Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1151  
Old 11-09-2017, 07:16 AM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,520
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
I wish Dwarves And Gnomes got a third of the attention Night Elves got. Fucking whiners.

Valsharah redeemed Tyrande and was a great Night elf zone. Bits and bobs of Suramar, and 80% of Azsuna as well.

Night Elves get at least as much attention in game as Humans in WoW do out of it. Night Elves get plenty of love outside of game too.
Agreed. This shot got me stoked though



Let's not forget also the best scene of the feature film

Reply With Quote
  #1152  
Old 11-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Icefrost Icefrost is offline

Chimaera
Icefrost's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Finland
Posts: 273

Default

I've already said that there's no problem with skipping turns and giving others a go. I just don't understand what that has to do with the particular thing I'm actually criticizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
content of Legion.
You can tell me that it's not the elves' turn again after all that, and that's fine by itself, but you can't tell me to trust that there's a future one with an actual point left to it, because of what's advertised.

Quote:
Why are you here
Looking in on an old friend of a story, like a few others here.
Quote:
(a work that is very unlikely to have its design trends being continued)
Believe it when I see it. Actually, scratch that. They do seem to be doing more radical things now. Not one that I like in sight though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1153  
Old 11-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,693
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275395/b...aldazar-bosses

Didn’t know we were going back to Kezan.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #1154  
Old 11-09-2017, 07:23 AM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Arch-Druid
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 1,412

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
http://www.wowhead.com/news=275395/b...aldazar-bosses

Didn’t know we were going back to Kezan.
I'm hopeful it's Undermine or at least a new region, not Bilgewater Harbor again.
Reply With Quote
  #1155  
Old 11-09-2017, 07:37 AM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,520
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
I've already said that there's no problem with skipping turns and giving others a go. I just don't understand what that has to do with the particular thing I'm actually criticizing.
Your rhetoric and logic fucking fail, man. I have never stated passing on the spotlight as an argument in this discussion. I can only believe you're trolling this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
You can tell me that it's not the elves' turn again after all that, and that's fine by itself, but you can't tell me to trust that there's a future one with an actual point left to it, because of what's advertised.
Oh, I was right!

You have no clue of the (great) portrayal of the Night Elves in Legion and yet you're complaining about the treatment they get!

Fucking Night Elf fans.

You're just butthurt your little tree got burnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
Looking in on an old friend of a story, like a few others here.
Believe it when I see it. Actually, scratch that. They do seem to be doing more radical things now. Not one that I like in sight though.
I'll add you to my ignore list and will only remove you when it's made of my concern that you are aware of the huge difference existing in the most recent portrayal of Night Elves and what you and your fellow non-WoW players think Night Elves are supposed to be. Kialin included.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1156  
Old 11-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Mending Mending is offline

Sentinel Queen
Mending's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 954

Default

I’m already missing the days where we speculated if Shadow meant more ethereal content or not.
Reply With Quote
  #1157  
Old 11-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Crazyterran Crazyterran is offline

Eternal
Crazyterran's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,842
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
I’m already missing the days where we speculated if Shadow meant more ethereal content or not.
I think what we all really miss are lamp posts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Reply With Quote
  #1158  
Old 11-09-2017, 08:15 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,277

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
I think what we all really miss are lamp posts.
You know that they will come.
Reply With Quote
  #1159  
Old 11-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Arch-Druid
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 1,412

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
I’m already missing the days where we speculated if Shadow meant more ethereal content or not.
Yeah. I'm sure the models will be in Vol'dun now though, what with the fox people there.
Reply With Quote
  #1160  
Old 11-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Gortrash Gortrash is offline

Elune
Gortrash's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,050

Default

Have they elaborated on "more customization options for races coming in the expansion" or is it just that?
Reply With Quote
  #1161  
Old 11-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,520
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Have they elaborated on "more customization options for races coming in the expansion" or is it just that?
They are excited to have the intention of working into it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1162  
Old 11-09-2017, 09:01 AM
Yorenec Yorenec is offline

Arch-Druid
Yorenec's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,228
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
People were disappointed if anduin and wrathion had a relationship?

I hope not because homophobia is bad
I don't know a single person who dislikes Anduin/Wrathion because they're homophobic.

They dislike it because a healthy relationship is built on trust and shared values which are two things Anduin and Wrathion don't even remotely have.
Reply With Quote
  #1163  
Old 11-09-2017, 09:09 AM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Banished
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,294

Default

I'd rather have that over a relationship coming out of nowhere (Calia, The greymane bitch) or a satellite love character (Aggra)
Reply With Quote
  #1164  
Old 11-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
I know we're to keep the faction kvetching out of this thread but I do feel like I need to say this.

Why does Blizzard feel the need to meet the Alliance halfway or with a tradeoff, where the Horde gets what it asks for served up on a Silver Platter? Horde wants Nightborne, Horde gets Nightborne. Horde wants Zandalari, Horde gets Zandalari. Horde wants Straight-Backed Orcs, Horde gets Straight-Backed Orcs.

Alliance wants High Elves? Alliance gets Void Elves. Alliance wants Vykrul, Alliance is more likely to end up with fat humans. Alliance wants Broken, Alliance gets Lightforged Draenei.

I'm sure the Developers have their reason but this is starting to feel a bit ridiculous.
With vrykul, at least, they're probably too big to fit through most doorways in the game. Having "half-vrykul" (quarter-giants?) is probably the best compromise we could get.

I'd say the same thing might happen with playable ogres on the horde, which is also an oft-requested feature. We might end up with Mok'nathal instead.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1165  
Old 11-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,961

Default



I'll admit that I also get frustrated with other Warcraft fans from time to time. For example, I can't stand it when people claim that SW humans hog all the Alliance lore. Even if visibility equated lore and it were true that they get the lion's share of Alliance lore, a race as disliked for its blandness as SW humans are is not one to be envious of. You should pity it (and its fans).

I'm sure I've also been the cause of frustration for quite a few of others. (Hey, Noitora!)

However... I wish to enjoy my time playing WOW or posting on this forum; losing my cool and antagonizing others is a sure way to accomplish neither. Unless you have the time and patience to calmly discuss a topic and get your point across, just move on. I'm sure it'll be more fruitful and enjoyable than getting angry over the statements of people you'll likely never meet in person and whose opinions should be of little consequence to you. On the internet, you're not forced to interact with anyone you don't want to.
Reply With Quote
  #1166  
Old 11-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Gortrash Gortrash is offline

Elune
Gortrash's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,050

Default

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275764/l...form-is-raptor

Q: Were the Zandalari the most challenging because it doesn’t use another model like the other 5 allied races?

A: Most difficult because it’s a unique rig. It’s a modified Troll rig (straight, instead of hunch). Required a little more time on the touch ups. Same amount of time spent on them for customization options than the other allied races.


Wait, is this true? I thought the Zandalari use the night elf rig. Or at least they were modified night elf models back in MoP, right? If they use the troll rig wouldn't that make them like, insanely tall?
Reply With Quote
  #1167  
Old 11-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Arch-Druid
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 1,412

Default

The MoP Zandalari used the night elf rig, but that was also before the WoD model updates. Since they had to update them to the new model quality anyway, I could see them using trolls this time.
Reply With Quote
  #1168  
Old 11-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,693
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
http://www.wowhead.com/news=275764/l...form-is-raptor

Q: Were the Zandalari the most challenging because it doesn’t use another model like the other 5 allied races?

A: Most difficult because it’s a unique rig. It’s a modified Troll rig (straight, instead of hunch). Required a little more time on the touch ups. Same amount of time spent on them for customization options than the other allied races.


Wait, is this true? I thought the Zandalari use the night elf rig. Or at least they were modified night elf models back in MoP, right? If they use the troll rig wouldn't that make them like, insanely tall?
They could scale it down, but they could also be the largest race in the game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #1169  
Old 11-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
http://www.wowhead.com/news=275764/l...form-is-raptor

Q: Were the Zandalari the most challenging because it doesn’t use another model like the other 5 allied races?

A: Most difficult because it’s a unique rig. It’s a modified Troll rig (straight, instead of hunch). Required a little more time on the touch ups. Same amount of time spent on them for customization options than the other allied races.


Wait, is this true? I thought the Zandalari use the night elf rig. Or at least they were modified night elf models back in MoP, right? If they use the troll rig wouldn't that make them like, insanely tall?
They used both rigs. Modified troll animations for things like casting and modified night elf animations for stuff like walking. The skeleton would have little to do with height given that can be scaled and it was altered anyway for the Zandalari model.
Reply With Quote
  #1170  
Old 11-09-2017, 01:33 PM
Fenixhart Fenixhart is offline

Ranger
Fenixhart's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 315

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
I wish Dwarves And Gnomes got a third of the attention Night Elves got. Fucking whiners.

Valsharah redeemed Tyrande and was a great Night elf zone. Bits and bobs of Suramar, and 80% of Azsuna as well.

Night Elves get at least as much attention in game as Humans in WoW do out of it. Night Elves get plenty of love outside of game too.
There's a bit of a disconnect With Love And Screentime.

Night Elves get a lot of screen time, but do they really get worked on well? Are the Grievances with them ever really addressed or do they just mostly continue unabated?

(I dont' care much for them so I don't really think too much on those)

This is basically the issue the Tauren playerbase has. Tauren show up every so often enough, but whenever they do, it's almost always something that ends in heartbreak or disappointment.
Reply With Quote
  #1171  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:10 PM
Reinhardt Reinhardt is offline

Arch-Druid
Reinhardt's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,059

Default

Gnomes storylines these last 10 years : a bit of Gnomeragan was retaken.
Reply With Quote
  #1172  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Apep Apep is offline

Warden
Apep's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Posts: 736

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
Gnomes storylines these last 10 years : a bit of Gnomeragan was retaken.
Good guy Gelbin blasting demons in the face and saving a footman from falling to his death.

On a more serious note, Gnomes, like Goblins, aren't going to be receiving narrative focus anytime soon. They are explicitly designed as joke fodder, and while the potential for emotionally invested stories could be implemented it is extremely unlikely Blizzard will ever act on that potential.

Hell, outside of Gelbin, Chromie is the most recognized and popular Gnome Warcraft has, and she isn't even a Gnome.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1173  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:26 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
Gnomes storylines these last 10 years : a bit of Gnomeragan was retaken.
Sort of beats tauren story.

which has basically been.

"Got betrayed and leader died"

and after that the story is basically "?????????" or "Other tauren are 50 times cooler and 50 times better, the warcraft 3 taurens are also much superior".

it is funny because you could say that the tauren are basically the night elf race except, they are not elves, and thus they dont get much story.

they are like night elves because they were cool in warcraft 3, but unlike night elf, they didnt turn into sex objects.

I am starting to hope sylvanas dies or steps down only for thrall to take up the reigns, we would be back at vanilla stuff then because Thrall = warchief and anduin is king.

Last edited by Gurzog; 11-09-2017 at 02:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1174  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:44 PM
Vexander Vexander is offline

Eternal
Vexander's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,491

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
but unlike night elf, they didnt turn into sex objects.
Ehh... beware searching for Tauren on the internet too deeply.
Reply With Quote
  #1175  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:50 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Ehh... beware searching for Tauren on the internet too deeply.
There is probably more elf porn out there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.