Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Site News

Old 07-30-2008, 07:51 PM

Eternal

I guess it will be used for Great Sea expansion.

Unused Goblin Port in Tanaris -> Undermine
Booty Bay (expand) -> Undermine

Theramore -> Tel'abim

Old Auberdine Boat in Menethil -> Kul'Tiras
Old 07-31-2008, 03:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Oh and Drz I saw you asked about the "Saurfangs", and Jr. is at the Wrath Gate (Entrance to Icecrown) leading the Kor'kron push/defense. His father gifted him with his armor, and he is much more level-headed than Garrosh.

There's actually a lot of cool lore bits to discover in almost every zone.
Thats nice to hear, wish i was in the beta hehe.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:33 AM

Huntress

Then so far we do not know why Scarlet Onslaught have Death Knights in their ranks ? Or did something new appeared ?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:43 AM

Eternal

Because they were manipulated by the Lich King?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:05 AM

Huntress

Well, I have read Diary of Abbendis and there is obviously some kind of manipulating from Lich King. But nothing is said about why suddenly they have Death Knights. I don't think that they have been so manipulated by Lich King that they do not see that they have monsters in their ranks, monsters that they have sacrificed their lives to fight against
Old 07-31-2008, 08:06 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanos View Post
Well, I have read Diary of Abbendis and there is obviously some kind of manipulating from Lich King. But nothing is said about why suddenly they have Death Knights. I don't think that they have been so manipulated by Lich King that they do not see that they have monsters in their ranks, monsters that they have sacrificed their lives to fight against
Right, I still don't get that.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:23 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

A DK claiming to be from the Ebon Hand can just go up to them and say "haiz, i haet skurge"
"K, put on tabard"
"KK"
"Rawr, PCs!"
Old 07-31-2008, 10:27 AM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via AIM to Bradford

Do we know if Varimathras has any involvment with the Forsaken in the new zones???
Old 07-31-2008, 10:38 AM

Huntress

I think Alliance should have more quests involving them with Scarlet Onslaught. So far there is only one: kill Abbenids. Horde have the whole quest chain connected to this. And I found something more what's going on.
When doing quest, you have to talk to High Abbot Landgren to gather more information. But he sees through our plot (he says thanks to the "master") and jumps off the cliff, killing himself. He shouts during this "I will return, the grand admiral's will permitting!" Doing later quests, it turns out that Scarlets have resurrected Landgren and made him archibishop. It's getting interesting....
Old 07-31-2008, 11:50 AM

Keeper of Lore

FYI, I have more beta shots to upload. I keep forgetting A good majority of them are after the patch, particularly of some of the Dalaran changes (it looks very awesome now). Also, they screwed up Ironforge and the lighting is all out-of-whack. It looks hilarious - I took pictures And I took pictures of Varian and co. at SW Harbor. Still wondering why the hell Bolvar is there though - he's in three places now! Two of which are in the same damn city!!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:57 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
hell Bolvar is there though - he's in three places now! Two of which are in the same damn city!!!!
Yeah, he's got an evil twin.
Though it feels good to have King Varian Wrynn back to say the least, and we've got a friendly blood elf in our midst. That's gotta be good for political relations.

I wonder if they will actually involve Jaina or Sylvanas in the Arthas encounter, like was suggested by someone during a meeting and the response was something like 'you've earned yourself help during the encounter' or some such.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanos View Post
Well the Death Knights aren’t in New Hearthglen. They’re part of the Admiral’s special force that he sent North (on the other side of the zone), but I haven’t found any quests relating to them yet. They may be alliance only, or they may not even be in yet. They’re doing something around a cave. I have to investigate it more. I’m going with the theory that those Scarlets got full out scourged and they are pallies turned death knights ala Arthas, either that or “the light” whispered them that Death Knights were okay and the new holiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
Do we know if Varimathras has any involvment with the Forsaken in the new zones???
Haven’t seen anything yet.

Quote:
FYI, I have more beta shots to upload. I keep forgetting A good majority of them are after the patch, particularly of some of the Dalaran changes (it looks very awesome now). Also, they screwed up Ironforge and the lighting is all out-of-whack. It looks hilarious - I took pictures And I took pictures of Varian and co. at SW Harbor. Still wondering why the hell Bolvar is there though - he's in three places now! Two of which are in the same damn city!!!!
Yeah, the Dalaran sewers are particularly awesome. The town still has some upgrades coming, still waiting on Rhonin. And as for Varian and friends… ugh. I hope they’re place holders, because they are absolute crap. Generic Blood Elf, Generic Druid, King that looks nothing like his previous depiction. I think they just slapped in the old model of when he was on Alcatraz, so I have faith they will update it.

Also I encountered something very disturbing while questing in the Grizzly Hills yesterday. Of all the characters they decide to continue the story of, they bring back… Budd Nedreck and his band of treasure hunters. Now they’re trapping ice trolls. Budd seems to have gone crazy thanks to some troll voodoo or some such, and he thinks he is a troll.

Last edited by Gurtogg_Bloodboil; 07-31-2008 at 02:32 PM..
Old 07-31-2008, 02:46 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Well the Death Knights aren’t in New Hearthglen. They’re part of the Admiral’s special force that he sent North (on the other side of the zone), but I haven’t found any quests relating to them yet. They may be alliance only, or they may not even be in yet. They’re doing something around a cave. I have to investigate it more. I’m going with the theory that those Scarlets got full out scourged and they are pallies turned death knights ala Arthas, either that or “the light” whispered them that Death Knights were okay and the new holiness.
This could make sense. If they are "corrupted" Scarlet Crusaders then I could see them working with DKs.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:07 PM

Loremaster

Quote:

Haven’t seen anything yet.

Yeah, the Dalaran sewers are particularly awesome. The town still has some upgrades coming, still waiting on Rhonin. And as for Varian and friends… ugh. I hope they’re place holders, because they are absolute crap. Generic Blood Elf, Generic Druid, King that looks nothing like his previous depiction. I think they just slapped in the old model of when he was on Alcatraz, so I have faith they will update it.

Also I encountered something very disturbing while questing in the Grizzly Hills yesterday. Of all the characters they decide to continue the story of, they bring back… Budd Nedreck and his band of treasure hunters. Now they’re trapping ice trolls. Budd seems to have gone crazy thanks to some troll voodoo or some such, and he thinks he is a troll.
That shows Bornakk's influence.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:41 PM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via AIM to Bradford

Quote:
This could make sense. If they are "corrupted" Scarlet Crusaders then I could see them working with DKs.
Wait wait wait, arent they all corrupted to begin with????

The word of the day is "Continuity", lets all see if we can use it in a sentence.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
Wait wait wait, arent they all corrupted to begin with????

Not by the Scourge. It illustrates how blind zealotry to even a noble cause like the Light can be manipulated, as the Scarlets show.

This particular group, seperate from the main body of Scarlets, may have gone totally over to scourge control but I haven't uncovered much info on them, it may not be patched in yet. We'll have to see.

Last edited by Gurtogg_Bloodboil; 07-31-2008 at 04:51 PM..
Old 08-01-2008, 05:00 AM

Huntress

Old 08-01-2008, 07:46 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

No... no... not Budd Redneck.

HELL NO.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
Yeah, he's got an evil twin.
Though it feels good to have King Varian Wrynn back to say the least, and we've got a friendly blood elf in our midst. That's gotta be good for political relations.
Agreed, hopefully they put in some good models for them in time.

You know, I was kind of wondering why they didn't give Varian another companion whos race was associated to the Horde, and it got me thinking, perhaps Valeera won't always be a blood elf. After all, Aegwynn talks about redemption in the comic, and the fact she suffered a fel curse and wants to be cured might mean they'll eventually turn her into a high elf.