Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 09-04-2010, 10:44 AM

Warden

Default There must always be an elemental lord!

What do you think about our fights with elemental lords in cataclysm.It is said that elemetal lords can only be killed in their realm.And we are going to their realm in this expansion and will possibly kill them.But will they need to be replaced?Without scourge world can live better.But without elemets and elementals there is a big thing missing.What do you think?Who will replace them?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:50 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I think the EL are just big guys that rule by simple strength, so their deaths aren't that "relevant". If they can really die, of course.

Someone will step over and take their thrones. The worst scenario is a civil war between elementals wanting the power.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-04-2010, 12:24 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Someone will step over and take their thrones. The worst scenario is a civil war between elementals wanting the power.
The fire elementals already had that during Rag's absence.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:32 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

I'm not entirely convinced that the elemental lords are necessary to the existance of their element, but at the same time, I don't ever really expect us to do much more than just banish them lore wise.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:39 PM

Druid of the Talon

I say we kill them, wait 1 expansion, and they yell " THE SKYWALL/FIRELANDS WAS MERELY A SETBACK!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:52 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
I'm not entirely convinced that the elemental lords are necessary to the existance of their element, but at the same time, I don't ever really expect us to do much more than just banish them lore wise.
When we kill elementals in their respective plane, their deaths are permanent.

Rag, and Al will be dead by the end of this expac.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:09 PM

Arch-Druid

While they could always go that route, the Elemental Lords were made by the Old Gods, so technicly there's no reason why the world can't live without them, considering Draenor has/had elements too, yet didn't have Elemental Lords.
Though they pulled the same lame-ass story for the Lich King, so hey, who knows?

The only problem I see is that if one of the Elemental Lords dies, and another one doesn't, that the imbalance between them might lead to bigger results on the world itself.
That being, the ones who'ld have the biggest results(Earth,land and Water,the Sea) are probably not going to be killed.

I really hope they don't do the 'there must always be a' thing on the Elemental Lords. Perhaps they can use the Earthen Ring as a way for the Elementals to get some peace, allowing both parties to grow in power, united.

Edit: Has there been any explanation as to why Al'Akir is joining up with Deathwing? Considering his hatred for Ragnaros, what he did/tried to do to Thunderaan, it seems so out of place to suddenly be fighting on his side.
I thought Ragnaros and Neptulon were the two fellows to watch out for the most, not Al'Akir.

Last edited by Reyson; 09-04-2010 at 09:13 PM..
Old 09-04-2010, 09:55 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post

Edit: Has there been any explanation as to why Al'Akir is joining up with Deathwing? Considering his hatred for Ragnaros, what he did/tried to do to Thunderaan, it seems so out of place to suddenly be fighting on his side.
I thought Ragnaros and Neptulon were the two fellows to watch out for the most, not Al'Akir.
My guess?

Neptulon is so nasty that none of the other elemental lords will work with him and vice versa, maybe he got a bit too big for his britches as a result?

As for Al'akir... maybe Thunderaan isn't one of his favored kids, or he's just competing with Rag for the favor of the old gods, so he can surpass him.

Any number of explanations.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:45 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
i think its just symbolic how deathwing a black dragon is a creature of air and fire, with control over earth related abilities. so ragnaros and al'akir are his buddies, and he pretty much overthrew therazane.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:59 PM

Elune

There must always be an Alliance and a Horde. True. If not, then the game ends.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:07 PM

Druid of the Talon

The elemental lords have always worked for the old gods.

They have never liked each other, and have always fought for dominance.

They aren't "friends", they're rivals working for the same people.

Also, nowhere does it say that if you kill an elemental in the planes, they die forever. They aren't even native to the planes, they were banished there by the Titans because they couldn't be killed in Azeroth. Not because of imbalance, but because they'd pop up somewhere else.

I'd like to think that it's like a "hearthstone" system. The Titans just set their hearth to the Planes instead of Azeroth. However, we can weaken the elemental "lords" to the point where they can no longer rule over the other elementals of their type, and hopefully more peaceful ones will take the reigns. Or, at least, some who have balance in mind.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:13 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hufflepuffer007 View Post
Also, nowhere does it say that if you kill an elemental in the planes, they die forever.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Core_of_Our_Troubles

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:26 PM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
That doesn't make much sense, but I suppose cannon is cannon.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:02 AM

Demon Hunter

Cannon goes boom.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:50 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Isn't this something we've been assuming for a while? How does that "destroy canon"?
Old 09-11-2010, 06:29 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Hufflepuffer007 is right on some things... if the Elemental Plans are titan-made, where did the elementals go when they were defeated before the creation of the prison?

I always thought elementals, as forces of the nature, don't die, they just lose power.

Maybe the nature of the Elemental Plane is that that loss of power is much stronger, making defeated elementals "die" and don't recover as fast as in the exterior.

Or maybe the Elemental Plane was always there, and the titans just customized it a bit.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-11-2010, 09:40 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Hufflepuffer007 is right on some things... if the Elemental Plans are titan-made, where did the elementals go when they were defeated before the creation of the prison?

I always thought elementals, as forces of the nature, don't die, they just lose power.

Maybe the nature of the Elemental Plane is that that loss of power is much stronger, making defeated elementals "die" and don't recover as fast as in the exterior.

Or maybe the Elemental Plane was always there, and the titans just customized it a bit.
I think you're over-complicating it. Before the creation of the Elemental Planes, they were just killed. However, with summoning them to Azeroth now, you only bring a piece of the true elemental, perhaps the spirit and the bindings create a new body for it. So when the body is destroyed the spirit goes back. But, when you kill them in the Elemental Planes, its their true body and their spirit dies with them.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:37 PM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themiskan View Post
I think you're over-complicating it. Before the creation of the Elemental Planes, they were just killed. However, with summoning them to Azeroth now, you only bring a piece of the true elemental, perhaps the spirit and the bindings create a new body for it. So when the body is destroyed the spirit goes back. But, when you kill them in the Elemental Planes, its their true body and their spirit dies with them.
If this is true, why on earth would the Titans create the Elemental Planes to begin with?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hufflepuffer007 View Post
If this is true, why on earth would the Titans create the Elemental Planes to begin with?
They created a colosseum, whose gladiators were the elementals, to fight each other for the Titans' amusement.