Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 12-10-2014, 01:16 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Maraudon/Terramok was a Titan facility wasn't it? They mentioned it but didn't really get in to it.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:25 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackBenjamin View Post
Maraudon/Terramok was a Titan facility wasn't it? They mentioned it but didn't really get in to it.
Yep, weird.

Whats up with Mantid now I wonder...

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-10-2014, 01:28 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Yep, weird.

Whats up with Mantid now I wonder...
They'll never bug us again!
Old 12-10-2014, 02:21 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I don't think Ivar is much for royalty, but I wouldn't mind Genn kicking Crowley out of his position as military commander over Gilnean forces and promoting Ivar Bloodfang instead.
It is amazing how Blizzard is able to wreck an incredibly popular character (Crowley) into one of the least popular, with a few words of off-screen occurrence.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:18 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
It is amazing how Blizzard is able to wreck an incredibly popular character (Crowley) into one of the least popular, with a few words of off-screen occurrence.
You could also probably say it's amazing how Blizzard is able to wreck such a cool idea of a playable race with just a few words off-screen.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:34 PM

Arch-Druid

@Eranikus:
http://wowpedia.org/Eranikus

So his storyline was resolved. As for the Warlock Umbranse the Spiritspeaker:

His storyline was also concluded in revamped Winterspring. They also retconned the Vanilla storyline of the Crystal of Zin Malor.

In Vanilla it was reesembled by the player and given to Fandral Staghelm at the end.

In Cata the story was changed that the Crystal was found by a Blood Elf Expedition, but it turned them into Wreched Spirits. The crystal was then found by Umbranse. (which might have turned him crazy.)
Old 12-10-2014, 09:29 PM

Elune

The uvg was quite fucked up so I'm still waiting on more info about Crowley before I judge him.

Some inconsistencies: the Wolfheart/Cataclysm timeline is messy.

Edit: woops this is not the inconsistencies thread.

Last edited by Jungleluke; 12-10-2014 at 09:34 PM..
Old 12-13-2014, 08:31 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Ore

Ooooh wait, I've got a juicy one here that I bet a lot of folks on here have forgotten about: Magni Bronzebeard. Dun dun dun! Because his spirit is still alive beneath Khaz Modan and the crystallization-process might be reversible.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:58 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
The uvg was quite fucked up so I'm still waiting on more info about Crowley before I judge him.

Blizzard hasn't contradicted the UVG on Crowley, so it's canon. He did actually give up all of Gilneas to Sylvanas in exchange for his daughter's life. The traitor.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
Blizzard hasn't contradicted the UVG on Crowley, so it's canon. He did actually give up all of Gilneas to Sylvanas in exchange for his daughter's life. The traitor.
Which is itself contradicted by the game, because as a Horde player there's an additional phase of Gilneas where we see 7th Legion troops marching through the roads which doesn't occur until then.

No doubt if this is ever brought up in-game though the story will treat Crowley as in the right because in WoW the life of a named character is more important than thousands of unnamed statistics.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:01 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Which is itself contradicted by the game, because as a Horde player there's an additional phase of Gilneas where we see 7th Legion troops marching through the roads which doesn't occur until then.

No doubt if this is ever brought up in-game though the story will treat Crowley as in the right because in WoW the life of a named character is more important than thousands of unnamed statistics.
Well that and the game runs less on pragmatism and more on absolute morality. If I were in Crowley's position I probably would have done the same, since I can't fully blame him and I am a family person but at the same time I would be doing it knowing full well that it's going to cost me my status as military commander.

Then again, he was a total fool for never letting Lorna become a Worgen. Perhaps it was Blizzard trying to make the Worgen curse seem like an actual curse, but they pulled out all the stops on that when they flat out said it was a gift in Tides of War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post

Technically you could say it's a loose thread, as Genn hasn't done anything about Crowley's betrayal just yet.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 12-14-2014 at 10:04 AM..
Old 12-14-2014, 11:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Just because Crowley surrendered doesn't mean that the GLF and 7th Legion said "Ok, since you are our Commander, we will leave Gilneas because you told us to."

Since when did Crowley have the power to command the 7th Legion? The GLF yes, but nothing about him being put into power over the 7th Legion.

As we have seen with the Battle for Gilneas and the Rogue questline, nobody listened to Crowley and while he and Lorna fled, they stayed behind to carry on the fight until some point after the rogue questline when both sides gave up and left.

The game doesn't contridict. Crowley surrenders, 7th Legion and GLF tell him to fck off, we get the BG, then the rogue questline.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Just because Crowley surrendered doesn't mean that the GLF and 7th Legion said "Ok, since you are our Commander, we will leave Gilneas because you told us to."

Since when did Crowley have the power to command the 7th Legion? The GLF yes, but nothing about him being put into power over the 7th Legion.

As we have seen with the Battle for Gilneas and the Rogue questline, nobody listened to Crowley and while he and Lorna fled, they stayed behind to carry on the fight until some point after the rogue questline when both sides gave up and left.

The game doesn't contridict. Crowley surrenders, 7th Legion and GLF tell him to fck off, we get the BG, then the rogue questline.
This is where the UVG contradicts itself. It's more or less stating that the GLF and 7th went along with it and "YEP, GILNEAS IS TOTALLY ABANDONED NOW. THEY ALL LEFT ON HIS WORD" as well as the Tweets about it being a plagued wasteland.

The problem is that everybody assumed until the UVG came out that Crowley just withdrew from that battle. It is absolutely reasonable that his men told him to fuck off (Bloodfang certainly does), or at worst they fell back behind the Wall and the war entered a temporary ceasefire/stalemate. If that was the case then sure, slag off Crowley, but the story wouldn't be utterly retarded because it IS feesable somebody would withdraw from what was arguably a lost battle to save their daughter. That part is fine, the problem is the Ultimate Contradiction Guide turning it into a full on withdrawal of the entire country, as if the Forsaken needed more Deus Ex Machina victories.

The problems arise in that the UVG game out both after the Rogue questline and that we were told its contents were the latest, up to date, approved canon. It's the last part that is the problem.

Last edited by Drusus; 12-14-2014 at 12:20 PM..
Old 12-14-2014, 12:25 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Haste

Maiev is MIA and angry. Also the two blood elf and draenei orphans, Salandria and Dornaa. I reckon by about expansion eight or nine they both should be old enough to start adventuring.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:28 PM

Drunk Assassin

Ultimate Contradicting Guide
Old 12-14-2014, 01:31 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Ooooh wait, I've got a juicy one here that I bet a lot of folks on here have forgotten about: Magni Bronzebeard. Dun dun dun! Because his spirit is still alive beneath Khaz Modan and the crystallization-process might be reversible.
Fuck reversible, I want to see it brought to the next stage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:40 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Diamond-Magni is the first member of Warcraft's version of the Fantastic Four Justice League Avenger Watchmen Guardians.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:01 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
This is where the UVG contradicts itself. It's more or less stating that the GLF and 7th went along with it and "YEP, GILNEAS IS TOTALLY ABANDONED NOW. THEY ALL LEFT ON HIS WORD" as well as the Tweets about it being a plagued wasteland.

The problem is that everybody assumed until the UVG came out that Crowley just withdrew from that battle. It is absolutely reasonable that his men told him to fuck off (Bloodfang certainly does), or at worst they fell back behind the Wall and the war entered a temporary ceasefire/stalemate. If that was the case then sure, slag off Crowley, but the story wouldn't be utterly retarded because it IS feesable somebody would withdraw from what was arguably a lost battle to save their daughter. That part is fine, the problem is the Ultimate Contradiction Guide turning it into a full on withdrawal of the entire country, as if the Forsaken needed more Deus Ex Machina victories.

The problems arise in that the UVG game out both after the Rogue questline and that we were told its contents were the latest, up to date, approved canon. It's the last part that is the problem.
Crowley selling out his entire nation and people just to save his daughter is kind of not believable. He was put forth as an uber patriot, someone who thought of Gilneas first and foremost. Instead we got some limp wristed lame-ass weakling would was willing to give up the fight for freedom against the forsaken, just to save his daughter. He should have shot Laurna (I think that is her name) in the face then told Sylvanas to kiss his ass. As it is, he can rightly be viewed as one of the biggest traitors in Gilneas history.

Quote:
When the Goblins go after him to carve him up because he is literally the biggest diamond in the world?
Old 12-14-2014, 05:09 PM

Elune

Quote:
Not really, I had a long conversation with Anne about it. It's been a plagued wasteland since the Forsaken invaded and throw the blight all over the place.

Quote:
The problem is that everybody assumed until the UVG came out that Crowley just withdrew from that battle. It is absolutely reasonable that his men told him to fuck off (Bloodfang certainly does), or at worst they fell back behind the Wall and the war entered a temporary ceasefire/stalemate.
And everybody was wrong. I'll admit that I was in the same thinking until I went back and re-read the quest text.

Sylvanas asks Crowley "Is Gilneas worth the lives that have been lost? The lives that will be lost? You cannot win."

She's asking him if Gilneas is worth this. She wants Gilneas and Crowley gives it to her because she asks "I offer you the life of Lorna for your unconditional surrender.."

And then you have Godfrey, after shooting Sylvanas, and the unconditonal surrender of Crowley saying: "Gilneas belongs to me, and so soon will the rest of Lordaeron!"

Godfrey knows that when Crowley surrendered, he handed Gilneas over to Sylvanas and he can't have that. So he shoots her because he doesn't want her to have Gilneas.

Quote:
Maiev is MIA and angry. Also the two blood elf and draenei orphans, Salandria and Dornaa. I reckon by about expansion eight or nine they both should be old enough to start adventuring.
Raid boss, unfortunately, but if we get an Azshara expansion, I'm sure that she will show up.

I'm surprised that Dornaa didn't show up. Or maybe she wasn't born yet?

They really need to tell us about how the draenei age.

Last edited by Ma Caque Attaque; 12-14-2014 at 05:13 PM..
Old 12-14-2014, 05:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I was holding out hope that we'd see a late teenaged Salandria (if we assume she was about ten or eleven in TBC, she'd be seventeen or eighteen now, no?) show up with Liadrin and the Sunsworn as a trainee Blood Knight. Alas not. Maybe my years are off...

Last edited by Zaelsino; 12-14-2014 at 05:30 PM..
Old 12-14-2014, 07:46 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
I was holding out hope that we'd see a late teenaged Salandria (if we assume she was about ten or eleven in TBC, she'd be seventeen or eighteen now, no?) show up with Liadrin and the Sunsworn as a trainee Blood Knight. Alas not. Maybe my years are off...

No. If she was eleven in BC, she would only be 14 years old at the end of MoP. Each expansion has only lasted for about a year canonically. She would be turning 15 in WoD.

Last edited by Kynrind; 12-14-2014 at 08:47 PM..
Old 12-14-2014, 08:26 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Ironforge transforming into a giant Magni golem. Compare the Gates of Ironforge to the head of the golems in Warcraft.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:47 PM

Elune

Speaking of Dornaa, there was that WoW manga that hinted there would be a Draenei Shaman that would become a prominent member of the Earthen Ring.

She's remembered in Warlords, but the whole Shaman stuff never seemed to have been remembered. Though maybe they'll remember in the future.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Leena
Old 12-14-2014, 09:41 PM

Elune

Why IF dwarves don't use golems.

Always bugged me.

Also Tol Borad.... just everything about Tol Borad. Some stuff was explained, but there was a ton that was never explained and probably never will be so again.

Last edited by Ma Caque Attaque; 12-14-2014 at 09:45 PM..
Old 12-14-2014, 10:40 PM

Warden

The dwarves found something beneath Bael Modan prior to the Cataclysm.
The RPG said there was a titan complex there.
There was that dwarf (Feegly the Exiled) who wanted an artifact, The Tear of the Moons. The gem turned him into a trogg and broke. He went to the digsite in search of something but the player killed him... An the Horde destroyed everything afterwards.

Recalling some of yours and new ones:
-Tirisfal Grove and whatever is there (Blizzard said no Old Gods ).
-The mistery of Bloodstone and the Argus Wake. Linked with the grove?
-Magatha.
-The pathetic end to the trolls.
-Upside-down / Mirror Karazhan and the weird place Malchezaar was in (Netherspace).
-Rift of Aln and N'Zoth. Also Ny'alotha.
-Azshara, linked with N'Zoth.
-The portals of Outland.
-Terramok. Was it just the prison of Theradras?
-Magni.
-Tyr.
-Maiev.
-The Ethereals. Yeah, Dimensius got killed. They could return to K'aresh or what's left of it.
-Gilneas.
-The magic crystal of an ogre in Stranglethorn.
-Stromgarde.
-The status of Shadowforge City. At least ingame. Also the status of the entire Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes.
-The Kvaldir.

Tags
critical thinking, world of warcraft