Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 04-22-2017, 04:48 PM
Almed Almed is offline

Banished
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 314

Default

Vanilla did it first.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-22-2017, 04:52 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,482

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I still think it was a mistake to even have faction leaders play such a direct role in the game.
I have mixed feelings on this. Some of the ways they're used have definitely been... terrible.

But I feel some ways have been good.

I like the notion of some raid boss fights involving faction leaders who either tank the boss for certain phases or set up healing or damage mechanics for the players, similar to the way the Ulduar keepers worked or Akama and Maiev helped with Black Temple.

Having them in bases or show up for specific quests out in the world is nice too, especially if they're mowing down waves of mobs attacking a town or standing over a pile of corpses of elite mooks or something.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-22-2017, 04:53 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Have Alliance fans ever wanted/enjoyed a High King? I've heard the term "blue warchief" with scorn.
Yes, of the Dwarves.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:32 PM
Jon Targaryen Jon Targaryen is offline

Arch-Druid
Jon Targaryen's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,426
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Default

I nominate Hordak.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-22-2017, 07:50 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,162

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Yes, of the Dwarves.
*rimshot*
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,482

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
I nominate Hordak.
*Googles*

The He-Man/She-Ra Villain?

I dunno man, He seems like if you blended Garrosh and Sylvanas together.

If we're gonna go for a retro villain, we need something like David Xanatos or Megatron.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-22-2017, 08:15 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
If we're gonna go for a retro villain, we need something like David Xanatos or Megatron.
Wait, David Xanatos is a villain?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,482

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Wait, David Xanatos is a villain?
He starts the series as one and as time goes on he becomes... harder to qualify.

But staging an attack on his own building to trick the Gargoyles into stealing things from his business rivals and then later trying to kill him makes him a villain in the first few episodes at least, even if he becomes much more amicable later.

Regardless of whether he's a villain or just an antagonist or what though, someone based on him would make a great Horde leader.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-22-2017, 08:36 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
He starts the series as one and as time goes on he becomes... harder to qualify.

But staging an attack on his own building to trick the Gargoyles into stealing things from his business rivals and then later trying to kill him makes him a villain in the first few episodes at least, even if he becomes much more amicable later.

Regardless of whether he's a villain or just an antagonist or what though, someone based on him would make a great Horde leader.
Oh, come now, who HASN'T manipulated a team of unwitting do-gooders into doing our dirty work for us, with the intention of disposing of them once their usefulness expires? If that's all it takes to be labeled a villain, why, I dare say not a one of us would escape that brand.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-22-2017, 08:48 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,482

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Oh, come now, who HASN'T manipulated a team of unwitting do-gooders into doing our dirty work for us, with the intention of disposing of them once their usefulness expires? If that's all it takes to be labeled a villain, why, I dare say not a one of us would escape that brand.
That's true, but I wear that brand with pride.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-22-2017, 08:52 PM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,504
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

You guys know the only person able to make the Horde great again

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
You guys know the only person able to make the Horde great again
Uberzeppelin when Blizzard?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-22-2017, 09:28 PM
TerrorhoofMayo TerrorhoofMayo is offline

Arch-Druid
TerrorhoofMayo's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,084
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
See, I don't buy the PvP excuse. The two factions being in a cold war still brought plenty of opportunities for PvP. It wasn't unbelievable for the factions to avoid war while still killing unannounced Horde/Alliance visitors within their borders. Likewise, you could interpret the battlegrounds as proxy conflicts.

Like, say, the Stormpike Army (or whatever it was called in AV) was actually a private army funded by wealthy dwarves. Thus, attacking the Frostwolf Clan is not technically an act of war on the Alliance's part. Personally, I find that kind of skulduggery a lot more entertaining.
Yeah I miss those days.

Ironically the faction conflict resulted in an end of expansion raid, and not a battleground.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-23-2017, 05:39 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Yes, of the Dwarves.
Anvilmar for the Throne.

Make Khaz Modan great again!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-23-2017, 06:00 AM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,977

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Anvilmar for the Throne.

Make Khaz Modan great again!
What's wrong with the Bronzebeards?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-23-2017, 06:11 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
What's wrong with the Bronzebeards?
Nothing at all, but the only true High King of the Dwarves is an Anvilmar.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-23-2017, 07:02 AM
Ujimasa Hojo Ujimasa Hojo is offline

Eternal
Ujimasa Hojo's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 4,211

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
What's wrong with the Bronzebeards?
The current heir is half-black.

On a side note, Terenas' dream of subservient Orcs under the thrall of the Kingdom of Lordaeron finally came true in a really weird way.
__________________




Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-23-2017, 08:30 AM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,977

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Nothing at all, but the only true High King of the Dwarves is an Anvilmar.
Ah. I have no particular feelings towards the potential Anvilmar restoration, but that's just me preferring independent dwarven realms.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-23-2017, 09:06 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,945

Human Icon (War3) Panda Island approved facts.

Ironforge knows no king but the boy in Stormwind Keep, whose name is Wrynn.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Ironforge knows no king but the boy in Stormwind Keep, whose name is Wrynn.

Delete this
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-23-2017, 10:26 AM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

I still think that the dwarves are in a better position to lead the Alliance than are the humans. For all the internal problems Khaz Modan has, Stormwind has double.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-23-2017, 01:31 PM
DerpiusMaximus DerpiusMaximus is offline

Eternal
DerpiusMaximus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,635

Default

I wish we had gotten to see Vol'jin build up the whole, "Horde is family thing" with rebuilding what it effectively means to be Horde and rebuilding the unity of the Horde in the aftermath of Garrosh's machinations. Wouldn't it be much more interesting to see the Horde try to unite as one again in Legion? Wouldn't it be more interesting that they lost the first battle of the Broken Shore in part due to the Horde's lack of unity?

Having Vol'jin prove himself as leader as Anduin does the same would have been nice.

Instead, he does nothing for an expansion then up and dies because of ~faction parity~ or because certain higher up devs have hardons for Sylvanas.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,482

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
I wish we had gotten to see Vol'jin build up the whole, "Horde is family thing" with rebuilding what it effectively means to be Horde and rebuilding the unity of the Horde in the aftermath of Garrosh's machinations. Wouldn't it be much more interesting to see the Horde try to unite as one again in Legion? Wouldn't it be more interesting that they lost the first battle of the Broken Shore in part due to the Horde's lack of unity?

Having Vol'jin prove himself as leader as Anduin does the same would have been nice.

Instead, he does nothing for an expansion then up and dies because of ~faction parity~ or because certain higher up devs have hardons for Sylvanas.
That would've been glorious, could've united the trolls while he was at it.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
horde bias, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.