Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-03-2010, 05:16 PM

Elune

That sounds gross
Old 09-03-2010, 07:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

It's also interesting that the blight was intended to dissipate after it is deployed to make the area habitable again. Of course, it never goes exactly as planned. The guy at Southshore laments that it may take centuries for the Horde to be able to move into Southshore.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:39 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Do you honestly expect that the Forsaken would call them freedom fighters? They are considered terrorists because the "Gilnean insurgents" use terrorist-like guerrilla tactics against the Forsaken. Terrorism is not defined by the reasons for their actions but by the methods they use in their actions.
Wouldn't that be the forsaken then? They are using/releasing biological weapons on towns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
It's also interesting that the blight was intended to dissipate after it is deployed to make the area habitable again. Of course, it never goes exactly as planned. The guy at Southshore laments that it may take centuries for the Horde to be able to move into Southshore.
Couldn't they try to "heal" the land if there isn't an enemy bothering them too much in that area.

Last edited by Rolandius; 09-03-2010 at 09:48 PM..
Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
Wouldn't that be the forsaken then? They are using/releasing biological weapons on towns.
It depends on how they are used more so than what they use.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:09 PM

Elune

Quote:
It depends on how they are used more so than what they use.
I don't think you have a lot of room to argue when you deploy them against civilian targets.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:16 AM

Chimaera

To think, I, a master of necromancy, trained by Kel'Thuzad himself, was reduced to nothing more than a corpse in a grave. Thankfully, my astute apprentice, Thaivand, managed to find a group of heroes to recover this:

<Helcular whips out his rod.>

It is through the power of the rod that I was reborn. The rod giveth and the rod taketh away!

Take it now and use it to empower our dark rangers battling the worgen in the field north of us. Renew their vigor with my rod.
*sigh*
Old 09-04-2010, 12:33 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
I don't think you have a lot of room to argue when you deploy them against civilian targets.
Actually I do. Terrorism involves the use of violence to produce terror and fear to achieve coercive ends. The terror required for terrorism is not present in their methods. The Forsaken are conducting the systematic destruction of human life. They are not employing terrorism, but bio-chemical genocide.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:06 AM

Ranger

Quote:
so the average Forsaken does like the Horde?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:11 AM

Glaive Thrower

Helcular screenshot.
Guards wear gas-masks probably coz of the plague spread across the Soutshore.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:17 AM

Elune

Why doesn't he wear a mask ?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumShadow843 View Post
Why doesn't he wear a mask ?
Personal guess: The hood is iconic to his look and so far they never equipped two helmets on a npc at the same time.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:25 AM

Glaive Thrower

Well he is more 'dead' then the others.. ye it sound stupid. We resurrect him on live servers. He was/is an necromancer, apprentice of Kel'Thuzad. Maybe he simply dont care about plague. Or they will give him mask later, its still beta.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:17 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
So I guess the USA were terrorists when they firebombed Dresden killing thousands upon thousands of civilians during WWII.

To me the Forsaken label for the guerilla worgen in Hillsbrad is apt. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. It just depends which side of the conflict you're on.

You don't have to like the Forsaken or their tactics, but you could at least try and imagine their perspective.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:18 AM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Personal guess: The hood is iconic to his look and so far they never equipped two helmets on a npc at the same time.

I was really hoping they'd finally make him and Gunther Arcanus (or whatever that guy in tirisfals name is) A more lich-like model.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:06 AM

Ranger

Quote:
So I guess the USA were terrorists
Must...refrain...from...fixing "were".

Anyway, Hillsbrad is shaping up to be an awesome zone. I'm glad that the Forsaken do at least have some standards, even if they are far removed from most peoples. Makes them more interesting and less "omnicidal chaotic evil etc."
Old 09-04-2010, 11:01 AM

Hippogryph Rider

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Yeah Hillsbrad is looking to be a real fun zone for people who are psychopaths or are immoral i thought only young anti social teenagers played the Forsaken well looks like that is about to change.

But enough about my anti Forsaken rage, the towns and small bases look like to be really well laid out and they are close to the quest areas so you can take a flight and be on the next quest area within a min or two, it seems there is only one flight path in the Alterac Mountain the Alterac Valley entrance camp and i think it would be good if they also added a small camp with a flight path in the hills east of Dalaran Crater.

The net is vast and infinite
Old 09-04-2010, 11:14 AM

Elune

I'd just like to know what the druids think about the Forsaken suing the plague/blight.

They are trying to heal the lands in WPL/EPL and here comes the Forsaken using the "same" weapon to screw it back up again.

Or are they just telling the Horde that it's your mess in WPL/EPL/HF, you get to clean it up.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:17 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRMNKY View Post
I'd just like to know what the druids think about the Forsaken suing the plague/blight.

They are trying to heal the lands in WPL/EPL and here comes the Forsaken using the "same" weapon to screw it back up again.

Or are they just telling the Horde that it's your mess in WPL/EPL/HF, you get to clean it up.
Well the Forsaken aren't doing anything in EPL and WPL is really the only place they'd care about as they aren't in Hillsbrad.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:13 PM

Elune

Quote:
Actually I do. Terrorism involves the use of violence to produce terror and fear to achieve coercive ends. The terror required for terrorism is not present in their methods. The Forsaken are conducting the systematic destruction of human life. They are not employing terrorism, but bio-chemical genocide.
The use of WMDs is inherently to produce terror in an enemy; not on those it is used upon but those who hear of it. This is mostly overlooked because genocide is much worse.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Well the Forsaken aren't doing anything in EPL and WPL is really the only place they'd care about as they aren't in Hillsbrad.
Im sure they are trying to take back most of WPL that isnt taken back from the Argent Crusade. Theres a three way battle going on between the Scourge, Forsaken and Stormwind at one of the places.

And yeah i have to say that Blizzard have done a amazing job with Cataclysm i mean come on the Forsaken leveling zones just used to be the worst and now they seem the best so far .

Run
Old 09-04-2010, 07:18 PM

Elune

Quote:
So I guess the USA were terrorists when they firebombed Dresden killing thousands upon thousands of civilians during WWII.
I believe the purpose of bombing Dresden was to destroy all the industry there, but I might be thinking of something else. The people involved are war criminals regardless, but nobody is gonna come after them because they didn't lose.

Quote:
You don't have to like the Forsaken or their tactics, but you could at least try and imagine their perspective.
I'm kind of fucked up in general, but I'm not a complete monster, so I don't think I have it in me. Perhaps if I ate a baby first it would help.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:39 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
I believe the purpose of bombing Dresden was to destroy all the industry there, but I might be thinking of something else. The people involved are war criminals regardless, but nobody is gonna come after them because they didn't lose.

I'm kind of fucked up in general, but I'm not a complete monster, so I don't think I have it in me. Perhaps if I ate a baby first it would help.
The purpose of bombing Dresden was also to distract the movement of reinforcement a lot of the logistics went through that area and that city. But in the end when the bombing started they were not targeting the factories in the surrounding areas just outside the city but instead they targeted the city itself and carried fire bombing attacks and that type of attack is not designed to target a specific building/area but lay waist to a large area with uncontrollable fire, i suggest people also read up on the bombing of Tokyo a similar type of attack.
Also i think it is common knowledge that Churchill and the people The United Kingdom wanted to get revenge for The Blitz.

The net is vast and infinite
Old 09-04-2010, 07:40 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_Piggy View Post
Must...refrain...from...fixing "were".
Americans, I've heard of this Were-terrorism, by the light of the full moon the government tries to sew fear into its population.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:38 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRMNKY View Post

Actually, the Forsaken are trying to keep damage to the Environment to a minimum as evidenced by the quests in Southshore.
After all, no one can live safely in blighted terrain, not even Forsaken.

So I don't really see them clashing with the Circle in that regard.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:42 AM

Arch-Druid

If they were concerned with the environment they wouldn't be utilizing the blight at all spidey.

Just sayin'