's try to keep it to a single world with pockets of aberration, rather than resolving paradoxes by just splitting the timeline. Time travel should have cosmic consequences, but those consequences should all be contained wholly within the same cosmos.

I figure time travel should be circular, if not necessarily stable. You can't fuck with the past without having already felt the effects of your fuckery.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-08-2017, 01:29 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
Conflict is kinda the idea right? A world without some existential threats would be pretty dull. I envision my humans as desperate and backed into a corner, but also quite cunning and tricky. Their plan isn't really a plan as much as it is, get as much stuff time traveled to the present before the powers that be catch on and do something about it. They are laying down the track just barely ahead of the runaway train. They know they are outmatched and overpowered in any direct conflict, so they are just throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. They are the epitome of "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it". Also, to borrow a phrase, they are like chimpanzees with a machine guns when they use time magic. Expect calamitous disasters and nightmare horrors when their rituals fail or the calibrations are slightly off.

As for the metaphysics of time travel, I'll let others decide if they want. I bet the xysticids know more about chronomancy anyway. However, they aren't trying to avoid tampering with the past. In fact, it's their explicit goal. They don't care how much it may or may not fuck with timelines. They just want humanity's best throughout history all assembled in one time and place.
Good point. But be careful what you wish for

Uh, don't they realize then they're why humanity's best disappeared from a lot of those different time periods? Or that humanity's collapse was partially from them yanking the best and brightest away from the events they were supposed to be part of?

Quote:
I dislike the idea of multiple timelines. If we're going to have time travel, let's try to keep it to a single world with pockets of aberration, rather than resolving paradoxes by just splitting the timeline. Time travel should have cosmic consequences, but those consequences should all be contained wholly within the same cosmos.

I figure time travel should be circular, if not necessarily stable. You can't fuck with the past without having already felt the effects of your fuckery.
I support this concept, keeps things tidier.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-08-2017, 08:27 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I figure one more reply from you, Skytotem, and I'll lead the group into the city and issue a description so your characters can do their first impression properly.

Where's everyone going? I figure the captain and Verz are both more or less headed off on their own, the latter to do some research and the former who knows where. Shall we say everyone else sticks together for now, so that we have at least one named xysticid in each party?

Stistchisth speaks Grutharin pretty well, but I'm not sure she's aware that 'tit' is already a word. She might know about the bird.

For reference, the Tribunal (in this case meaning the hall in which the recent proceedings took place, rather than the recent proceedings themselves or the xysticids who officiated them) looks strikingly like the throne room of a marble palace, but on closer examination the smooth, pearl-white floors are too thoroughly devoid of blemish to be that stone. There are also no windows, nor any obvious light sources, though everything is perfectly well-lit. Curtains of gold and silver are hung over apertures that lead into deeper chambers, where the Tribunal (in this case referring to the xysticid officials themselves) do most of their work. There are also tapestries in a wide variety of colors hanging from the walls. The ceiling is domed, but smooth, without the struts or supports typical of large-scale human architecture. It is, of course, all made from a dense mesh of luminous silk.

By the way - is anybody besides Skytotem and I actually reading Chronicles of Solthris? I mean, it's fun to write for writing's own sake, but it'd still be nice to have an audience.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-08-2017, 08:53 PM

World Builder

Quote:
I figure one more reply from you, Skytotem, and I'll lead the group into the city and issue a description so your characters can do their first impression properly.

Where's everyone going? I figure the captain and Verz are both more or less headed off on their own, the latter to do some research and the former who knows where. Shall we say everyone else sticks together for now, so that we have at least one named xysticid in each party?

Stistchisth speaks Grutharin pretty well, but I'm not sure she's aware that 'tit' is already a word. She might know about the bird.

For reference, the Tribunal (in this case meaning the hall in which the recent proceedings took place, rather than the recent proceedings themselves or the xysticids who officiated them) looks strikingly like the throne room of a marble palace, but on closer examination the smooth, pearl-white floors are too thoroughly devoid of blemish to be that stone. There are also no windows, nor any obvious light sources, though everything is perfectly well-lit. Curtains of gold and silver are hung over apertures that lead into deeper chambers, where the Tribunal (in this case referring to the xysticid officials themselves) do most of their work. There are also tapestries in a wide variety of colors hanging from the walls. The ceiling is domed, but smooth, without the struts or supports typical of large-scale human architecture. It is, of course, all made from a dense mesh of luminous silk.

By the way - is anybody besides Skytotem and I actually reading Chronicles of Solthris? I mean, it's fun to write for writing's own sake, but it'd still be nice to have an audience.
Excellent, I should be able to get it posted in the morning, sadly I don't quite have it in me tonight.

Everyone except the Captain and Verz are going to go eat.

Yeah Furoq is going to ask to call her Stith.

Thanks, description helps me picture the place a bit better, they're all gonna have questions.

Also for Yaska, sadly the coin came up tails so the ships near Ourothris did not see any elves as they headed back to the Dominion.

Flipped a second coin though, congratulations! One of the two remaining Queens has just started producing a Devourer (if this one had come up heads there would've been a new aerial breed instead)

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-09-2017, 10:51 AM

Priestess of the Moon
BattleTag: Samael#1487

Quote:
You've been keeping me entertained quite well -- both in watching the story and the process. Lead on, teacher.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:52 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
You've been keeping me entertained quite well -- both in watching the story and the process. Lead on, teacher.
Awh, thank you so much!

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-09-2017, 02:35 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Not every xysticid is a polyglot. It's fairly common for xysticids to understand multiple foreign tongues in the cities closest to the shoreline, and in Erasteraschni itself, but elsewhere it's far more common for xysticids to only understand their own language.

Anyone whose job involves the potential need to interact with outsiders (such as hunters), is required to be trained in a few of the most common languages of Solthris. In any Tribunal, it is required that at least the Weaver be fluent in all the rest.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-09-2017, 02:56 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

I'll answer questions and such tomorrow after work and before raid. Unless I fall asleep or get stuck on getting myself a new car. Soon this 7 day in a row work schedule hell is over.
also working on a bigger info dump concerning technology, animals, how the battlefields of the west looks and such. imagine Imperial lands like Talador or Zul'drak. I'm going to make the empire more high magic and spelljammer. Most of the zone urbanised, covered with roads, magic railways, cities and organised magic farms and groves.
Then imagine all that fallow and in ruins, covered with clusters of lokusi hives. With only the Elven Magi daring to enter such a death zone. Imagine a group of young magi on a mission to prove themselves capable enough for advancement in the ranks, boarding a working but damaged magic mass transportation to reach inner sections that is unreachable by air or land due to the large number of lokusi.

On the western front, imagine a muddy river bank covered with fortification, barricades and ditches, the stench of the dead heavy and the soul broken conscripts enduring whatever break in the deadly fighting smoking some semi-narcotic leafs that takes the edge off before they face the Lokusi again.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 05-09-2017 at 03:08 PM..
Old 05-09-2017, 03:51 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Not every xysticid is a polyglot. It's fairly common for xysticids to understand multiple foreign tongues in the cities closest to the shoreline, and in Erasteraschni itself, but elsewhere it's far more common for xysticids to only understand their own language.

Anyone whose job involves the potential need to interact with outsiders (such as hunters), is required to be trained in a few of the most common languages of Solthris. In any Tribunal, it is required that at least the Weaver be fluent in all the rest.
Good, I'd been wondering about that

@Yaskaleh, my sympathies, perhaps those lands may find new relief though, the dominion ships that were at Ourothris have arrived back home, ships to the south are meeting up and trading info, each set of ships plans to continue to the opposite port but they've copied each other's logs so even if something bad happens to either group all the information gets back

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-09-2017, 07:01 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Good, I'd been wondering about that
Also, the Weaver's purview isn't precisely 'beauty,' but something closer to 'the Truth revealed and inspired by the harmonious mechanism of a well-calibrated system.' The xysticid word for this idea can't be translated exactly into any other language.

'Wisdom' and 'cunning' are also pretty rough approximations of more sophisticated concepts, but they more closely match their respective Tribune's function than 'beauty' matches the intended purpose of the Weaver.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-09-2017, 11:21 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Also, the Weaver's purview isn't precisely 'beauty,' but something closer to 'the Truth revealed and inspired by the harmonious mechanism of a well-calibrated system.' The xysticid word for this idea can't be translated exactly into any other language.

'Wisdom' and 'cunning' are also pretty rough approximations of more sophisticated concepts, but they more closely match their respective Tribune's function than 'beauty' matches the intended purpose of the Weaver.
I was wondering why they didn't just use Truth but the latter part of that (harmonious especially) explains it.

Also, props to Yaska for a Zul'drak inspired magitek landscape, that'll be interesting to traverse.

The a reminder, OP of the thread is updated, lemme know if it needs any corrections or revisions in yalls opinions.

In the interests of convenience I'll update the main post with any further info at the end of each week.

For now here are some Grutharin Dominion Animal Life, links go to 'general ideas'

Surdra: Most favored amongst orcs and hobgoblins but found in all Dominion settlements south of the bogrins chilly mountains, these reptilian creatures can grow up to 4.5ft in length, and can withstand extreme temperatures, nesting comfortably in hot coals or open flames. It is not known when they were first domesticated but records of them sleeping in orcish forges or hob/gob ashpits predate the first Lokusi attacks. They are commonly used to root through scorched battlefields to root out any injured Lokusi or hidden eggs. Surdra are very adaptable and live as comfortably in rocky terrain as they do in swampy terrain, though different breeds have developed different colorations in such areas over time. Most surdras carry an incendiary or acidic compound in a throat-pouch which they will spit at their prey. They are not tremendously social creatures, but are obedient, loyal, and even friendly when properly trained.

Skull-Slimes: A miracle of goblin slime-weaving, the creation of slimes that were not simply objects or chemicals but 'creatures' in their own right, was one of the most unexpected developments in the Dominion's history. While some slimes are 'feral' these generally do not get much larger than a fist and are considered harmless pests. Larger slimes that can be controlled are created using a drop of the slimehandlers blood, the skull (Brain MUST be intact!) of a recently deceased animal, and a basic slime-mold-mixture. Once stewed together for three days in mild heat the slime is 'born' and removed from its fermenting jar, the skull usually serving as a protective cover around a nucleus 'brain' for the slime. Generally new slimes are about a foot in diameter but can grow much larger, though most settle at somewhere between 2-4ft for pets or battle-slimes, which were delightfully effective against Lokusi hives, and even in battle against swarms once the slimes had grown large enough. Slime behavior varies, although the vast majority are simply obedient some display what can be seen as playful or low level social behavior, it is believed the creature used in the slime's construction can affect its intelligence but any differences tend to fade after a few months.

Drezarc: Large, ferocious, mammalian creatures, they range from a mere 3ft long to as long as 6ft, depending on the breed. Their massive jaws make them a favorite among orcs and bogrin who make raids down into Lokusi territories to rip through soft-bodied workers or crunch harder shelled foes, as well as to make short work of more mundane prey. Many of the largest are even utilized as mounts, while some Grutharin will keep three or four smaller drezarc as traveling companions or as 'guardarcs'. Like most large carnivorous beasts in the Dominion's employ they are fed a mix of true meat and protein-slime cultured by the Dominion's weavers to keep them sated. They are generally very sociable creatures, and some settlements keep semi-domesticated packs nearby as early warnings against Lokusi or other wild beasts.

Gludron: Hard-shelled and docile, these mammalian creatures are popular throughout the Dominion, where they are farmed for their meat and to fashion their hides into armor. Some breeds are kept as mounts, beasts of burden, pets or even warbeasts, particularly amongst gremlins and ogres. Their heavy tails are ideal for fending off predatory animals when traveling between Dominion settlements or in the wild, and they're also of great use mashing Lokusi. The creatures burrows can sometimes weaken structures, so they tend to be kept in more rural areas or under monitoring in larger settlements to avoid causing any trouble. Most grow somewhere between 4.5ft and 7ft long, but some ogre breds Gludron can grow up to 14ft long, becoming living siege weapons against Lokusi hives. They are generally regarded as cute and easy to tame but stupid by much of the Dominion, though well-bred specimens can be surprisingly intelligent.

Thernok: These creatures are found all across the Dominion and serve in myriad roles depending on their breed, with larger variants pulling carts or as labor in construction, while smaller ones serve as pets, warbeast, or livestock. They straddle the line between reptile and mammal, and their intelligence and behavior vary wildly. Humans would consider them as running the gamut of roles from housecat and guard-dog, to horse and oxen. Some have large horns or fangs, while others have no teeth at all and instead swallow their prey whole.

EDIT:

after some consideration, Manticore and Tarrasque will also feature and I'll work out details for them soon.

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 06-24-2017 at 08:51 PM..
Old 05-10-2017, 06:23 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I can't remember if I specified this already, but xysticid 'airships' tend to work on the principle of spider ballooning. The don't really look like much, even up close, but a skilled xysticid pilot can sail them pretty much anywhere the wind blows.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-10-2017, 06:39 AM

World Builder

Quote:
I can't remember if I specified this already, but xysticid 'airships' tend to work on the principle of spider ballooning. The don't really look like much, even up close, but a skilled xysticid pilot can sail them pretty much anywhere the wind blows.
You'd mentioned stealth balloons but not specifically how their airships related to mundane spider ballooning, are the ships pretty thin then? I'm having trouble picturing them then.

Also, I found this while looking at videos of spider ballooning

Inspiration!

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-10-2017, 02:22 PM

Elune

meh, Im just gonna not contribute.

I just dont have time anymore. bleh.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:31 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
meh, Im just gonna not contribute.

I just dont have time anymore. bleh.
Don't be such a party pooper. none has you on a schedule. Write and add stuff when you feel you have a moment. Brain storm when doing menial stuff and contribute once you feel prepared.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 05-10-2017, 05:08 PM

World Builder

Thinking of sticking an ad for the project / forums as a whole on mmo champ or Giant in the playground forums, maybe reddit, but I'm worried in the gitp forums it might come across as poaching, thoughts?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-10-2017, 05:12 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Thinking of sticking an ad for the project / forums as a whole on mmo champ or Giant in the playground forums, maybe reddit, but I'm worried in the gitp forums it might come across as poaching, thoughts?
Too many cooks. Let's keep it simple for now.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-10-2017, 06:43 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Inspiration!
PhTx3, the neurotoxin employed by my beautiful Brazilian Wandering babies, sounds like it would make a good basis for xysticid venom, not to mention a pretty rad band name.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-10-2017, 06:52 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Too many cooks. Let's keep it simple for now.
Good point, might end up with like 12 people instead of 1 or 2 new ones

@Brazilian venom: now that is just sadistic

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-11-2017, 12:26 PM

Eternal Watcher

On the Elven Gods and what's different from their iteration in Solcu:

The elves worship 12 deities with the sun as the 13th deity that acts as a superior over-deity.

The four elder deities were born from the life-giving sun.

Rahman, the Lord of Light.

Rahman is the elven god of light, air, sky, day and the the heavens. Represented by the Golden Lion of the Heavens. Brother of Heliset and husband of Arianrhod. A gentle and wise god that keeps his gaze to the stars. This image persisted for millennium before the rise of the godking. The teachings of the godking tells of him as a stern and powerful god that burns away all darkness and wickedness with searing light.
One of the three types of elven healing magics are performed in his name, that of the Soothing Light.
(In Solcu he was the king of the gods because of Asmodis betrayal.)

Asmodis, the Patriarch King.

Asmodis is the elven god of fatherhood, patriarchy, rule of law, tradition, hierarchy and nobility. Represented by the Celestial White Dragon. Brother of Arianrhod and husband of Heliset.
A stern and righteous god, ruling the gods with an unbending and just hand. Once the main deity of the kingdom of the west that dominated the whole region before the birth of the empire. Their High king acted informally as the representative of Asmodis, a role that the later Shahs would continue. Has lost much of his influence and power with the fall of the empire and the death of the imperial clan.
(In Solcu Asmodis got corrupted by Shalangesh the Defiler and became the Vampire god of Slavery.)

Heliset, The Queen of Darkness.

Heliset is the elven goddess of darkness, night, the moon, death and mourning. Represented by the Nether Black Dragon. Sister of Rahman and wife of Asmodis. A cold and mysterious goddess that is veiled in black. She protects the sleep of the dead and the living from the terrors of the dark. Was the main deity of the Eastern Hegemony under the power Matriarchs. Became second to Asmodis with the merging of the Matriarchs' clan with the High king and his kin. Has risen to great prominence again in the East with the fall of the empire.
(Has about the same role as in Solcu.)

Arianrhod, The Mother Weaver.

Arianrhod is the elven goddess of motherhood, fate, wisdom, secrets and love of kin. Represented by the Ethereal Weaver Spider. Sister of Asmodis and wife of Rahman. A warm and loving goddess. She keeps the order and peace of the family and watches over the mothers and children. She's the keeper of secrets and wisdom, weaving the fate of elves with her ethereal thread.
Less prominent than the other elder gods but every household keeps an idol of her above the hearth.
(In Solcu gets lured into corruption by Shalangesh the Defiler, becoming the goddess of hatred, greed, envy and murder.)

That's the first four of the twelve gods.

Edit:

Next are the children of the elder gods:

Isuria, The Arcane Mistress.

Isuria is the elven goddess of intellect, magic and knowledge. Represented by the Arcane Sky Eagle. Daughter of Asmodis and Heliset, wife of Bhasr. The mystical master of the arcane arts. One of the rarer deities, only worshiped by those gifted with magic. Statues of her with a pointy hat and long staff are prevalent in the floating cities of the Elven Magi.
One of the three types of elven healing magics are performed in her name, that of the Mending Waters.

Artise, The Huntress of the Wilds.

Artise is the elven goddess of hunting, archery, winter, frost and the wilds. Represented by the Frost Phoenix. Daughter of Asmodis and Heliset, wife of Magnis. Elves that walk the wilds whisper prayers to the Huntress. The wild forest elves of the north hold her as the foremost deity, seeking her protection as they dare the deadly shadows of the northern forests and mountains.

Mohira, the Lady of Fortune.

Mohira is the elven goddess of fortune, luck, trickery and lust. Represented by the illusive Crimson Shadowfox. Daughter of Asmodis and Heliset, lover of Zethus. The most popular of the younger gods, especially in the East and the empire. The elves are a people that embraces their urges and needs, seeking pleasure and enjoyment to fill their long lives. Despite their hedonistic ways are they loyal to the concept of family. Promiscuity is common among the elves but they do not see kind to those that does not look after their own offspring, thus permanent couples with children are the guiding principle. It is not that uncommon for a healthy elven couple to have more than a dozen or two children over the hundred years that elves remain fertile, though years commonly pass between each birth.

Loraeis, The Dancing Minstrel.

Loraeis is the elven god of music, art, poetry, revelry and intoxication. Represented by the Imperial Crane. Son of Asmodis and Heliset, husband of Amatera. A god that is revered by all but only worshiped by minstrels and artists.

Amatera, The Earth Maiden.

Amatera is the elven goddess of earth, nature, cultivation and compassion. Represented by the Sablemane Wildrunner Horse. Daughter of Rahman and Arianrhod, wife of loraeis. The goddess of the earth and nautre, most beloved of farmers and other elves that work close to nature.
One of the three types of elven healing magics are performed in her name, that of Nature's Rejuvenation.

Bhasr, The Shaper.

Bhasr is the elven god of crafting, forging, and building. He's represented by the Divine Black Bull. Son of Rahman and Arianrhod, husband of Isuria. The patron god of all those that create and build weapons, buildings and other crafts.

Magnis, The Firehearted Warrior.

Magnis is the elven god of passion, combat, strength, fire and summer. He's represented by the Fire Phoenix. Son of Rahman and Arianrhod, husband of Artise. The fiery god of war, his hair is fire itself and his great sword is covered in incinerating flames. The elves are not an overtly martial people, thanks to their long period of peace during imperial times. The Lokusi changed that and now the fires of battle burn in their hearts once again, tempering them back into a force of war to be reckoned with.

Zethus, The Thunderlord.
Zethus is the elven god of justice, retribution, honour, courage and lightning. He's represented by the Primordial Thunder Wolf. son of Rahman and Arianrhod, lover of Mohira. The Thundergod is one of the least worshiped gods of the elves. Though elves call upon him when they need courage to succeed through hardship and when grievances call for justice but those that directly worship him exist as three distinct orders.

The Judicators are a non-martial order that can see past all lies and trickery to arrive at the truth to deliver justice. They're employed by governments to monitor the judicial systems.

The other two are the Stormknights and the Thundersouls.

The Stormknights are an order of chivalry that train in the martial art of the spear and lance. clad in heavy armour, they're a force to be feared on any battlefield where they show up.
The Thundersouls are a monastic order of ascetics that spend their lives honing their body and souls with thunder and lightning.

For centuries they kept to their few monasteries in the mountains of Western Ourothris until the lokusi began to lay siege to the great fortress that blocks the main path through the mountains that divides the West from the imperial lands. The remnants of the imperial legions held the fortress and passes for weeks as the West prepared their rarely used forces. It was the knights and the ascetics that answered the plea for assistance in time. As the walls began to crumble under the massive Lokusi assault did they come.

The Stormknights swept over the lokusi like a storm on calm waters. Deafening and blinding thunder and lightning turned the night into day as they slew the lokusi in the thousands.
The Thundersouls held the other passes. Unaffected by the harsh elements, clad only in simple robes and loincloths. Thunder and lightning coursed through their veins and skin like blueish-white tattoos as their fists and hammers obliterated any lokusi that came near them. The imperial legion remnants and the two orders held back the flood of Lokusi day and night, stacking their broken and charred bodies to the skies.

After a month of relentless fighting did a great Devourer arrive before the gates of the fortress. Even the Stormknights fell to it's relentless might. The Ordermaster himself challenged the great monster at the broken gates. A Revered Eldest of the Thundersouls backed him up against the Devourer. The beast proved to be the greatest foe they had ever faced but they proved victorious with the might of the Ordermaster's artifact lance called World's Thunder and the godlike fists of the Revered eldest.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 05-11-2017 at 03:36 PM..
Old 05-11-2017, 07:36 PM

Chimaera

Anansi, your interest in, familiarity with, and appropriation of spiders is equal parts terrifying and horrifying

Also, your xysticid spiderfolk are curious, well-imagined, potent nightmare fuel. (nice work so far, btw) As a personal favor, could you please refrain from posting any more spider related images in the thread...keep em in external links...pretty please? I love where this is all going and I don't want to get chased out of this thread lol. That stuffed spider video you posted is enough to give me the willies.

(btw, nicely done )

A question...a hypothetical scenario... an unfortunate individual washes up on Istos and gets snatched up to face a tribunal. The poor fellow is horribly arachnophobic, however, and from the moment of his capture onwards is a whimpering blubbery mess of panic, stress and horror. Even though he is judged to be no threat and have no ill intent, he also isn't much use to them since merely being in the presence of a xysticid puts him into a level-ten stressout wailing panic mode.

What do the dear learned spider folk do with such an unfortunate creature? Dump him on the shoreline? Kill him to put him out of his misery? Make a human-shaped puppet strung up by silken strands from the ceiling and try to communicate that way? Or would they actually judge him a threat after all?

On another subject, I'd love to get in on the world-building. I've got what I think is a pretty ok story with a few new concepts and races, as well as some ancient history, that i'd like to offer up for inclusion. Honestly, I'm just stuck on which continent to set the story on.

Last edited by Al'Akir; 05-11-2017 at 07:40 PM..

Tags
collaboration, solthris, worldbuilding