Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2010, 05:49 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Thumbs up Kotick got slammed.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM

Eternal

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 09-27-2010, 06:58 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I hope Kotick doesn't take that as a challenge to start getting more involved in Blizzard... eek.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:02 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:24 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Fuck Kotick, he should burn in flames.

I really hope he gets fired or something. He's a cancer for the videogame industry.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-28-2010, 08:04 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I hope Kotick doesn't take that as a challenge to start getting more involved in Blizzard... eek.
Oh god, please no.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:23 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Fuck Kotick, he should burn in flames.

I really hope he gets fired or something. He's a cancer for the videogame industry.
Don't blame Bobby Kotick.

He's just another corporate tool. The notion that anyone at Activision or EA could presume to be more virtuous than their counterpart is absurd. Both companies are just big scummy corporate whores trying to suck as much money out of their customers as they can get away with.

If you blame anyone, blame the owners of Blizzard who sold out to Activision when they really didn't need to. They cashed in, even though they had profitable properties and a guaranteed revenue source, in exchange for bigger riches and the ability to hide behind the skirts of a large publicly traded games conglomerate.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:11 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
He might be a douchebag, but he's gotten Activision richer atleast. Thats not really a cancer killing the video game industry, thats expanding it.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:05 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Don't blame Bobby Kotick.

He's just another corporate tool. The notion that anyone at Activision or EA could presume to be more virtuous than their counterpart is absurd. Both companies are just big scummy corporate whores trying to suck as much money out of their customers as they can get away with.

If you blame anyone, blame the owners of Blizzard who sold out to Activision when they really didn't need to. They cashed in, even though they had profitable properties and a guaranteed revenue source, in exchange for bigger riches and the ability to hide behind the skirts of a large publicly traded games conglomerate.
Technically, it was a merger, one in which Vivendi, the Blizzard side of the merger, got 51% of as opposed to Activision 49%.

I remember hearing the Activision wanted to buy Blizzard, but Blizzard negotiated it into being a merger instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 09-28-2010, 11:42 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Technically, it was a merger, one in which Vivendi, the Blizzard side of the merger, got 51% of as opposed to Activision 49%.

I remember hearing the Activision wanted to buy Blizzard, but Blizzard negotiated it into being a merger instead.
Semantics.

It was a money grab. It gave the powers-that-be at Blizzard personal fortunes, and the comfortable security of a large, publicly traded company to hide behind.

The funny thing is, they've become the cornerstone of the very fortress they'd decided to secure themselves in. So now they're expected to prop up the whole operation.

It was a bad move for them, in the long term. In the short term, they got rich. No argument there. But they will be more and more likely to suffer the whims of Activision for the sake of profit, since the parent company is now so dependent upon them.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:02 PM

Eternal

You know what?

I don't think he's that dangerous to the Gaming industry! Well I do think he's a big douche but he actually as Drz said expanded the gaming industry by giving Activision more profits. He's doing what his business is and is no better or worse than your average CEO.

Through I rejoice at him getting slammed cause it's AWESOME! I don't like this guy either but I don't think he's "cancer".
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 09-29-2010, 02:44 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
He might be a douchebag, but he's gotten Activision richer atleast. Thats not really a cancer killing the video game industry, thats expanding it.
Petrol companies get richer easily, too, and I don't see any moral on half of their actions.

This guy just got rich because he had money from a beginning, and could publicize his products to the average-stupid-playerbase.

I understand how a number of companies prefer to avoid huge corporations and go in their own, this jerks just want money, and butcher anything they touch into just another pile of cheap crap.

Yes, he's getting money. Yes, he's ruining the industry.

You ever read some of his quotes? Like "get the fun out of making videogames", "exploit franchises in a 6-month basis", "make money the main objective of games, not fun gameplay", "I would price games even further (after MW2 confirmed to be 65)", "I would limit MW2 online even more, and even force payment to use it" and a lot more of crap, like firing half of Infinity Ward, the guys that gave him most of him money, because they refused to make a crappy MW3 just to milk the people even more, no matter Activision was holding royalties since months ago to force them to make MW3.

People like Kotick are the reason why cinemas get full of crappy films, and douchebag talent-less artists get to publish their music out, all while the real innovative people gets ignored because they don't serve to make money fast and cheap.

People like Kotick are ruining the videogame industry.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-29-2010, 04:57 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
This.

Simple truths.

- French are evil.
- Vivendi are french.
- Vivendi sold their souls to Vivendi. Wait, they couldn't. French have no souls.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
French are evil.
I always knew Eiffel Tower was just a modern version of the typical fantasy "black dark tower of evil".