Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-04-2016, 04:36 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Going to take that a step further

Cenarius: Hey that being in the Well created me
Nelves: So she's your mom
Cenarius: Yeah that's what I just said (Elune = Mother in Titan language maybe?)
Makes sense, considering that Titans don't mate and just create other beings or adopt baby worlds.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:36 PM

Hippogryph Rider

At least we get a new meme from Chronicles: Delusional Nelves
Old 03-04-2016, 04:44 PM

Elune

As pointed out, it's also earthen and Tauren
Old 03-04-2016, 04:48 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
As pointed out, it's also earthen and Tauren
Yeah the Tauren have their story about hunting Ap'aro so it's not just some Nelf story. What Earthen?
Old 03-04-2016, 04:59 PM

Owl Scout

If Anveena is "the remaining energies of the Sunwell transfigured into the form of a human avatar by the red dragon Korialstrasz", maybe Elune is the energies of the Well of Eternity transfigured into a being by somebody (pantheon?).

BTW, can Anveena be considered a Wild God now ?!?
Old 03-04-2016, 05:09 PM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzbah View Post
If Anveena is "the remaining energies of the Sunwell transfigured into the form of a human avatar by the red dragon Korialstrasz", maybe Elune is the energies of the Well of Eternity transfigured into a being by somebody (pantheon?).

I was thinking something similar. The book says that baby Azeroth sucked up most of the spirit element, right (and as an aside, isn't that what made the other elements go nuts and start warring, since spirit is a kind of separate element that soothes them or whatever?)? Well what if the Titans (or the keepers, whoever it was) scooped the rest up and shoved it in the moon after they locked the other elements away, and this eventually manifested a singular identity? Elune the Spirit Lord, like a happy Ragnaros with a hot elf ass. Then she decided to watch over baby Azeroth since she might as well because he fucking ate her, or if you want to be more poetic, she nursed him/her/it. The earth-mother! Hits all the right notes for me, assuming my premises are sound.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:12 PM

Priestess of the Moon

I think Elune is a being actually living on the moon. Maybe it's why the Kaldorei have such an affinity for the night, why they are nocturnal; they only get moon juice when the White Lady is visible. It's when they can shadowmeld, it's when they commune with her. Whatever the case, they definitely refer to it as a Her(Naaru dont have genders), and the main Kaldorei religion is centered around her(not down with being worshipped).
Old 03-04-2016, 09:35 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzbah View Post

Hmm.

Imagine for a moment that Ysera took three samples of water from the Well of Eternity and put them in three different petri dishes with soil samples from Un'goro, Sholazar, and the Vale. She then watched to see what kinda weird organisms crawled out of those dishes. She didn't CREATE the Wild Gods, but she created the environments that birthed them and then adopted them into her design for the natural order of Azeroth, including binding them to the Emerald Dream.

The Wild Gods are a consequence of the Well of Eternity. A byproduct.

Anveena was a construct put together by Krasus. If the Wild Gods were free radical microbes from the primordial muck of Well-washed soil samples, then Anveena was really a Frankenstein monster engineered by Krasus for a specific purpose. Anveena isn't a byproduct in any way save for the strictest sense of the word.

Additionally, if the other critical element of the Wild Gods is their connection to the Emerald Dream by Freya, the fact that Anveena has no such connection would also separate her from that category.

I think we can safely say that Anveena is an anomaly.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:00 PM

World Builder

The Titans have become what I'd originally hoped Elune was "World Souls" except I'd hoped Elune was the 'soul' of a star that simply used one of Azeroth's moons as transportation.

Oh well.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-04-2016, 10:47 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Hmm.

Imagine for a moment that Ysera took three samples... <snip>
Couple that with Elune being worshipped for awhile beforeThe Sundering, we can rule her out as a physical manifestation of a dead Well.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Hmm.

Imagine for a moment that Freya () took three samples of water from the Well of Eternity and put them in three different petri dishes with soil samples from Un'goro, Sholazar, and the Vale. She then watched to see what kinda weird organisms crawled out of those dishes. She didn't CREATE the Wild Gods, but she created the environments that birthed them and then adopted them into her design for the natural order of Azeroth, including binding them to the Emerald Dream.

The Wild Gods are a consequence of the Well of Eternity. A byproduct.

Anveena was a construct put together by Krasus. If the Wild Gods were free radical microbes from the primordial muck of Well-washed soil samples, then Anveena was really a Frankenstein monster engineered by Krasus for a specific purpose. Anveena isn't a byproduct in any way save for the strictest sense of the word.

Additionally, if the other critical element of the Wild Gods is their connection to the Emerald Dream by Freya, the fact that Anveena has no such connection would also separate her from that category.

I think we can safely say that Anveena is an anomaly.
But were the Wild Gods already different from other new life forms since the beginning, meaning that they were Wild Gods even before Freya linked them to the Emerald Dream and gave them immortality, or did they only become Wild Gods through the link? If it's the former, being connected to the Emerald Dream shouldn't really be a critical element.

By the way, didn't Aviana get turned into a Wild God during the War of the Ancients? How did Elune achieve that?

Edit:
Ahh.... RPG lore. If only I could forget RPG lore instead of the lore that is still canon.

Last edited by Nazja; 03-05-2016 at 01:33 AM..
Old 03-05-2016, 02:40 PM

Eternal

Elune the Wild God created the Moonkin as her equivalent to the Quilboar/Furbolgs/Yaungol!
Old 03-05-2016, 02:51 PM

The Sun King

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Naaru are the equivalent of the Old Gods
>This is the actual lore right now.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:52 PM

Night Elf Icon (War3)

If Elune is a naaru, why is it that many of the Wild Gods that arose from that particular pool, and the trolls who evolved thanks to it, share so many facial features? Obviously, a naaru would not have affected them so, and Cenarius's children predate the night elves, so he and the others can't simply have changed their features in order to match the race they interact with the most.

If Elune is a Wild God, is she the mother of Aviana, Cenarius and Aessina?
Old 03-05-2016, 03:10 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
>This is the actual lore right now.
Nope, Old Gods have someone above them, Naaru are all on their own, thus have no support.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-05-2016, 03:12 PM

Eternal

Naaru were created at the dawn of the universe by coalescing shards of the Light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
If Elune is a Wild God, is she the mother of Aviana, Cenarius and Aessina?
Cenarius at least!
Old 03-05-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
Cenarius at least!
I suppose that the other two could be her sisters or nieces or whatever.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:15 PM

Arch-Druid

Naaru are also way weaker than even the Old Gods.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:17 PM

Elune

Unless Naaru can change their form, they just don't choose to, or Elune if she was "corrupted" by the WoE, turned herself into that nelf form and then used it as a template to create her Chosen.

So many ways to go with this.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:26 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Nope, Old Gods have someone above them, Naaru are all on their own, thus have no support.
Which arguably makes sense; the nature of Light makes me think it would tend to be far less centralized in its nature than Void is; Light radiates outward into everything; Void draws everything inward to itself.

Which one might speculate could be why the Void Lords are unable to cross over on their own; when you basically exist as the singularity of the universe's ultimate negative vacuum, the pull away from reality into yourself might be so strong that the only way to escape it is to create a comparably powerful vacuum in the physical universe - i.e. a "Dark Titan." - to pull you through.

--------------

In the spirit of the thread itself, I have a theory to spitball here. Given that certain Keepers seem to have a connection to specific members of the Pantheon, I have to wonder if maybe Elune is essentially Azeroth's Keeper - a powerful presence generated as an extension of the world-soul within, yet an intangible one who's limited in her ability to intervene unbidden because her "maker" hasn't been born yet.

In fact, how's that for an idea; what if in the same way titans are born from worlds, the souls of their Keepers are born from the moons that orbit those worlds? Thus the most powerful titans - like Aman'thul - could have come from especially massive and vibrant worlds with a large number of satellites spinning around them, birthing armies of Keepers who would then serve as their agents in Reordering countless worlds.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:27 PM

Eternal

I think I still like a Wild God born from the Well itself more, but the Keeper idea is also really nice.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:36 PM

World Builder

Quote:
I think I still like a Wild God born from the Well itself more, but the Keeper idea is also really nice.
We've beaten the shit out of keepers easily, kinda removes Elune's mystique.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-05-2016, 03:39 PM

Eternal

Quote:
We've beaten the shit out of keepers easily, kinda removes Elune's mystique.
We've beaten the shit out of everything though. We'll even beat the shit out of Sargeras soon enough.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:48 PM

World Builder

Quote:
We've beaten the shit out of everything though. We'll even beat the shit out of Sargeras soon enough.
No we'll wake up Azeroth, beat him to purify the old god corruption out and then he'll help us fight sargy Ala Thorim and the keepers vs. Yoggy.

Then at the end Sargeras will pull a mass stun and prepare to destroy us all and then Azeroth will pull a Tirion and we'll be treated to a cinematic of Sargeras vs Azeroth beamfighting Ala the SC2 ending...

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-05-2016, 04:23 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
No we'll wake up Azeroth, beat him to purify the old god corruption out and then he'll help us fight sargy Ala Thorim and the keepers vs. Yoggy.

Then at the end Sargeras will pull a mass stun and prepare to destroy us all and then Azeroth will pull a Tirion and we'll be treated to a cinematic of Sargeras vs Azeroth beamfighting Ala the SC2 ending...
Please, no!

Unlike the Sylvanas-becomes-Titan joke, this one really hurts because I know it's possible...

Tags
chronicle, elune, speculation