Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 08-15-2016, 02:37 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
The US should really have a referendum on same-sex marriage. It would surely pass and it would legitimize it more than having the supreme court declare it by fiat.
Is there such a thing as a federal referendum ?
Old 08-15-2016, 02:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdus View Post
Seeing how hard Blacks chimpout makes you support Jim Crow.

If Trump declares war on Black America I'll forgive his pandering to the Evangelical Neocons. I'm talking declaring BLM a terrorist organization, ordering deportations of chimpin' Blacks....
Yes we should deport them to the black country they all come from.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:43 AM

Banished

It'd be even better if some of them got enslaved in Africa.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:12 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
Yes we should deport them to the black country they all come from.
Yeah! Send 'em all back to the West Midlands where they came from!
Old 08-15-2016, 03:25 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdus View Post
It'd be even better if some of them got enslaved in Africa.
Do you want to be enslaved?
Old 08-15-2016, 03:49 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Do you want to be enslaved?
Do you look good in leather, Sarah?
Old 08-15-2016, 03:54 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Do you look good in leather, Sarah?
I think it looks best on the cow most times, to be honest.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:30 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
I hear you've never seen Omacron sporting tight leather pantaloons, because that's basically the definition of sexy.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:43 AM

Elune

Quote:
Back on The Wire kick I see.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:09 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Bloodlust

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Back on The Wire kick I see.
I would do Tony from The Sopranos but its as depressing as it is funny. D: Need more HBO-level cinematic television with high production values, profanity, nudity, comedy and tragedy. Its completely bonkers to me that standard American television producers feel far more comfortable showing violence to audiences than a boob or the word 'fuck.' I'm all for watching cinematic guts and gore, but if there show's universe is else-wise so self-censored to the point of disbelief - so it can be hard to be truly invested in the drama. Its why TV soaps are so boring.

Market sponsorship is a bad way to fund television programmes anyway - the director's art becomes beholden to advertising and corporate meddling. Thank you public television (Aunty Beeb) <3

Last edited by Shaman; 08-15-2016 at 05:12 AM..
Old 08-15-2016, 09:18 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
So there is video footage of the rioters in Milwaukee targeting white people and trying to beat them up. If true, these rioters have committed hate crimes. Yet the media is suspiciously quiet about it. Why, I wonder?

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/sta...511745/video/1

Watch the video in the provided link and see for yourself.

Is "black power" now synonymous with "kill white people" or do we not need to "open a dialogue" about this as our liberal friends like to say?
Copy/pasting from the SJW thread because this is actually relevant to American politics.

Obama's America, for real. If there's a race war in this country we already know who fired the first shot.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:29 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
If there's a race war in this country we already know who fired the first shot.
Portuguese ?

Edit : with one less s

Last edited by Reinhardt; 08-15-2016 at 09:47 AM..
Old 08-15-2016, 09:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
Portugueses ?
Not sure if Portuguese.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:43 AM

World Builder

Me: Pages of Implicit Bias studies and incidents where cops kill people and aren't held accountable.

Others: Eh, isolated incidents.

Also others: OH GOOD LOOK AT THIS SYSTEMIC RACIAL WAR BEING PROPAGATED BY BLM

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 08-15-2016 at 09:45 AM..
Old 08-15-2016, 10:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
That's a good point about the difference between social pressure being applied anonymously versus applied by those one knows.

I still think social pressure is very easy to abuse. It's also not impartial, and tends to target those who are disliked. Similarly, this makes it easier for those who are liked to cover up their abuses. The law must be there to limit the form social pressure can take (and I suspect you'd agree with this).

Your last paragraph interested me, since I'm of the opinion that we do not live in tolerant times. There have never been truly tolerant times, because there is always behavior that is beyond the pale. A society that tolerated everything would simply cease to exist.

As an example, there were times and places in the United States in which the Klan was socially tolerated (openly encouraged). The Klan is now roundly condemned by all but a few degenerates. However, condemning the Klan is a form of intolerance. It's a good form, and one that I welcome and heartily encourage.

Currently, the goal seems to be focus intolerance against groups and individuals who are intolerant of others on the basis of intrinsic characteristics--race and sexual orientation being the most obvious. I'm pretty much okay with this.

Intolerance is form of social pressure. As I've said elsewhere, I also absolutely believe that hate groups have the right to say what they please and be protected from violence, though it does not also follow that they must be protected from societal opprobrium (as that would effectively be the government monitoring and enforcing the opinions of people--I am under no obligation to like or hire a neo-Nazi).

In regards to doxxing and the like, I would say that people must remember that the Internet is a public space, not a safe space.

What I don't like, however, is the carelessness in which social pressure is sometimes used. This is hardly something unique to our time, but it does show why I'm very keen on law taking precedence over social norms.
That's the main thing. Social pressure is different when it is people you know applying it verse people you don't.

The KKK was only able to exist in the south as it because of the state of south prior to the Civil War and after leading up to the Civil Rights Movement. That is, the slave owning class (which was small) destroying the lives of basically everyone in the South so they could continue to use slaves and then the freeing of the slaves causing the lower class to not want to sink lower. Of course, the middle class and upper class got in on it too, but I don't know if any study has been done of slave owners compared to members of the KKK, which would be hard to prove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Also others: OH GOOD LOOK AT THIS SYSTEMIC RACIAL WAR BEING PROPAGATED BY BLM
They're terrorists.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:12 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post

They're terrorists.
No one cares when you exaggerate.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 08-15-2016, 10:30 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
That's the main thing. Social pressure is different when it is people you know applying it verse people you don't.

The KKK was only able to exist in the south as it because of the state of south prior to the Civil War and after leading up to the Civil Rights Movement. That is, the slave owning class (which was small) destroying the lives of basically everyone in the South so they could continue to use slaves and then the freeing of the slaves causing the lower class to not want to sink lower. Of course, the middle class and upper class got in on it too, but I don't know if any study has been done of slave owners compared to members of the KKK, which would be hard to prove.
It's different, but I'm more skeptical of it than you are. Kids put a lot of social pressure on me back in elementary and middle school. They succeeded, more or less, but it left me somewhat distrustful.

The Klan was started by some Confederate veterans, who mostly wanted to create a social club. But it grew over time, and more and more people used the masks as a means to sow terror. They intimidated, assaulted, and murdered blacks and non-blacks who sympathized with them. They spread well beyond the South in later decades. I stand by my description of the Klan as a degenerate organization.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 08-15-2016, 10:36 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
No one cares when you exaggerate.
They blocked roads to hospitals, put children's lives at risk, drop bricks on people's heads, burn and destroy at their protests.

They use violence and the fear of it for political gains. By definition, it's terrorism
Old 08-15-2016, 10:39 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Yet people seem reluctant to use the term when describing white on black hate crimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:41 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Yet people seem reluctant to use the term when describing white on black hate crimes.
Neh.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:47 AM

Banished

Quote:
>Pretending that Blacks don't attack Whiteys more than the other way accounting for population
Old 08-15-2016, 10:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah? Show me the last time one of those groups shut down a bridge.

Or targeted people by race in a riot?

Because they do exist, sure..

The difference is, as a culture we try and shun that shit. Not praise the killings and laud the perpetrators as matyrs.

I assume many in BLM are good people trying to do what they feel is right. I assume most are.

I also think mob mentality is a dangerous thing 2hen could with violent rhetoric

Last edited by Ruinshin; 08-15-2016 at 10:54 AM..
Old 08-15-2016, 11:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Dude, you realize black-on-white crime is like a billion times higher than the reverse? White-on-black crime (in general) is already so tiny that white-on-black hate crimes are usually so rare that the ones that do (rarely) happen often get a massive amount of media attention. Meanwhile, most common black-on-white crime is racially motivated. Do I even need to post the infographs that have all the sources at the bottom, like I have a dozen times in the past?

Not to mention, the cop that shot the armed criminal in Milwaukee was black. Those black people are trying to attack white people for the actions of a black cop.

Yet despite all that, we still have retards like you and Mutter defending this shit.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:12 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Yeah? Show me the last time one of those groups shut down a bridge.

Or targeted people by race in a riot?

Because they do exist, sure..

The difference is, as a culture we try and shun that shit. Not praise the killings and laud the perpetrators as matyrs.

I assume many in BLM are good people trying to do what they feel is right. I assume most are.

I also think mob mentality is a dangerous thing 2hen could with violent rhetoric
Pretty sure I've said that rioting is dumb, but to call the entire group a terrorist organization is dumb.

Also white people don't have to do the same exact things as blacks to be considered terrorists, considering how we don't have BLM suicide bombers or beheading.

But someone's just going to ignore what I say and call me some slur so meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:26 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Dude, you realize black-on-white crime is like a billion times higher than the reverse? White-on-black crime (in general) is already so tiny that white-on-black hate crimes are usually so rare that the ones that do (rarely) happen often get a massive amount of media attention. Meanwhile, most common black-on-white crime is racially motivated. Do I even need to post the infographs that have all the sources at the bottom, like I have a dozen times in the past?

Not to mention, the cop that shot the armed criminal in Milwaukee was black. Those black people are trying to attack white people for the actions of a black cop.

Yet despite all that, we still have retards like you and Mutter defending this shit.
Citation needed.

Seriously, Rag and others give me so much shit if I post anything without a citation and yet yall seem to be fine never doing so.

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president