Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-07-2017, 05:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
I dont know where people are getting this Void form active in combat all the time. They already said that is not the case
They said they're playing with it and aren't sure yet. We'll have to wait and see. May it not be too long of a wait.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:01 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
Something that I realized during RP today: The Troll conclave is supposed to meet at Zuldazar every six years, right? Rise of the Zandalari (the patch that introduced Zul) was released in 2011. If WoW's time is following real world time, then we are actually overdue for the next great meeting of troll tribes.

Maybe this is the Horde's 'in' to Zandalar?
That's a good hook, I hope they use it

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Arch-Druid

I wonder what could happen when an allied race does this quest. Zandalari and Highmountain could very easily reuse the troll and tauren ones, but the blood elf one doesn't work for Nightborne because Cho outright says the word blood elves.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:08 PM

Sentinel Queen

I’m still surprised they didn’t show new race/class combinations as a feature. They practically had a neon sign pointing at night elf paladins in Legion (but then again night elves LOL) and the Zandalari and Highmountain druids need to be balanced out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
Nothing for tiran, tirasian and tirassian.
What about “Kul’Tiras?”
Old 11-07-2017, 06:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Does anyone else find it weird that the "buff" Kul Tirans are like nine feet tall? I would have guessed they were vrykul.
They're Drust hybrids. Trust me on this. The Drust themselves are probably a Vrykul offshoot a little closer to their origins than most humans, or something akin to the Azotha from the old RPGs. There's a reason why both Drust and Kul Tirans are described with the same exact words. "A large and hardy people".

Eventually they or their descendants will somehow manage to be added in as Shamans and Druids.

Last edited by Krakhed; 11-07-2017 at 07:00 PM..
Old 11-07-2017, 07:06 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
They're Drust hybrids. Trust me on this. The Drust themselves are probably a Vrykul offshoot a little closer to their origins than most humans. There's a reason why both Drust and Kul Tirans are described with the same exact words. "A large and hardy people".
It's kinda weird though, because none of the Proudmoores seem especially big. Even Daelin, though he was no pipsqueak, never struck me as especially large and burly compared to most mainland humans, let alone abnormally massive.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:08 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
It's kinda weird though, because none of the Proudmoores seem especially big. Even Daelin, though he was no pipsqueak, never struck me as especially large and burly compared to most mainland humans, let alone abnormally massive.
Well, of course. They're a Human and Drust population mixed together. Some areas will be more purely Human. Others will have more Drust influence. We've seen plenty of normal Human male models in their population.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:19 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
If anything, you think they'd have saved these big, burly models for an Arathi close-up. I wouldn't be surprised if they reuse them in that situation and - besides - these models are just fucking cool. I love how cartoony and detailed they are. Makes me jealous being on the Horde side of things.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:37 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
If anything, you think they'd have saved these big, burly models for an Arathi close-up. I wouldn't be surprised if they reuse them in that situation and - besides - these models are just fucking cool. I love how cartoony and detailed they are. Makes me jealous being on the Horde side of things.
Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed the Zandalar are a bit too short at the moment?
Old 11-07-2017, 07:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Yeah I gotta agree that while the models look good choosing them for Kul Tiras of all nations is kinda odd. I'd have expected Stromgarde.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:40 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
I mean, the fact that Golden goes out of the way in the prologue to really sell the idea that Saurfang is like 5 seconds away from any given action of hers causing him to just straight up murder her, and then he is like fighting on the front line right next to her... that should say something.

I hope.

Unless he's hit with the stupid bat worse than Eitrigg was hit with it during Garrosh's rule.
He was hit hard enough when he said He'd Kill Garrosh himself before he ever took us down that dark path.

And lol how that went.

I mean, if something's up with Tel'drasill's burning that's at least something to give a shit about. If not, then it's the most random fuckery to ever spark a faction war ever.

Blizzard's done most of this before. Horde leaders being none too impressed with new faction head, faction head makes a town dissappear. Saurfang's Enthusiasm could well just be typical writing amnesia.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:44 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

What if Azshara is brought back from the depths three times?
Old 11-07-2017, 08:10 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed the Zandalar are a bit too short at the moment?
They may have to fudge their height to fit them through doors

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-07-2017, 08:22 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I was thinking Drust would have some sort of connection or tie with Ettin somehow. I would be surprised if Ettin are not present on Kul Tiras regardless of no connection with said people or not. The relative close proximity to Broken Isles and Gilneas should be enough.

And, yeah. I am getting that impression with the Drust as well - I am either going with; A missing link race between Humans proper and Vrykul, or a race related to the Ettin.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:47 PM

Arch-Druid

Honestly my first thought when I look at that drust concept art is drogbar and I have no idea why. They have nothing like nothing in common, and yet it's where my mind goes.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:55 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I wonder what could happen when an allied race does this quest. Zandalari and Highmountain could very easily reuse the troll and tauren ones, but the blood elf one doesn't work for Nightborne because Cho outright says the word blood elves.
Could just change the instance of "blood elves" to "nightborne".
Old 11-07-2017, 09:11 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
I was thinking Drust would have some sort of connection or tie with Ettin somehow. I would be surprised if Ettin are not present on Kul Tiras regardless of no connection with said people or not. The relative close proximity to Broken Isles and Gilneas should be enough.

And, yeah. I am getting that impression with the Drust as well - I am either going with; A missing link race between Humans proper and Vrykul, or a race related to the Ettin.
There are Ettin in the pirate dungeon, but the picture of a Drust we have right now bears no resemblance to an Ettin. It looks like a blue human with glowing eyes.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:22 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Yeah, I just popped over to the Drust's Wowpedia article. I haven't had any clue what they really looked like other than a horribly vague description.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:23 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Could just change the instance of "blood elves" to "nightborne".
I think the line is voice acted.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:37 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

One thing I would like to see, since this whole faction conflict is giving each faction their own main continent, would be little side quests that show you things change/etc. without being necessarily quest hubs.

Like, you accompany Admiral Rogers to the Ruins of Southshore in a later patch, and you see them beginning to rebuild it as she lays flowers at her family's grave.

Accompany Zen'tabra to try to find hunkered down survivors from when the Night Elves wiped out that tribe in Northern Darkshore.

Join Calia Menethil as she mourns her family and things past in the Lordaeron Throne Room.

etc.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-07-2017, 10:06 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Join Calia Menethil as she mourns her family and things past in the Lordaeron Throne Room.
They really need to do something with Calia now that Lordaeron is returning to Alliance hands. She can't really reclaim the throne since the Menethil sovereignty is defunct, but some closure would be nice for her of all people.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
They really need to do something with Calia now that Lordaeron is returning to Alliance hands. She can't really reclaim the throne since the Menethil sovereignty is defunct, but some closure would be nice for her of all people.
Regicide nullified Arthas' claim to the throne but that just means you move down the list and she'd be next in line. The throne is hers if she wants it.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:29 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
Republic of Lordaeron boyz!

First Citizen Calia Menethil presiding!
Old 11-07-2017, 11:31 PM

Sentinel Queen

Re: Calia: I wonder if this is why they took out all of her in-game lines about Lordaeron being gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
I don't really know how to put my theory into words, but I will TL;DR it: Sylvanas was used to prepare for a global war since Vanilla, stoking unthinking hatred and resentment between Horde and Alliance, all so N'zoth can get a bunch of mortals to gather his Azerite for him using the war as justification through lies he fed Magni. By the time the Horde and Alliance make peace and the war ends with Sylvanas' death, N'zoth will have gathered all of the resources he needed to break free.
Then why on earth would she have killed herself after Arthas was defeated if this was her goal all along?

Last edited by Peger; 11-07-2017 at 11:36 PM..
Old 11-07-2017, 11:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peger View Post
Re: Calia: I wonder if this is why they took out all of her in-game lines about Lordaeron being gone?
Not only that but they actually ADDED lines about Lordaeron if we are taking into consideration her pissed lines.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft