Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-22-2013, 01:53 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
Also, am I the only one here who runs normal modes? It's taking a lot of restraint to not spark yet another LFR vs. Normal entitlement argument here.
Personally, I have no problem with mounts, gear, achievements, etc. being kept to normal and heroic. Higher difficulties should have better rewards.

The issue is when instead of rewarding those, they instead penalize LFR by cutting things that should be part of the basic package, that is to say the story and cutscenes.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:43 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
@DaveKosak Is it true the new "future vision" raid quests on Timeless Isle don't work with LFR? If so, why not?

@ReignTG Not true - what makes you think that? You have to be in the Orgrimmar part.

@DaveKosak I'm god dam serious. You better put those cut scenes in all forms of raiding for all to see. Don't you dare segregate people.

@MikeRegan31 I'm not sure what makes you think that, are they not working on PTR? You have to be in the Orgrimmar part of the raid.
There. QQ, I mean problem solved.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:53 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post

Also, am I the only one here who runs normal modes? It's taking a lot of restraint to not spark yet another LFR vs. Normal entitlement argument here.
I run Heroics and Killed Lei-Shen working on Ra-den do I count as doing normals plus heroics? Or are you a normal only guild?

Just curious on mindset is all.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:25 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

I'll be the only one to mention why the Alliance have to look at cutscenes with not neutral Thrall and Saurfang instead of Varian and, I dunno, Tyrande? But hey, I guess Thrall is important to our story yet again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:32 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
I'll be the only one to mention why the Alliance have to look at cutscenes with not neutral Thrall and Saurfang instead of Varian and, I dunno, Tyrande? But hey, I guess Thrall is important to our story yet again.
I'm fine with this. Reducing Varian's in-game presence = better lore for the Alliance.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:34 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I'm fine with this. Reducing Varian's in-game presence = better lore for the Alliance.
Instead of developing the other Alliance leaders, they force us to kowtow at GOEL's feet once again.

I'm so impressed.
Quote:
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:36 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Instead of developing the other Alliance leaders, they force us to kowtow at GOEL's feet once again.

I'm so impressed.
Well to be honest, I was half-joking.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:42 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
I think the idea is you see everything Varian and Tyrande do in the raid, these cutscenes are filling in the big missing question of "how did Thrall and Saurfang managed to get all the way to Garrosh's room (Saurfange right outside it)?"
Old 08-22-2013, 06:44 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
They don't care. It's a Horde story. Boom. A heavy burden has been lifted. You'll feel better like me when you accept that.

A non faction complaining answer is that the Alliance has to fight their way in while those two sneak their way in. Baine, Vol'Jin, Sylvanas and Lorthemar don't get cutscenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:46 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

Quote:
If you're just going to do more pointless whining go do it in the bitching thread.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:55 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Thrall was always going to be an incredibly important figure in this storyline. This is a story about the very nature of the Horde. Right from his introduction, Garrosh has been written as Thrall's foil. So its a bit asinine to be shocked now at the idea of Thrall playing a pivotal role in this raid.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:56 PM

Eternal

I am tired of Thrall. Like, seriously tired of him.

At the very least couldn't they use another character?
Quote:
Old 08-22-2013, 06:57 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Thrall was always going to be an incredibly important figure in this storyline. This is about the very nature of the Horde. Right from his introduction, Garrosh has been written as Thrall's foil. So its a bit asinine to be shocked now at the idea of Thrall playing an important role in this raid.
Yeah, there's no real justification for Thrall not being a big part of the raid. What could be argued is that there aren't any Alliance characters getting as much attention when SoO has been billed as "Alliance players should feel awesome about this, you're attacking the Horde's capital", and that's another issue entirely.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:58 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

So let me get this straight.

People want Thrall to face the consequences of his naming Garrosh as acting Warchief, but he's not allowed to do it on screen.

That about sums it up?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:00 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post

People want Thrall to face the consequences of his naming Garrosh as acting Warchief, but he's not allowed to do it on screen.

That about sums it up?
He can be here, but Varian has to be his squire.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperium View Post
There. QQ, I mean problem solved.

crisis averted

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
I am tired of Thrall. Like, seriously tired of him.

At the very least couldn't they use another character?
Thrall shows up, tries to fix his fuckup, and gets fucked up in the process.

Quit your goddamned bitching.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:01 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Thrall shows up, tries to fix his fuckup, and gets fucked up in the process.

Quit your goddamned bitching.
You may as well try and tell the sun to stop shining or water to stop being wet, you'd probably have a better chance of success.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
You may as well try and tell the sun to stop shining or water to stop being wet, you'd probably have a better chance of success.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:37 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caith View Post
I run Heroics and Killed Lei-Shen working on Ra-den do I count as doing normals plus heroics? Or are you a normal only guild?

Just curious on mindset is all.
We're a "clear normal than push whatever heroics we feel like" guild. 2/12 this time but that's mainly from half our raid quitting at the same time after Ji-Kun.

I was more asking "who else doesn't just run LFR exclusively?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:06 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post

That about sums it up?
This is the warcraft community my friend. Reason, logic and understand are left at the loading screen. What matters to most is how because sylvanas as tits, she can't be held accountable for anything she does, but because thrall as a dick, he can be held accountable.

Also, as someone else has said about the who the warchief will be debate, the way I see it, if they do intend to make Vol'jin warchief... whats the point? Vol'jin has been built up as a troll version of Thrall, who believes in exactly the same thing he does. If your going to go to all this effort, why not just put Thrall back in power, instead of someone whos doing the exact same thing just with a different skin tone.

And unlike vol'jin whos really not done anything except get stabbed in the neck, at least Thralls been though a transition, like it or hate it, he's been through it and grown up because of it.

Last edited by Tauren Paly; 08-23-2013 at 07:23 AM..
Old 08-23-2013, 10:03 AM

Eternal

I didn't say cut out Thrall entirely.

I meant can't the Alliance cutscene be different then the Horde one? Saurfang and Thrall are Horde characters. Why not see Varian and Jaina going to beat up Garrosh since they've been wronged by him too?
Quote:
Old 08-23-2013, 10:24 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
I didn't say cut out Thrall entirely.

I meant can't the Alliance cutscene be different then the Horde one? Saurfang and Thrall are Horde characters. Why not see Varian and Jaina going to beat up Garrosh since they've been wronged by him too?
No just No.. We do not want alternate cinematics >.<. It might be good for the game but then it becomes a Canon war. Everyone will have there moment... The reason its Saurfang/Thrall is because they took off to go see Garrosh alone back in 5.3 and Saurfang's relationship with Garrosh just makes sense for him to be there.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
Also, as someone else has said about the who the warchief will be debate, the way I see it, if they do intend to make Vol'jin warchief... whats the point? Vol'jin has been built up as a troll version of Thrall, who believes in exactly the same thing he does. If your going to go to all this effort, why not just put Thrall back in power, instead of someone whos doing the exact same thing just with a different skin tone.
Surprisingly I agree with you.

My greatest concern with Vol'jin becoming Warchief is that he will not differ from Thrall in any way, i.e. a passive good guy of little consequence. Blizzard will inevitably go:" But he is a troll! It is unique and totally awesome, can't you see it?"

VJ has potential don't get me wrong, primarily by utilizing troll culture and religion to unify the Horde, possibly with a backroom deal with the Loa where in he gets more power when they get more power through added worshipers.
Of course, good luck with that.

All evidence points to him being one of Blizzard's trademark passive good guy idiots, it is not like Alliance fans complained about that for years now, but what do they know?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
No just No.. We do not want alternate cinematics >.<. It might be good for the game but then it becomes a Canon war. Everyone will have there moment... The reason its Saurfang/Thrall is because they took off to go see Garrosh alone back in 5.3 and Saurfang's relationship with Garrosh just makes sense for him to be there.
It's funny because they're releasing faction-based cinematics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Tags
ally whining takeover, best purge ever, dwarves don't die!, gnomes don't die either!, go'el go'el go'el, go'el's gaol, mists of pandaria, sour fang, thrall's balls, world of warcraft