Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-06-2010, 12:52 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Or you could, you know, just hop over to Darnassus ad buy a cat there.
How dare you use your logic here!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Incoming stupid question - if I level my Worgen in the beta to 20, what does he get for a mount?
From what i saw worgen at the moment buy night elf mounts.

And i honestly think worgen concept mount from blizzcon is scraped and redesigned heavy, probably into something else. Goblins already have trike bike model in files. For worgen mount we need to wait longer, even female worgen are not implemented yet.. (maybe they scrap them )

"Every being has vulnerable spots, Make it your business to know them all."
The Assassin's Creed, Chapter 2
Old 09-06-2010, 04:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
Hmm, that may rule out Temple of Earth then if they are using the Storecore as the place he was resting.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this basically the same thing, as in the Stonecore being part of the Temple of Earth/under it?
Old 09-06-2010, 05:48 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
If it is, I haven't seen it. The only new elemental models I remember seeing were those bound elemental models.
And they're ugly as hell.

I really hope they create at least 3 different new models for each element, we need them, or it's going to become more generic than vanilla ogres.

Also, now it's the time, later would make no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
The thing is, the end boss of Cataclysm (presumably) himself remains unattached to any existing place as his final raid encounter. That means the final patch of the expansion could easily involve some totally new area being unveiled (or "redecorated" into some new iteration by Deathwing) to serve specifically as the location of the final showdown with the Destroyer and his most powerful minions.

As it stands, unlike Arthas in his citadel or TBC's bosses brooding in their various fortresses, Deathwing's basically a mobile villain with no indicated home from which he's presiding over the activities of the Twilight's Hammer and his dragonflights. He appears in various outdoor events, but there's no solid sense of "he's hiding in that castle and we'll have to go kill him in there" yet. The equivalent of ICC isn't staring down at us the whole time for Cataclysm; we don't really know for sure where the final battle will occur.

When it comes right down to it, for players to battle him in the end he'll probably have to be tied down to a specific location for it to work (otherwise, it's hard to imagine the endgame boiling down to an outdoor raid boss). Considering Blizzard probably wouldn't end the whole expansion on a single-boss Malygos-style encounter, it'll likely involve at least a 10/25-man, possibly one or more 5-mans to go with it like the Sunwell or ICC had, and perhaps even a whole zone to house it all like Quel'danas did.

Such a place, depending on just where it is, could end up containing things that were shown in concept art and haven't appeared in the game world yet.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a new place at the Elemental Plane, like the hidden lair of the black dragonflight or something. After all, there must be some lair around. A "crossroads" of the different planes would be nice.

I guess the original one is now abandoned or something, but that doesn't mean Deathwing doesn't have some new hideout. The eggs were probably stored under Grim Batol all this time, but Deathwing wasn't down there all the time imo.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 09-06-2010 at 05:54 AM..
Old 09-06-2010, 10:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
And they're ugly as hell.

I really hope they create at least 3 different new models for each element, we need them, or it's going to become more generic than vanilla ogres.

Also, now it's the time, later would make no sense.
They have Revenants, the old models, the unbound models and the bound models to use. They don't need more.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:00 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

*new models*

As far as I know, only unbound ones are new.

What I mean is that we need "major" and "lesser" castes, considering the generic ones the "middle" caste.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-06-2010, 11:32 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
From what i saw worgen at the moment buy night elf mounts.

And i honestly think worgen concept mount from blizzcon is scraped and redesigned heavy, probably into something else. Goblins already have trike bike model in files. For worgen mount we need to wait longer, even female worgen are not implemented yet.. (maybe they scrap them )
So my dog gets to ride a cat...

Also, they're not scrapping the female worgen - I recall them saying at Blizzcon '09 that the whole reason why they left priests in as a playable worgen class was because the shadowform female worgen looked so good.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:36 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
So my dog gets to ride a cat...

Also, they're not scrapping the female worgen - I recall them saying at Blizzcon '09 that the whole reason why they left priests in as a playable worgen class was because the shadowform female worgen looked so good.
A lot changes in a year and it's pretty likely they are changing the female worgen in the same way they changed the male unless they are holding the model back for it's extra features (since otherwise the models been good to play for months).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
*new models*

As far as I know, only unbound ones are new.

What I mean is that we need "major" and "lesser" castes, considering the generic ones the "middle" caste.
I'd rather them spend that development time better as they have enough to choose from right now for normal mobs.

Last edited by Leviathon; 09-06-2010 at 11:42 AM..
Old 09-06-2010, 01:39 PM

Chimaera

Well I'd rather resources spent on Raid Bosses get priority too, but Elemental models are certainly lacking imo. The old ones look old and the new ones dont look very good.

Besides, they can use new Elemental models for boss elementals also.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:47 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
They have Revenants, the old models, the unbound models and the bound models to use. They don't need more.
Revenants are specifically undead elementals, what they should do is make a elemental that is wearing the Revenant armor, recycle the essence of the Revenant but also give it a living elemental body.

But yeah, I do think they need more, we are going to the elemental planes, kind of important to show new variety rather than just reusing the old stuff.

Because, you know, everyone loves killing the same boars they have since level 1 over and over, that never gets old right? The same logic applys to the elemental models. The very act of going to a new zone becomes FAR less exciting when all you are doing is fighting the same creatures as before, having the generic elementals, bound and unbound just would make the elemental plains seem far less... epic.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:02 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
The thing is, the end boss of Cataclysm (presumably) himself remains unattached to any existing place as his final raid encounter. That means the final patch of the expansion could easily involve some totally new area being unveiled (or "redecorated" into some new iteration by Deathwing) to serve specifically as the location of the final showdown with the Destroyer and his most powerful minions.
Isn't he in Grim Batol?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:05 PM

Chimaera

We dont yet. The popular picks had been Temple of Earth or another Grim Batol instance, but ToE is looking less likely these days.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:44 PM

Eternal

I do not think we will get another Grim Batol instance

Possibilites
Deep Batol (as I said, dont think so but maybe)
Temple of Earth Depths (I dont think ToE is likely anymore because of the Stonecore being a 5-man)
Mount Kajaro on Kezan
Rift of Aln, I think the Rift of Aln will defintly be related to the Maelstrom and the "Twisting Nether" sky thing that can be seen above the Maelstrom and in Deepholmes roof.

My favorite: We return to Outland and find Deathwing in his lair there.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
I do not think we will get another Grim Batol instance

Possibilites
Deep Batol (as I said, dont think so but maybe)
Temple of Earth Depths (I dont think ToE is likely anymore because of the Stonecore being a 5-man)
Mount Kajaro on Kezan
Rift of Aln, I think the Rift of Aln will defintly be related to the Maelstrom and the "Twisting Nether" sky thing that can be seen above the Maelstrom and in Deepholmes roof.

My favorite: We return to Outland and find Deathwing in his lair there.
I've gotta admit, I kind of like that idea too. It's gotta be a full raid instance but also big enough to fit him. I sort of like the idea of fighting him in the open air just over azeroth.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Revenants are specifically undead elementals, what they should do is make a elemental that is wearing the Revenant armor, recycle the essence of the Revenant but also give it a living elemental body.

But yeah, I do think they need more, we are going to the elemental planes, kind of important to show new variety rather than just reusing the old stuff.

Because, you know, everyone loves killing the same boars they have since level 1 over and over, that never gets old right? The same logic applys to the elemental models. The very act of going to a new zone becomes FAR less exciting when all you are doing is fighting the same creatures as before, having the generic elementals, bound and unbound just would make the elemental plains seem far less... epic.
Well the whole point on the Djinn, the Deepholm giants and other such models is to add more variety to the elemental castes. And the Revenants being undead elementals hasn't been mentioned since Warcraft 3 and is very likely one of those things 'forgotten' about or just dropped.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
Nope. Not one sign of them.

Not.

One.

Especially NOT in the Lost Isles or Uldum
I'm not in the Beta! I don't remember any screenshots of them on here either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
I think they changed their minds and said they were just elementals, not undead like in Warcraft III. Unless there are Revenants labeled Undead in Cata that I missed?

Last edited by Rolandius; 09-06-2010 at 10:59 PM..
Old 09-07-2010, 12:14 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
I'm not in the Beta! I don't remember any screenshots of them on here either.

I think they changed their minds and said they were just elementals, not undead like in Warcraft III. Unless there are Revenants labeled Undead in Cata that I missed?
I figured the lack of the undead but rather elemental thing was a gameplay mechanic issue, sort of like how Forsaken aren't undead. I still sort of saw them as Elemental Spirits from the war with the titans inhabiting their old armor, they had this sort of incorporial elemental nature to them. Undead in a sense but since they are elemental different rules apply. But I won't deny that the undead thing hasn't been mentioned since warcraft 3 so its possibly been removed, but likewise theres nothing denying that they are not undead and this has been changed. Making either assumption is just an assumption, either they changed it or they didn't, it works either way I suppose.