Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-07-2017, 11:18 AM

Arch-Druid

I think I never blocked anyone for any reason.
Unless people do not start spamming me throught PMs, I see no reason to ignore their opinions.

Usually, if I don't reply someone, is either because I agree entirely or disagree but feel the discussion would be pointless.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-07-2017, 11:20 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Panda Last one's a lie. I won't. Don't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
I don't really comment on your posts because I find you intimidating. So if it's any consolation, I do read what you have to say.
A little. Though i wonder about the intimidation-bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finarfin View Post
Haven't found anything particular in your posts worth blocking though.
I will try harder.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:30 AM

Warden

Slightly clearer image. It's weird, but I don't think they have facial animations. Every image of them is just this dead stare.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Slightly clearer image. It's weird, but I don't think they have facial animations. Every image of them is just this dead stare.
Clearly based on goblin models.
Their facial animations are probably not worked on. If they ever become playable (dunno), Blizzard would work on it.

I think a lot of helmet models would be weird on them, thought.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:33 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
BFA looks remarkably early, probably just not done yet. With allied races in mind i wouldn't be surprised if they add at least the skeleton necessary to all new humanoid races just in case, that might take a while even if it's only rudimentary.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:33 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
they didn't distrust Garrosh for destroying Alliance forts, they did it because he used enslaved elementals and basically got the Horde massacred at Theramore to quench their bloodthirst before dropping the bomb
I'm pretty sure several of them expressed concerns with attacking Theramore even before the manabomb. But there's one thing I just noticed. The meaning of Il'gynoth's riddles are all pretty obvious, even if the full implications are not. There's no intended ambiguity in them.

The Lord of Ravens to turn the key is Khadgar. The King of Diamonds is Magni. The Boy-King is Anduin. All of these, who Il'gynoth claims serve them, originate on the Alliance.

The one quote related to Sylvanas merely concerns her death, and it is Sylvanas because that's who your mind will first leap to when Il'gynoth says that. Especially with recent events in Stormheim.

I think that might be part of the dynamic of this faction war. N'zoth has focused on using the Alliance as his primary instrument, whilst setting up Sylvanas to die. Which likely means N'zoth is going to try arranging a few things in the Alliance's favor, and ensure they won't back down from the purpose he intends for them.

In short, N'zoth probably arranged Teldrassil, and in such a way that blatantly incriminates Sylvanas. Who everyone thinks is a lying monster anyway, mostly because she is. The Alliance isn't going to believe her if she tried to defend herself. Given that Vereesa probably dies in the incident, not even Alleria would be willing to listen to her.

But what if someone like Saurfang had been there alongside her, and saw something didn't make sense with the whole scenario? Something that convinced him that Sylvanas had somehow been set up? Saurfang's presence fighting at Sylvanas's side in the cinematic certainly suggests he's still a genuine ally of hers, and not a disgruntled one either.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Welp, I'm going to make a prediction about the next expansion.

Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.
The lord of ravens will turn the key.

By using the Pillars of Creation, we unwittingly have opened the way for something. Or perhaps set their plans in motion.

The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength.
Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.
Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.

Magni is being used. The Heart of Azeroth is a trap.

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.

Anduin will be misled by three key pieces of misinformation, which will drive him to do as N'zoth requires of him.

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.

This will likely culminate in the Banshee Queen's third death, the trigger for N'zoth to finally show his hand.
I'm there with you until the Sylvanas thing. She already died three times, so I don't think it references to her.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:52 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

"her" is obviously azeroth.

Azeroth is bleeding in BFA.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:52 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
I'm there with you until the Sylvanas thing. She already died three times, so I don't think it references to her.
Sylvanas did, but did the Banshee Queen?
Old 11-07-2017, 11:53 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Look, the death quote literally doesn't apply to anyone whatsoever, unless you attach a certain element of poetry to it. Azeroth has never literally died. And if Azeroth figuratively died, it's died too many times. Unless we find some arbitrary threshold as to what constitutes a figurative death.

But with Sylvanas? It's a regular thing for people in Warcraft to claim the Forsaken are no longer who they once were. Which is why I used the term "Banshee Queen". Then the deaths are two.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:56 AM

Eternal

Fair enough.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Fair enough.
In that case, I've got an idea as to what their plans have been so far. Sylvanas is one of the most frequently resurrected characters in the story. More importantly, whatever place she goes takes a lot of effort to extract her from. More effort than an ordinary retrieval from the Shadowlands should, requiring Valkyr to take her place.

I think N'zoth's goal so far has been to weaken dimensional barriers. That's why the key and pillars of creation open the Old Gods' way. The goal is all for this to happen.
Quote:
The veil between dream and dreamer slides away like skin from bone.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stained_Pa...gion_Invasions)

And if Sylvanas has been going to where I think she's been going, and going back and forth from there has consequences, it's possible that can be exploited under the right conditions to serve as the trigger to tear the frayed dimensional barriers apart.

Or this could just be wild speculation. I'm guessing in this direction, because it seems clear N'zoth has a use for Anduin and it seems Anduin will be leading the fight against Sylvanas.

Or I suppose you could say the plan is to bore a hole from the Void, through the Shadowlands, and into reality. Using Sylvanas, who idiotically tried to obliterate her soul on a spike of Saronite and went to a very nasty place, as where they'll finally punch that hole through.

Last edited by Krakhed; 11-07-2017 at 12:54 PM..
Old 11-07-2017, 12:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

The faction divide is key to the game. That is what makes Warcraft Warcraft. It is not expected to be broken in the future.
They have talked about plans for Wrathion for various other things, but currently have no plans for him in BfA.

Bits from an interview that you can see on mmo-champ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:14 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Well, Blizzard did ask the question "Why did the Horde burn down Teldrassil?". We should recall that the Horde was largely disgusted with Garrosh's behavior at Theramore. If this is just Theramore 2.0, there's no way they shouldn't be sick of this shit already. The Orcs should have no particular loyalty or admiration towards Sylvanas as a real Orc among Orcs. Her propaganda machine is, by nature, somewhat ineffective among the greater Horde. It doesn't speak to their culture.

This war won't make sense unless it can be sold to every single other race in the Horde. The Blood Elves were offered a place back in the Alliance through Alleria, and refused it. The Horde is willingly following Sylvanas, even in the cases where they have alternatives.

Why? Why do they listen to her when she screams "For the Horde!"? They shouldn't be willing to just go forth and have a Garrosh 2.0. Blizzard is probably hiding an extremely important twist to what goes down. Something that allows the Horde to support whatever action she's actually responsible for.
I would expect this to be explained in Golden's pending novel. Otherwise, I agree - this sort of genocidal attack is a little difficult to brush under the rug (again) and still maintain the stance that the Horde is a collection of noble and misunderstood savages...

With that said, I have no problem with abandoning this pretense. I've said for years Blizzard should just let the Horde be straight-up bad guys... and the only time the Alliance should have anything to do with them is when it is absolutely essential to the world's survival.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:39 PM

Eternal

I mean, the fact that Golden goes out of the way in the prologue to really sell the idea that Saurfang is like 5 seconds away from any given action of hers causing him to just straight up murder her, and then he is like fighting on the front line right next to her... that should say something.

I hope.

Unless he's hit with the stupid bat worse than Eitrigg was hit with it during Garrosh's rule.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:56 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Or I suppose you could say the plan is to bore a hole from the Void, through the Shadowlands, and into reality. Using Sylvanas, who idiotically tried to obliterate her soul on a spike of Saronite and went to a very nasty place, as where they'll finally punch that hole through.
Continuing my speculation here, since it helps me think. The two zones they showed at Blizzcon have heavy connections to Death Magic, as does the last boss of Antorus. So I'm going to stick with the Death angle.

It's long been suspected that N'zoth would be the final encounter of any ocean-based expansion, likely in the Sunken city of Ny'alotha. But there seems to be something odd about it.

Yes, it seems sunken. "In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.", so it's probably in the ocean. But when you die holding Xal'atoh, he says such things as "With each thread unraveled, a step closer to my realm..." and "You will rest in Ny'alotha.". And when Il'gynoth dies, he says "N'Zoth... I journey... to Ny'alotha...".

Furthermore, what are the descriptions we get of the place?
Quote:
In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep...
In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes...
This city of elves pales in comparison to the sleeping city...
Ny'alotha is, without a doubt, a sleeping city. A city of only sleep. Or "sleep" as it may be, considering the dead god Y'shaarj told us "I only sleep."

Ny'alotha isn't a city of sleep, not in the literal sense. It's a city of Death. And perhaps where the lingering souls of dead gods go to dream. When it appears, it'll doubtless be associated with both Death and Void.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:59 PM

Elune

Watched a video on YouTube saying the trolls are also getting an upright posture option like the orcs. Is this true or false?

Is heritage armor based on class, race or faction?

Is the new fat human model based on on the ogre model?
Old 11-07-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Watched a video on YouTube saying the trolls are also getting an upright posture option like the orcs. Is this true or false?
I don't remember that being stated, but I've seen claims that they are...

Quote:
Is heritage armour based on class, race or faction?
Based on allied race. It can only be used by members of the allied race, as far as we know, but by all classes regardless of armour type.

Quote:
Seems based on vrykul to me.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:04 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Its based on the Allied Race.
The armor can be used for any class of that race. You cannot use that armor on other races
Old 11-07-2017, 02:07 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Bellular?

If so, then he is wrong.

They have not stated that. and it is merely speculation or him trying to get views and cash.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Based on allied race. It can only be used by members of the allied race, as far as we know, but by all classes regardless of armour type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Its based on the Allied Race.
The armor can be used for any class of that race. You cannot use that armor on other races
If Allied Races are getting brand new armor exclusive to them... what are the old races getting then?
Old 11-07-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
If Allied Races are getting brand new armor exclusive to them... what are the old races getting then?
There are unfortunately no plans to give them their own heritage armour (and in my opinion not allowing them to use the new heritage armours is a mistake), but they'll get new Horde and Alliance themed armour and weapons.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
There are unfortunately no plans to give them their own heritage armour (and in my opinion not allowing them to use the new heritage armours is a mistake), but they'll get new Horde and Alliance themed armour and weapons.
Aren't those usable by the Allied Races, too?
Old 11-07-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Aren't those usable by the Allied Races, too?
Yeah.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Heard nothing of it. Upright trolls would be really weird, due to how long their torsos, legs and arms are.

Quote:
Cosmetic, can be used over any kind of armor, but only by the specific allied race. Not available to other races.

Quote:
Vrykul

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft