Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 05-20-2016, 08:04 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default An Excercise in Geography: Tomb of N'Zoth

So I've been going over Chronicle, and you know what, N'Zoth is hardly covered. He's defeated and buried, and they spend no more ink on him. His tomb wasn't a stop on Ra's Southern Expedition. They built Ahn'Qiraj and Ulduar over the the tombs of Yogg Saron and Cthun. There is nothing about N'Zoth's prison. They seem to have utterly ignored it.

Now the obvious reason for this would be that they want to save all that for when we actually deal with him. That said, I've been going over the maps. Here's what I've got:

Here we can see N'Zoth's prison, South East of the Well of Eternity, in a mountain range South of a valley (the valley becomes an important reference point in a minute), due West of Uldaman.

I won't put up an image of the Troll holdings for the sake of limiting what promises to be a rather bulky post, but it's worth noting that they avoided that entire mountain range.

That changes with the Night Elves

The Night Elves had no problem claiming that mountain range as part of their empire. There are no cities listed in the actual mountain range (not that they would have put every single settlement on the map), but it is worth noting that Suramar is nestled on the Western edge of the Valley that sits in North of N'Zoth's Mountains. I think it's almost directly north of N'zoth's prison.

This brings me to Legion. Almost done with the maps guys. Bear with me.

Thal'Dranath looks fairly mountainous. Is the location right? Could the Tomb of N'Zoth be on this Island? If so, will we be dealing with N'Zoth this expansion?
Old 05-20-2016, 11:18 AM

Sentinel Queen

Well, I for once think that the end of the expansion will reveal the threat of the next one - named N'zoth -, and his prison might be on Taldranath, or in the western part of Vasjhir , or between both of them. Truth is we'll maybe see him rise out of his prison and leave to the center of Azeroth - probably Nyalotah - once released.

In vasjhir quest there are giant tentacle ripping the bottom of the last half god creature there and the area is swarming with faceless one...

right under promontory point and lghorek
^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:39 AM

Banished

There is a smaller formation of mountains where Thal'Dranath should be. So maybe but not likely
Old 05-20-2016, 02:50 PM

Sentinel Queen

So I photoshoped the map of Chronicles for you :

The first two map pinpoint the location of Nzoth prison from the location of Suraman and Uldaman, those map where exactly at the same size so it's pretty accurate

http://www.noelshack.com/2016-20-1463780804-nzoth.jpg

Now the harder part.
No maps of Chronicles show Vasjhir, and the sundered azeroth map is not the same size at all, so I have to make some tweak, I added the broken isle game map and Taldranath, and vasjhir, to get this :

http://www.noelshack.com/2016-20-1463780804-nzoth2.jpg

This is not accurate at 100% , blizzard can still tweak their map themselves, what we know for sure, is that Nzoth prison is located on Taldranath, Western Vasjhir or between both of them...

So we'll get to see a bit of Nzoth if they include Taldranath in the last patch.

Quote:
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.

Last edited by engal; 05-20-2016 at 02:54 PM..
Old 05-20-2016, 03:34 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Perhaps the reason Thal'dranath isn't on the Chronicles map and stuff is because it is beneath the sea floor right now, and gets raised eventually?
Old 05-20-2016, 04:41 PM

Eternal

There's a quest near the end of Vashj'ir where they say "something immense" is under Lghorek. N'Zoth's prison in Chronicle is in about the same place.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Unplug_L%27ghorek

Last edited by Ratatosk; 05-20-2016 at 04:44 PM..
Old 05-20-2016, 09:33 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

It's worth pointing out that old god tentacles can stretch for miles. Yogg Saron managed to get his tentacles on Vordrassil from what, one or two zones away? N'Zoth might be able to reach both Thal'Dranath and Vash'jir.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:52 PM

Banished

They might but Thel'Dranath is not the location
Old 05-20-2016, 10:31 PM

Eternal

Fair enough. Perhaps we'll see just enough tentacle to lead us to the next expansion, or perhaps the entrance to the cavern system leading to Nyalotha.

If Thal'Dranath isn't it, that spot in the water might be close enough to Zandalar for them both to be in the same expansion.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:37 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Fair enough. Perhaps we'll see just enough tentacle to lead us to the next expansion, or perhaps the entrance to the cavern system leading to Nyalotha.

If Thal'Dranath isn't it, that spot in the water might be close enough to Zandalar for them both to be in the same expansion.
Speaking of Which, what is Nyalotha?

My guess is it's the name of One of the Black Empire city, one the Old gods built during their prime.
Nzoth was probably burried beneath the ruins of his own capital, which could be somewhere around Vasjhir and Taldranath, putting the next expansion further west toward Zul'Drak.
But it's probably not on the surface or else the night elves would have discovered it a long time ago, the titan buried the city with nzoth himself and turned his own home into his own prison.

Addendum ; The shadow priest artifact of Legion spoke of very interesting things

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Xal%27atath...e_Black_Empire

Xal'atath whispers: The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.

Xal'atath whispers: This city of the elves pales in comparison to the sleeping city... (near Suramar city)

Xal'atath whispers: The walls between realms are thin here, so easy to tear open. Do you know what would happen if true shadow and light would meet here? (in Netherlight Temple)

Xal'atath whispers: Do not be impressed by tall icons of the titans which stand here. The towers of sacrifice in Ny'alotha dwarf these pathetic temples. (in Stormheim)

Xal'atath whispers: How far the Manastorms have fallen! Relying on crude machines and weak arcane wizardry did them no favors. Still, they had their uses. (at Millificent Manastorm)

Quote:

Last edited by engal; 05-21-2016 at 10:47 AM..
Old 05-21-2016, 10:45 AM

Banished

I like to think it was Yshaarj capital, sunken in the WotA. But they might make it Nzoth's city

Tags
cartography, warcraft