Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 06-10-2013, 06:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
'pirate die'?
Dice in the holds of the ship. You can click on them to roll them and get effects. If you roll well, you get a pirate skeleton that helps you kill stuff. Roll poorly, and you get hit by cannon fire in combat... even when you're in the middle of a ship's hold. I'm sure there are other effects, but I've only seen those two in my two runs so far.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:36 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Battle on the High Seas is pretty neat, especially after I noticed the little flavor things like the Alliance having squallshapers (aka human shaman in all but name), the barrels of oranges, and the pirate dice.
Not necessarily. There are 7th Fleet Squallshapers in the Horde-side Fall of Theramore scenario, and they're made out to be mages. The same with Squallshaper Lanara in teh scenario, as well as Defias Squallshapers in the Deadmines.

Even with their healing abilities, the various human Squallshaper NPC's could still be mages, since arcane magic is uniquely adept at dipping into the other schools of magic and replicating their effects, even if earth- and storm-based spells (or shadow, for that matter) aren't present in player mages' arsenals.

Last edited by ARM3481; 06-10-2013 at 08:40 PM..
Old 06-10-2013, 08:39 PM

Elune

Don't crush my dreams for human not-really-shaman! I mean, we already have tauren not-really-paladins!

And of course I didn't do the Horde side stuff. And hardly anyone has updated WoWpedia with the stuff anyways.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.

Quote:
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:35 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Don't crush my dreams for human not-really-shaman! I mean, we already have tauren not-really-paladins!
Yep, because the one thing we need is more human representation in the Alliance especially in one of the few fields they don't already dominate. Yep, best idea ever.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:43 AM

Elune

Quote:
Battle on the High Seas is pretty neat, especially after I noticed the little flavor things like the Alliance having squallshapers (aka human shaman in all but name), the barrels of oranges, and the pirate dice.
You mean the same ones we had to kill in the deadmines since vanilla?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:08 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Guys, you tried to run after Grizzle after his conversation with Malkorok? I laughed so badly

An easter egg, I take it?

Last edited by Mordecay; 07-04-2013 at 09:26 AM..
Old 07-04-2013, 09:19 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Are you going to tell us what he said?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
You mean the same ones we had to kill in the deadmines since vanilla?
Yes.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2013, 01:03 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Well, he runs all the way through the excavation and instead of heading where he was at the beginning he turns right and leaves the excavation for his buddy...

http://imgur.com/9qwA6NU
Old 07-06-2013, 11:09 PM

Elune

Did I link this before? Eh, this is here again, for the sake of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
Well, he runs all the way through the excavation and instead of heading where he was at the beginning he turns right and leaves the excavation for his buddy...

Awww.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2013, 11:19 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Did I link this before? Eh, this is here again, for the sake of it.
So? They don't say anything.

Because Blizz knows trying to make them humane would be nigh impossible due to how racist and terrible they are.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-08-2013, 09:46 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post

Yet another NPC/location named Dumont. What infatuation does Blizzard have with that name?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:52 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Yet another NPC/location named Dumont. What infatuation does Blizzard have with that name?
It's a popular name on Azeroth, think about how common names are here.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I'm guessing someone there is named Dumont.

Remember, Afrasiabi has three NPCs named after him.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.

Quote:
Old 07-11-2013, 06:08 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

The official website has a new battleground section, which provides more lore about Deepwind Gorge. Apparently the pandaren built the gorge; but the Alliance and Horde took over and started fighting:

Quote:
The verdant Valley of the Four Winds has long enriched the continent of Pandaria with bountiful fruit, fields of grain, grandiose vegetables, and…gold?

Deepwind Gorge dips below even the Valley’s normal depth, and it’s here that the pandaren have turned the earth, exposing rich veins of gold. Ever since they freed themselves from the tyrannical mogu, the inhabitants of the Valley have made careful, cautious use of these riches, taking only what they need and paying attention to the limits of their land.

But the Alliance and Horde have their own plans for the gleaming metals of the Gorge. Amidst the quarry, filled with dislodged rock and connected by makeshift wooden bridges, both factions will rush for a bonanza of riches that only one can walk away with.

Tags
mists of pandaria, patch 5.3