Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #55001  
Old 06-15-2017, 02:33 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
I do not encourage violence against political opponents. I don't even go so far as saying things like "Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!" Which, according to how loosely you guys seem to assign encouraging or inciting violence, is an incredibly dangerous statement.
lol. Ok buddy.

Its not worth arguing with you about. I dont want Cantus ban finger to "slip" and hit me, anyway.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #55002  
Old 06-15-2017, 02:36 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Please explain how me bringing up that tweet is "inciting violence" more than the tweet itself.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #55003  
Old 06-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,990

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post

Its not worth arguing with you about. I dont want Cantus ban finger to "slip" and hit me, anyway.
Why not? You'd be a hero.
Reply With Quote
  #55004  
Old 06-15-2017, 03:48 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
lol. Ok buddy.

Its not worth arguing with you about. I dont want Cantus ban finger to "slip" and hit me, anyway.
At least the good guys are in control in the real world. Even if I didn't vote for Trump his government would still protect me and hold the bad guys accountable.
Reply With Quote
  #55005  
Old 06-15-2017, 03:59 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
At least the good guys are in control in the real world. Even if I didn't vote for Trump his government would still protect me and hold the bad guys accountable.
The real bad guys are definitely not being held accountable yet. Hopefully, justice will prevail and they'll be deposed.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #55006  
Old 06-15-2017, 04:07 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
The real bad guys are definitely not being held accountable yet. Hopefully, justice will prevail and they'll be deposed.
Did you see the budgets floating around? A lot less undeserved authority and privilege in the future. I wonder if when they lose their jobs they will even understand why they are losing them when the American people decide to fire them. Our elected representatives triumph over our unelected ones.
Reply With Quote
  #55007  
Old 06-15-2017, 04:27 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

This leaked yesterday. Nearly half of it is "deflect to Hillary Clinton" hilariously enough. My favorite part is the last line of the Clinton section where it says "Clinton's team even destroyed electronic devices with hammers and bleach. Comey and the FBI turned a blind eye to this fact. How is this not obstruction?!" Kinda funny that they just put "bleach" instead of "bleachbit." I wonder if anyone will be dumb enough to not realize that and use it as a talking poi-
Oh.

I'd appreciate if idiots would stop repeating the "they even used bleachbit and hammers" line, though. That's standard COMMSEC destruction. We always kept sledgehammers near all COMMSEC safes in case we need to do it quickly.
__________________
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 06-15-2017 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #55008  
Old 06-16-2017, 08:41 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default


Trump saves man from North Korea.




Trump's right to push for apprenticeships. There are a lot of jobs that need to be filled in the economy but we aren't training people for those jobs. They aren't just political graft jobs. They actually create value which will benefit everyone else in the economy. We won't just be better economically but I think socially when people don't need the government to sustain their life style. That just creates a bad situation where some people will always push to take more from the people paying taxes and adding value to society and that is a recipe for hostility. The former won't want to forcible pay for someone's job that doesn't benefit society in some way and the later will see any cuts as a threat to their well being.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...eships-america

This is the kind of thing Mike Rowe has talked about a lot. A lot of people that have degrees don't really need it for a job or it creates a demand for the government to create that job with tax payer money which is a bad thing. The more useful degrees are generally harder to get and some people aren't apt to any sort of degree but would do fantastic in a more hands on and less risky apprenticeship program.
Reply With Quote
  #55009  
Old 06-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Joeygiggles Joeygiggles is offline

Arch-Druid
Joeygiggles's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,150
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post

This is the kind of thing Mike Rowe has talked about a lot. A lot of people that have degrees don't really need it for a job or it creates a demand for the government to create that job with tax payer money which is a bad thing. The more useful degrees are generally harder to get and some people aren't apt to any sort of degree but would do fantastic in a more hands on and less risky apprenticeship program.
I saw an interview with him, very smart man. Its engraved in our heads at a young age that we need college and our parents push it on us because they obviously want the best for us. However there a plenty of jobs out there that you don't need college for to be successful and even more successful than college would have done for you.
My best friend never went to college and was into woodworking in HS. He now runs a construction company and does really well for him and his family. There is no reason to think that doing dirty work is some how demeaning. Im glad hes pushing this
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55010  
Old 06-16-2017, 09:55 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
I saw an interview with him, very smart man. Its engraved in our heads at a young age that we need college and our parents push it on us because they obviously want the best for us. However there a plenty of jobs out there that you don't need college for to be successful and even more successful than college would have done for you.

My best friend never went to college and was into woodworking in HS. He now runs a construction company and does really well for him and his family. There is no reason to think that doing dirty work is some how demeaning. Im glad hes pushing this
I would say most jobs don't need a college degree. Plenty of people in the USAF were taught useful technical skills that made good money but couldn't pass any college classes. It isn't a moral or intellectual failure on them. College is a very specific skill that doesn't necessarily translate to the real world. A lot of people can't make it through that would do fine in the world if given other opportunities and many people that do get through are unable to function in the adult world. It acts as an unnecessary bottleneck and sometimes the product isn't what I would call useful.
Reply With Quote
  #55011  
Old 06-16-2017, 01:30 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

"Remember, kids: It's okay for Mike Rowe, a communications major who has been employed as a TV host his entire career and never worked a single trade job, to pretend to be a gritty working man and espouse conservative rhetoric regarding employment. But if Bill Nye, a mechanical engineer who invented a fuel injection device that's still used on Boeing 747s, developed devices from the Mars rover missions, holds several patents for various inventions, and has spent over 40 years dedicating himself to educating people on science, decides to make a Netflix show discussing science, he's just simply not credible."
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #55012  
Old 06-16-2017, 01:50 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
"Remember, kids: It's okay for Mike Rowe, a communications major who has been employed as a TV host his entire career and never worked a single trade job, to pretend to be a gritty working man and espouse conservative rhetoric regarding employment. But if Bill Nye, a mechanical engineer who invented a fuel injection device that's still used on Boeing 747s, developed devices from the Mars rover missions, holds several patents for various inventions, and has spent over 40 years dedicating himself to educating people on science, decides to make a Netflix show discussing science, he's just simply not credible."
"science"
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #55013  
Old 06-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Ol'Yoggy Ol'Yoggy is offline

Arch-Druid
Ol'Yoggy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,390

Default

Kak, conservatives in general hate science. Jeff Sessions is trying to keep forensics in the dark ages; global warming is ridiculed even though every actual scientist says it's real; hacks like Robert Spencer and Pam Gellar are taken seriously on Islam even though actual scholars like Bernard Lewis and Karen Armstrong disagree with them and say the picture is more complicated.s

Liberals can have their moments (anti vaxxers anyone?) but in general conservatives tend to scorn science far more
Reply With Quote
  #55014  
Old 06-16-2017, 01:55 PM
Shekinah Shekinah is offline

Arch-Druid
Shekinah's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: On a pale horse
Posts: 2,423

Mana

Despite all the doctors and engineers who vote conservative.
__________________
I like to cook. Here's a thread on how it relates to Warcraft.
Reply With Quote
  #55015  
Old 06-16-2017, 01:57 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
"science"
People can still disagree with Bill Nye even if he has a mechanical engineering degree. No one is going to care about my degree the same way.

Apprenticeships aren't just something Trump wanted to do though.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/brief...prenticeships/
Reply With Quote
  #55016  
Old 06-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

But Mike Rowe is just a communications major. Why would you listen to him on this subject if you ignore Bill Nye because he's an engineer?
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #55017  
Old 06-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,145

Default

Mother Jones just called Dave Rubin (Rubin report dude) far right worse than breitbart.

The dudes gay married, fairly sure jewish, pro pot legalization, anti nation building, ect...

And the journo so far is trying to defend it.

This is the problem with rhetoric and media partisanship. This is why PJ is upset over the shooting.

Anyone who deviates is a threat. is racist. Is extremist.

This shits disgusting.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #55018  
Old 06-16-2017, 02:59 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Yoggy View Post
Kak, conservatives in general hate science. Jeff Sessions is trying to keep forensics in the dark ages; global warming is ridiculed even though every actual scientist says it's real; hacks like Robert Spencer and Pam Gellar are taken seriously on Islam even though actual scholars like Bernard Lewis and Karen Armstrong disagree with them and say the picture is more complicated.s

Liberals can have their moments (anti vaxxers anyone?) but in general conservatives tend to scorn science far more
Flag on the play. Islamic studies ain't even science.
Reply With Quote
  #55019  
Old 06-16-2017, 02:59 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Mother Jones just called Dave Rubin (Rubin report dude) far right worse than breitbart.

The dudes gay married, fairly sure jewish, pro pot legalization, anti nation building, ect...

And the journo so far is trying to defend it.

This is the problem with rhetoric and media partisanship. This is why PJ is upset over the shooting.

Anyone who deviates is a threat. is racist. Is extremist.

This shits disgusting.
Motherjones is kinda like a lefty version of Breitbart. Just ignore it.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #55020  
Old 06-16-2017, 03:10 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
This is why PJ is upset over the shooting.
I just feel like I waited a long time for Obama to get out of office and voted in people I wanted to bring about change and now people keep saying they are illegitimate and are trying to kill them. It has nothing to do with their policy proposals. I think they will be helpful to the economy and national security.
Reply With Quote
  #55021  
Old 06-16-2017, 03:12 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
I just feel like I waited a long time for Obama to get out of office and voted in people I wanted to bring about change and now people keep saying they are illegitimate and are trying to kill them. It has nothing to do with their policy proposals. I think they will be helpful to the economy and national security.
Wanting to improve American anything makes you far right
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #55022  
Old 06-16-2017, 03:16 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Wanting to improve American anything makes you far right
I have probably had more opportunities to hurt Obama than anyone here but I didn't. I did my job because the constitution is more important than my personal feelings.
Reply With Quote
  #55023  
Old 06-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Wanting to improve American anything makes you far right
People have caught on to the time-honored right-wing strategy of "let's improve America by destroying it" though.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #55024  
Old 06-16-2017, 03:49 PM
Ol'Yoggy Ol'Yoggy is offline

Arch-Druid
Ol'Yoggy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,390

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
But Mike Rowe is just a communications major. Why would you listen to him on this subject if you ignore Bill Nye because he's an engineer?
That's exactly it. Nye has FAR more experience and knowledge than Rowe does yet because Rowe says what they want conservatives heed him.

It's like with Conservatives who believe Robert Spencer. The man has no peer reviewed papers, no degrees in the subject of Islam and no diplomas....yet apparently conservatives heed him over the countless experts who have those things but disagree with him
Reply With Quote
  #55025  
Old 06-16-2017, 03:52 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

But I am an engineer. Why not listen to everything I say?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.