Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-09-2013, 10:37 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Mak'goras are now rap battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-10-2013, 03:15 AM

Arch-Druid

Just make them pull out of contested zones and let them rebuild for a change.

As for Sylvanas, slap her a little and either A) kill off her Val'kyr or B) retake Andorhal and fortify it.

Last edited by Pixy; 07-10-2013 at 03:23 AM..
Old 07-10-2013, 04:55 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Absorb the horde in to the alliance, leave Quel'thalas alone to go on its merry little way. Have a treaty with it, but leave the blood elves alone.

What I think will happen.

Alliance will pat Horde on the back saying "Hey, lets not fight bro?"

Kind whats-his-face will be "lolno" *Buttchin*

and it will all start up again....

*Sigh*
Old 07-10-2013, 05:15 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Given that the Horde and Alliance are the supreme non-evil powers on Azeroth, treaties are meaningless. There's no lawful-good or lawful-neutral third party with enough clout to enforce any treaty, and the might-makes-right nature of reality would render such a treaty useless.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 AM

Drunk Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Technically, they've been at war since the War of the Three Hammers ended with the Wildhammers invading the Hinterlands.
Umh. No?

The Wildhammer didn't invade the Hinterlands. They settled there. If they had invaded Blizzard would have said so.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:40 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
Umh. No?

The Wildhammer didn't invade the Hinterlands. They settled there. If they had invaded Blizzard would have said so.
Do you really think the trolls simply ignored a whole little kingdom worth of people settling up in the middle of their empire, just because they have chosen to live in the mountains?
Old 07-10-2013, 05:40 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Umh. No?

Because forest trolls don't matter.
You don't hear Blizzard calling the orcs invaders when they take pig land.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:43 AM

Drunk Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Do you really think the trolls simply ignored a whole little kingdom worth of people settling up in the middle of their empire, just because they have chosen to live in the mountains?
Yes, yes I do. Because it was never mentioned that there was any kind of war before Aerie Peak was created. After? Yes. But not before. Hence Wildhammers did not invade.

It's a similar situation to the Frostwolves in Alterac Valley. The Frostwolves didn't invade Alterac Valley, they couldn't because it wasn't occupied.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:53 AM

Elune

I like how many Alliance players have mercy for the blood elves. Is it because they are pretty or is there some sentimental feelings towards the exe Warcraft II Alliance kingdom?

You Alliance are soft! I can CC three Alliance players while the rest of my team wins WSG!

Old 07-10-2013, 05:53 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Umh. No?

All land is troll land and we're invaders for taking from them. Trolls are innocent people who deserve that land to sacrifice and eat people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:58 AM

Drunk Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
All land is troll land and we're invaders for taking from them. Trolls are innocent people who deserve that land to sacrifice and eat people.
Oh yes. How silly of me. I forgot.

Too bad they're clearly too weak to try anything if this so called 'massive region full of trolls' were too scared to lift a finger to a clan of dwarves that were retreating from losing their home a second time.

And then promptly failing to kick these dwarves out for the next three hundred years.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:59 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
I like how many Alliance players have mercy for the blood elves. Is it because they are pretty or is there some sentimental feelings towards the exe Warcraft II Alliance kingdom?

You Alliance are soft! I can CC three Alliance players while the rest of my team wins WSG!
They think you're a girl and are trying to cyber-flirt.

Meanwhile, female dwarves are ganked.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:02 AM

Drunk Assassin

Quote:

It's because there's actually little substantial reason for the Alliance to hate Blood Elves. There's always something else that the Alliance can put more or all the blame on. Whilst the Blood Elves continue to blame the Alliance of course.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:05 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
It's because there's actually little substantial reason for the Alliance to hate Blood Elves. There's always something else that the Alliance can put more or all the blame on. Whilst the Blood Elves continue to blame the Alliance of course.
Yeah, that's totally a justification WSG participants use and go by.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
Some people are very serious about role playing.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:07 AM

Elune

Get a new Warchief.

I keep telling people that the Horde needs to be prepared for the Alliance to wring it dry after the Siege, and have a countermeasure, but then they get annoyed at me despite wanting to do that exact thing.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:11 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Why alliance (Humans) hate blood elves.

They are prettier than them
They are better at wielding magic than them
They use fel
They have nicer wines

.... Ummm?

The alliance should not have much reason to hate the blood elves other than them joining the horde, well, even the High King butthead can see that it was not their fault this happened.

As for the rest of them, Night Elves I personally feel wouldn’t have much of an issue, or the Draenei, or dwarfs, gnomes ambivalent at best. Worgan, maybeee at a stretch.

I mean, even the High King has an Elven hair style!

Anyway, I don't see the alliance and horde merging or joining together. I see that it will continue on, battle after battle, until WOW brings in no more cash.

Which makes me sad.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:15 AM

Drunk Assassin

Quote:
Because I couldn't care less about that and want to discuss lore. Shock. Horror.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:27 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Because I couldn't care less about that and want to discuss lore. Shock. Horror.
You were quoting the guy who was surprised that Alliance players don't attack his blood elf girl character during WSG battleground.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:41 AM

Drunk Assassin

I was. I used his entirely unrelated point to bring up a lore point to discuss. Thereby actually allowing his post to belong in this thread. Theoretically.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
I was. I used his entirely unrelated point to bring up a lore point to discuss. Thereby actually allowing his post to belong in this thread. Theoretically.
You shouldn't have to cover up the incompetence of others. It isn't your problem.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:46 AM

Elune

Kir I am sorry what I said about the Soviet Union! I didn't think it would turn you off on me this much. I am not a bad person I promise. We can be friends still. What ever you need to say spit it out. I was trying to lighten up the mood in the thread. I through in a serious lore related question and a goofy side point. He didn't do anything wrong.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:51 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Kir I am sorry what I said about the Soviet Union! I didn't think it would turn you off on me this much. I am not a bad person I promise. We can be friends still. What ever you need to say spit it out. I was trying to lighten up the mood in the thread. I through in a serious lore related question and a goofy side point. He didn't do anything wrong.
Do you really think I'm that resentful?

It's not like I'm some grumpy old "Soviet patriot" or anything.

So stop being paranoid.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:59 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
Get a new Warchief.

I keep telling people that the Horde needs to be prepared for the Alliance to wring it dry after the Siege, and have a countermeasure, but then they get annoyed at me despite wanting to do that exact thing.
The Alliance should have wrung some concessions out of the Horde to ensure that it's not as much of a threat to the Alliance again. What you want however are open acts of war. The raising of Alliance dead during the raid to bolster Horde numbers and make them stronger than the Alliance, attacking the Alliance first since you are so convinced that the Alliance is going to -immediately- attack the Horde after Garrosh hits the ground. Or you want the dead raised so the Horde can refuse any concessions. Basically, you want a Horde that is not weaker than the Alliance militarily. Which is stupid. The Horde should be a hell of a lot weaker after this war and civil war.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:12 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
Get a new Warchief.

The sane people don't equate themselves with a faction of fictional gorilla-boars (and friends), especially not on the level to be genuinely worried that the group in a fictional story might lose some similarly fictional "stuff". Much less impotently trying to "prepare the countermeasures" to prevent it.

Tags
crushed dreams, fanwank, for khalimdor mah sistahs, horde bias, i don't eat pork, world of warcraft