Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-25-2016, 10:15 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

So the question on my mind is: where do the Void Lords actually live. Chronicle says "outside reality." Where exactly outside reality? In the Twisting Nether, where Light and Void bleed in at the edges and cause a constant violent reaction? Beyond the aforementioned edges of said Nether?
Old 04-25-2016, 10:43 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
So the question on my mind is: where do the Void Lords actually live. Chronicle says "outside reality." Where exactly outside reality? In the Twisting Nether, where Light and Void bleed in at the edges and cause a constant violent reaction? Beyond the aforementioned edges of said Nether?
Presumably in just the Void, outside the reality where it's collided with Light to form the physical universe, and outside the reality where they still violently collide to form the Twisting Nether.

The realm of Void itself seemingly exists "outside" of both, with its inhabitants having to utilize the Twisting Nether to reach the physical realm.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:41 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post

2-Havent seen anything about Pandaren, Furbolg descend from a northrend bearmen race which got kicked out by Vykrul
Polaren???

Old 04-27-2016, 03:43 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarin View Post
Polaren???
Jalgar.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:49 PM

Arch-Druid

the first time Aggramar and Sargeras fought they had a huge battle and both were able to shatter the others weapon, Aggramar was forced to flee. The second time they met, Aggramar went unarmed.

If Aggramar had tried to tank Sargeras while Eonar healed him, we wouldn't be in this mess.

If Eonar had healed him while he tanked Sargeras, it would have given Norgannon, Khaz'gorath, Golganneth time to attack Sargeras while Aman'thul could have increased their power with his time warping abilities.

The entire pantheon got wiped because Aggramar didn't equip a weapon, thus causing the Titans to wipe.

Aggramar is a noob baddie.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:29 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Fel and Sargeras:
I am confused as to how Sargeras managed to have success against demons if fel is such a trump card against arcane magic. And if titans are essentially arcane entities themselves who can be easily undone by fel magic, then how was Sargeras able to survive, being an arcane titan himself?

Seven Kingdoms:
I was glad to see that the Chronicle preserved some important bits from the History of Warcraft in-game book series as well as things I speculated about in my Gilnean Compendium. Here I have in mind the fact that Gilneas and Alterac were the ones who first encountered the dwarves and that Gilneas has a strong maritime culture, albeit one that became overshadowed by Kul Tiras (whose people, according to Chronicle turn out to be descended from Gilneans).

Church of the Holy Light:
I was disappointed that there was little about the development of the Church of the Holy Light. Just some bits about the naaru and pious Lordaeronian nobles. But nothing really about the origin and spread of the Church.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:08 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Fel and Sargeras:
I am confused as to how Sargeras managed to have success against demons if fel is such a trump card against arcane magic. And if titans are essentially arcane entities themselves who can be easily undone by fel magic, then how was Sargeras able to survive, being an arcane titan himself?

Seven Kingdoms:
I was glad to see that the Chronicle preserved some important bits from the History of Warcraft in-game book series as well as things I speculated about in my Gilnean Compendium. Here I have in mind the fact that Gilneas and Alterac were the ones who first encountered the dwarves and that Gilneas has a strong maritime culture, albeit one that became overshadowed by Kul Tiras (whose people, according to Chronicle turn out to be descended from Gilneans).

Church of the Holy Light:
I was disappointed that there was little about the development of the Church of the Holy Light. Just some bits about the naaru and pious Lordaeronian nobles. But nothing really about the origin and spread of the Church.
Finally, was hoping to read more of your input on it.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:24 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Fel and Sargeras:
My personal opinion? There is a difference between a demon using fel and a titan using fel. A titan probably can survive a fel attack commited by mere demons, even if it would be a painful experience. He can probably even develop resistance to fel over time, as might have happened with Sargeras. However, surviving an attack commited by another titan, especially when you have no resistance yourself, that is a wholly different story.

Simply put, Sargeras probably had an advantage because he had time to develop resistance while dealing with lesser beings using the fel against him, whereas the Pantheon did not have any such.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:02 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Fel and Sargeras:
Probably the same reason a pikachu would lose hard against a Legendary like Kyogre.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:25 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
My personal opinion? There is a difference between a demon using fel and a titan using fel. A titan probably can survive a fel attack commited by mere demons, even if it would be a painful experience. He can probably even develop resistance to fel over time, as might have happened with Sargeras. However, surviving an attack commited by another titan, especially when you have no resistance yourself, that is a wholly different story.

Simply put, Sargeras probably had an advantage because he had time to develop resistance while dealing with lesser beings using the fel against him, whereas the Pantheon did not have any such.
Perhaps, but as of now, it still strikes me as a plot hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullroarer View Post
Probably the same reason a pikachu would lose hard against a Legendary like Kyogre.
That means nothing to me.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Well you see Pikachu is an electric type while Kyogre is a water type.

Pikachu has the type advantage.

However Kyogre's stats are so far above Pikachu that Pikachu wouldn't stand a chance against Kyogre.

Same with Sargeras and demons. Sargeras has stats so high that he wins despite type advantage.

If Arcane is weak against fel, does that mean warlocks have an edge on mages, yes.

Does it mean that Willfred Fizzlebang stands a chance against Jaina Proudmoore, hell no.

Last edited by Bullroarer; 04-29-2016 at 08:17 AM..
Old 04-29-2016, 08:53 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullroarer View Post
Well you see Pikachu is an electric type while Kyogre is a water type.

Pikachu has the type advantage.

However Kyogre's stats are so far above Pikachu that Pikachu wouldn't stand a chance against Kyogre.

Same with Sargeras and demons. Sargeras has stats so high that he wins despite type advantage.

If Arcane is weak against fel, does that mean warlocks have an edge on mages, yes.

Does it mean that Willfred Fizzlebang stands a chance against Jaina Proudmoore, hell no.
Okay, but that does not really solve the problem of how Sargeras was himself - as a fundamentally arcane being much as all other titans were - not undone by fel magic when he "converted."
Old 04-29-2016, 10:36 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Okay, but that does not really solve the problem of how Sargeras was himself - as a fundamentally arcane being much as all other titans were - not undone by fel magic when he "converted."
Sargeras had spent the ages fighting demons figuring out how fel worked; it's how he was able to threaten the dreadlords with permanent death when he was interrogating them about the Old Gods despite them being on a physical world instead of in he Twisting Nether, and how he taught the demons to master the fel when he unified them into the Legion.

Conversely, other than Aggramar (who admittedly put up a fairly serious fight during their duel) the other titans hadn't really been dealing with the demons, so their knowledge of the fel and how to counter it was far less developed.

Moreover Sargeras' exposure when he shattered Mardum was kind of an overall general bombardment with fel radiation without any intent behind it; against the Pantheon he was presumably wielding fel in the form of spells specifically meant to kill them. Magic tends to be corrupting rather than lethal when one is just exposed to it rather than subjected to it in the form of an attack.

The titans also aren't necessarily fundamentally arcane in their own physical composition; as creatures of order they naturally used arcane magic, so their vulnerability to fel came from their primary means of defense being uniquely weak against it.

Tags
azeroth, chronicle, everybody's dead dave., lore, titans, warcraft