Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-04-2012, 10:01 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry35malone View Post
WOW!!! awesome post, nice things to follow, thank you very much for this great piece of work!!!
This bot makes me think of Barry Manilow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-03-2012, 09:02 AM

Druid of the Claw

Tome of Knowledge

With many years of frustration trying to find a complete timeline of events in the Warcraft universe, I finally decided to go out and gather as much knowledge on it as I could myself. While I don't agree with the unofficial compilation timeline on Wowpedia/Wowwiki, I believe most of the year spacing to be correct. The framework was gathered partially from these unofficial timelines, the old official timeline from the Blizzard website in 2007, and this timeline based off of the births of Arthas Menethil and Anduin Wrynn made by Berenal of Moon Guard (US). For my own purposes, I've arrived at this timeline as a usable one for story purposes. This doesn't include all events, nor is it exact (although it is roughly correct, and at the very least, in the correct chronological order). I haven't found there to be any glaring holes or conundrums with this version, but I'd like to hear other people's feedback to see if I overlooked anything, and also to provide a usable version of a timeline for people to use.

Note: In addition to not really providing any details with what happened each year (other than names of books or games), I don't agree with the unofficial timeline on Wowpedia/Wowwiki mostly because of the time that it claims passed between WoW expansions. Berenal explained it in his post:

Quote:
Anduin as a World of Warcraft Year guide:

Contrary to popular opinion, The Timeskip between WotLK and Cata was not five years or any large margin of years, rather several months. This is proven by using Anduin Wrynn as a guide.

Anduin is a lifesaver for keeping track of the years of WoW. Going by his age at the start of Vanilla, He was 10.

Eradicate the Burning Legion, a quest ended by Nazgrel in Outland, claims 5 years have passed since Hyjal, which backs up the claim of Vanilla only being 1 year and as such making Anduin 11 at the time.

The year is once again confirmed as 12 in WOTLK during the novel Stormrage when he is stated to not quite be 13 yet.

It is flatly stated as 13 in both The Shattering (Pg. 268) and Wolfheart (Page 638).
Let me know what you guys think!

Timeline:
Updated version here.

Last edited by Slaman; 07-05-2012 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: Redirecting to updated timeline.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:22 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaman View Post
Year -11 (583): The Orcs invade Azeroth and assault Stormwind, but fail to destroy it. (1)
Year -10 (584): Adamant Wrynn is killed, ushering in the Age of Chaos. Llane is pronounced King. (1)
Year -7 (587): Varian Wrynn is born. (Speculation, he was a “few” years older than Arthas when he met him)
Year -4 (590): Arthas is born. (Tides of Darkness)
Year 0 (594):[LIST][*]Blackhand takes charge of the Horde and the First War's major battles occur. This is the commonly accepted as the beginning of the "First War".
I don't think the Blackhand thing is correct anymore, at least if Rise of the Horde is upheld. I think now, Blackhand took control of the Horde while still on Draenor, before the Dranei settlements had been fully destroyed.

Quote:
[*]Alterac is destroyed after Lord Perenolde's rebellion is discovered.
To my sadness, I don't think Alterac was destroyed at this time anymore... now, it was just occupied by Lordaeron forces. The Warcraft III map image of "Alterac Ruins" is a mistake. I've asked a few times, and I don't think there's an official stance on what exactly destroyed Alterac... seems that it was either the Scourge or a pack of Ogres. Or something.

Quote:
Year 6 (600):
  • The Second War begins in the later part of this year.
  • Alterac is destroyed after Lord Perenolde's rebellion is discovered.
  • Gilneas began construction of the Greymane Wall and cuts ties with the Alliance.
  • Gul'dan dies at the Tomb of Sargeras.
Year 7 (601):The Second War ends early in the year after the Assault on Blackrock Spire (where Sir Lothar fell) and subsequent finale at the Dark Portal.
Good lord, please please Blizzard make this wrong. Please don't tell us that it took a few months to wage war through Khaz Modan, across the Great Sea, through Aerie Peak, across outer Quel'thalas and the Northlands, across the Alterac mountains, at the gates of Lordaeron City, away to the Tomb of Sargeras, then back through the Arathi Highlands and Khaz Modan, back to Blackrock Spire, and finally back to the Dark Portal itself. Don't tell us that it was the end of one year and the beginning of the next for the Seven Human nations to align with High Elves, Dwarves, and Gnomes and for the clans of the Orcish Horde to recruit the Forest Trolls and Goblins, and also enslave the Dragon queen Alexstrasza to use her children, and to have all of these races fighting across all of this land to exterminate the other group.

Not in the same universe where a failed attack on Stormwind Keep resulted in 10 years before the next battle. Not in a universe where the Horde under Blackhand and then Doomhammer took 6 more years to cover the short distance from the Dark Portal to Stormwind Keep, this time fighting against only a single human kingdom.

EDIT: If it's a matter of Arthas or Varian aging, then steal a few years from the First War. Honestly.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 07-03-2012 at 09:27 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 09:35 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
To my sadness, I don't think Alterac was destroyed at this time anymore... now, it was just occupied by Lordaeron forces. The Warcraft III map image of "Alterac Ruins" is a mistake. I've asked a few times, and I don't think there's an official stance on what exactly destroyed Alterac... seems that it was either the Scourge or a pack of Ogres. Or something.
Are you sure about that? I mean the entire country of Alterac wasn't destroyed, since a lot of nations wanted its towns ceded to them and Strahnbrad in WCIII used to be an Alterac town before being taken over by Lordaeron, but at the very least there's no reason to believe Alterac city wasn't sacked.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:41 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Not in the same universe where a failed attack on Stormwind Keep resulted in 10 years before the next battle. Not in a universe where the Horde under Blackhand and then Doomhammer took 6 more years to cover the short distance from the Dark Portal to Stormwind Keep, this time fighting against only a single human kingdom.
This was already retconned in WC II, afaik. The failed attack happend in TLG, shortly before Khadgar discovered Medivh's corruption.

And @ Age: Khadgar's age is also a good starting point to find out when which action actually happened.

In Year 8, Khadgar was 22. (Source: BtdP)
He became Medivh's apprentice when he was 17. (Source: TLG)
22-17= 5
8-5= 3

Which means the story of TLG happens during year 3-4.
Just the maths.

Oh, and yes the Second War lasted indeed only a few months, I'm afraid. In BtdP it is indeed mentioned that 2 years have passed, since the Horde was defeated.

@Omacron: Before your internship ends:

PLEASE ask in which year Garona was born.

Edit:

Found a mistake.

Quote:
Year -23 (571): Medivh goes into a coma and kills his father Nielas Aran. (1)
Year -17 (577): Medivh wakes up as King Llane reaches his Age of Ascension. (1)
This is also not correct anymore. It was shown in both TLG and the WoW comic that Medivh's coma lasted for 20 years, not 5.

Please ignore the WC I timeline from the manual, most of the stuff in there was already retconned.

Last edited by Vineyard; 07-03-2012 at 10:14 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 09:49 AM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
I don't think the Blackhand thing is correct anymore, at least if Rise of the Horde is upheld. I think now, Blackhand took control of the Horde while still on Draenor, before the Dranei settlements had been fully destroyed.
You'll have to enlighten me there as I don't have a copy to peruse through, but I always thought it would make more sense that they had him as Warchief before charging through the Portal.

Quote:
Either way it was destroyed and Perenolde was a traitor. Wording might need to be changed

Quote:
Good lord, please please Blizzard make this wrong. Please don't tell us that it took a few months to wage war through Khaz Modan, across the Great Sea, through Aerie Peak, across outer Quel'thalas and the Northlands...
This was one of the harder points to puzzle out while making this. It's also one that I was very interested in, as Lothar is one of my favorite lore characters. For whatever reason, there's no record I can find of when Lothar died, nor is there any definitive boundaries on the beginning and end of the Second War. I speculated here that the Second War ended earlier in year 7 because I think I read somewhere that the Expeditionary Force didn't go through the Portal again right away (IE, it was closed for a few months at least).
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
This was one of the harder points to puzzle out while making this. It's also one that I was very interested in, as Lothar is one of my favorite lore characters. For whatever reason, there's no record I can find of when Lothar died, nor is there any definitive boundaries on the beginning and end of the Second War. I speculated here that the Second War ended earlier in year 7 because I think I read somewhere that the Expeditionary Force didn't go through the Portal again right away (IE, it was closed for a few months at least).
Nope, it was two years. Source, the BTDP novelisation. And after Lothar's death and Doomhammers defeat, the War only lasted a few weeks, perhaps not even a month. At least according to the ToD Novel.

But still, a good job trying to make such a timeline.

I know how difficult it is to find the right dates, since I already tryed to make a Rise of the Horde and Ashbringer timeline.

And as I said, ignore the WC I dates. The whole creation of the Dark Portal was retconned in WC II and the dates shortend.

In WC II Medivh build it willingly, while in WC I it was created by "accident" during his coming of age and fight with Nilas Aran.

Last edited by Vineyard; 07-03-2012 at 10:02 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 10:17 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Oh, and yes the Second War lasted indeed only a few months, I'm afraid. In BtdP it is indeed mentioned that 2 years have passed, since the Horde was defeated.
I'm not understanding you. Did the Second War last a few months (the end of one year through the beginning of the next year), or two years?

EDIT:
Quote:
Nope, it was two years. Source, the BTDP novelisation. And after Lothar's death and Doomhammers defeat, the War only lasted a few weeks, perhaps not even a month. At least according to the ToD Novel.
Pff, they wouldn't have "a few weeks" to wrap things up, not on this schedule. If you spend a few weeks between Lothar's death and the Dark Portal, and if you spent a few weeks on every other single event in the war, then you're going to hit your "few months" deadline really fast. So the battle of Blackrock Spire probably happened in the morning of one day, and the Dark Portal was probably destroyed that evening.

Heh heh heh, is Grackle joking? Is he joking?

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 07-03-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 10:25 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I'm not understanding you. Did the Second War last a few months (the end of one year through the beginning of the next year), or two years?
A few months, maybe a year.

I just checked the ToD novel again. Here, Khadgar was 19 years old, when the refugees of Stormwind arrived in Southshore. Which means, according to my math from above, this happend in Year 5. The Second War started in Year 6.

After the Horde was defeated, there was a 2 year gap, before the actions of BtDP. (Clearly stated in the novel.)

To sum it up again.

Year 3: Khadgar is 17. He becomes Medivh's apprentice.
Year 5: Khadgar is 19. The SW refugees arrive in Southshore.
Year 8: Khadgar is 22. He leads the alliance expedtion to Dreanor.

His age is confirmed in The Last Guardian, Tides of Darkness (novel) and Beyond the Dark Portal (novel).

Quote:
So the battle of Blackrock Spire probably happened in the morning of one day, and the Dark Portal was probably destroyed that evening.
Hey, you have the novel yourself, so you can check my dates.

And according to ToD the Battle of Blackrock Spire didn't last that long after Doomhammer was defeated. 400 Orc warriors fleed into the south to reach the portal.

Khadgar and his army followed them and reached the Swamps of Sorrow after a week. And they reached the former Black Morass after another week and found it was transformed into a Barren Land.

Khadgar spend a few nights to study what actually happend to the lands.

Last edited by Vineyard; 07-03-2012 at 10:40 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 10:35 AM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:

I just checked the ToD novel again. Here, Khadgar was 19 years old, when the refugees of Stormwind arrived in Southshore. Which means, according to my math from above, this happend in Year 5. The Second War started in Year 6.

After the Horde was defeated, there was a 2 year gap, before the actions of BtDP. (Clearly stated in the novel.)

To sum it up again.

His age is confirmed in The Last Guardian, Tides of Darkness (novel) and Beyond the Dark Portal (novel).
Okay, so my dates on the Second War aren't far off. But I have to question, did the retcon remove all the stories of the Medivh/Llane/Lothar brotherhood where they went around and adventured as friends before Medivh went comatose? Because if not, there's no way Medivh's coma lasted 20 years because he would have had to have been in a coma when Lothar and Llane were young, not to mention he would have been born way earlier.

Edit: Also, would this imply that Medivh was not killed by Khadgar and Co. in Year 0 (594) during the First War?

Last edited by Slaman; 07-03-2012 at 10:41 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:

To sum it up again.

Well, if the Horde began raiding southern Lordaeron soon after the refugees landed, and if all of this happened at the beginning of Year 5, then perhaps the Second War started at the beginning of Year 5 and ended at the end of Year 6? Almost two years? Possible?

Possible at all?

EDIT: On a side note, I'm a little curious as to when the invasion of Khaz Modan and the Siege of Ironforge started. We know that it happened before the Second War "officially" began. The Dragonmaw were secure in their location comfortably before the Orcs made landfall in southern Lordaeron.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 07-03-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Okay, so my dates on the Second War aren't far off. But I have to question, did the retcon remove all the stories of the Medivh/Llane/Lothar brotherhood where they went around and adventured as friends before Medivh went comatose? Because if not, there's no way Medivh's coma lasted 20 years because he would have had to have been in a coma when Lothar and Llane were young, not to mention he would have been born way earlier.
No, the adventures are still canon according "The Last Guardian". There was a scene were the three were fighting Jungle Trolls in Stranglethorn. It was also stated that there were about Khadgar's age (17) during that scene. Medivh was the youngest of them. (Lothar didn't say it exactly hoe old Medivh was, only that he was much younger than Khadgar. So maybe 13, as said in the WC II manual. I don't know.)

Quote:
EDIT: On a side note, I'm a little curious as to when the invasion of Khaz Modan and the Siege of Ironforge started. We know that it happened before the Second War "officially" began. The Dragonmaw were secure in their location comfortably before the Orcs made landfall in southern Lordaeron.
Year 5.

They needed some time to conquer Khaz Modan and to use it's ressources to built their fleet. It was likely during that time that they captured Alextrasza and the Red Dragons. The Dragonmaws found the Demon Soul a few months before SW was destroyed.

Quote:
Well, if the Horde began raiding southern Lordaeron soon after the refugees landed, and if all of this happened at the beginning of Year 5, then perhaps the Second War started at the beginning of Year 5 and ended at the end of Year 6? Almost two years? Possible?
Unlikely. The Novel made it clear that both Alliance and Horde needed time for their preperations. Creation of the Death Knights, Founding of the Silver Hand, The raid on Khaz Modan, the building of the orc fleet....

Quote:
Edit: Also, would this imply that Medivh was not killed by Khadgar and Co. in Year 0 (594) during the First War?
Nope, it was most likely Year 4, when Khadgar and Lothar killed him.

Last edited by Vineyard; 07-03-2012 at 11:16 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 11:37 AM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
No, the adventures are still canon according "The Last Guardian". There was a scene were the three were fighting Jungle Trolls in Stranglethorn. It was also stated that there were about Khadgar's age (17) during that scene. Medivh was the youngest of them. (Lothar didn't say it exactly hoe old Medivh was, only that he was much younger than Khadgar. So maybe 13, as said in the WC II manual. I don't know.)

I'm a little confused how this fits in. Let's get hypothetical...

Llane is killed in Year 0 (594), since this is commonly agreeable.

Assuming Varian was born 6-7 years before (since Varian vividly remembers watching his father die and based off of Arthas' confirmed age), Llane has to be at least 24-25 at this point. Based on the timeline I posted drawing from the WC1 dates he's 30, but we'll ignore that for now. If Medivh is in a coma for 20 years and wakes up just before the dark portal opening in Year -11 (583), he would have to be at least 43 years old at the time Lllane is killed (assuming he's 12 when he goes comatose + 20 year coma + 11 years from first invasion to fall of Stormwind). It's likely he'd be older than that too, since he probably woke up at least a couple years before the dark portal opening (anyone know for sure?). Regardless, if Llane is about 5 years older as you say, that would mean Llane was nearly 50 when he died, meaning his son was born when he was in his early 40's which I find very hard to believe based on how humans choose to have children in Azeroth, especially Kings.

Also, if Karazhan was raided and Medivh killed in Year 4, would that mean Garona had already killed Llane 4 years before? Would Lothar really have been willing to participate in that with her?
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Llane is killed in Year 0 (594), since this is commonly agreeable.
Nope, it was after Medivh was killed. Which means Year 4.

And rechecked the offical WoW site. There Medivh was 14, when he went into coma.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...r-2/8#readmode

Last edited by Vineyard; 07-03-2012 at 11:56 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 11:56 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Yea Llane was killed due to the effects of the spell Medivh used on Garona when they were fighting.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:58 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Yea Llane was killed due to the effects of the spell Medivh used on Garona when they were fighting.
Ehhm, no.

It was actually Gul'dan control spell, which forced her to do this. (Stated in the WoW comic, during the Med'an arc.)

I know which spell, you were mentioning, but come to think of it, it actually seems that Medivh was discribing the control spell and that under it she would never be fully free. (Which was the main reason, why she went into hiding after the First War.)

Last edited by Vineyard; 07-03-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Old 07-03-2012, 12:00 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Ehhm, no.

It was actually Gul'dan control spell, which forced her to do this. (Stated in the WoW comic, during the Med'an arc.)
Then they changed it. I never touched that terrible comic.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Edited my post above.

Quote:
The Second Arc was crap, I agree.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:28 PM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:

And rechecked the offical WoW site. There Medivh was 14, when he went into coma.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...r-2/8#readmode
So then each character would be even older, making it that much harder to believe. Not that I won't believe it if I'm proven wrong, but I want to make sure! Regarding the 20 year coma, I have read the comics, but it's been a while. Does it actually say it there or was it in TLG that it explicitly said "twenty years?" All I've seen is "many years" or "six years," the latter being what is apparently retconned. Wowpedia does mention a twenty year coma, but has no explicit reference. Also, there's this on the Wowpedia retcon page (not sure if true):

Quote:
Medivh was not in a coma for six years, instead he was in coma just twenty days (manual).
Edit: Nevermind, that appears to be from the RPG. But I'm still curious where "twenty years" came from. Maybe it was a misread?

Last edited by Slaman; 07-03-2012 at 12:36 PM..
Old 07-03-2012, 12:35 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
You misspelled 'awesome'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-03-2012, 12:39 PM

Echo of the Past

Hmm, I'd forgotten that the invasion of Khaz Modan happens after the Azeroth-nation refugees land in Lordaeron. I remember now---Doomhammer announces the plan to invade Khaz Modan and use its natural resources to build ships, and then that happens "off-screen" at some point.

Well. It's all just speculation, but let me recall the major conflicts in the Second War novel and try to work out a sense of time...

Act I
* Rescue of Zul'jin
* Invasion of Khaz Modan
* Siege of Ironforge (beginning)

Act II
* Battle of Hillsbrad
* Battle of Aerie Peak

Act III
* Burning of Quel’thalas

Act IV
* Siege of Lordaeron City (beginning)
* Closing of the Alterac Pass

Act V
* Battle of the Broken Isles (Tomb of Sargeras)
* Battle of Crestfall
* Siege of Lordaeron City (end)

Act VI
* Siege of Ironforge (end)
* Battle of Blackrock Spire
* Destruction of the Dark Portal

If there's at least a month for each of those Acts, then perhaps I can see it happening. Perhaps. Probably not. But enough for temporary immersion.

Surely there's room for six months, at least?

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 07-03-2012 at 01:44 PM..
Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 PM

Eternal

Quote:
So then each character would be even older, making it that much harder to believe. Not that I won't believe it if I'm proven wrong, but I want to make sure! Regarding the 20 year coma, I have read the comics, but it's been a while. Does it actually say it there or was it in TLG that it explicitly said "twenty years?" All I've seen is "many years" or "six years," the latter being what is apparently retconned. Wowpedia does mention a twenty year coma, but has no explicit reference. Also, there's this on the Wowpedia retcon page (not sure if true):

Edit: Nevermind, that appears to be from the RPG. But I'm still curious where "twenty years" came from. Maybe it was a misread?
Yeah twenty years is from The Last Guardian. Lothar says "We went twenty-some years without a Guardian, when he was in a coma. I don't want to go another twenty, particularly at a time like this."
Old 07-03-2012, 12:57 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Yeah twenty years is from The Last Guardian. Lothar says "We went twenty-some years without a Guardian, when he was in a coma. I don't want to go another twenty, particularly at a time like this."
Quote:
“The power was too much,” said Medivh. “When I
was a young man, younger than you, it awoke within
me, and I slept for over twenty years. Magna Aegwynn
had so much of a life, and I seem to have lost most of
it.”
Damn I love having all the novels as searchable PDFs at work.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Act I
* Invasion of Khaz Modan
* Siege of Ironforge (beginning)
* Rescue of Zul'jin (I forget if this was before or after Khaz Modan)
Zul'jin was rescued before the invation of Khaz Modan. The rest is correct.
Quote:
Act II
* Battle of Hillsbrad
* Battle of Aerie Peak
Correct.
Quote:
Act III
* Burning of Quel’thalas
Correct.
Quote:
Act IV
* Siege of Lordaeron City (beginning)
* Closing of the Alterac Pass
Correct.

Quote:
Act V
* Battle of the Broken Isles (Tomb of Sargeras)
* Battle of Crestfall
* Siege of Lordaeron City (end)
Correct. (Even if I don't remember Crestfall being mention in the Novel, but Admrial Proudmoore owned the orcs.^^

Quote:
Act VI
* Siege of Ironforge (end)
* Battle of Blackrock Spire
* Destruction of the Dark Portal
Correct.

Last edited by Vineyard; 07-03-2012 at 01:08 PM..
Old 07-03-2012, 01:31 PM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
So then Llane was in his forties when he died unless someone rebukes that Medivh was the youngest of the three. Even if he isn't, Medivh is 34 when he wakes up from his coma. He spends some time planning (anyone got specifics?) then opens the portal. The new question here then is what year can we base things off of? If Llane and Medivh aren't killed in Year 0 and instead the main parts of the First War happen in Year 4, what actually happened in Year 0? Is that just when the orcs come back in force and Durotan was murdered? If ten years pass between the first attack on Stormwind and the fall of Stormwind, would that make the portal opening happen in Year -6? If so, that would make sense and I can rewrite the years a bit on my timeline.

As a side note, is there a non-retconned source that shows how the King's Calendar coincides with the "Year 0" format? Wowpedia's timeline says Year 0 is 592 on the KC, but I don't know what that's from. The dates on my original timeline were apparently retconned.

As a side note to the side note, as I was looking at the Wowpedia unofficial timeline, it appears someone took my work and cleaned it up to update the timeline yesterday. I wouldn't take credit, since I know many people contribute, but it seems to match some of the phrasing in my timeline.

@Omacron - I'm so jealous.

Tags
chronology, timeline, warcraft