Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

View Poll Results: Faction
Alliance 5 83.33%
Horde 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 01-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,031

Neutral Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
That's a really weird position to take, to me. I first started being seriously interested in video game lore with Zelda, where the forum I visited decided word of god trumps in-game stuff in all scenarios.

So I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but it's such an odd stance to me.
That's an untenable position, though. Particularly when major portions of the in-game story start to percolate around a trend or eventuality that is being outright denied by CDev damage control.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
  #252  
Old 01-12-2013, 02:52 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

It's called ''Not taking every bunch of garbage they throw at you''.

Quote:
Durr Blizzards game, they can do whatever they want so dont bitch about it.
Ever heard of criticism you fucking idiot?
  #253  
Old 01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,081

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
It's called ''Not taking every bunch of garbage they throw at you''.



Ever heard of criticism you fucking idiot?
Your avatar suits you well
  #254  
Old 01-12-2013, 03:00 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Your avatar suits you well
Indeed. But honestly, I'm really sick of ass kissing idiots popping in from time to time.
  #255  
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Gadinhad Gadinhad is offline

Banished
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,825

Default

Who is the idiot? I need in on this drama.
  #256  
Old 01-12-2013, 03:02 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadinhad View Post
Who is the idiot? I need in on this drama.
Cod1
  #257  
Old 01-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Bryn Bryn is offline

Arch-Druid
Bryn's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,180

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Stop posting this schlock. Their intro page and Nathanos' account imply that they had no awareness while this happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
Forsaken wank in a thread about Varian’s love life? Really, guys? But I like source-checking, so…

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Intro Page
When the Lich King’s grasp on his vast armies faltered after the Third War, a contingent of undead broke free of their master’s iron will. Although this freedom seemed to be a blessing at first, these former humans were soon tormented by memories of the unspeakable horrors that they had committed as mindless Scourge agents.
As for Nathanos, if his original backstory is even still canon, I think it implies that he did remember.

Quote:
I woke as Scourge. For so long I was helpless. My mind had coalesced with the Lich King's. She came for me... somewhere, somehow, I knew she would.
  #258  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,835
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

His backstory is not canon. They changed it in the edited version of In the Shadow of the Sun to something that, really, didn't need to be changed.
  #259  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Bryn Bryn is offline

Arch-Druid
Bryn's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,180

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
His backstory is not canon. They changed it in the edited version of In the Shadow of the Sun to something that, really, didn't need to be changed.
I know, but since Fojar decided to use it as evidence anyway...

Actually, I thought he didn't count the racial intro pages as canon either, so who knows.
  #260  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:56 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Because ITSOTS is totally more reliable than Nathanos telling HIS story himself
  #261  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,835
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Because ITSOTS is totally more reliable than Nathanos telling HIS story himself
I'm not quite sure I agree. How would Lor'themar (and Rommath?) know about how exactly Nathanos was risen, whether or not he served in the Scourge, or whatever? At best they can be told by one of the other Forsaken, who may have simply given him the party line.
  #262  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Erthad Erthad is offline

Elune
Erthad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stromgarde
Posts: 9,550
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Because ITSOTS is totally more reliable than Nathanos telling HIS story himself
It's newer so yeah.
__________________
  #263  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:05 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

*view post*

Oh, it was sarcasm
  #264  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,835
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Oh, true enough, I suppose.
  #265  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,031

Neutral Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
*view post*

Oh, it was sarcasm
Sarcastic which way? I assumed you were implying ITSOTS was unreliable, and Erthad seems to be refuting you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
  #266  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:18 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Sarcastic which way? I assumed you were implying ITSOTS was unreliable, and Erthad seems to be refuting you.
yep. that's it. I didn't see his post but my answer would be the same
  #267  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,081

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
Forsaken wank in a thread about Varian’s love life? Really, guys? But I like source-checking, so…
Tsk tsk tsk, Bryn. Misquoting me to start a flamewar? When the full post would clearly show that I brought a swift end to any possibility of that...

Now we can't be friends anymore.
  #268  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Bryn Bryn is offline

Arch-Druid
Bryn's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,180

Default

Oops. It wasn’t intentional. I thought you wanted help and missed that you were actually trying to shut down the argument. Also wanted to steer it into the appropriate thread.

Nice to hear that we were once friends, though.
  #269  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
Forsaken wank in a thread about Varian’s love life? Really, guys? But I like source-checking, so…
The Nathanos stuff was retconned, and the intro page says that they didn't grasp what they had done until AFTER they regained their free will, implying they weren't aware while they were Scourge.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
  #270  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

I agree with Fojar. We have to disregard the fact that Nathanos himself tell us his story and that we don't know from where did Lor'themar and Rommath get that info, it HAS to be retconned because it makes Sylvanas looks worse.
  #271  
Old 01-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
I agree with Fojar. We have to disregard the fact that Nathanos himself tell us his story and that we don't know from where did Lor'themar and Rommath get that info, it HAS to be retconned because it makes Sylvanas looks worse.
It doesn't make Sylvanas looks worse. It's just evidence against the "Forsaken are poor tortured souls" crap that C9 was pushing in another thread.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
  #272  
Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

Again, I agree. Why care about the fact that (afawk) the Forsaken didn't have the magic to raise people as forsaken until Cata or that it's posible to be tortured soul and a total moraless asshole too.
  #273  
Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Magistrix Verdande Magistrix Verdande is offline

Elune
Magistrix Verdande's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xerrath
Posts: 11,081
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Default

If only one could discuss Forsaken without an un-named, cancerous infection showing up like a bad case of herpes to ruin everything by turning it into a self-harm-emo-masturbation session. It's a bit sad.

IT'S NOT SAD AT ALL IT IS VERY JOYFUL OH BOY HOW HAPPY I AM BY THIS DEVELOPMENT LOOK AT ALL THE HAPPYNESS OH WOW OH MY OH BOY OH WOW
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
  #274  
Old 01-12-2013, 07:24 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

What is sad is that I have never been able to find when the hell did Gaga say "Beauty is a Lie"
  #275  
Old 01-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
If only one could discuss Forsaken without an un-named, cancerous infection showing up like a bad case of herpes to ruin everything by turning it into a self-harm-emo-masturbation session. It's a bit sad.
Well you could always refrain from posting Verdande.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, all land is dwarf land, batshit xil, complaints, filthy savages, go'el's gaol, horrible whining, lamp posts, lordaeron, lordaeron lordaeron, orcs are definitely evil, pvp, savagery, sentinels, sylvanas, the sha is flowing, warcraft, wololo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.