Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 12-12-2017, 06:50 AM

Eternal

Soo apparently the Skeptic™ Kilroy "Free Speech event" is going to be a wonderful shit show.
Kinda self-defeating and really bizarre to order a 3 year NDA and 16 month non-compete for a "free speech event."
Old 12-12-2017, 10:38 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
Soo apparently the Skeptic™ Kilroy "Free Speech event" is going to be a wonderful shit show.

Kinda self-defeating and really bizarre to order a 3 year NDA and 16 month non-compete for a "free speech event."
What's "Skeptic Kilroy"?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-12-2017, 12:22 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
What's "Skeptic Kilroy"?
The Skeptic™ Community is a group of (usually atheist) YouTubers and other centerist types that tend to neither like the Progressives or the Alt-right as they see both as being authoritarian in their behaviour. Their mains shtick is about free speech, rights of the individual, individualism, equality under the law, etc etc.

The Kilroy Free Speech Event
is an event that is planned to happen which a whole host of YT skeptics and other like minded people have been amping up to go to in order to discuss ideas and various issues. It's ironic that a group which is known for valuing freedom of speech would have a 3 year NDA (including for journalists) which prevents speakers from talking about anything that happens at the event.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:06 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Cops in GA shot a guy's dog and then, when the guy came home, forced him to cut off its head.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/cra...-dog/497063112
Member #14
Old 12-14-2017, 12:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
The Skeptic™ Community is a group of (usually atheist) YouTubers and other centerist types that tend to neither like the Progressives or the Alt-right as they see both as being authoritarian in their behaviour. Their mains shtick is about free speech, rights of the individual, individualism, equality under the law, etc etc.

The Kilroy Free Speech Event
is an event that is planned to happen which a whole host of YT skeptics and other like minded people have been amping up to go to in order to discuss ideas and various issues. It's ironic that a group which is known for valuing freedom of speech would have a 3 year NDA (including for journalists) which prevents speakers from talking about anything that happens at the event.
In general they usually don't support free speech for left wingers (certainly Sargon of Akkad doesn't; the jackass palls around with white nationalists for fucks sake.)

Again, they usually pall with white supremacists
Old 12-14-2017, 04:39 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Cool

So, the latest round of published nonsense academia says that civility promotes white racial power and academic rigor promotes white male heterosexual privilege.

Quote:
In this study, the authors draw upon critical whiteness studies to explore how White students' understanding of race-talk within higher education (re)produces whiteness. Through an analysis of interview data, they generated 3 categories describing whiteness-informed civility (WIC): (a) WIC functions to create a good White identity, (b) WIC functions to erase racial identity, and (c) WIC functions to assert control of space. These thematic concepts show how WIC is characterized by logics of race-evasion, avoidance of race-talk, and exclusion of people of color. The authors conclude by offering ways for instructors to interrogate WIC through classroom practices informed by critical communication pedagogy.
Clearly, if all the people of color act civilized, they are just going to stay oppressed. Remember: both focusing on race and not focusing on race are racist. Kindness is just the expression of you benefiting from the status quo.

Quote:
Rigor is the aspirational quality academics apply to disciplinary standards of quality. Rigor's particular role in engineering created conditions for its transfer and adaptation in the recently emergent discipline of engineering education research. ‘Rigorous engineering education research’ and the related ‘evidence-based’ research and practice movement in STEM education have resulted in a proliferation of boundary drawing exercises that mimic those in engineering disciplines, shaping the development of new knowledge and ‘improved’ practice in engineering education. Rigor accomplishes dirty deeds, however, serving three primary ends across engineering, engineering education, and engineering education research: disciplining, demarcating boundaries, and demonstrating white male heterosexual privilege. Understanding how rigor reproduces inequality, we cannot reinvent it but rather must relinquish it, looking to alternative conceptualizations for evaluating knowledge, welcoming diverse ways of knowing, doing, and being, and moving from compliance to engagement, from rigor to vigor.
And clearly, bigotry is holding back queer people of color so much that they cannot survive in a pure meritocracy. It therefore the straight white engineer's burden to cite inferior sources so that the oppressed authors gain the self-confidence they need. Science is just colonialism anyway.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Last edited by Revenant; 12-14-2017 at 08:50 PM..
Old 12-14-2017, 06:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
So, the latest round of published nonsense academia says that civility promotes white racial power and academic rigor promotes white male heterosexual privilege.

Clearly, if all the people of color act civilized, they are just going to stay oppressed. Remember: both focusing on race and not focusing on race are racist. Kindness is just the expression of you benefiting from the status quo.

And clearly, bigotry is holding back queer people of color so much that they cannot survive in a pure meritocracy. It therefore the straight white engineer's burden to cite inferior sources so that the oppressed authors gain the self-confidence they need. Science is just colonialism anyway.
While I get that sjws can be idiotic I can kinda see where the first one is coming from; all too often white people have used "be civil" to shut up people when they have very real grievances (MLK jr went after those people in the letter from birmingham jail.) The second one is pure stupidity but it's based on the mistaken belief that science is a white pursuit when there have been MANY black arab asian scientists who have contributed to the growth of science; more importantly we aren't a pure meritocracy.

In fact white ex cons have a better chance of employment than blacks with no records.....so in many ways racism is alive and well (though conservatives will laugh if you point this out or call you a "cause head".)
http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/17/news...y/hiring_bias/

So in some ways I can see where they come from.....like it or not racism is still VERY alive and well.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:51 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Yoggy View Post
The second one is pure stupidity but it's based on the mistaken belief that science is a white pursuit when there have been MANY black arab asian scientists who have contributed to the growth of science; more importantly we aren't a pure meritocracy.
More importantly, even if there were no scientists of other ethnicities (which would be impossible), to claim the method is somehow racist would be to express complete ignorance of that method's nature.

It completely baffles me that anyone can suggest that the scientific method is designed to favor the white man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:52 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Yoggy View Post
While I get that sjws can be idiotic I can kinda see where the first one is coming from; all too often white people have used "be civil" to shut up people when they have very real grievances (MLK jr went after those people in the letter from birmingham jail.)
The paper argues that if a white person is nice or "does not see color" then that lack of racism can only come from a place of privilege and only serves to reinforce the racist status quo. People should be fighting the good fight, not being civil. And not being discriminatory? A black person is better than just a person, because "normal" people are perceived as white, and that is bad.

Quote:
The second one is pure stupidity but it's based on the mistaken belief that science is a white pursuit when there have been MANY black arab asian scientists who have contributed to the growth of science; more importantly we aren't a pure meritocracy.
I am not saying that racism is gone, or that we really are in a pure meritocracy, but this paper argues that the white engineers in power are so racist "rigor" has become synonymous with "demarcating boundaries", so they should cite more diverse authors, even if it means lowering their standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
More importantly, even if there were no scientists of other ethnicities (which would be impossible), to claim the method is somehow racist would be to express complete ignorance of that method's nature.

It completely baffles me that anyone can suggest that the scientific method is designed to favor the white man.
Of course it is. Remember the Fallists?

"...looking to alternative conceptualizations for evaluating knowledge, welcoming diverse ways of knowing..." from the second paper is exactly what the Fallists want. Essentially, using humanities to build bridges somehow.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Ten.

Years.

Last edited by Revenant; 12-14-2017 at 08:58 PM..
Old 12-15-2017, 05:16 AM

Echo of the Past

Suddenly that "black anality" thesis seems like less of a joke.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:36 AM

Elune

NM school shooter had an interesting online history.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-me...upremacy-sites
Member #14
Old 12-15-2017, 11:24 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
NM school shooter had an interesting online history.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-me...upremacy-sites
One of his quotes had me tilting my head:

Quote:
How am I supposed to function in this world? Wherever I go, I see degeneracy. Pointless materialism, hedonism, sexual decay, dirty n**gers who do nothing but slowly break down this society etc. it’s fucking everywhere. No way to escape it, 99% of people are part of it and whatever I do I am confronted with the death of the West. Go to the store and buy groceries in peace? Nope, here’s a group of LGBT liberal filth in line with you. And there’s a n**ger family with 10 kids over there. And a Finn too, but he’s overweight as fuck and he’s buying alcohol and shit junk food. Fucking fantastic.
Wait... a Finn. Like, from Finland? I don't know whether to be perplexed at the concept of Finns supplanting whiteness (?) or impressed that he can identify someone of Finnish descent on sight.

EDIT: Seriously. The Finns were like the Axis version of Forest Trolls.

EDIT EDIT: Reading the whole article, this kid didn't have much doctrine to him. He was suicidal and hated the rest of the world as much as himself.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 12-15-2017 at 11:37 AM..
Old 12-15-2017, 12:24 PM

Elune

Quote:
One of his quotes had me tilting my head:

Wait... a Finn. Like, from Finland? I don't know whether to be perplexed at the concept of Finns supplanting whiteness (?) or impressed that he can identify someone of Finnish descent on sight.

EDIT: Seriously. The Finns were like the Axis version of Forest Trolls.

EDIT EDIT: Reading the whole article, this kid didn't have much doctrine to him. He was suicidal and hated the rest of the world as much as himself.
He was seeing the Finn as an exception and the only sign of glorious whiteness, but even the Finn was a "degenerate."
Member #14
Old 12-24-2017, 02:19 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

What the flying fuck?

How can any human being be that deeply retarded? Holy baby Jesus.

Thomas the Tank Engine is now Hitler.

I can't even.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 12-24-2017, 06:20 PM

Elune

Reminds me of that time the right-wing media droned on about how Teletubbies was turning children gay and Harry Potter was converting kids to Satanism.
Member #14
Old 12-24-2017, 06:32 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
What the flying fuck?

How can any human being be that deeply retarded? Holy baby Jesus.

Thomas the Tank Engine is now Hitler.

I can't even.
That puppy is a cop. He probably kills innocents all the time.

And those trains being subordinate to a schedule. Just like soldiers serving the Reich.

Quote:
Reminds me of that time the right-wing media droned on about how Teletubbies was turning children gay and Harry Potter was converting kids to Satanism.
Yeah! And it’s still dumb!

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:13 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
That puppy is a cop. He probably kills innocents all the time.
Black Labs Matter.
Member #14
Old 12-25-2017, 05:14 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Can anyone deny the SJWs are pretty much like a religion?

Centuries fighting against crap to have it respawn with another label. Fucking humans.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 12-29-2017, 07:02 PM

Elune

Swatting finally got somebody killed.
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...192111974.html
How are the police so poorly trained that their first reaction to seeing a person is to immediately shoot them? Are they just trained to kill and not taught any restraint or something?
Member #14
Old 12-29-2017, 07:29 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Swatting finally got somebody killed.
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...192111974.html
How are the police so poorly trained that their first reaction to seeing a person is to immediately shoot them? Are they just trained to kill and not taught any restraint or something?
Is this social justice or just your regular old American politics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:04 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:58 AM

Elune

Quote:
Requests for the police to stop killing so many innocent people are often met with complaints about "SJWs." See the NFL protests as an example.
They found the guy who made the call.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000009
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 12-30-2017 at 11:05 AM..
Old 01-01-2018, 10:36 AM

Revenant - Moderator

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:35 PM

Elune

Yet another alt-rightist went on a murderous rampage.
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/col...-social-media/
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/mul...lorado-police/

The president has yet to make a comment for some reason.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 01-02-2018 at 07:38 PM..

Tags
realspace, serious business