Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 06-19-2013, 07:46 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
Why butthurt?
Because it would make you happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Because it would make you happy.
Ah. Then I rather think I will like you when you're butthurt.

But back to the voice files. Gideon Emery's definitely earning his paycheck here; it was wonderful to see him voice another elf warrior after DA2 (not that I'm fond of Fenris in particular, but he's a great VA).
Old 06-19-2013, 07:52 PM

Elune

Okay, so how many voice files are we sure we're missing? Vol'jin, Baine, Sylvanas and Varian are all already confirmed to be there, and we have half-conversations for two of them, and it'd be a bit silly for the other two to not be present.

That means at least four missing voice files. Likely more than that. Did I miss any confirmed presences that haven't been voiced yet?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:57 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Okay, so how many voice files are we sure we're missing? Vol'jin, Baine, Sylvanas and Varian are all already confirmed to be there, and we have half-conversations for two of them, and it'd be a bit silly for the other two to not be present.

That means at least four missing voice files. Likely more than that. Did I miss any confirmed presences that haven't been voiced yet?
Garrosh's dialogue STRONGLY implies he battles Thrall in person. So I'd wager Thrall is definitely present and will be voiced.

Wrathion's shown up everywhere else, so I'm sure he'll be around as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:00 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post

Thrall. Garrosh is talking to him pre aggro.

Some legendary stuff as well... Also spoils of Pandaria? and the Paragons I believe... ANd the rest of the bosses (Zaela)... Sha.... Blackfuse...

Also I REALLY HOPE WE GET TO SEE GALLYWIX in the Blackfuse fight, fighting against blackfuse.

Last edited by Gurzog; 06-19-2013 at 08:04 PM..
Old 06-19-2013, 08:00 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
Wrathion's shown up everywhere else, so I'm sure he'll be around as well.
This. The entirety of MoP has been building up Wrathion, and I doubt he'd miss the most significant events of all.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:02 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Unless he's conspicuously absent...

Nah, that would require subtlety.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2013, 08:04 PM

Elune

Wrathion becomes Warchief. Now that would be great and unexpected.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:10 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
I think it would also be Lordaeron 2.0

Would be interesting, nonetheless.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:11 PM

Banished

Anduin doesnt sound involved in the siege at all

His father is risking his life and he's out frolicking with the ancients. Doesn't sit well with me
Old 06-19-2013, 08:11 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
I could dig it. He and Anduin would lend the Horde and Alliance a kind of symmetry, although that's not really true since Wrathion's infinitely cooler and more likable than that blonde schmuck.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2013, 08:15 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadinhad View Post
Anduin doesnt sound involved in the siege at all

His father is risking his life and he's out frolicking with the ancients. Doesn't sit well with me
After what happened when Anduin went to fight the Horde alone, it makes sense that Varian wouldn't let him near a battlefield.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 06-19-2013 at 08:20 PM..
Old 06-19-2013, 08:24 PM

Sha of Disappointment

I'd be surprised if he's even recovered enough to do anything but knit his balls. Would have liked to see him interact with Baine a bit though.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:32 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Someone really needs to mix Jaina's and Paletress' battlesounds together. For science.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 12:00 AM

Elune

After Shao Hao's great introduction and him being this wise dignified sage giving us lessons about each burden in 5.3 they reduced him to... voicing pet battles? Really Blizzard!? This is so facepalm-worthy I don't even...
Old 06-20-2013, 12:42 AM

Hon hon hon

Shit. Dat Lor'themar ! Dat Gelbin ! Dat Moira !

All awesome !
Old 06-20-2013, 12:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Wonder what kind of heat Gelbin is gonna be packing. Would be awesome to see him with a powered armor suit or riding a giant robot for some maximum carnage.

Gelbin is the shit!

I also hope Moira means we'll see some insidious Dark Irons at work.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:05 AM

Hon hon hon

Am I the only one who think that when Ja´na say "You're still alive" she talk about the player ? I don't know why but I've the impression that at some point the player is separated from Ja´na in the chaos of battle and that she is relieved to see them again after it.

Because, when you see how she react to the (apparent) death of Varian, her "You're still alive" is somehow lacking joice; it's more a "Good, you're still alive, we will avenge Varian". So, for now I think that Varian could die in the Siege.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:13 AM

Eternal

It's more so disappointing as to how the writers seem to flip flop Garrosh. He brings up a good point about Thrall and his turning a blind eye to them (aka the player or others) despite them being a pretty big fucking reason why the whole..

First War. Which eventually led up to the enslavement of the Orcs, which led to Grom's death because he went tainted, and yada yada bla bla.

And then oops, let's make Garrosh use god damn Warlocks and Shamans to fuck shit up in Azeroth. Because plot convenience.

I also hope Varian dies. Let him go like Harald Harada (IV) of House Yvling. Like the Beserker he is. If not, I'll always hope he goes out like Robb Stark.

In the blood of his own follies.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 06-20-2013, 02:23 AM

Elune

I might get flak for this, but I'm a bit glad that Blizzard isn't catering to fan's wishes and killing off characters we like rather than ones we hate.

I think killing Zaela and Nazgrim would hold a much bigger impact than killing someone like Varian or Thrall or fuck even Sylvanas. (Fuck that bitch, but that's why she isn't dying.)
Old 06-20-2013, 02:27 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas View Post
It's more so disappointing as to how the writers seem to flip flop Garrosh. He brings up a good point about Thrall and his turning a blind eye to them (aka the player or others) despite them being a pretty big fucking reason why the whole..

First War. Which eventually led up to the enslavement of the Orcs, which led to Grom's death because he went tainted, and yada yada bla bla.

And then oops, let's make Garrosh use god damn Warlocks and Shamans to fuck shit up in Azeroth. Because plot convenience.

I also hope Varian dies. Let him go like Harald Harada (IV) of House Yvling. Like the Beserker he is. If not, I'll always hope he goes out like Robb Stark.

In the blood of his own follies.
Varian isn't a berserker anymore, if he ever was (which I don't believe, he was rightfully angry and full of hatred toward the Horde, thus the only good character of the Alliance at that time; today Sky Admiral Rogers steal his thunder).

But yeah, I could see him dead, but onli if that's mean that Anduin isn't crowned High King and that the Alliance avoid the "United Juggernaut" for a logical progression :tensions after the aftermath of the war, especially among the Night Elves, Worgens and Gnomes (I've lost all hope for the draene´; they should have acted with great fury against Garrosh and his Horde since Cataclysm, but since they are sickening and brainless hippies... Well, suffice to say that they disgust me and that I want them removed from the playable races. Give the Alliance unwatered High Elves instead and Shaman to the Worgens).
Old 06-20-2013, 02:28 AM

Eternal

That's the whole point of war. It's also why Warcraft there is no such thing as "Tension".

You never have a fear for characters, unless it seems they'll be killed in the voice things - though it seemed anduin survived his death which was a shame.

These guys will just live happy-long filled lives. As long as they don't disagree with Thrall.

Plus, we've gotten to know Nazgrim more in game than Varian, whose just a cardboard cut out of a hero that we have to insert headcanon feelings into to make sure he's actually a three dimensional character.

Plus Nazgrim would always stand by the Warchief. No matter if he, personally, thought the Warchief was insane or not. He's like Stannis when Robert was in charge. He didn't have to like him, but he would follow his orders and commands due to him being an elder blood, and the king. It was the duty of the lords to follow the king.

Just as it is Nazgrim's duty to defend the Warchief.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:29 AM

Elune

Metzen said in an interview that Varian was basically the Wolverine in Wrath, and said so based on player observations about him. (Which is kinda weird, I don't think Wolverine garnishes so much fan hatred like Varian did.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas View Post
That's the whole point of war. It's also why Warcraft there is no such thing as "Tension".

You never have a fear for characters, unless it seems they'll be killed in the voice things - though it seemed anduin survived his death which was a shame.

These guys will just live happy-long filled lives. As long as they don't disagree with Thrall.

Plus, we've gotten to know Nazgrim more in game than Varian, whose just a cardboard cut out of a hero that we have to insert headcanon feelings into to make sure he's actually a three dimensional character.

Plus Nazgrim would always stand by the Warchief. No matter if he, personally, thought the Warchief was insane or not. He's like Stannis when Robert was in charge. He didn't have to like him, but he would follow his orders and commands due to him being an elder blood, and the king. It was the duty of the lords to follow the king.

Just as it is Nazgrim's duty to defend the Warchief.
Whatever you say, it sounds more like you're just proving my point.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:31 AM

Eternal

I am.

I just want Varian to die because I loathe his cardboard cut out character. He isn't human, nor a three dimensional character with conflicts (excluding the books and comics) of an external and internal nature.

He's just the Boss-Crusader.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:33 AM

Elune

I blame fan feedback for that about his character.

No matter where they take him, people will just keep hating him. It makes makes me feel sorry for him, so I don't take out much hatred on him.

Tags
aunty onyxia frowns a lot, elune ackbar, mists of pandaria, omlette du fromage, tong’s inn is dead, world of warcraft