Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 03:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Wait why is the Horde holding a parade when neither faction did anything during Legion?
Old 11-02-2017, 03:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Remember, the name of the name of the book is "Before the Storm". Sylvanas may have had every intention of taking Stormwind and sparking the next faction war... before the storm.

In other words, we may not be getting a faction war; at least not in full.
I also doubt a full faction war.
Neither the Alliance nor the Horde would want it.
But we will get conflict anyway, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Wait why is the Horde holding a parade when neither faction did anything during Legion?
THose pre-expansion demonic invasions never stopped, the world was being attacked everywhere. Alliance and Horde armies were fighting off those demons everywhere. The action in the Broken Isles was mostly carried by the Class Orders and Dalaran, but it was also the Alliance and Horde that supplied those with troops.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 11-02-2017 at 03:37 PM..
Old 11-02-2017, 03:40 PM

Eternal

Thunder Bluff is specifically mentioned during the shaman opening class quest as being sieged by infernals.

Also sometimes you just generally hold a celebration over surviving. Especially over surviving an invasion of demons and imprisoning their evil god leader.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:54 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
I miss the Metzen cokehead frenzy posts
I have my favorite one saved.

Name:  Metzen Meat Spin.png
Views: 428
Size:  29.7 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:30 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
Also sometimes you just generally hold a celebration over surviving. Especially over surviving an invasion of demons and imprisoning their evil god leader.
Yeah. It's bad for morale if, after all the crisis and all the deaths, the big leader comes out and say: "Well, someone else solved the problem! We can't celebrate our weakness, guys!".

Old 11-02-2017, 04:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Damn, I came here as fast as I could to deliver this news.

Ok, we have a potential dissident faction of undead. That's way interesting and has huge potential. Love this.

And Sylvanas wants to be Garrosh 2.0, now more cunning and manipulative, or does the end mislead us?
I was already kind of interested (and amused since, shocker, Sylvanas going down an evil route, who saw this coming?) but I didn't even think about this Desolate Council being dissidents/opposed to her. Very interesting.

Also Sylvanas attacking Stormwind does mesh up with Varimathras' whole "when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth..."
Old 11-02-2017, 04:41 PM

Eternal

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "Gotcha" thing and that Sylvanas goes to invade stormwind but her fleet gets annihilated by old gods/naga.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "Gotcha" thing and that Sylvanas goes to invade stormwind but her fleet gets annihilated by old gods/naga.
Neither would I. I am thinking that this is going to be a faction war that is entirely existing within the book.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:53 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
If it is gonna be something like that and the entire focus becomes horde and ally vs old gods.

then its boycot time.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia View Post
I liked the whole "Desolate Council", that's genuinely interesting. Also, place your bets on Sylvanas' plans being derailed before they even begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:07 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
THose pre-expansion demonic invasions never stopped, the world was being attacked everywhere. Alliance and Horde armies were fighting off those demons everywhere. The action in the Broken Isles was mostly carried by the Class Orders and Dalaran, but it was also the Alliance and Horde that supplied those with troops.
I.e. lots of telling instead of showing.

Legion was heralded as the world under siege by the largest demonic invasion ever, and it fell well short of feeling like that, in no small part because after the pre-launch event the world outside the Broken Isles existing at all became a one-shot novelty during a few class and artifact campaigns and the Alliance and Horde as faction entities disappeared from the narrative after the Broken Shore.

Saying Cataclysm was a mistake sounds cliched at this point, but frankly this is the war that should have revamped the face of Azeroth. This is the villain whose role in the lore has shaped the face and inhabitants of Azeroth and Draenor from the very start. This is the threat with enough history and lore cache to justify the collateral damage of their assault surviving as leveling content through subsequent expansions. Not Deathwing's posse of purple-wearing crackpots and Garrosh's pointless war.

Last edited by ARM3481; 11-02-2017 at 05:10 PM..
Old 11-02-2017, 05:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Saying Cataclysm was a mistake sounds cliched at this point, but frankly this is the war that should have revamped the face of Azeroth.
Maybe it did. *wink wink*

Old 11-02-2017, 05:56 PM

Eternal

Tbh, the Burning Legion is going out with a whimper. Argus should have been its own expansion with Legion as the lead-in expansion.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:57 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Tbh, the Burning Legion is going out with a whimper. Argus should have been its own expansion with Legion as the lead-in expansion.
I'd hate to have 2-3 more years of this story going on.
Argus as the last patch was good enough, IMO.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:58 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

This basically confirms for me that Nathanos and Sylvie used to be an item together (I had my doubts in the short story and didn't want to jump on the ship just yet).

Also, maybe the loa wanted her as warchief because she's more dangerous in the shadows. It's starting to make a little more sense now. She can't be a dangerous assassin and shoot arrows from miles away when she's out in the open. She has to put on a face, whether she likes it or not, and lead everyone, not just the Forsaken. It's also good to see that the Forsaken don't really want to continue living (can't blame them, seeing yourself rot would be painful and disgusting).
Old 11-02-2017, 05:59 PM

Elune

I'm still kind of surprised Argus was just patch content, I had expected it as its own expansion too.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:06 PM

Sentinel Queen

A Prologue full of spelling errors appears to be fake to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
I'm glad we aren't having years of more demons. I'm demon and feled out.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
Seems to me like someone typed it up from the book, and did a poor job of it.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:38 PM

Eternal

I posted it in the other thread for the novel itself, but I think Sylvanas is going to Stormwind to get Arthas' corpse. "The fight," she and Nathanos have been, "longing for." Well, there's only one fight she's longed for really, and that's a fight with Arthas. Except she has another reason to want him in her clutches. She failed to get infinite Val'kyr in Stormheim. What better alternative source, then, than the original source of HER Val'kyr?
Old 11-02-2017, 06:57 PM

Loremaster

One might consider that with or without Eyir's val'kyr to make existing Forsaken effectively immortal (or at least "recyclable" whenever they die), the single largest concentrated population of humans who can viably be raised as new Forsaken would be an awfully tempting target for someone looking to surround herself with as many undead followers as possible.

It's possible that as soon as she got on this "need more Forsaken" kick, converting Stormwind's population may have become her ultimate goal. Naturally, to make that work her armies would have to fight and kill them all first.

As for Arthas, one would think that any ability he had to create more Val'kyr would lie with Bolvar now, since his Lich King undead-controlling powers were all tied to the Helm of Domination, the Frozen Throne and Frostmourne. Arthas himself was never some brilliant spellcaster with an in-depth knowledge of the mystical mechanics behind everything he could do. He just had the tools as Lich King to point his runesword at stuff and "command" things to happen.

That said, despite the "worgen tree" in Darnassus, Genn basically seems to operate out of Stormwind these days as Anduin's, so the fight she and Nathanos would be looking forward to could reference that. Especially since they both engaged in unresolved fights against him during Legion.

Last edited by ARM3481; 11-02-2017 at 07:00 PM..
Old 11-02-2017, 07:13 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

I really dislike the writing of that book. I don't like Golden's style at all.

Poor character description, poor ambience description, poor presence of the five senses (sight, smell, taste, TOUCH, SOUND).

They should've given a full-time job to the person who wrote that Nathanos short.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:18 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post

Poor character description, poor ambience description, poor presence of the five senses (sight, smell, taste, TOUCH, SOUND).

They should've given a full-time job to the person who wrote that Nathanos short.
Her writing style is fine, considering that she's writing novels for an MMORPG series. Trust me when I say it could be much much worse.

My biggest issue with Golden is that while she shines when writing from a woman's perspective (when we are told the story from Jaina's POV, for example), she absolutely sucks with men. Thrall bored me to tears, Kalec made me want to vomit, and Anduin... well, Anduin annoyed me in general up until Legion.

EDIT: Also, Sylvanas' hatred for parades matches my own. Fuck parades.

Last edited by Shekinah; 11-02-2017 at 07:21 PM..
Old 11-02-2017, 07:25 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
They're giving it away at Blizzcon in the goodie bags, it's the real thing.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:25 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post

water is wet
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion