Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 08:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
Durotan is a fine chief and character, what are we nitpicking now, that hes related to Thrall? Please.
I have no real problem with Durotan, I just feel that it was a waste to introduce this heretofore unknown sibling, play up how bad a leader he'd be, and then not make anything of it.

I think it would have been much more interesting to see Ga'nar grow, find himself, and become a true leader. He could have become what Garrosh should have been in the MU. It would have been a pretty interesting parallel.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:31 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
They've never explored the old chieftains in the game, and thats pretty much the point of this, it would have been terrible to get rid of him. Especially since hes pretty much one of the few level headed chiefs.

Also if they aren't bringing Durotan or any notable chieftain, they aren't bringing AU characters like Yrel sorry to tell you. I'll say it again, they will end up as the AU Draenor leaders at the end with a pact.
Then I'd rather not have Yrel. Bringing existing characters back changes the expansion from "cool way to look at Warcraft's past" to "excuse to get new characters without having to think up any actual new ones".
Old 09-20-2014, 08:33 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I think him being a hothead might still be enough though, because right now Blizzard has seemingly planted this notion that if you have intense emotions you're going to be a raid boss. Albeit Varian was a different case, but Ga'nar could be as well.
No, that's defitenly not the case, he wasn't bound to be Raid boss, even though most people say it sacasticly, hes just hotheaded in the sense that he wasn't really chieftain material, very reckless and brash, but still an honorable and respected warrior. Nothing to do with beeing a boss
Old 09-20-2014, 08:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I think him being a hothead might still be enough though, because right now Blizzard has seemingly planted this notion that if you have intense emotions you're going to be a raid boss. Albeit Varian was a different case, but Ga'nar could be as well.
Varian was probably supposed to be a raid boss at some point. I have a feeling that had things been a bit different with Garrosh (since they have already stated he was either gonna be the best hero or the best villain, though arguably you can give him both depending on how WoD ends up), Varian would have been the conflict driver, which is obviously the route they were taking late Wrath, and he would have been the Raid Boss.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Then I'd rather not have Yrel. Bringing existing characters back changes the expansion from "cool way to look at Warcraft's past" to "excuse to get new characters without having to think up any actual new ones".
I'd still take Yrel.

The Draenei need new lore figures. She's perfect for that.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:37 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
That's why I said they'll end up as Draenor's leaders, to give them clousure, once we depart (if we even do). It's so obviously forshadowed.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
No, that's defitenly not the case, he wasn't bound to be Raid boss, even though most people say it sacasticly, hes just hotheaded in the sense that he wasn't really chieftain material, very reckless and brash, but still an honorable and respected warrior. Nothing to do with beeing a boss
A lot of raid bosses tend to consist of former brash hot-heads, it's not sarcasm when people expect an overly emotional person to become one. It's kind of a well-known pet peeve I have with Blizzard.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:39 PM

Elune

Eh, I don't think Yrel will remain behind, she may feel that her duty to protect the Draenei extends to her MU brethren.

There is no way they develop her this much just to leave her behind. Plus, at least for the Draenei, they still have the other remaining Exarchs.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:40 PM

Elune

I still very much doubt that Yrel will be left behind.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:42 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Remember that in the original datamined Gorgrond quests (back when she and Maraad were lovers) Yrel said after the Iron Horde was defeated, she planned to come to Azeroth as, with Velen dead (who at that time was her uncle), there was no reason for her to remain in Draenor. So Blizzard has at least considered her coming with us.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:44 PM

Eternal

What happens on Draenor should stay on Draenor.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:53 PM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Can I mention that I love that Blizzard brought Dark Irons to this expansion? This'll be their first time contributing to an Alliance offensive, it shows how they're moving forward as a people and for the record, I like how Hansel Heavyhands from the Thorium Brotherhood is working with us. Should've kept that Ariok around as a counterpart, if you ask me.

I mean, Thaelin Darkanvil is a perfect example of a Dark Iron who's not a complete lunatic/bastard. Likes fire and explosions but has a conscience, uses dwarven engineering and isn't a jerk? Sold. Also, I like how he's part of the fight against the Blackrock in Gorgrond and Talador since, as he puts it, "Few people know the Blackrock clan better than Dark Iron dwarves."
Old 09-20-2014, 08:54 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
Can I mention that I love that Blizzard brought Dark Irons to this expansion? This'll be their first time contributing to an Alliance offensive, it shows how they're moving forward as a people and for the record, I like how Hansel Heavyhands from the Thorium Brotherhood is working with us. Should've kept that Ariok around as a counterpart, if you ask me.

I mean, Thaelin Darkanvil is a perfect example of a Dark Iron who's not a complete lunatic/bastard. Likes fire and explosions but has a conscience, uses dwarven engineering and isn't a jerk? Sold. Also, I like how he's part of the fight against the Blackrock in Gorgrond and Talador since, as he puts it, "Few people know the Blackrock clan better than Dark Iron dwarves."
It's actually really competent writing to have them include the Dark Iron like that. It's weird, isn't it?
Old 09-20-2014, 09:07 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
It's actually really competent writing to have them include the Dark Iron like that. It's weird, isn't it?
Shockingly Blizzard isn't incompetent 5% of the time.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Varian was probably supposed to be a raid boss at some point. I have a feeling that had things been a bit different with Garrosh (since they have already stated he was either gonna be the best hero or the best villain, though arguably you can give him both depending on how WoD ends up), Varian would have been the conflict driver, which is obviously the route they were taking late Wrath, and he would have been the Raid Boss.
So...Jaina is going to be a raid boss?
Old 09-20-2014, 09:10 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
"Few people know the Blackrock clan better than Dark Iron dwarves."
That is brilliant.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-20-2014, 09:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
So...Jaina is going to be a raid boss?
She was already a 5 man boss.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:36 PM

Elune

Apparently the garn mount from Nok-karosh is unique in that it only drops one mount, and everyone who joins in has to roll on it. And it isn't bound to you, so you could possibly sell it.

That...won't be pleasant.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Apparently the garn mount from Nok-karosh is unique in that it only drops one mount, and everyone who joins in has to roll on it. And it isn't bound to you, so you could possibly sell it.

Well, they did mention other ways of making gold...

...also, *DING DING DING.* The following GenDis forum drama is scheduled for one fall!
Old 09-20-2014, 09:43 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post

That's just brutal, especially since it patrols around the zone.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post
Well, they did mention other ways of making gold...

...also, *DING DING DING.* The following GenDis forum drama is scheduled for one fall!
Hah true, that's definitely one way.

I'm just glad there's other wolf mounts to get, though I admit the one he drops does look quite cool.

Quote:
I can only imagine the teeth gnashing that will ensue. And any idea on its spawn timer? Because that will just be the icing on the cake if its not that often.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:49 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
Add in no flying and we'll have literally herds of people roaming Frostfire looking for that thing.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:51 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liuv View Post
Add in no flying and we'll have literally herds of people roaming Frostfire looking for that thing.
That's perhaps the most non casual thing that will exist in current WoW.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:03 PM

Elune

I'd be upset if that was the only wolf available to Alliance, but as it is there's a LW one and the Stables questline's too.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
I'd be upset if that was the only wolf available to Alliance, but as it is there's a LW one and the Stables questline's too.
Kor'kron War Wolf too.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft