Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-27-2020, 01:54 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default 9.X Zone ideas

Over the course of Shadowlands I naturally expect at least one semi-new (if not completely new) zone to be introduced via patch. MoP gave us the Thundering Isle in 5.2 and the Timeless Isle in 5.4. WoD gave us Tanaan in 6.2. Legion gave us the Broken Shore in 7.2 and then Argus in 7.3. BfA gave us Nazjatar and Mechagon in 8.2.

So, what new zones will the Shadowlands bring? What new realms of death, or of cosmic power might we behold?

I'll start off with my two ideas:

1. The Ancestral Grounds
This is where spirits who are revered by their descendants can go. Rights of ancestral worship performed by their mortal posterity actually send extra anima to the plane, making it one of the wealthiest in all the Shadowlands, even in the Anima Draught that the Shadowlands are suffering. This wealth is compounded in that the residents view the anima they recieve as being quite sacred, since it is given to them by their descendants. Each covenant will send you to be an ambassador to this plane in order to secure their aid and as well as some extra Anima to help stabilize things through out the Shadowlands. What's more, the continual flows of Anima are of course a target for the Jailer. We'll be forging a military alliance with this plane

2. The Eternal Skies : Not exactly part of the Shadowlands. This plane of open skies is actually a source plane for Anima. Inhabited by phoenixes and other creatures of living flame and light, light and life flows freely here. Alextrasza's fires that turned Bolvar into what he is came from this plane. An'she and Elune are from this Plane. This is the ultimate goal of the Jailer, to snuff out the eternal fires and claim the direct source of Anima instead of constantly only getting it from the Dead. This is my idea for a Finale Zone/Final Raid.

Like it? Don't like it? I'd love to hear your ideas!
Old 04-27-2020, 02:04 PM

Eternal

I like both, but especially the first one!

That type of orcish/tauren afterlife plane is really needed in Shadowladns imo.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
I like both, but especially the first one!

That type of orcish/tauren afterlife plane is really needed in Shadowladns imo.
Agreed.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:32 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Possible function of the Eternal Skies: the creation of gods. Special select souls from various afterlives are allowed to go there and are given the power and training necessary to become beings like Elune, or perhaps it's also where Kyrestia, Denathrius, Primus and the Winter Queen came from.