Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 07:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Dun Dun DUNNNNN!!!!

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-02-2017, 07:50 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

New race is bananas
Old 11-02-2017, 07:56 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
New race is bananas
Finally.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:59 PM

Hippogryph

So the horde are going to be the villains again next expansion. Do they want half their playerbase to quit?

Then again, something like 98% of players don't care about lore, so no big loss if a few thousand quit.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:07 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Dun Dun DUNNNNN!!!!

>Jaina's from Kul Tiras.
>Kul Tiras soldier carrying bananas.
>Jaina's going bananas!

I fucking knew it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Last edited by Ganishka; 11-02-2017 at 08:18 PM..
Old 11-02-2017, 08:13 PM

Demon Hunter

Whats the symbol on the crate?
Old 11-02-2017, 08:16 PM

Eternal

Its Peahnut buttah jelleh tiem!
Old 11-02-2017, 08:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sift View Post
Whats the symbol on the crate?
Tel'Abim Banana Plantation. It's run by a hozen.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:18 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
A Prologue full of spelling errors appears to be fake to me.
Probably just hasn't gone through an editor yet

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-02-2017, 08:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
So the horde are going to be the villains again next expansion. Do they want half their playerbase to quit?

Then again, something like 98% of players don't care about lore, so no big loss if a few thousand quit.
I guarantee you that nothing about her plan ends up actually occurring 'before the storm'. Having the preview be such a section seems like a pretty typical misdirection to me.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:35 PM

Banished

Sylvanas will plan to attack Stormwind using a navy, Kul Tiras army will stop her in the way. In the middle of the fight Azshara/Naga/Nzoth will appear and basically fuck over both sides

The climax of the book is gonna be this basically (in fact, do not think that choosing to include this artwork in C2 was a fortuitous)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/media/wow....Second_War.jpg

Last edited by GenyaArikado; 11-02-2017 at 09:44 PM..
Old 11-02-2017, 09:32 PM

Eternal

That image is fuckhuge
Old 11-02-2017, 09:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
That image is fuckhuge
That's not what she said.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:02 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
That image is fuckhuge
So is my bf
Old 11-03-2017, 02:04 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
They're giving it away at Blizzcon in the goodie bags, it's the real thing.
A shame. While I am no fan of Sylvanas as War Chief because title and person do not mix well I hate to get the next one and another round of dark horde infusion. As a Horde player I am sick of getting the evil card constantly and a cord of deranged leaders (not counting Vol'jin). That black and white pattern the game gets shoved into is stupid and inmature and I believe that even 12 years are intelligent enough to play a morally conflicted game with many grey sides.

But after the now butchered Blood Elf lore about redemption and now not that holy Naaru I should not hope for anything I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:59 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
A shame. While I am no fan of Sylvanas as War Chief because title and person do not mix well I hate to get the next one and another round of dark horde infusion. As a Horde player I am sick of getting the evil card constantly and a cord of deranged leaders (not counting Vol'jin). That black and white pattern the game gets shoved into is stupid and inmature and I believe that even 12 years are intelligent enough to play a morally conflicted game with many grey sides.

But after the now butchered Blood Elf lore about redemption and now not that holy Naaru I should not hope for anything I guess.
Not necessarily. Saurfang and Baine both apparently are keeping tabs on her to make sure she doesn't pull a second Garrosh. I imagine if Sylvanas does something as blatantly stupid as start the 5th War, Saurfang will challenge her for the mantle of Warchief and take it from her. Or get killed, but I'm pretty sure Blizzard knows better than to kill off Saurfang. Are Mak'gora always to the death? Not that Death has ever stopped Sylvanas, she's got enough Val'kyr left for one more freebie.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:03 AM

Banished

First treademark this year
Old 11-03-2017, 06:05 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Siege of Stormwind raid incoming.........
Old 11-03-2017, 06:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Corny title, if it’s the real deal.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:06 AM

Demon Hunter

Idk what the context of that kul tiras/bananas picture is but..couldn't it be for hearthstone?

Hahaha how funny would it be if we got a (south)seas hearthstone expansion but not a wow one.

Last edited by Sift; 11-03-2017 at 07:08 AM..
Old 11-03-2017, 07:07 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Here's one more "leak":
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post47828065
Quote:
The reveal is close enough now that I can leak this without my friend getting in trouble, and this thread is unlikely to get much attention anyway. The only proof I have is the validation my thread will have when all the stuff I leak gets confirmed by the actual announcement in 10 hours. I understand if people will think I'm full of shit, but take it or leave it, determining how likely a leak is the fun part anyway.

The Setting:
The expansion packs begin with Sargeras creating a huge wound in Silithus as culmination of Antorus right before he gets impriosned, mentioning how we are blind to the real enemy, the old gods and the void.

C'thun gets empowered and awakened, and the first signs of N'zoth starts appearing. Silithus and sorounding areas (aka the south seas) gets a heavy infestations of minions of the old gods, faceless ones and stuff lie that. This is where the zones will be

The south sea zones are:

The scouting map remains in the game, you get to chose which order you want to do the zones in

Kul Tiras (Alliance hub, with Forsaken Areas) Also a leveling zone for both factions

Zandalar (Horde Hub, all though not all the trolls are happy about this arangement, some alliance presence as well) Also a leveling zone for both factions

Kezan, now as a fully fleshed out zone. Two Neutral factions, The Venture Company and Bloodsail Raiders (an off shoot of Bloodsail Buccaneers) While leveing you get introduced tho both factions, in the end you pick one, similar Sholazar Basin back in WotLK. There will be a free for all pvp areas as well.

Tel'Abim, the island that is the most infested with the old gods, you wouldn't want to eat the bananas from here anymore, pretty much an old god stronghold now.

Revamped corrupted Silthus, first raid tier takes place here. There's a huge wound from Sargeras. C'thun is the final boss of the first raid tier.

One underwater zone, heavy naga presence, Queen Azhara will be a part of this of course, she got some affiliation with the old gods.

Gilneas will be a PvP zone, similar to Ashran, all though hopefully better executed.

New Features

The main thing is subraces, as it has already been figured out through data mining. Every race gets 1 subrace, you dont choose it in the character creation screen, but get it through a long quest line at max level. So in order for Taurens to get their moose horn they have to earn the nature gods favour. Orcs find a method to cleanse themselves from demon corruption, and stuff like that.

It wouldn't really be subraces if everyone became it, so there will be an alternatives quest line, orcs can chose to embrace their demonic corruption, Taurens can become champions of Thunder bluff instead of the nature gods and so on. Your choice will only make a cosmetic difference, and change some NPC interactions and such. I been told there's some pretty cool cosmetic bling for those who chose to stay as their original race.

Mythic+ gets expanded upon. You get some in-game recognition for having the best weekly run on your realm on any of the dungeons. The group that had the realms best time in the dungeon located in Kezan will have a monument in that zone for the entire next week. for example. In this case it's a statue of your in-game character.

No new boat shenanigans you don't get to have your own custom boat or anything like that as some have speculated, sorry to disappoint.

Another profession overhaul, rank 3 recipes will be acquired through solo quests now intended to be fairly challenging, think Mage Tower, but with a lower gear requirement. A lot of flavor recipes will be very very rare. Fishing gets a lot of love this expansion.

This is all I know, I personally think it's fairly promising. Hope to see you guys come back to my thread after the expansion is announced
I hope it isn't real.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:09 AM

Eternal

Oh boy.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:25 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Here's one more "leak":

I hope it isn't real.
Before edit he says what Argus cause the wound, so...

Last edited by Aram; 11-03-2017 at 07:27 AM..
Old 11-03-2017, 07:28 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I hope shadowfall is somewhat real, but i doubt it.

I doubt most of the "leaks" because... well the last leaks were kinda short (aside form wod)
Old 11-03-2017, 07:39 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Here's one more "leak":

I hope it isn't real.
“Becoming” a subrace seems pretty bad. I kinda expect subraces to be unlocked somehow, bur not tour character beijg mutated, or you having to max out an alt before making it a subrace.

Also, linking Silithus to the South Seas makes no sense. South Seas theme, but raid in a desert?

I don’t think this the real one.

Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion