Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 01:54 AM

Elune

Terran with a hype train tweet. That's sure to kick the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Back to 7.3 news, the "Yrelka" NPC has had its name changed to "Commander." It's still nowhere to be found on the PTR.
Worth mentioning the NPC draenei in Velen's backstory cutscene have Yrelka's exact armour, including the fucking atrociously ugly vanilla WoW cloak.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:06 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

The terran stuff is most probable just a 7.3 trailer.

Nothing else Especially if it releases on the 29th.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:52 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Poor Naisha. Just given the generic banshee model that no longer has elven ears after they changed their minds about her being the huntress boss.
Having her as a major boss would involve remembering that Illidan was an asshole and Maiev had reasons to hate him though!

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 08-06-2017, 09:15 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Having her as a major boss would involve remembering that Illidan was an asshole and Maiev had reasons to hate him though!
Remembering he is an asshole? Like Like Xe'ra visions and the Illidan novel?
Old 08-06-2017, 09:33 AM

Eternal

So. I just realized there are no Argi goats on Argus.

0/10, 7.3 is literally unplayable now
Old 08-06-2017, 09:41 AM

Arch-Druid

The huntress bosses have been there since the tomb was the temple. Naisha being part of them wouldn't make sense timeline-wise.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:04 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Remembering he is an asshole? Like Like Xe'ra visions and the Illidan novel?
The same Xe'ra visions that showed him to be a massive asshole... And somehow tried to argue that it was a sign of virtue?

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 08-06-2017, 10:29 AM

Eternal

Quote:
The same Xe'ra visions that showed him to be a massive asshole... And somehow tried to argue that it was a sign of virtue?
Kur'talos: "Illidan, why are you killing our own mage-"

Illidan: "WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF SACRIFICE?!"

*continues to nom on the mages*
Old 08-06-2017, 10:35 AM

Eternal

Quote:
So? He's still an asshole nonetheless.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Well hey, Xe'ra also had Alleria locked up for doing shit which was really no worse, probably actually a lot less worse, than anything Illidan did. And apparently Illidan kills her, because he feels like she's forcing some destiny on him.

I'm not sure Xe'ra is supposed to be morally unquestionable. In fact, I'm really hoping she's not. If she believes Illidan's dickishness are virtues, I'd be really concerned as to how many other Naaru think like her and what portion of the Army of Light they command.

Nothing like a sizable army willing to make the hard decisions and sacrifice others for the "greater good", especially if they're hypocrites.

Last edited by Krakhed; 08-06-2017 at 10:53 AM..
Old 08-06-2017, 11:39 AM

Arch-Druid

At the beginning of Legion, I was pretty annoyed at Illidan being seemly whitewashed into "he was right all along" and "we are evil for opposing him". I'm glad that later Legion acts showed that Illidan is still the magnificent bastard that will screw anyone allied with him just so he can play hero and get greater power. He's been a dick the entire expansion, and Xe'ra deserved her fate after trusting that asshole.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-06-2017, 11:42 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
The huntress bosses have been there since the tomb was the temple. Naisha being part of them wouldn't make sense timeline-wise.
Yes I know all about the flavor lore that could easily have been completely different that'd have made Illidans flavor text about how the spirits will never forgive him when you enter that area make more sense (which to me implied the spirits were all part of Maiev's forces and not random spirits from 10 thousand years ago that he had no part in killing).

Last edited by Leviathon; 08-06-2017 at 11:46 AM..
Old 08-06-2017, 11:45 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
The huntress bosses have been there since the tomb was the temple
sauce?
Old 08-06-2017, 12:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
At the beginning of Legion, I was pretty annoyed at Illidan being seemly whitewashed into "he was right all along" and "we are evil for opposing him". I'm glad that later Legion acts showed that Illidan is still the magnificent bastard that will screw anyone allied with him just so he can play hero and get greater power. He's been a dick the entire expansion, and Xe'ra deserved her fate after trusting that asshole.
After that harmless little blunder, I think the Army of Light should focus on recruiting more righteous beings with higher moral fiber. Like Odyn. But really, the way Xe'ra took Illidan's side, while the Sha'tar fought against him, makes me think there may be issues with the Army of Light's organization and leadership.

I'd love to see some unfortunate depth and complexity there.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:40 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
sauce?
Their dungeon journal entry.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:04 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
After that harmless little blunder, I think the Army of Light should focus on recruiting more righteous beings with higher moral fiber. Like Odyn. But really, the way Xe'ra took Illidan's side, while the Sha'tar fought against him, makes me think there may be issues with the Army of Light's organization and leadership.

Well, in Illidan's novel Maiev tried to convince A'dal to help her kill Illidan and the naaru were like "no bro, he's bad but he's killing the legion too so we do not care" and directed her to enlist the aid of the Scryers.
I haven't read the novel so I don't know if after that it's specifically said why the Sha'tar helped with the siege of the Black Temple.

Edit:
Also we still don't know if the Sha'tar and Xe'ra were allied, if the naaru have more than one faction or if there were, are or will be more than one Army of the Light at the same time.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
Well, in Illidan's novel Maiev tried to convince A'dal to help her kill Illidan and the naaru were like "no bro, he's bad but he's killing the legion too so we do not care" and directed her to enlist the aid of the Scryers.
I haven't read the novel so I don't know if after that it's specifically said why the Sha'tar helped with the siege of the Black Temple.
He just sees them at the raid and questions why they're there if I remember right. I think the idea is we the players convinced A'dal some time after Maiev tried.
Quote:
Also we still don't know if the Sha'tar and Xe'ra were allied, if the naaru have more than one faction or if there were, are or will be more than one Army of the Light at the same time.
This too. Especially because K'ure's group told Velen he'd need to create the Army of Light some day, while the in-game reputation says Xe'ra has had her AoL since Argus fell.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:10 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
So. I just realized there are no Argi goats on Argus.

0/10, 7.3 is literally unplayable now
I'm guessing he's a baby Argus talbuk, the mount description does say the ones on Argus now have heavily evolved to deal with the Legion corruption.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 08-06-2017 at 02:12 PM..
Old 08-06-2017, 02:11 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I'm guessing he's a baby Argus talbuk, the mount description does say the ones on Argus now have heavily evolved to deal with the Legion corruption.
I assumed he was a talbuk too.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:13 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
He just sees them at the raid and questions why they're there if I remember right. I think the idea is we the players convinced A'dal some time after Maiev tried.

This too. Especially because K'ure's group told Velen he'd need to create the Army of Light some day, while the in-game reputation says Xe'ra has had her AoL since Argus fell.
When Illidan questions why they're there, two of his theories are that the Elder Naaru led him into a trap, or that A'dal and the Sha'tar are part of another Naaru faction that's unaware of the Elder Naaru or opposed to it, which would fit with K'ure's quote as well.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:45 PM

Eternal

I mean the best way to ensure the creation of an Army of Light across a vast, near infinite mortal cosmos is to basically tell every strong, noble leader you meet that they're going to make an Army of Light to kill the demons.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:53 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
I mean the best way to ensure the creation of an Army of Light across a vast, near infinite mortal cosmos is to basically tell every strong, noble leader you meet that they're going to make an Army of Light to kill the demons.
Perfect. Now, what percentage of those are likely to go rogue and fuck everything up for everyone else? How many "Illidans" have the Naaru placed in charge of their armies?

Going by the races they've recruited so far, with Lothraxion and the Draenei, I'm getting the feeling that they're going to end up looking like a shinier Burning Legion. Composed of refugees they helped escape from the Legion's corruption.

I'd love to see their Mo'arg Lightguards.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:52 PM

Arch-Druid

Completely unrelated to anything but I found it neat that the new Paladin DK class in Hearthstone summons the NEW horsemen from Legion.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:13 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post

The Sha'tar fought Illidan because of Kael. If you trace back every lore description of the Sha'tar back to the Burning Crusade official websites, the original offender is shown as being Kael ("under" Illidan, but yeeh), not the purple-skinned genocidal maniac.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:41 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

So how can Turalyon have been fighting the Legion for thousands of years?
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion