Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:47 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Looks like her blonde and white hairs swapped places.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:47 AM

Arch-Druid

Now it's not even fun to speculate anymore lol, now it's too obvious.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:00 AM

Arch-Druid

Is it too much to hope this ends with her reverting to pre-MoP Jaina? There's already Genn and Tyrande to fuel faction conflict on Alliance side, I never got the point with changing her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Looks like her blonde and white hairs swapped places.
I thought something looked off, but I couldn't pin what it was.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:03 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
That would be cool indeed... I really want to see a set up where each old gods is related to a specific Void Lord, and the Old god who win will grant access to the Reality for his master to eat
Well, Xal'atath has that line about echoes and fragments. It might be nice if the Void Lords expanded on the personality of the Old Gods. Where one had C'thun-like traits, though not in a way where it was just C'thun.

Though really, I want some of them to seem almost reasonable. Something you'd at least be curious in listening to. Something you might consider to be the superior option over all the other Void Lords, so you can have people sign up for one Void Lord's faction because they'd rather not let any of the others win. Sign up for what you perceive to be the lesser evil.

Maybe you're a curious fellow, and a Lord of Secrets would be right up your alley even if those secrets might break your mind or be uncovered through unsavory means, ending with reality itself being gutted and dissected to satiate its bottomless curiosity. Maybe you think it'd be better if everything just ended, no more pain or suffering. Maybe you just want to have fun breaking shit, and not give a damn about anything. Maybe you think struggle hones strength and weeds out the weak, and want to reach ever increasing heights of power in a pseudo-Darwinian hellhole. Maybe there's a guy for that.

I want to see a balanced pantheon of sorts, even if its a cold and twisted one. Give them ideals to be worshiped for, and give them unique ways for how they'll inevitably end up destroying all that is. Not necessarily out of malice, but just as a result of their nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Is it too much to hope this ends with her reverting to pre-MoP Jaina? There's already Genn and Tyrande to fuel faction conflict on Alliance side, I never got the point with changing her.
I'd rather they not go backwards. I don't think she'll revert, but maybe she could reach a new stable point and move onto something better. Perhaps a little more like she used to be.

Last edited by Krakhed; 08-04-2017 at 11:22 AM..
Old 08-04-2017, 02:10 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
They are sticking with the formula of "Leads into next one" if you havent understood that yet you are literally retarded.
Gurz, please refrain from insulting folks you disagree with.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:47 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

So when do we think that the announcement will be? Is smart money on BlizzCon or Gamescon?
Old 08-04-2017, 02:59 PM

Arch-Druid

Blizzcon just seems more likely considering 7.3 would come out literally days after Gamescom meaning they can easily talk about another patch possibly, aswell as having 7.3 be playable on the machines. While Blizzcon will focus entirely on the clear path / future of a new expansion.

WoD was just an extream outlier, they basicly abandoned the expansion halfway through, they needed to announce their next plan as early as Gamescom.

Last edited by Azurehax; 08-04-2017 at 03:02 PM..
Old 08-04-2017, 03:05 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I'm leaning towards BlizzCon as well for those reasons. However one thing to note is that for Legion, it wasn't confirmed there would be an expansion announcement until one week before Gamescom. So we'll know for certain in roughly two weeks.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 08-04-2017 at 03:11 PM..
Old 08-04-2017, 03:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Ah yes. I forgot that they announce the announcement so to speak. So we'll find out earlier than I expected.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:14 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
Blizzcon just seems more likely considering 7.3 would come out literally days after Gamescom meaning they can easily talk about another patch possibly, aswell as having 7.3 be playable on the machines. While Blizzcon will focus entirely on the clear path / future of a new expansion.

WoD was just an extream outlier, they basicly abandoned the expansion halfway through, they needed to announce their next plan as early as Gamescom.
I agree, Legion has just been so much more successful and has probably given them room to breathe. But of course, there is the possibility that they tease us at gamescom with maybe a game-engine cutscene of something transpiring while we're offworld. The key would be to not take focus or weight away from argus and not sure if any kind of teaser about next expac or even a bridge patch is possible without doing that.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:44 PM

Elune

ha.ha.hahaha
Old 08-04-2017, 03:59 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sift View Post
The key would be to not take focus or weight away from argus and not sure if any kind of teaser about next expac or even a bridge patch is possible without doing that.
It's definitely not possible. People have already moved on from talking about Argus since we got the dialogue for the end of the raid, and the patch isn't even out yet. Teasing something for next expansion just before or just after Argus comes out would kill that more.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:08 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sift View Post
I agree, Legion has just been so much more successful and has probably given them room to breathe. But of course, there is the possibility that they tease us at gamescom with maybe a game-engine cutscene of something transpiring while we're offworld. The key would be to not take focus or weight away from argus and not sure if any kind of teaser about next expac or even a bridge patch is possible without doing that.
I don't think Blizzard works that way, the ''here's the name look at this neat cutscene, now bye''. They know us too well, it would A: be super underwhelming to the average joe (not us) B] Definitely undermine Argus a bit.

Remember when we expected them to just talk little to nothing about Legion during Gamescom and then continue at Blizzcon? Then at Gamescom they had A LOT of stuff to present, the result of all that is basicly because WoD was cut halfway through.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:26 PM

Sentinel Queen

Do you think they'll continue the good expansion-bad expansion-good expansion pattern they have going?
Old 08-04-2017, 05:33 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Apparently they said at the Activision Blizzard earnings call that Blizzard will announce something at Gamescom. Didn't say what franchise it relates to.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:09 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Do you think they'll continue the good expansion-bad expansion-good expansion pattern they have going?
Probable But Legion fixed some issues the game has had since cata or so (lack of end game content)
Old 08-04-2017, 06:30 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Apparently they said at the Activision Blizzard earnings call that Blizzard will announce something at Gamescom. Didn't say what franchise it relates to.
Rock and Roll Racing: Remastered

EDIT: In all seriousness, here is what I think will happen:

Blizz will reveal the name, a very small amount of artwork and a marquee character for the next expansion but tell us very little about it- at most a bare-bones teaser. Giving us more than what can be speculated via datamining but not enough for any meat, that will make people very vocal and keep buzz about Warcraft high until Blizzcon when we get a full reveal. If we're lucky we might know what villain group we're fighting or the location of the expac, but I can see that being hidden, too.

Last edited by Omacron; 08-04-2017 at 06:47 PM..
Old 08-04-2017, 07:17 PM

Arch-Druid

So when the patch comes out we'll get AK level 41 and it'll go up weekly from there. Anyone know what the new cap is?
Old 08-04-2017, 07:44 PM

Arch-Druid

Is anyone watching the TradeMark registrations?
Old 08-04-2017, 07:52 PM

Faerie Dragon

Apparently some people were invited to Blizzard's HQ not too long ago, Necroxis said on a video that they saw future things, nothing expansion related, but something about 7.4 and that it's really cool, so it's possible that they will show a preview of 7.4 at Gamescom or something and the expansion announcement at Blizzcon.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:00 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterisk View Post
so when the patch comes out we'll get ak level 41 and it'll go up weekly from there. Anyone know what the new cap is?
Old 08-04-2017, 09:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
Apparently some people were invited to Blizzard's HQ not too long ago, Necroxis said on a video that they saw future things, nothing expansion related, but something about 7.4 and that it's really cool, so it's possible that they will show a preview of 7.4 at Gamescom or something and the expansion announcement at Blizzcon.
If you're referring to this video, all he says is that's what he thinks they're working on and he didn't actually get a chance to talk to CDev. He talks about it starting around 50 seconds in.
I don't follow Necroxis though, not really a fan of him, so I don't know if something else came up at another point. I could see a minor patch being announced at Gamescom though.

Last edited by Asterisk; 08-04-2017 at 09:29 PM..
Old 08-05-2017, 02:23 AM

Arch-Druid

Didn't see this mentioned in public discussions, so... apparently Eonar's temple was renamed. Again. From Life's Refuge to Elunarian Sanctuary to Elarian Sanctuary. Yet I don't know if the name of the whole planet was changed from Elunaria to a new one.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:23 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
If you're referring to this video, all he says is that's what he thinks they're working on and he didn't actually get a chance to talk to CDev. He talks about it starting around 50 seconds in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJX1_u1bqdw
I don't follow Necroxis though, not really a fan of him, so I don't know if something else came up at another point. I could see a minor patch being announced at Gamescom though.
Doesnt he basically say they talked about what they wanted in 7.4?

Yeah I could see why people dont like him.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:38 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
It'll be warcraft related apparently

My brother works for a gaming press company and he gots some insight from the warcraft guy at Millenium ( big gaming esport team with a great french presence on wow ) this guy apparently said that he was pressed by blizzard press guy to attend to Gamescom because there would be something he shouldn't miss there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion