Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 09-07-2010, 05:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
I'm going to ask again if anybody is going to offer himself to post some of these questions?
I wish I could sir, but I no longer have an active WoW account. Sucks having to depend on the kindness of others. I mean I think those who purchase lore material like books, comics, and the like should have the right to ask lore related questions.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:10 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

I'll post them if someone reminds me >.>

I may be too busy digging through every quest from vanilla to cata for MORE questions to make it in time though >.>
Old 09-07-2010, 06:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
I'll post them if someone reminds me >.>

I may be too busy digging through every quest from vanilla to cata for MORE questions to make it in time though >.>
You can post the list here so we know what you are going to ask and remeber the questions, after all it's the purpose of this thread
Old 09-07-2010, 06:26 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
You can post the list here so we know what you are going to ask and remeber the questions, after all it's the purpose of this thread
Good point, My question then, who were the Kelani Magi? and why did they Fall? They're mentioned in WC3 on the yellow text from that one gem

Also, to answer Monsunds question on mangletooth, he escapes and the horde and alliance both get quests to kill him in Cata as he leads the local quillboar.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:49 PM

Elune

Added

Anyway do you think i should remove red and purple questions, now that i see in it i don't think there is much point in asking or seperate them from the rest?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:01 PM

Elune

If I may be so bold as to make a request of those who will post questions on the behalf of others, and I know it sucks to be a beggar and attempt to be a chooser and I don‘t like doing it, but I would say that this is a very rare opportunity to ask questions and actually have them potentially answered. With that in mind, I would ask for those that do ask questions posed by others to try to pick the questions that are not only unanswered and unlikely to be answered, but also those that are the subject of the most debate on these forums.

It would be amazing to get big time lore answers, and every “lesser” inquiry potentially takes the spot of a “superior” question. Using the last series of questions as an example, would anyone have rather heard if there were any plans to implement Dhambeela, the obscure orc from a manga story, into WoW rather than finally learn about the relationship between Undead and the Holy Light? Some questions have been lingering at the forefront for years and been the subject of pages of debate, so I would ask that those posters take the time to avoid the obscure and irrelevant.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
If I may be so bold as to make a request of those who will post questions on the behalf of others, and I know it sucks to be a beggar and attempt to be a chooser and I don‘t like doing it, but I would say that this is a very rare opportunity to ask questions and actually have them potentially answered. With that in mind, I would ask for those that do ask questions posed by others to try to pick the questions that are not only unanswered and unlikely to be answered, but also those that are the subject of the most debate on these forums.

It would be amazing to get big time lore answers, and every “lesser” inquiry potentially takes the spot of a “superior” question. Using the last series of questions as an example, would anyone have rather heard if there were any plans to implement Dhambeela, the obscure orc from a manga story, into WoW rather than finally learn about the relationship between Undead and the Holy Light? Some questions have been lingering at the forefront for years and been the subject of pages of debate, so I would ask that those posters take the time to avoid the obscure and irrelevant.
Maybe in the next lore question thread i might improve it i already had an idea on how
Old 09-07-2010, 07:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Maybe in the next lore question thread i might improve it i already had an idea on how
I’ll list the questions other people asked that I think are most worthy. (I edited some for grammar and conciseness). To not be biased, I won’t include mine, although I do like all my questions.

-Does Lor'themar’s eye injury actually exist? He was depicted as scared and missing an eye in the Sunwell Trilogy, but not in WoW.
-Of what material were the vrykul made prior to the Curse of Flesh? Did they have flesh, stone, or metallic bodies?
-The earthen shaped the earth. The mechagnomes maintained the machines of the titans. What purpose did the vrykul serve the titans?
-What is the nature of the "blue skin" on various Vrykul and the Frostborn?
-What is the origin of the crystal the Ashbringer was formed from? Is it the shard of a naaru? Is it an Ata'mal crystal?
- What happened exactly during the Sundering? Before it, there was one continent. Did the modern day Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms stay where they were and the landmasses in between them sink, or did the current continents get blasted away and move apart (meaning they once fit together with nothing in between)?
-What exactly happened to Bolvar at Wrathgate to leave him in a state we see him during Lich King fight ? Did he die from Forsaken's plague and was then resurrected by dragon's flame ? Or maybe dragon's fire left him in a state of something between life and death ?

Also, upon review some of the “black” questions on the first page are answerable, so I answered them:

Q - Are Frostborn and Iron dwarves, a variation of earthen or other type of dwarf? If not are Frostborn made of flesh?
A - Iron Dwarves, at least, are definitely a variation on Earthen. They’re Loken’s unique recipe (now with more Saronite!), made in the Forge of Wills.

Q - With major Scarlet centers like Hearthglen returning to the control of the considerably less insane Argent Crusade, what is the fate of the Scarlet Crusade/Onslaught/whatever with the majority of its leaders dead and its forces destroyed? (Not sure if this has been asked.)
A - They’re pretty much done for. Those who didn’t disperse got killed by Balnazzar and reanimated into his “Risen.”

Q -What is the timeline of events for the summoning of the worgen, the death of Velinde, the death of Arugal, the resurrection of Arugal, and the movement of the Scythe of Elune from Felwood to Duskwood to Grizzly Hills to Gilneas?
A- To be covered in both the upcoming Worgen and WoW: Alliance trades.

Q -Will Vol'jin free Zalazane's mind slaves especially considering they're said to most make up most of the Darkspear tribe?
A - Vol’jin liberated and reclaimed the isles and killed Zalazane for good. The slaves are either free or dead.

Q -What happened with Felo'melorn, Flamestrike, the blade of the Sunstrider family? We last saw it at the battle between Illidari and Scourge at Icecrown, and it hasn't ever appeared in-game. Was it send to Silvermoon after the battle, and is now wield by Lor'Themar?
A - I don’t think there’s any reason to think Kael didn’t keep it with him.

Q -Why did Lady Vashj answer Illidan's summons? Was she sent on Azshara's orders?
A - RPG says yes, she was.

Q - The 'True' Karazhan tower. Fact or Fiction? ;P
A - Fact.

Last edited by Gurtogg_Bloodboil; 09-07-2010 at 08:06 PM..
Old 09-08-2010, 05:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
I’ll list the questions other people asked that I think are most worthy. (I edited some for grammar and conciseness). To not be biased, I won’t include mine, although I do like all my questions.

-Does Lor'themar’s eye injury actually exist? He was depicted as scared and missing an eye in the Sunwell Trilogy, but not in WoW.
-Of what material were the vrykul made prior to the Curse of Flesh? Did they have flesh, stone, or metallic bodies?
-The earthen shaped the earth. The mechagnomes maintained the machines of the titans. What purpose did the vrykul serve the titans?
-What is the nature of the "blue skin" on various Vrykul and the Frostborn?
-What is the origin of the crystal the Ashbringer was formed from? Is it the shard of a naaru? Is it an Ata'mal crystal?
- What happened exactly during the Sundering? Before it, there was one continent. Did the modern day Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms stay where they were and the landmasses in between them sink, or did the current continents get blasted away and move apart (meaning they once fit together with nothing in between)?
-What exactly happened to Bolvar at Wrathgate to leave him in a state we see him during Lich King fight ? Did he die from Forsaken's plague and was then resurrected by dragon's flame ? Or maybe dragon's fire left him in a state of something between life and death ?

Also, upon review some of the “black” questions on the first page are answerable, so I answered them:

b
Quote:
Q - Are Frostborn and Iron dwarves, a variation of earthen or other type of dwarf? If not are Frostborn made of flesh?
A - Iron Dwarves, at least, are definitely a variation on Earthen. They’re Loken’s unique recipe (now with more Saronite!), made in the Forge of Wills.
Origianilly this question was about the frostborn but i wanted to clarify the Iron dwarf too

Quote:
Q - With major Scarlet centers like Hearthglen returning to the control of the considerably less insane Argent Crusade, what is the fate of the Scarlet Crusade/Onslaught/whatever with the majority of its leaders dead and its forces destroyed? (Not sure if this has been asked.)
A - They’re pretty much done for. Those who didn’t disperse got killed by Balnazzar and reanimated into his “Risen.”

Q -What is the timeline of events for the summoning of the worgen, the death of Velinde, the death of Arugal, the resurrection of Arugal, and the movement of the Scythe of Elune from Felwood to Duskwood to Grizzly Hills to Gilneas?
A- To be covered in both the upcoming Worgen and WoW: Alliance trades.

Q -Will Vol'jin free Zalazane's mind slaves especially considering they're said to most make up most of the Darkspear tribe?
A - Vol’jin liberated and reclaimed the isles and killed Zalazane for good. The slaves are either free or dead.
You're right i'll mark them as red
Quote:
Q -What happened with Felo'melorn, Flamestrike, the blade of the Sunstrider family? We last saw it at the battle between Illidari and Scourge at Icecrown, and it hasn't ever appeared in-game. Was it send to Silvermoon after the battle, and is now wield by Lor'Themar?
A - I don’t think there’s any reason to think Kael didn’t keep it with him.
He didn't drop it when he died so we don't know what happened to it

Quote:
Q -Why did Lady Vashj answer Illidan's summons? Was she sent on Azshara's orders?
A - RPG says yes, she was.

Q - The 'True' Karazhan tower. Fact or Fiction? ;P
A - Fact.
Both these have dubius sources

I'm going to set a voting system in the next thread
Also gurtogg do you see any problem with my other questions?

EDIT: Does any moderator have a problem with me making the 3rd thread already just to see how can is shape it? also can i quadruple post for the sake of organization?

Last edited by Ashendant; 09-08-2010 at 05:06 AM..
Old 09-08-2010, 05:33 AM

Elune

Question

Why did they go with the name "iron dwarf" if they are more like the earthen than the dwarves? Also what is up with the "new" earthen who have an NPC named "Earthen Dwarf"?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:28 AM

Eternal

From what sources did the ancestors of Celestine of the Harvest and the other, unnamed Gilnean Druids learn the magics of the "old ways"? Is the source of their training a holdover from Vrykul Spiritualists, or was there first contact between a sect of Kaldorei Druids and the Human settlers of Arathor?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:34 AM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Why were the nerubians able to lay eggs while undead?
Old 09-08-2010, 11:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Both these have dubius sources
Well, I don’t agree that everything in the RPG is dubious. It does give us an answer to the question, so we have a lot more on that than we do on other stuff. It’s more like asking for a re-confirmation rather than asking a question with no answer.

As for Karazhan, I assume by “true” Karazhan the questioner means the version complete with an upside down inverse tower. That appeared in the Last Guardian, and I don’t think the novel is a dubious source either.

Quote:
Also gurtogg do you see any problem with my other questions?
Well, on a personal level, I find all the questions that are “Do you have plans to use [Obscure character X]?” and “How come I didn’t see [Obscure location Y] in WoW?” to be rather pointless, especially the later.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
Well, I don’t agree that everything in the RPG is dubious. It does give us an answer to the question, so we have a lot more on that than we do on other stuff. It’s more like asking for a re-confirmation rather than asking a question with no answer.

As for Karazhan, I assume by “true” Karazhan the questioner means the version complete with an upside down inverse tower. That appeared in the Last Guardian, and I don’t think the novel is a dubious source either.

Well, on a personal level, I find all the questions that are “Do you have plans to use [Obscure character X]?” and “How come I didn’t see [Obscure location Y] in WoW?” to be rather pointless, especially the later.
Well i specificly asked about MY questions the first ones on the list
Old 09-08-2010, 12:34 PM

Elune

Quote:
Well i specificly asked about MY questions the first ones on the list
Ohhh yours specifically. Some were good, I think Peons are probably not slaves based on “Peon Day” and such. Some of the classification questions about sapience and race seemed a little too Rolandius-like as well.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Ohhh yours specifically. Some were good, I think Peons are probably not slaves based on “Peon Day” and such. Some of the classification questions about sapience and race seemed a little too Rolandius-like as well.
It's things that i realized when editing stuff in wowwiki
Old 09-08-2010, 01:08 PM

Eternal

Quote:
It's things that i realized when editing stuff in wowwiki
That's fine, but I wouldn't want to waste developers' time by having them read things like "are faerie dragons sentient?" and then coming up with a long-winded and horribly obvious attempt at humor to explain their superhuman intelligence that exceeds mortal measurements of "smarts".

I do like your line of questioning about the nature of the various Giants, and how they blur the line between Elemental and Titanic Humanoid. While I wonder if there's a more pointed way at getting a more detailed response, I fully acknowledge that the game isn't served by having developers wax lore about a race that will only ever be killable elites.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urth View Post
That's fine, but I wouldn't want to waste developers' time by having them read things like "are faerie dragons sentient?" and then coming up with a long-winded and horribly obvious attempt at humor to explain their superhuman intelligence that exceeds mortal measurements of "smarts".

I do like your line of questioning about the nature of the various Giants, and how they blur the line between Elemental and Titanic Humanoid. While I wonder if there's a more pointed way at getting a more detailed response, I fully acknowledge that the game isn't served by having developers wax lore about a race that will only ever be killable elites.
Besides, there's a quest in Hyjal where you are sent out to secure the aid of the faerie dragons against the Twilight's Hammer cultists there. They speak and all, but only after you feed them. I'd say that they are self-aware and semi-intelligent.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:10 PM

Elune

Quote:

Sapient they are obviously sentient most animal are

Well it's worth asking, the more blurry lines i remove the clearer and better the things become

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Besides, there's a quest in Hyjal where you are sent out to secure the aid of the faerie dragons against the Twilight's Hammer cultists there. They speak and all, but only after you feed them. I'd say that they are self-aware and semi-intelligent.
Oh i didn't know that... do you think i should remove the question?

Last edited by Ashendant; 09-08-2010 at 01:13 PM..
Old 09-08-2010, 01:14 PM

Elune

Quote:

Oh i didn't know that... do you think i should remove the question?
Go ahead and do so. We already have the answer.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Well it's worth asking, the more blurry lines i remove the clearer and better the things become
And we're back to Gurt's point. I agree that clarity is a Good Thing, but when given a small amount of time and a small amount of effort by game's creators, I would prefer to ask questions that pierce more deeply to reveal more about the history and future of the game world.

For instance, rather than ask for a listing for the various Giants in WoW and their intended roles, instead ask: "Given that Giants are more varied in their physiology than other Humanoid races, are we to assume that their multiple forms are examples of transformative sorcery or are they working as the Titans intended?"
Old 09-08-2010, 01:26 PM

Ranger

do giants reproduce?
Old 09-08-2010, 01:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
And we're back to Gurt's point. I agree that clarity is a Good Thing, but when given a small amount of time and a small amount of effort by game's creators, I would prefer to ask questions that pierce more deeply to reveal more about the history and future of the game world.

For instance, rather than ask for a listing for the various Giants in WoW and their intended roles, instead ask: "Given that Giants are more varied in their physiology than other Humanoid races, are we to assume that their multiple forms are examples of transformative sorcery or are they working as the Titans intended?"
However i might get no answer of what i want when i asked that way, i want it clarified clearly the reason why i listed the giants i wanted clarified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader of truths View Post
do giants reproduce?
That's actually a pretty good question...
Old 09-08-2010, 02:07 PM

Eternal

Quote:
However i might get no answer of what i want when i asked that way, i want it clarified clearly the reason why i listed the giants i wanted clarified.

That's actually a pretty good question...
Forget I said anything. If what you really want to know is whether Giants reproduce, then I'm headed elsewhere.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:10 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader of truths View Post
do giants reproduce?
I would say that since there are still giants on Azeroth all these centuries after the Titans first made them, there's a very good chance that they can reproduce in some way.