Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-03-2010, 09:49 PM

Elune

A mount for 2 silver? Good price.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:02 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Since people have been wondering about Felwood, I'll make a list of some of the most major changes. I'm not sure why this zone is ready for testing, as it seems rather unfinished.

-The Deadwood Furbolgs have fortified their encampments with Grizzly Hills style architecture.
-There are two new Emerald Circle towns, one that's name escapes me, and Whisperwind Grove. Strangely they only use night elf architecture and there are only two tauren in the towns, everyone else is a night elf.
-Bloodvenom Post has quite the ironic fate, it was reinforced with the new orc buildings, only to have been overrun by oozes. All of the inhabitants are now "Bloodvenom Slimeslaves".
-The Bilgewater Cartel has set up a mining/deforesting operation in northern Felwood from a town that currently has no name in the beta. The druids of the Emerald Circle are disgusted at the goblin's actions, but refuse to act out of fear of horde retaliation. The local worgen have no such qualms however.
-Talonbranch Glade was destroyed, exactly how I'm not sure, and a group of worgen lead by Denmother Ulrica have settled in the area and are waging war against the Bilgewater Cartel's deforestation. For some reason, while the horde quests refer to it as a large worgen settlement, and task you with killing worgen npcs in a battlefield area, there are only two worgen in Talonbranch Glade itself. All the other npcs are night elves.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:11 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader of truths View Post
i suspect that the Council and the letting-the-loyalist-Dark-Irons-into-Ironforge is because of the fact that, with the cataclysm, Ironforge and Aerie Peak cannot afford to fight the Horde (Forsaken, Dragonmaw and Revantusk), the Frostmanes, the Twilight's Hammer, the Twilight Dark Irons and the Thaurassans at the Same time

however, i personally look forward to the undoubtably just rule of Emperor-King Fenran
Is it just me or is the whole fenran/moria situation starting to seem like Alexander the great and his mother olympias?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:43 AM

The Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabarax View Post
Is it just me or is the whole fenran/moria situation starting to seem like Alexander the great and his mother olympias?
In the sense that a conniving mother is attempting to leverage her progeny's birthright to gain power, yes.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:12 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrmKing View Post
"The United Kingdom of the Three Hammers" sounds awesome to me. =)

And I just realized the united Dwarven empire have the largest territory of any nation on Azeroth.
and, unless Maurdan adopts or got jiggy with a Frostborn woman, Fenran's also got a possible claim to frosthold when Marudan kicks the bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrmKing View Post
He should marry a Wildhammer Princess to completely combine the three bloodlines.
nah, he needs a Wildhammer/Frostborn Hybrid
Old 09-04-2010, 05:16 AM

Demon Hunter

I heard that some humans and dwarves members of the Argent crusade in the Plaguelands begin to find the Horde's presence unwelcomed...Is it right ?
Also, could someone who is in the beta tell us more about the Kirin Tor political issue toward the Horde?
Old 09-04-2010, 05:36 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I think Alterac Mountains isn't still properly developed, and Dalaran Crater is part of it.

As for Ambermill, I know there are quests, but I haven't found transcripts anywhere yet :S.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-04-2010, 09:05 AM

Elune

Going through the pictures of the Grim Batol 5-man posted over at MMO-Champion, a few things I found interesting.

First, there will indeed be Skardyn in the instance (I recall some wondering when their concept art was finally shown a week or so ago). Second, it seems that, depending on which egg spawned them, the Twilight dragons are named in a way that designates it (Azureborne and Crimsonborne are the ones I'm seeing). Interestingly, that's all there seems to be, which makes me wonder if there are any Twilights made with Green or Bronze flight eggs (haven't really seen any at this point, have we?).
Old 09-04-2010, 09:35 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Going through the pictures of the Grim Batol 5-man posted over at MMO-Champion, a few things I found interesting.

First, there will indeed be Skardyn in the instance (I recall some wondering when their concept art was finally shown a week or so ago). Second, it seems that, depending on which egg spawned them, the Twilight dragons are named in a way that designates it (Azureborne and Crimsonborne are the ones I'm seeing). Interestingly, that's all there seems to be, which makes me wonder if there are any Twilights made with Green or Bronze flight eggs (haven't really seen any at this point, have we?).
I don't think we've seen any other flight's eggs yet either, but those make sense. We know Deathwing pulled the whole Day of the Dragon thing to get Alexstraza's eggs. He clearly had acquired some of those, and with the whole Nexus War going on, no body would have noticed if some blue dragon eggs went missing (perhaps that is even the reason some of the Black Flight came to "defend" Wyrmrest). I imagine it'd be nearly impossible for him to get Bronze eggs, they're likely hidden in the time streams, and the Green Flight is likely protecting their eggs too after the events of DotD.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:40 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themiskan View Post
I don't think we've seen any other flight's eggs yet either, but those make sense. We know Deathwing pulled the whole Day of the Dragon thing to get Alexstraza's eggs. He clearly had acquired some of those, and with the whole Nexus War going on, no body would have noticed if some blue dragon eggs went missing (perhaps that is even the reason some of the Black Flight came to "defend" Wyrmrest). I imagine it'd be nearly impossible for him to get Bronze eggs, they're likely hidden in the time streams, and the Green Flight is likely protecting their eggs too after the events of DotD.
True enough, though I'm trying to recall bits from Night of the Dragon. Wasn't it said that Sinestra had a few eggs from the Green and Bronze flights? Or was it just "other flights" and that was that?

I'd look it up myself, but I can't seem to find my copy (good riddance wherever it went).
Old 09-04-2010, 09:54 AM

Elune

Quote:
True enough, though I'm trying to recall bits from Night of the Dragon. Wasn't it said that Sinestra had a few eggs from the Green and Bronze flights? Or was it just "other flights" and that was that?

I'd look it up myself, but I can't seem to find my copy (good riddance wherever it went).
Yeah, she'd been collecting eggs from every flight for centuries, although the bulk of the ones she had were her own.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Level 18 Forsaken hunter. I have to say guys, doing the quests adds a new angle to the whole "Sylvanas is fucking insane" notion. Yes, she's brutal and yes she's fucking cold, but she really does seem to love her people. Its quite touching when she says "The same people that called this land home in life continue to do so in death.The Alliance seeks to take this land and deny the will of the founders of this nation. I will not allow it. Lordaeron belongs to the forsaken. Always and forever." I am actually developing a respect for the forsaken as a faction. Perhaps...perhaps I've been far too hasty in my judgments. The Tirisfal/Silverpine quests have really been the best playing experience I've had since I started playing WoW. I'm liking this. Maybe when I faction change my mage, I'll be going undead instead of orc.
I wonder what she thinks about the Lordaeron refugees, who aren't undead, and who have a claim to their homeland as well. A lot of just sounds like propaganda if she is going to pull that line. Just makes the conflict a lot more interesting if you have the Alliance trying to take back Lordaeron for the living refugees while Sylvanas is keeping it for her undead followers. Should have more quests talking about it from both sides.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:34 AM

Elune

Quote:

Hmmm, I certainly did not see any skardyn (unless those troggs are placeholders for them), but another interesting thing I saw was a room called the Lifebinder's Cell filled with Alexstrasza's eggs. Poor Alex, it's the D-day all over again for her. I feel sorry for her.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Yeah, seems Blizzard is recycling plots once again.

FFFFUUUU.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-04-2010, 11:58 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Hmmm, I certainly did not see any skardyn (unless those troggs are placeholders for them), but another interesting thing I saw was a room called the Lifebinder's Cell filled with Alexstrasza's eggs. Poor Alex, it's the D-day all over again for her. I feel sorry for her.
Or perhaps that was where she was held in Day of the Dragon and now they're just using it to store her eggs.

But, whatever, this is a plot I'm actually okay with Blizzard reusing, simply because it seems totally in-character for Deathwing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 09-04-2010, 12:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Or perhaps that was where she was held in Day of the Dragon and now they're just using it to store her eggs.

But, whatever, this is a plot I'm actually okay with Blizzard reusing, simply because it seems totally in-character for Deathwing.
Yeah, it's possible, but then again we have Alexstrasza's eggs that remained unhatched for... since the Second War? Hmmm unlikely.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Yeah, it's possible, but then again we have Alexstrasza's eggs that remained unhatched for... since the Second War? Hmmm unlikely.
NotD makes a plot point of this and established that Sinestra has been using magic to preserve the eggs. She has still-good eggs that have remained unhatched for centuries.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
NotD makes a plot point of this and established that Sinestra has been using magic to preserve the eggs. She has still-good eggs that have remained unhatched for centuries.
Oh, I forgot about that egg-preserving program again, but you're right.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

It's also shown quite clearly that the Twilight's Hammer are stealing eggs at the Vermilion Redoubt and are taking them through a portal (likely into Grim Batol).
Old 09-04-2010, 01:38 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Ah, nevermind.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:46 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Since people have been wondering about Felwood, I'll make a list of some of the most major changes. I'm not sure why this zone is ready for testing, as it seems rather unfinished.

-The Deadwood Furbolgs have fortified their encampments with Grizzly Hills style architecture.
-There are two new Emerald Circle towns, one that's name escapes me, and Whisperwind Grove. Strangely they only use night elf architecture and there are only two tauren in the towns, everyone else is a night elf.
-Bloodvenom Post has quite the ironic fate, it was reinforced with the new orc buildings, only to have been overrun by oozes. All of the inhabitants are now "Bloodvenom Slimeslaves".
-The Bilgewater Cartel has set up a mining/deforesting operation in northern Felwood from a town that currently has no name in the beta. The druids of the Emerald Circle are disgusted at the goblin's actions, but refuse to act out of fear of horde retaliation. The local worgen have no such qualms however.
-Talonbranch Glade was destroyed, exactly how I'm not sure, and a group of worgen lead by Denmother Ulrica have settled in the area and are waging war against the Bilgewater Cartel's deforestation. For some reason, while the horde quests refer to it as a large worgen settlement, and task you with killing worgen npcs in a battlefield area, there are only two worgen in Talonbranch Glade itself. All the other npcs are night elves.
Magnificent, sounds awesome, I'm wondering what the deal with the slime suddenly enslaving people is O.O
Old 09-04-2010, 01:55 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Magnificent, sounds awesome, I'm wondering what the deal with the slime suddenly enslaving people is O.O
I blame Old Gods.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:59 PM

Glaive Thrower

some caps of Bloodvenom Post, Winna goes crazy with toxic sludge?
First the kitty(corrupted moonwell) now whole post?

Last edited by Ace; 09-04-2010 at 02:01 PM..
Old 09-04-2010, 02:03 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
*Snip*

*snip*

some caps of Bloodvenom Post, Winna goes crazy with toxic sludge?
First the kitty(corrupted moonwell) now whole post?
Noooooo! Not Winna D: she was gonna make us awesome evil nightsabers....
Old 09-04-2010, 02:04 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Noooooo! Not Winna D: she was gonna make us awesome evil nightsabers....
Her corrupted nightsabers are wandering the forest around the post, each one is called "Winna's Kitten".