Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-17-2017, 06:07 AM

Arch-Druid

Default Why did you choose your class?

The class your main is I mean. What drew you to it? I generally split my "main" pretty evenly between my rogue and my mage. The mage is because my first exposure to Warcraft lore was The Last Guardian, and it's my favorite WC novel to this day. I only really started focusing on my rogue just as much in Legion. For her, it's because of the swashbuckling theme of Outlaw.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:44 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Paladin. Because there are certain aspects of Catholicism that I miss which are represented very well in the Paladin class and storyline. Especially from WC2 to the end of Wrath.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:48 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Rogue coz high dps.

Used to be monk, but considering maining rogue instead, their class hall looks cooler, and Outlaw rogue looks fun.

Last edited by Gurzog; 02-17-2017 at 09:04 AM..
Old 02-17-2017, 08:34 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I like animals, so I wanted to play a class that kept pets.

(I also liked paladins and sorceresses, so paladin and mage were two of the first three classes I started with in Vanilla.)
Old 02-17-2017, 08:40 AM

Elune

I main'd a paladin because I like knights and I loved Uther in WC3.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:45 AM

Eternal

I was going to stop maining warrior once Legion hit. Then, I saw the order hall and the Titan stuff, and I absolutely stayed with my warrior. Vikings for life!

I am, though slowly migrating to maining a paladin, mainly due to the beautiful Truthguard and the Knight theme.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:49 AM

Problemsolver

Why I chose my class? Because it's the best gosh darned class in the game, that's why.

Let's see... I'm a cow. I'm a lion. I'm a bear. I'm a cheetah. I'm a mutant seal monster. I'm a bird. I'm a majestic stag. And in Legion I get to be a mutant owlbeast lion. As well as an owl. And I can shoot moonfires. And toss heals. I've got so many aces up my sleeves it's ridicolous. If you're not all of these things, you've clearly chosen the wrong class/race combo.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:01 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Edgyness.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:07 AM

Eternal

I'm a simple man. I like big weapons, going berserk and hitting people in the face.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:19 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
I main'd a paladin because I like knights and I loved Uther in WC3.
In Warcraft II for me, but that's where my roots lie as well.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:21 AM

Treant

My main is a priest, and how I ended with this class is kind of a long story. But let's just say that I like a lot to heal, and appreciate a class that has two different specs/styles of healing. Also the occasional dps as a walking shadow is cool.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:25 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
In Warcraft II for me, but that's where my roots lie as well.
It made an impression when I was a wee lad. I didn't expect to personally kill him, nor to do it that early.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:28 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I wasn't sure what class I actually wanted to main so I rolled druid, figuring I'd get a little bit of every other class that way.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:07 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

I got tired of trying to manage terrible 5-mans where tanks couldn't pay attention to adds and healers were getting overwhelmed by impatient children running ahead ("why aren't we pulling the entire dungeon!?").

So, health drain, heal pet, fear adds, Soul Stone healers, turn into a motherfucking demon and tear people to shreds (prior to 7.0 anyway, RIP tanklocks), and set and forget various terrifying ailments of the soul. People used to say Warlocks were hard to play, I thought they were relaxing. No worries about losing control of things, because everything had a backup.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:04 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

I've loved paladins since I first heard of them. WC2, D&D, a MUD I used to play in my teens. I have a real soft spot for knights in shining(and sour) armor that will try to help and protect others no matter what, regardless of what happens to them and whether or not they succeed. The fact that paladins are really the only class that I enjoy playing every spec is icing on the cake.

As for hunters, I love guns/bows and snipers. Simple as that.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:23 PM

Arch-Druid

In pretty much every game I like the Knight/melee fighter classes so Warrior was the obvious choice. I really do not like Magic for whatever reason.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:34 PM

Revenant - Moderator

I chose hunter because I thought that a bow fit a night elf. I also liked the idea of mind controlling a sidekick, as I thought that pets were going to be any creature and make the hunter cast like the Blue Mage from Final Fantasy.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:24 PM

Chimaera

DH.

Jump -- Double Jump -- Fel Rush -- Fel Rush -- Gliiiiiide

Slow fall mechanic ...makes class totally worth it.

I've become spoiled by its maneuverability. I can't go back to playing as a sack of potatoes, especially when I'm so used to jumping everywhere and not worrying about fall death. Plus mastery increases my base run speed, which makes the game so much less grindy feeling.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:35 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I main Warlock since too many people play every other class and I like to play something that every group wants to have. Also they're the coolest looking caster with the darkest/creepiest tier sets and I like how their lore is shaping up in Legion.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:49 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Since cata I have been a melee class. Cata was a Worgen Warrior. My good friend who I started to play arena with was rated Glad Warr and I was always interested in that class. I went from Mage to Warrior and since then I have no looked back at a Ranged class. In MoP and WoD I went with the Monk. I really liked the playstyle of WW and the versatility of the class (Healing and Tank) made it appeal to me very much. I won't lie in WoD, the Monk just felt a bit out of place to me. However I kept playing it due to it being very fun imo.
Then came Legion. Here I was a bit unsure of what I wanted to main. I had my Monk who again felt out of place. During beta I messed with the DH and have a very good time and also it fit the theme of Legion. I wasn't raiding in EN so I was playing both toons a bit got Monk to 110 first then the DH and surely enough I started getting better geared on the DH and it just felt more fun to play. Havoc and Fury are both fun specs and both are easy to grasp. I prefer the DH right now. Versatile, Eyememebuild is great, fits the theme, decent lore,double jump and daddy Illidan is back lol
Old 02-18-2017, 02:43 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
I was going to stop maining warrior once Legion hit. Then, I saw the order hall and the Titan stuff, and I absolutely stayed with my warrior. Vikings for life!

I am, though slowly migrating to maining a paladin, mainly due to the beautiful Truthguard and the Knight theme.
I also am leaning more towards Paladin lately, but for me it's because the thought of going to Argus with Odyn and his Vrykul makes me wan't to throw up.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:56 PM

Treant

I picked shaman because I really liked the visuals from having your spells randomly spew out free additional casts. Chain Lightning spam is still the coolest AoE in the game, especially with lightning rod.

Before I settled on the shaman in Cata, I played hunter in vanilla and TBC, because they had a really lenient skill floor and I sucked assholes and a DK in WotLK, for the same reason as above for the most part. I did actually learn "how to play" in WotLK, and felt more comfortable afterwards playing what I liked rather that what was easy.

Currently still playing my shaman and my main/only alt is a Brewmaster that I really enjoy when I feel like playing something with some actual responsibility.

Last edited by Grunge; 02-19-2017 at 06:02 PM..
Old 03-15-2017, 05:58 PM

Sentinel Queen

I did not choose my main's class because of the class but because of race/class combo. Bloodknights are the pragmatic paladins I like. Too bad most of that was cut away later. Alliance paladins are boring as fuck since start because they are more or less classic paladins. Cow palas are a bad joke.

Before that I chose Troll Priest because of Loas as main before taking that Bloodknight in 2.1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:28 PM

Elune

I like the priest because it was a high responsibility class with a large arsenal of spells. The aesthetics of angels, prayer, and light was very appealing as well.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:48 PM

Banished

i picked a mage because i like mages.

Tags
class, world of warcraft